Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I'm rewatching the Pilot now and it seems so hilariously quaint compared to S3 :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001

Eyud posted:

They do. I started last week's episode the same minute it started on Showtime's live stream. And I would strongly recommend not watching the live stream, because of this:

I was talking about the stream at the bottom of Amazon's Showtime page, I stream from there every week and there's definitely no audio normalization. Showtime Anytime's site gave me grief when I watched Parts 3 and 4 on premiere night, so I've stuck to Amazon ever since.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

We got cherry pie, sandwiches (with empty plates on top), and Cheetos. Ready to go.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
My only prediction is that we'll see the "Is it future or past?" scene with Mike for a third time

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

kaworu posted:

Dude, sick avatar update :stare: Great GIF of Trent and great classic quote from Briggs :unsmith: Hope we get some closure to his journey, too. So many storylines, so little time!
Thanks :) I hadn't updated it in a while and I love how Trent seems to imitate Bob there.

If Audrey really is in a mental institution, maybe Billy is her doctor? Or an orderly that's nice to her? She keeps saying how much better Billy treats her than Charlie. If Charlie's this demonic voice inside her head, maybe Billy is the one who gives her some relief from Charlie?

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

redreader posted:

Anyone here on PST? Can we expect it at 6pm or 5pm?

I'm watching on Amazon but the showtime site itself says 'TWO PART FINALE: TONIGHT AT 8PM ET/PT' which means ... 8pm PST?

8PM PST if you are watching on Showtime on cable. Should be EST for everything else.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Rewatching Paranoia Agent while I wait for the finale and drat this show is so Lynchian it hurts

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I wish I was a mod so I could change the thread title whenever I wanted. I'd make it "The gently caress kind of neighborhood is this?"

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
"The gently caress kind of thread is this?"
"Goons are under a lot of stress, Bradley."

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
Couple of things I'm hoping for clarity on:

When does Coop speak with the Fireman? It's the first scene of the season but he's not wearing his FBI pin and then he pops up in the Red Room right after. Maybe it's somewhere between him leaving Vegas and getting to Twin Peaks. Further fetched - to me the way he says his line ("I understand") sounds more like Mr C than it does Dale so I wonder if that's actually Mr C in that scene? Flimsy evidence to support that but that interesting to think about. Is the info given by the Fireman more relevant to Dale or Mr C?

What is up with Briggs, more specifically his body. Who placed it in Ruth's apartment, why is Dougie's ring in his stomach? I think the only thing that makes sense is Mr C setting all that up to point the FBI to Vegas and Dougie, but why? If not him, who and why?

Oh and what is going on with Jeffries in general :11tea: and that person pretending to be him in episode 2.

The one thing we do know is that Julee Cruise will be showing up tonight :)

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Well, we know that Albert will have to get killed tonight so that they can explain his absence next season.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

...! posted:

Well, we know that Albert will have to get killed tonight so that they can explain his absence next season.
I wonder what a Season 4 would look like if David Lynch was still around to make it 25 years from now. All the returning cast members from the original would either be elderly or replaced by objects. It'd potentially be even weirder than this season.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
It's kinda just hitting me now that this is the end. Haven't been this stoked to watch since the premiere.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

i hope they do another "ill see u again in 25yrs" n then we get another twin peaks with cooper is in his 80s

Shonen Waifu
Jun 29, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

"The gently caress kind of thread is this?"
"Goons are under a lot of stress, Bradley."

Perfect

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Wally Brando heads up the Blue Rose unit of the FBI.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I don't know whether I'm gonna be loving pissed or excited if the Diane = Naido thing turns out to be true.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Remember 430.
Richard and Linda.
Two birds with one stone.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I like how the Twin Peaks Wiki says gently caress all about Linda, which is exactly as much as we know about her:

quote:

Linda was Mickey's wife, who lived in the New Fat Trout Trailer Park in Twin Peaks, Washington.

