Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

StashAugustine posted:

thus thus by a constant shifting changing of rhetorical focus the man things are at the same time time too tough strong and too frail weak

:perfect:

Also isn't SFO guy not a full-blown nazi but some kind of near-nazi crazy russian nationalist/religious fanatic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Also isn't SFO guy not a full-blown nazi but some kind of near-nazi crazy russian nationalist/religious fanatic?

Third World Reggin posted:

haha I had not heard about the steel faith guy being a nazi

http://imgur.com/a/LMvh6

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:
I just need something to get outraged about today. I personally refuse to play bretonnia until they apologize for their atrocious treatment of what they derogatorically refer to as "peasants." Their treatment of these PEOPLE is horrifying, and I refuse to support them. Furthermore,

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Luminous Cow posted:

I just need something to get outraged about today. I personally refuse to play bretonnia until they apologize for their atrocious treatment of what they derogatorically refer to as "peasants." Their treatment of these PEOPLE is horrifying, and I refuse to support them. Furthermore,

Why are you angry that people are cutting their financial support for fascists?

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

There's really no point in discussing the particular flavor of abhorrent he is. Fascism is fascism regardless of the particular flavor.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Mailer posted:

Are the WE/BM campaigns different or are they more "Hold XYZ land, kill Chaos" things?

The Beastmen play radically differently: they're a roaming hoard that starts as more of a guerilla faction, since you won't have the forces to challenge major capitals or doomstacks for a while, so you go around raiding and sacking small outlying towns, then retreating when the main armies come knocking. You basically try to set the stage for chaos to come wipe everyone out.

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Gort posted:

Why are you angry that people are cutting their financial support for fascists?

This isn't anger. I just find it hilarious that people in this thread are acting like not using a mod for a video game or cancelling their $1 donation is taking a stand against the racists or something.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Gejnor posted:

I cannot stop making mods today it seems:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1127242246

This mod lowers the cap on the new skills added in the norsca patch for the old legendary lords from 12 to 6, i felt 12 was a bit too long to wait on cool new stuff.

Didn't touch Kemmler's ramping level requirements though.

Well i am a social democracy bear so.. uh.. uuuh.. just need a "national" in there and you're good to go!

You're doing good stuff. The change to 12 really messed up Azhag, but now he's back baby!

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I use SFO because it's a big mod that does a lot of good and interesting changes to the game so that i don't need to download a million different mods to do the same.

But Gejnor is actually really good and he's a cool lad so you can actually use very interesting mods that make the game more challenging and deep without feeling uncomfortable about SFO's Mosleyan views.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Luminous Cow posted:

This isn't anger. I just find it hilarious that people in this thread are acting like not using a mod for a video game or cancelling their $1 donation is taking a stand against the racists or something.

I too am very cool and above it all friend, which very conveniently means never adjusting my behavior and/or consumption. It is not easy being this cool but I have to. For the children.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Luminous Cow posted:

Choosing not to give one money based purely on his political beliefs is absolutely making a stand.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

oh, well gently caress

Pendent posted:

There's really no point in discussing the particular flavor of abhorrent he is. Fascism is fascism regardless of the particular flavor.

You're right, but I'm jewish, so people straight up saying "Hitler is good" hit me harder than garden-variety fascists, you know? It's selfish on my part.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Sep 3, 2017

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

the SFO guy did make a video recently trying to explain himself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXQwx1EolD8

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

oh, well gently caress

You're right, but I'm jewish, so people straight up saying "Hitler is good" hit me harder than garden-variety fascists, you know? It's selfish on my part.

That's a very valid way to feel and certainly not selfish. I just didn't want to get into a debate about the specifics of the merits of this one individuals beliefs. 

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Quote is not edit

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Mans posted:

But Gejnor is actually really good and he's a cool lad so you can actually use very interesting mods that make the game more challenging and deep without feeling uncomfortable about SFO's Mosleyan views.

