Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Chichevache posted:

In my opinion leperflesh does not pass the Touring Test.

Turing test is old hat, I'm more concerned about posters who don't pass the Voight-Kampff test.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

And how'd them bees get the lady pregnant anywho?

I'm coming home from Vermont tomorrow having exhausted over three months of beer money. The Stowe region is a seriously good time if you're a beer nerd. We hit up Alchemist, Prohibition Pig, Lost Nation, Hill Farmstead and a bunch of others. Sadly I'm basically out of money and have to head home without ticking off every stop I wanted to see but, eh, we got to the must-see ones. :beerpal:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Quiet Feet posted:

And how'd them bees get the lady pregnant anywho?

The usual way? Did your parents not tell you about the birds and the bees?

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I'm going to lift

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
My weekend project consisted of building a raspberry pi with a bunch of SNES and NES games. Mainly to spite Nintendo. It owns.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I've been lifting weights off and on for years but I've never failed a squat. According to YLLS this means I'm not a real lifter.

I believe it.

I dunno I think 1RM are dumb unless you're getting paid for it. You should be strong your whole life, not just for a 5 year period until you gently caress something up so badly you can't get in the squat rack anymore.

Fiz is an edge case though.

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Sep 4, 2017

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

seiferguy posted:

My weekend project consisted of building a raspberry pi with a bunch of SNES and NES games. Mainly to spite Nintendo. It owns.

Did this for my brother in law last Christmas in lieu of an NES mini last Christmas. It owns and is way better.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I have a nitendo

edit how about you. Post anything you have if you like it or love it

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I haven't all time pr'd something in like six months.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

whole wild caught alaskan chinook salmon at my local costco for $4.99 a pound

got home and we'd had a brownout, A/C circuit tripped, probably no A/C for an hour or more, and it's 104 out today

Drinking thai iced tea, it's awesome.

Chichevache posted:

In my opinion leperflesh does not pass the Touring Test.

I've toured all over the place, been to montreal and guadalajara and denmark and all kinds of places.

it's Turing test, but could an AI possibly be as annoying as me?

Skwirl posted:

Turing test is old hat, I'm more concerned about posters who don't pass the Voight-Kampff test.

He deserved it! Think they're so invulnerable with their shells, but they're not! Just flip them over and now they see their entire sense of security and snooty attitude is blown all to hell! Hah!

I'm gonna play video games all evening and nobody can stop me

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I have the plague and I don't like it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The first learning AI we create will be released onto the internet and immediately become genocidal. It'll be like Skynet, but super racist.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
So like that twitter bot that turned into a violent racist nazi?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

He deserved it! Think they're so invulnerable with their shells, but they're not! Just flip them over and now they see their entire sense of security and snooty attitude is blown all to hell! Hah!

I'm gonna play video games all evening and nobody can stop me

You passed, you're apparently a member of the college republicans, but you technically passed.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

King/chinook salmon is good eats. Little too strong for smoking/canning a lot of the time.

No one buy pink or "Keta" salmon. It's bad.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

King/chinook salmon is good eats. Little too strong for smoking/canning a lot of the time.

Only buy Pacific wild salmon, which King/Chinook are.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah this is gonna be great. I marinade the salmon and then grill it on the 'cue (over charcoal of course). Applewood smoke slow grilled whole salmon with a sweet tomato/vinegar/soy/garlic marinade? Oh my god, it's so amazingly good.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Skwirl posted:

Only buy Pacific wild salmon, which King/Chinook are.

I like you Skwirl but silver/coho and sockeye are Pacific as well.

Edit: that sounds awesome Leper. I used to cook them in foil with slices of honey crisp apple and then glaze with sweet rummy jerk seasoning

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I like you Skwirl but silver/coho and sockeye are Pacific as well.

Edit: that sounds awesome Leper. I used to cook them in foil with slices of honey crisp apple and then glaze with sweet rummy jerk seasoning

I wasn't trying to say other fish weren't Pacific, I just hastily edited my post when I thought it looked like I was saying King/Chinook weren't, which would make me look like an even bigger dumbass.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Skwirl posted:

The usual way? Did your parents not tell you about the birds and the bees?

