Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Erg
Oct 31, 2010

dogsicle posted:

i love grinding level synced FATEs!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Lizard Wizard posted:

Gee, if only the event were open for two months

how much youkai currency do you get for doing FATES, like plenty plenty or not so much and i have to grind kinda hard if i want more than one set?

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Cost increases per minion that you buy, and you need to grind out Fates with the correct minion to get a weapon

I've done 3 and haven't gotten any weapon currency yet so the event's busted and worthless imo

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Lizard Wizard posted:

I know it's early but I'd like to nominate FF14 for game of the month.
I've been using the yokai monk fists for awhile they go pretty well with my bruce lee glamor

Erg posted:

Cost increases per minion that you buy, and you need to grind out Fates with the correct minion to get a weapon

I've done 3 and haven't gotten any weapon currency yet so the event's busted and worthless imo
I just checked my yokai spreadsheet from the last time they had this event, and it took me 45 days of daily grinding to get everything lmao, not including the initial grind to get the minions

homeless snail fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Sep 3, 2017

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Erg posted:

this is even worse than i could've imagined, but maybe if my brain wasn't broken from doing 2.x relics i would feel differently.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Maybe there's a farming group on party finder idk

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

here's my chart from last time, 222 medals over a month and a half. I like ff14 a lot and I'm glad I did it because the yokai stuff is insanely good, but gently caress that event lmao. I didn't record the actual number of fates I ran but the drop rate is about 33% so 666 fates @ 5-10 minutes each + travel time = 100+ hours of grinding

Lizard Wizard posted:

Maybe there's a farming group on party finder idk
that's the way to do it yeah, get grouped up

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9mu3pPRbvA

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

homeless snail posted:

here's my chart from last time, 222 medals over a month and a half. I like ff14 a lot and I'm glad I did it because the yokai stuff is insanely good, but gently caress that event lmao. I didn't record the actual number of fates I ran but the drop rate is about 33% so 666 fates @ 5-10 minutes each + travel time = 100+ hours of grinding

that's the way to do it yeah, get grouped up

Sounds fun lol

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

In Training posted:

Sounds fun lol
it was, because after all that I get to ride around inside of this thing

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

nice

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Do they give you those charts or did you do it yourself

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

I just rage quit FF12 because the Pharos dungeon bit is boring as gently caress and i apparently hosed something up and got banished to a place where you have to reload your last save if you gently caress up.

Nah, you're grand. I'll just play fun games instead. Pity, i was enjoying the game up until this tedious slog.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

Do they give you those charts or did you do it yourself
I made my own spreadsheet to track stuff because I was gonna go insane if I didn't have some idea of where I was at in the process + its easy to mess up and waste time grinding the wrong medals if you aren't organized about it

I'm pretty sure that was by design because they know how evil the event they made was lmao

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

actually i think you'll find that yo-kai is why

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

spudsbuckley posted:

I just rage quit FF12 because the Pharos dungeon bit is boring as gently caress and i apparently hosed something up and got banished to a place where you have to reload your last save if you gently caress up.

Nah, you're grand. I'll just play fun games instead. Pity, i was enjoying the game up until this tedious slog.

That's the last dungeon in the game and there's nowhere where you're forced to reload your save.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Sakurazuka posted:

That's the last dungeon in the game and there's nowhere where you're forced to reload your save.

Really? Don't know what i managed to gently caress up then because i was stuck in this one small area with respawning enemies that wrecked my poo poo despite me being horribly over-leveled for everything else up to that.

I was sort of bored of the game anyway to be honest so i doubt i'll go back to it. It's was just a bunch of long, tedious dungeons with gently caress all story for the last 3rd of the game.

I have Kiwami and Everybodys Golf arriving tomorrow as well.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=848Y1Uu5Htk

How long can you make it?

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Other than the artsytle this looks loving terrible.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

36 seconds omfg

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I should quit my job and be a video games reviewer man because I can at least beat a tutorial. I can demand the highest salary in the place.

Also I beat Risky Boots, and while it was short it was a good time, bad bosses aside. The various movement skills they give you are fun and have a good feel. I'd quite like it if they released smaller things like this more frequently, but I kinda feel like this is the last we are realistically getting aside from whatever remaining kickstarter goals two years from now.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Sep 3, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

36 seconds omfg

I cant watch rn but im guessing they left in the terrible constant sound effects?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The guy is really bad at the game and also the game itself doesn't look that great.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Real hurthling! posted:

I cant watch rn but im guessing they left in the terrible constant sound effects?

The guy playing is really bad but the game itself looks terrible because they just seem to throw a constant fuckton of enemies at you rather than crafting a decent, challenging level.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
It took more than a minute to figure that out :eng99:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The game was built for single screen encounters so they probably had a hell of a time getting standard platform features bolted onto it

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

spudsbuckley posted:

The guy playing is really bad but the game itself looks terrible because they just seem to throw a constant fuckton of enemies at you rather than crafting a decent, challenging level.

I think it was originally a boss rush game but people got mad so they made...that

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it definitely looks like a game where the levels were a complete afterthought and it would be much better without them

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I feel bad for the cuphead guys, cause they ended up delaying their game by two years, remortgaged their houses, and totally compromised the design of their game because dummies had a negative reaction when they revealed it was a boss rush thing

if they had just released it 2 years ago it would have been good + they wouldn't have ruined their lives

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

I think it was originally a boss rush game but people got mad so they made...that

Microsoft asked for a more fully featured game after initial reactions came back or so goons say

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am not going to rag on someone for being slow to pick up on a tutorial, the learning process is different for everyone. I will say that you'd think someone who plays games for a living would have a more robust skillset to draw from, but eh.

I am getting tired of this kind of anti-comedy entertainment that's in vogue about "Watch how bad we are at video games," the majority of Giant Bomb's series this year are basically that and it's somewhat hollow at this point

Help Im Alive posted:

Wasn't Furi relatively well-received?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i can't even make it through him playing the level to judge how good or bad the game looks. why would you ever run left aaaaaaaa

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

There should be a game called RPG Character Creator where you spend your playtime endlessly customizing all the little details about your dude with rich origin stories and features, then you send him out on a quest and the rest of the game is automated for you. After a few days or so you can check back and see how he did.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

36 seconds omfg
holy crap dean takahashi has never played mario

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

homeless snail posted:

I feel bad for the cuphead guys, cause they ended up delaying their game by two years, remortgaged their houses, and totally compromised the design of their game because dummies had a negative reaction when they revealed it was a boss rush thing

if they had just released it 2 years ago it would have been good + they wouldn't have ruined their lives

yeah it's rear end

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

homeless snail posted:

holy crap dean takahashi has never played mario

You can see him slowly work through it, like he tries ducking to see if that does anything in the situation, and when he figures out you have to jump dash it takes him a couple tries to dial in the timing

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

There should be a game called RPG Character Creator where you spend your playtime endlessly customizing all the little details about your dude with rich origin stories and features, then you send him out on a quest and the rest of the game is automated for you. After a few days or so you can check back and see how he did.

Isn't that kind of like Tomodachi Life

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

Microsoft asked for a more fully featured game after initial reactions came back or so goons say

So many devs involved with MS have had some weird issue or another so I can believe it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

It takes him a full loving minute and a half to jump on the box then jump and air dash over the cylinder. Like goddamn.

• Locked thread