Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Glad I could to my part to help team flight. And by "my part" I mean I didn't play at all b/c I had to drive my mother to the airport a 5:15am flight so I was too hosed up all day to even get a single match in. I didn't bring down the average!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Did Splatoon 2 nerf ninja squid super hard? With my sea snails I made a ninja squid / bomb defense up chest and even when using 1x swim speed main and 3x subs, it feels like my character is in molasses.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Night Blade posted:

Did Splatoon 2 nerf ninja squid super hard? With my sea snails I made a ninja squid / bomb defense up chest and even when using 1x swim speed main and 3x subs, it feels like my character is in molasses.

No, and that amount of Swim Speed up abilities should cancel out Ninja Squid's speed penalty. (It's 10%, and it stacks with the Rainmaker carrying penalty as well.)

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Another win for Pearl. Gremlin can't be stopped

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The worst Salmonid to ignore, the Rainmaker and the Flyfish, are still the ones pubbies never focus on

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The worst Salmonid to ignore, the Rainmaker and the Flyfish, are still the ones pubbies never focus on

Why RainmakerDrizzlers? All you gotta do is shoot the bullet every so often. Steelheads are way more important than Drizzlers.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I'd say stingers are worse than drizzlers. Drizzlers can be annoying but stingers will straight up kill you.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Priority should be stingers, then flyfish, then everything else depending on the situation

Gotta kill the harassers

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

A drizzlers rain can get an entire team stuck in an area from walking in slow enemy ink or anything impossible to swim away if you need fo

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Salmon Run: Everything will gently caress you up

Except scrappers. Scrappers are only dangerous because people love to total them in places where you can't safely reach their backs.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I think Steel Eels are always highest priority, they deny the most space and thye end up shielding a lot of enemies and dead teammates

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
My #1 cause of death in Salmon Run is and will always be getting loving bumped off of a platform or the shore into the water by a trash mob. Seriously the knockback regular enemies have is ridiculous.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Yeah ignoring a Flyfish is taking a gamble you will reach the quota and survive. That's usually not what happens though.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Order of importance:

Fly Fish
Stingers
Drizzlers
Steelheads
Steel Eels
Scrappers
Maws

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

JackDarko posted:

Yeah ignoring a Flyfish is taking a gamble you will reach the quota and survive. That's usually not what happens though.

I'm starting to think that ignoring Fly Fish might be a high level strategy, because they are massive time sinks, and you can farm jist about any other boss quicker.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

killing fly fish isn't for the sake of golden eggs it's for the sake of not being bombarded by homing missiles for the entire match

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
As soon as I found out that inkjet shots will destroy a missle pod, it pretty much trivialized flyfish. Tends to work better on later stages where there's a slew of enemies though. Kinda a waste to pop it off early, unless your team is incompetent/totally ignoring it.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

In Training posted:

2 for 2 motherfuckers. Pearl can't be stopped!!

*posts a 'You must be this tall to enter the Splatfest' sign*

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

dog nougat posted:

As soon as I found out that inkjet shots will destroy a missle pod, it pretty much trivialized flyfish. Tends to work better on later stages where there's a slew of enemies though. Kinda a waste to pop it off early, unless your team is incompetent/totally ignoring it.

Where do you aim for this to work? Inside the pod where you throw the bombs?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

This weapon set is perfect and yet I keep getting awful pubs :bang:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I keep getting randos who don't use their specials ever and it's very frustrating. There are times our teams have wiped where a bomb rush or stingray could have been extremely helpful.

Specials are so vital in high level Salmon Run, I cannot stress this enough!!!

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
I'm kinda curious about the Solo Score being so heavily in Flight's favour. That's actually kinda huge difference. What the hell happened there.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Man none of these idiots can handle glowflies or grillers on this map. They always stand in the middle and get wrecked when something comes from the other side

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

jetpackhewy posted:

Where do you aim for this to work? Inside the pod where you throw the bombs?

Yeah you have to hit inside the pod. Make sure you aim dead center and clear the lip of the basket that keeps thrown bombs in.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

throw to first drat IT posted:

I'm kinda curious about the Solo Score being so heavily in Flight's favour. That's actually kinda huge difference. What the hell happened there.

Maybe a lot of flight players used inkjet weapons for thematic purposes. That thing is powerful to the point i think every team i saw in a tourney had at least one person with a tentatek splattershot

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

yergacheffe posted:

Yeah you have to hit inside the pod. Make sure you aim dead center and clear the lip of the basket that keeps thrown bombs in.

Thanks. I had a feeling that was the case but wanted to make sure before blaming my poor aiming.
Anyways, Salmon Run having two fantastic load outs back to back with splatfest has made for one fresh weekend.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

hopefully all you perverts and thieves will put more thought into future splatfest decisions :smug: thanks for the 24 sea snails

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sting Ray can kill Flyfish too I think. I tried it once right at the end of a round and it seemed to work pretty well aiming it at both launchers.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Sting Rays can kill Flyfish, but don't aim it at the pods. Aim it at the pilot to kill it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Flight appeals to proactive problem-solvers who maintain a bird's-eye view of situations and want to get to the action quickly and efficiently.

Invisibility appeals to passive cowards who hide in corners and lone wolves that work poorly with others.

The results on the battlefield were predictable

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Team invis sure seemed to have a lot of Jimmy and Cathy's on it that I put down with extreme prejudice

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

I think we all know the real reason Pearl keeps losing the popularity but winning the battle scores.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Turns out in Salmon Run, you're gonna want to pay attention to the order of the weapons that are displayed for a shift, and the special you get when you join one. Because getting a certain special locks you out of a specific weapon for that shift.
  • If you have the Sting Ray, you won't get the 1st weapon.
  • If you have the Inkjet, you won't get the 2nd weapon.
  • If you have the Splashdown, you won't get the 3rd weapon.
  • If you have the Bomb Rush, you won't get the 4th weapon.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I think the team score is always gonna be closer. Only people good at the game care enough to team queue so we're not gonna see the same difference in strength.

If you want to get dramatic about it: think of the Marina fans realizing that their side is always going to be more popular, but less skilled, so they need to win one of the other. You can make more of a difference in team matches, so you try to win there!

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
I don't think the data supports "Marina will always be more popular.". She only won popularity on Flight vs Invisibility by 1%. Mayo vs Ketchup should probably be disregarded because that was a bad pairing for the US, and Cake vs Ice Cream... well, that one might have been mostly Marina, but it also might have been that it was run during NA summer. Or that ice cream is in fact just better.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I almost picked Ice Cream because Marina completely dunked on Pearl in the intro dialogue for that

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Keiya posted:

I don't think the data supports "Marina will always be more popular.". She only won popularity on Flight vs Invisibility by 1%. Mayo vs Ketchup should probably be disregarded because that was a bad pairing for the US, and Cake vs Ice Cream... well, that one might have been mostly Marina, but it also might have been that it was run during NA summer. Or that ice cream is in fact just better.

The fact that invisibility slightly beat out flight is proof enough to me that that a lot of people voted based on Marina rather then the topic. Cause I can't even see how watered down invisibility could have won popularity wise if not for the fact Marina was representing it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Probably because they prefer invisibility to flight you weirdo

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Escobarbarian posted:

Probably because they prefer invisibility to flight you weirdo

Who would prefer strip invisibility to flight. I guarantee flight would beat the other in popularity if Marina was not represent invisibility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm glad we have the new Splatfest meltdown itt