AFAIK the birds gently caress the bees? :shrug:

Cavauro posted:

I have a nitendo

edit how about you. Post anything you have if you like it or love it

I brought my Gameboy Advance with us on vacation but am mainly playing OG Gameboy games on it. Qix is the best game nobody gives a poo poo about. Also the GB version of Batman where Batman is just a dude with a gun who shoots people.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

When bees have sex their penis breaks off in the queen and they die. Just like human sex

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Intruder posted:

When bees have sex their penis breaks off in the queen and they die. Just like human sex

Beenis dude. It's called a beenis.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I used to keep bees and can drone on endlessly about bees but I assume you guys don't actually want that

I could also point you to the bee thread, and the other bee thread in TFR

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Bees... bees never change

Unless you africanize them

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Skwirl posted:

I wasn't trying to say other fish weren't Pacific, I just hastily edited my post when I thought it looked like I was saying King/Chinook weren't, which would make me look like an even bigger dumbass.

Oh. Well the Whole Foods farmed Atlantic salmon is amazingly good as well.

And before anyone gets all up in arms 1) I lived in Alaska and ate the freshest stuff you can get 2) the stuff that's responsibly farmed is a much, much healthier animal than something that is at the end of its life that was dying in a net for several hours.

Also Wagyu beef is just really good responsibly farmed beef, so why can't salmon be the same?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

you guys ever see these videos about bees?

This first one is about how 30 giant Japanese hornets can kill a hive of 30k bees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ1eAM8CChc

But then this one is about how the bees have figured out a really awesome defense strategy against the hornets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6m40W1s0Wc

bees rule

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Oh. Well the Whole Foods farmed Atlantic salmon is amazingly good as well.

And before anyone gets all up in arms 1) I lived in Alaska and ate the freshest stuff you can get 2) the stuff that's responsibly farmed is a much, much healthier animal than something that is at the end of its life that was dying in a net for several hours.

Also Wagyu beef is just really good responsibly farmed beef, so why can't salmon be the same?

You're number two is a bigger load of poo poo than even a zookeeper's seen.

You can't farm fish because fish don't live in a grassy field.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

And before anyone gets all up in arms 1) I lived in Alaska and ate the freshest stuff you can get 2) the stuff that's responsibly farmed is a much, much healthier animal

too late, I'm up in arms. Sarah palin could see russia from her house, and your residency in alaska has not made you into a salmon expert

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/apr/01/is-farming-salmon-bad-for-the-environment

It's not just about the health of the fish you eat, it's about the massive negative environmental impact of salmon farming. There is a very, very tiny number of "responsible" salmon farmers starting to use methods that may mitigate some of the damage, but good luck actually finding salmon from them (it will defintely cost way more than what you pay for wildcaught). Meanwhile, Alaska's fishery is the most well-managed and responsible fishery on the planet. And no, you do not have to eat river salmon that are on their spawning run and getting all weird looking and starting to rot from the inside, most alaskan salmon eaten elsewhere in the world are ocean caught fish in their prime.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Trump just kicked out the DREAMers

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

drat, I stand corrected. Smart dudes in this thread.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Did you think all the salmon from Alaskan fishers were coming from people in riverboats?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Skwirl posted:

Did you think all the salmon from Alaskan fishers were coming from people in riverboats?

why is everything a thing with you bruh?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Ehud posted:

why is everything a thing with you bruh?

I like animals, even the ones I eat.

Edit: Plus it's only a week until I can scream about whatever dumb bullshit the Seahawks offensive coordinator is calling, or the lovely loving penalties we're getting while the other team gets away with murder, and all the people in here who lift should know you need a proper warm-up before you really go at it.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Sep 4, 2017

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Skwirl posted:

I like animals, even the ones I eat.

Dude actually admitted to being wrong on the Internet (very rare occurrence) and you're still being snarky is my point.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I super appreciate your positive attitude. I like to use monterey bay aquarium's Seafood Watch guide when I'm deciding what fish to buy. It's pretty good, there's a mobile app and they keep it well updated.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Leperflesh posted:

I super appreciate your positive attitude. I like to use monterey bay aquarium's Seafood Watch guide when I'm deciding what fish to buy. It's pretty good, there's a mobile app and they keep it well updated.

Machines don't eat.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

What if you caught the pinkies yourself from a river near your home?

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Sep 4, 2017

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
For curiosities sake what is the difference between working to failure and simply not completing all the reps in your set

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I skipped a bunch of posts and came in to "do you think people just CATCH salmon you loving piece of poo poo" so good chat yall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

For curiosities sake what is the difference between working to failure and simply not completing all the reps in your set

When your spotter has to do something besides watch.

• Locked thread