The Fireman told Dale Cooper to remember the names "Richard and Linda."[1]

Linda was a disabled veteran. She requested a motorized wheelchair to help her get around more easily, which took six months to arrive. One day, Mickey rode into Twin Peaks with Bill and Carl Rodd to pick up Linda's mail.[2]

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Sep 4, 2017

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Wait is the finale on in 1 hour from this post??

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Consummate Professional posted:

Wait is the finale on in 1 hour from this post??
Yup, for Eastern and Central at least. Not sure about Pacific but I'd assume so.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I have the show time app so I don’t think it matters. Oh my goddddd

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Yup, for Eastern and Central at least. Not sure about Pacific but I'd assume so.

It is, at least as far as streaming goes.

-someone who lives in Cali who's watched every ep at 6/5pm when they go up

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Gentlemen, it's been an honor serving (coffee) with you :coffeepal:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

So this Audrey's dance scene being interrupted by people fighting in the Roadhouse and then the song reversing...she's either gotta be in a psychiatric hospital where other patients are fighting or she's got a lot of demons in her head fighting each other, right? Or she's trapped in the Lodge and there's chaos there and she wants to leave but she can't?

I know this is probably gonna be explained some sort of way in an hour, though, so I should probably just sit on it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah I'm outta here for at least twelve hours. Peace out, enjoy the finale!

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
Cable listings show two back to back episodes tonight, but I thought it was a single two hour finale. Anybody know which one it is?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The former. Two episodes.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Yep, Episode 17 and Episode 18, for whatever it is worth.

I'm getting butterflies. 40 minutes to go. I might peace out and watch the finale a bit later, I don't think I want to livepost something so momentous, especially since I just load the episode when it shows up on my showtime app on my PS4.

Oh man, though. Hard to believe it's already over, it feels like it only just began :(

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Cable listings show two back to back episodes tonight, but I thought it was a single two hour finale. Anybody know which one it is?

The first two episodes were edited together to be one continuous show, but they were broken apart as separate episodes online, so I'm not really sure there is much of a difference.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I think the only Roadhouse artist of the last 2 episodes will be Julee Cruise.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
Don't live post - soak it all in and go crazy in here when it's all over. That's what I always do with the exception of when the MC introduced James Hurley and I had to post in all caps in here I was so excited.

Grocer Goodwill
Jul 17, 2003

Not just one kind of bread, but a whole variety.

el oso posted:

Don't live post

I will never stop posting.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
Last minute prediction before I check out of the thread:

The not Philip Jeffries that Bad Coop was talking to in the first episode was Sarah Palmer/Frogroach Floatyteeth. I'm basing this solely on the "and I will be with BOB again." Sarah & Frogroach are the only ones that we know of that are still around that have been with BOB.

Goodnight Twin Peaks.

Goodbye Twin Peaks.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

It's not black coffee & cherry pie, but I've got frozen coffee & apple pie Oreos all ready for this finale. LET'S ROCK!

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
I'm a little curious how Albert's path of following the non-violent ways of Ghandi and Dr Martin Luther King Jr. meshes with shooting Diane.

Or does it not count with Tulpas?

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Moai Ou posted:

Last minute prediction before I check out of the thread:

The not Philip Jeffries that Bad Coop was talking to in the first episode was Sarah Palmer/Frogroach Floatyteeth. I'm basing this solely on the "and I will be with BOB again." Sarah & Frogroach are the only ones that we know of that are still around that have been with BOB.

Goodnight Twin Peaks.

Goodbye Twin Peaks.

I think this is true too, and someone did some work apparently with the voice in terms of altering the pitch/speed or something and it turned out to sound like Grace Zabriskie's badass "Sure is a mystery" voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Panamaniac posted:

I'm a little curious how Albert's path of following the non-violent ways of Ghandi and Dr Martin Luther King Jr. meshes with shooting Diane.

Or does it not count with Tulpas?

Presumably his pact of non-violence ends when someone is trying to actually kill him