Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
I have another question.

I wanted to pick up the Sega Genesis Collection (psp) but I read that I can only get it through a PS3 and a transfer.

Does anyone have any links on how to do this. I don't have a PS3 but my friend does.

Edit: thank you!!!

SylvainMustach fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Sep 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You just need to download it onto the PS3, connect the Vita to it via USB then you can use content manager to transfer it over.
If you have 2FA activated on your account this will break the whole thing though so you'll have to disable it first. Don't forget to re-enable it later.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

What should I buy? A Vita or 3DS? Whichever has the best game library I guess.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

Snapes N Snapes posted:

Vita at or below firmware 3.60.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Snapes N Snapes posted:

3DS

They're both dead/on their way out though

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

3DS

They're both dead/on their way out though

So from here on out it's only the Switch as far as handheld gaming goes?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pretty much

Well that and lovely phone games.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The 3DS library will easily last you years though.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
the 3ds isn't totally dead yet, its getting a new pokemon pretty soon and a few games after that

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

Andrast posted:

The 3DS library will easily last you years though.

Nice :) .

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah it's got a great library and a couple of high profile games coming out this year, I just wouldn't expect much after that.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The 3DS library is huge before you even consider DS games + old games in the eshop. It's the best handheld ever at least until the switch has a few years to expand its library

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

but what about the generation defining and vita exclusive game...uh. Knack Via Remote Play.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Persona 4 Golden and Dancing All Night are probably going to be the thing it's remembered for, save a PS4 remaster.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

If there were any justice on this earth, people would remember it for Soul Sacrifice Delta.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I cherish my vita memories of visual novels and miku

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Policenaut posted:

If there were any justice on this earth, people would remember it for Soul Sacrifice Delta.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

I cherish my vita memories of visual novels and miku

Still wishing we'd gotten one more Gundam Battle or VS on it.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Miku is trash.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Mods?

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Policenaut posted:

I would kill for a re-release of Soul Sacrifice on PS4

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Soul Sacrifice Switch please

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Switch isn't even getting the real monster hunter.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Soul Sacrifice was made in part by Sony Japan Studio and the other half of that is Comcept so you're either not getting it or you're getting Keiji "Con Man" Inafune's version of it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Saint Freak posted:

Switch isn't even getting the real monster hunter.

It will

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

And it'll prob run at a blazing 25 fps.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Policenaut posted:

Soul Sacrifice was made in part by Sony Japan Studio and the other half of that is Comcept so you're either not getting it or you're getting Keiji "Con Man" Inafune's version of it.
On the plus side, since Comcept is now part of Level-5 maybe we can get an archfiend version of Professor Layton, a Yo-Kai, or a soccer ball.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

irlZaphod posted:

Miku is trash.

:getout:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

dPB
Aug 2, 2006
Captain Awesome
Yosuke's eyes!

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

dPB posted:

Yosuke's eyes!

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Guys, my LE copy of Ys VIII came in today. I've never received a game early before. Should I play it, or will "they" see me playing it early and fry my Vita through radiowaves?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

if sony could unrelease the Vita by radiowave frying, I believe they already would have

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

BisterdDave posted:

Guys, my LE copy of Ys VIII came in today. I've never received a game early before. Should I play it, or will "they" see me playing it early and fry my Vita through radiowaves?

They'll send a cybered up kill squad to your house. You need to wait until release hour, unless you have a very good network of safehouses.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Dehry posted:

Persona 4 Golden and Dancing All Night are probably going to be the thing it's remembered for, save a PS4 remaster.

Killzone Mercenary and Gravity Rush if the world has any decency left in it it doesn't

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Marx Headroom posted:

Killzone Mercenary and Gravity Rush if the world has any decency left in it it doesn't

Gravity Rush already got a PS4 remaster and sequel. It's not a Vita game anymore, I'm so sorry.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

BisterdDave posted:

Lucky! My PS4 version was slated to come in today, but Hurricane Irma had to happen. :negative:

dPB
Aug 2, 2006
Captain Awesome
Throw vitas at the hurricane

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

Is there act truth in what I've heard about high capacity Japanese memory cards having a lower rate of failure than their Aerican counterparts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Beelerzebub posted:

Is there act truth in what I've heard about high capacity Japanese memory cards having a lower rate of failure than their Aerican counterparts?

Did you mean a higher fail rate? I've seen plenty of anecdotes about 64GB cards failing and those are only available in Japan. You can hack a Vita to use SD Micro cards I believe but I'm not familiar with the technique.