Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

baram. posted:

the best dynasty warriors is dragon quest heroes

Jazzing up the combat with different types of gameplay and objectives is really fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TheHoosier posted:

Yeah it's more likely to have a weak second year due to being so front-loaded.

I would disagree, because there's still a few big-name titles announced for 2018 already and we don't know what else is coming. At the very least it's gonna get more ports of existing titles and they'll probably sell well just on being portable and/or not on the WiiU during the X360/PS3 generation.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Will FEH be good for someone who has zero experience with Fire Emblem

Last musou I played was Dynasty Warriors 4

you will prob like it more then someone familiar with fire emblem, since like half the characters are from fire emblems that have been derided

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah a lot of FE fans seem totally down it, idc though I just want another one with the polish of HW.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

baram. posted:

It's slow and clunky and grinding is super tedious and apparently all of that was intentional because my traditional old school jrpgs

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

mandatory lesbian posted:

you will prob like it more then someone familiar with fire emblem, since like half the characters are from fire emblems that have been derided

What's the roster look like. Is Ike in it

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Calaveron posted:

What's the roster look like. Is Ike in it

well, now we come to the main problem with the roster, in which no fire emblems before awakening are represented (other then 1 i guess? marth is in it i think)

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah, aside from Marth the entire population of FE Warriors is Awakening/Fates. It's really bad and they're probably going to season pass out people like Lyn and Ike and other long-time fan favorites because that's what they did with Hyrule Warriors.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

mandatory lesbian posted:

Good to know!

There was a Warriors game for the PS4 that had a bunch of base-management and character interaction systems that seemed pretty neat, is any of that in FEH? Aren't they known for their weird character relationship stuff

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Stealth action game where you play as Waluigi sneaking into art museums in order to paint his face on famous paintings in a bid to get people to like him like Mario. Very Pink Panther like but with more Wah. Hire me as an Idea Guy, Nintendo

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I would disagree, because there's still a few big-name titles announced for 2018 already and we don't know what else is coming. At the very least it's gonna get more ports of existing titles and they'll probably sell well just on being portable and/or not on the WiiU during the X360/PS3 generation.

Yeah the fact that they had good games on a poo poo console means they can get some cheap(er than developing a game from scratch) Deluxe Edition wins off of ports. If the numbers for MK8 were good, presumably we'll see Smash and Mario 3D World at some point as well.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

one of the best things about Kingdom Battle is the verticality and spacious areas in combat maps. It's a breath of fresh air from playing Disgaea 5 where every map is an awful microcosm designed to cause loving traffic jams. I might just delete that game simply due to how universally bad the maps are

Frankston posted:

The head guy of Chucklefish just posted on Reddit re: Stardew Valley

certification is a joke if that hosed up Troll game made it through

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Troll game?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Touch Arcade has a vid of Super Meat Boy Forever, and even for a SMB game this looks like real bullshit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVKOCUm_Njo

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

a.lo posted:

Troll game?

http://switchplayer.net/2017/08/21/troll-and-i-review/

Tayter Swift posted:

Touch Arcade has a vid of Super Meat Boy Forever, and even for a SMB game this looks like real bullshit

combining Meat Boy with endless runner limitations looks terrible

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Tayter Swift posted:

This looks bad. Who the hell wants an endless runner on a console?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Endless runners are fine, but a Super Meat Boy sequel deserves more

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'm having more fun with Slimesan than I ever did with Meatboy so everybody should put their monies towards that instead of Meatboy Cheap Sprint Edition

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Tayter Swift posted:

That looks horrible. Slow and horrible

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

TheHoosier posted:

They've already announced Yoshi, Kirby, Metroid Prime 4, and a Pokémon game, they might not have another crazy "one AAA game a month" year again but it's looking fairly promising already

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Tayter Swift posted:

Yeesh

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
the only thing that can make the Switch the best console of the century is if they released #FE on it. please get to it, atlus

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

spit on my clit posted:

the only thing that can make the Switch the best console of the century is if they released #FE on it. please get to it, atlus

Hey

Why not?