I use them both because I'm a filthy centrist and I dunno this analogy has derailed

But seriously, Chaos Rising and Greenskinz work perfectly fine with SFO, and I only don't use Khazukan because I think Mammon's changes to the skill tree are cooler (sorry Gej)

Also I just discovered that Gejnor also made an Empire mod so I'mma check that out now

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

PlushCow posted:

With this sale now I've picked up all the DLC except for the Wood Elves, because LOL just LOL if you play as elves instead of murdering them.
Durthu & tree friends is the premier elf murdering experience though.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

toasterwarrior posted:

I use them both because I'm a filthy centrist and I dunno this analogy has derailed

But seriously, Chaos Rising and Greenskinz work perfectly fine with SFO, and I only don't use Khazukan because I think Mammon's changes to the skill tree are cooler (sorry Gej)

Also I just discovered that Gejnor also made an Empire mod so I'mma check that out now

You can't pick other modders! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

Nah its cool brohev, you can pick whatever you want.

Also its funny that nobody's mentioned the chance of SFO's Nazi beliefs as being a false flag operation to make my.. i mean others modders mods look more appealing!

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Gejnor posted:

You can't pick other modders! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

Nah its cool brohev, you can pick whatever you want.

Also its funny that nobody's mentioned the chance of SFO's Nazi beliefs as being a false flag operation to make my.. i mean others modders mods look more appealing!

OK this Empire mod sounds cool and I've always felt that Greatswords were rather underpowered so Honest Steel working on them sounds rad. I think it might be overtuned, but I'll get around to an Empire campaign to find out.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Luminous Cow posted:

Idk if it's making a stand or not, but the principle of "not giving money to loving Nazis" is a pretty important one, dude.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

juggalo baby coffin posted:

the SFO guy did make a video recently trying to explain himself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXQwx1EolD8

Wasnt disappointed. God drat I love it.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
Steam organizes mods by how popular they are. Subscribing to a Nazi's mod helps them reach a wider audience which means they are more likely to get money from patreon supporters.

Play SFO if you want but you are delusional if you think it doesn't support a fascist.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Total War: Warhammer - No moral support for nazis, just financial.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Gejnor posted:

lets be honest here, no one is surprised by there being nazis in the warhammer fandom

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Agean90 posted:

lets be honest here, no one is surprised by there being nazis in the warhammer fandom

the sad things is that that's an amazing paint job

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

i mean fantasy is waaaaay less fash than 40k

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

StashAugustine posted:

i mean fantasy is waaaaay less fash than 40k

But has far greater overlap with historical wargaming fans, which are probably 75% nazis

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Luminous Cow posted:

Think globally act locally mon frere

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i was gonna type up a lore post about cool nurgle guys i would like to see in warhammer 3 but yall are talking about how its cool to give money to nazis and so much for the tolerant left if you dont actively give money to nazis

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

the sad things is that that's an amazing paint job

Of course it is, only Nazis or nerds would show that level of dedication to their stupid ideas. A Nazi nerd is, naturally, going to ace that poo poo, because anything less would be a disservice to the fatherland.

:psyduck:

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Any magic mods that make it less anemic? Preferably not made by a Nazi. Old one I used is discontinued.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Sedisp posted:

Any magic mods that make it less anemic? Preferably not made by a Nazi. Old one I used is discontinued.

Cataph's mod is pretty good, Nazi status unconfirmed

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So does anybody have any good AI mod recs?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

toasterwarrior posted:

I prefer Gejnor's mod, but he is definitely a Boys from Brazil clone of Adolf Hitler.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Hunt11 posted:

So does anybody have any good AI mod recs?

Advanced AI mod does what it sets out to do really well.

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

Gamerofthegame posted:

Advanced AI mod does what it sets out to do really well.

OTOH with a name like CeltiK there's at least a 50% chance he's a nazi

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Better not download any mods, just to be safe.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Luminous Cow posted:

Better not download any mods, just to be safe.

Indeed. The logical extension of being willing to adjust your behavior based on new information is to never do anything for fear of doing the wrong thing.

If you're an idiot or arguing in bad faith anyway.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

toasterwarrior posted:

I mean his Nazi status is fairly well confirmed but nobody is forcing you to stop using the mod. You're just supporting a lovely person by doing so

Edit: pretend this post also quoted luminous cow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Agean90 posted:

Historic war gaming is like half fascists wanting to replay WW2 with the bad guys winning.

• Locked thread