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

spit on my clit posted:

gently caress it, release the back catalog of Ogre Battle games plz

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Space Griffon VF-9 would be perfect for the Switch.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Spellman posted:

Endless runners are fine, but a Super Meat Boy sequel deserves more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ71Wz90zt4

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

No touchscreen support is very funny

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

TheHoosier posted:

Considering that we didn't know anything about the switch's library (other than botw) until a couple or months before release, and seeing that there's still more franchises nintendo has yet to pull from, I think Switch is gonna be fine.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
2018 will surely contain new Yoshi and Kirby games, a new Animal Crossing (the actual perfect Switch game), likely a Smash Bros DX, and probably a new mainline Pokemon game. I don't think we need to worry about 2018.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

spit on my clit posted:

hopefully never, or when the rest of chucklefish gets tired of Tiy and leaves him behind

Good luck with that.

njsykora posted:

NBA 2k18 will need a microSD card to play all its modes apparently because they can't fit everything on the game card and will have to download the rest as an install.

"Can't fit everything on the game card" is a hell of an excuse.

Fun Times! posted:

Why will FE Warriors be good when Dynasty Warriors sucks?

Because when you get tired of pursuing Lu Bu and then promptly having your poo poo wrecked by him, games like DQH are still fun and good (even if your party members in DQH are clingly idiots who sit idle for 90% of the fights, much like the AI in DW games).

baram. posted:

This guy knows what's up. :hfive:

Shame that the Sword of Miracles doesn't heal you on every attack but in a musou game that'd basically mean immortality.

chaleski posted:

They've already announced Yoshi, Kirby, Metroid Prime 4, and a Pokémon game, they might not have another crazy "one AAA game a month" year again but it's looking fairly promising already

2018 could just be a mainline Pokemon game and a bunch of shovelware and it'd still have millions of people trying to get a Switch. Pokemon Grey/Neon for the Switch is going to generate an absolutely insane amount of hype and if it's not the #1 selling Switch game that year when it comes out I'd be pretty shocked.

It'd be nice if they made a good Starfox game for the Switch, but who knows. They'd probably gently caress it up by trying to force gyro controls in to the game in some weird way instead of just letting it be an option to toggle for steering.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Wargroove comes out 2018 so that already has me all set

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

Wargroove comes out 2018 so that already has me all set

Where did they confirm that its delayed to 2018?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Nephzinho posted:

Where did they confirm that its delayed to 2018?

official blog https://blog.chucklefish.org/

it's like literally one guy doing all the work so it didn't surprise me

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

official blog https://blog.chucklefish.org/

it's like literally one guy doing all the work so it didn't surprise me

I have been follwoing the dev blog and they haven't said anything, and that blog (at least whats up there now) doesn't say anything about 2018.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Ventana posted:

Considering that we didn't know anything about the switch's library (other than botw) until a couple or months before release, and seeing that there's still more franchises nintendo has yet to pull from, I think Switch is gonna be fine.

Well yeah I said it's more likely, not that it's gonna happen. I'm excited for Kirby for sure. This was such a strong first year I'm just saying the second year probably won't be as strong

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
F-Zero

Shouldn't F-Zero be a prequel to F1?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Nephzinho posted:

I have been follwoing the dev blog and they haven't said anything, and that blog (at least whats up there now) doesn't say anything about 2018.

it literally says "The game won’t be out until next year"

literally right there

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Improbable Lobster posted:

F-Zero

Shouldn't F-Zero be a prequel to F1?

In motorsport the lower the number on a formula the faster it is.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Nephzinho posted:

The top post on the page does.

quote:

Wargroove

Since we announced Wargroove, the reception has been so positive and encouraging! The game won’t be out until next year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The fact that they're combining their two platforms is gonna make the Switch's volume higher, but you're kidding yourself if you think they're gonna maintain this pace. A handful of exciting Nintendo games each year, filled out by some smaller titles, indies, and stuff that's traditionally been bound to portable devices, is probably all you should expect (which is still really good!)

• Locked thread