Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
I'm like Obama in the school--ima take yo guns away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FYAD SECRETARY
Aug 14, 2003

Neukoln19 posted:

I'm like Obama in the school--ima take yo guns away

I'm like Eric and Dylan

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Penpal posted:

I don't know if anyone good at aiming who uses a higher DPI than 800 + low sens, kinda dumb how marketing for mice is all about how high the DPI can get. 3200 DPI for what? A 1080° noscope?

I have a tiny little desk and use 1750 DPI. In-game that translates to a full 180 degree turn with the biggest movement I can make. Works just fine.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
66% win rate in duo's boooiiiii

With three games played lmao

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005

FYAD SECRETARY posted:

I'm like Eric and Dylan

Psssht you're more like Kurt Cobain

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Neukoln19 posted:

Seems like this game has a lot of appeal for "gun nuts"

A third/first person shooter that has guns... how odd.

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005

VulgarandStupid posted:

A third/first person shooter that has guns... how odd.

Dont be dense--real life guns--tons of gun add ons and poo poo

Put it together man

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Neukoln19 posted:

Dont be dense--real life guns--tons of gun add ons and poo poo

Put it together man

This the first game you've seen models of real guns and mods in, friend?

He want being dense, he was mocking you for saying a game with guns appeals to people who like guns.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
the gun nuts are all out there getting horny for the guns in this game, they're doing stuff you wouldnt believe, due to the guns and the attchments

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Jerkface posted:

the gun nuts are all out there getting horny for the guns in this game, they're doing stuff you wouldnt believe, due to the guns and the attchments

Nice post/avatar combo.

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005

ILL Machina posted:

This the first game you've seen models of real guns and mods in, friend?

It is, actually :saddowns:

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

there is not a "guns" in this game i will fight anyone who claims this fight me

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Black Griffon posted:

there is not a "guns" in this game i will fight anyone who claims this fight me

There is not a "guns" but there is a "gun", the one true gun, the Crossbow.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I can't wait for them to add pan skins to the game, I'm a carbon steel pan man myself.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

VulgarandStupid posted:

I can't wait for them to add pan skins to the game, I'm a carbon steel pan man myself.

pan is the best guns in the game

as a cookware nut, I really love PUBG

taters
Jun 13, 2005

This game produces some of the best video clips ive seen since GTA Online.

https://livestreamfails.com/post/6039

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Det_no posted:

I have a tiny little desk and use 1750 DPI. In-game that translates to a full 180 degree turn with the biggest movement I can make. Works just fine.

Yeah but do you shoot good

You probably do, it's just common knowledge that you can be more accurate at a lower sensitivity.

I don't have the largest mouse pad or desk but I move my mouse with my arm, not my wrist.

And before every shot I raise my hand with the rosemary webbed around it for a kiss and a prayer before closing my non-dominant eye

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Turns out when you've got play doh buildings and can walk through walls you also drive through bridges

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cosmicjim posted:

Never blame anyone else but yourself. Even against hackers, you ask how could I have done that differently to beat the person hacking. It might be 100% unwinnable, but if you always blame yourself and and learn from it you get better.

You have no idea how many times I had to give this advice in the LoL thread.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I just won a game that I thought for sure I had lost. After two unsuccessful fights and a round of no ammo hide and seek where I thought for sure I was gonna die, I managed to find an AKM and a 4x which I used to get 4 kills, all at the end of the game, including the last 3 people left. Never give up because it feels amazing when you turn it around after a less than perfect start.

taters posted:

hoooooly poo poo.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

taters posted:

should have used a machete but nice effort nonetheless. 4/5

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i like xcom2 i thought andromeda was garbage, i think the difference though is there are a million third person action games and not many squad strategy games

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

HatfulOfHollow posted:

I just won a game that I thought for sure I had lost. After two unsuccessful fights and a round of no ammo hide and seek where I thought for sure I was gonna die, I managed to find an AKM and a 4x which I used to get 4 kills, all at the end of the game, including the last 3 people left. Never give up because it feels amazing when you turn it around after a less than perfect start.

It's funny when the opposite happens too. Dropped in Rozhok yesterday in a squad game, rolled out of there with 6 kills, ran to the zone, sniped a poor sweet boy running in the fields, 7 kills, ez skins ez life. As we're running up the hill above school two packages drop down, including one that almost lands on a squaddies head - we come out of that with two M24's and 8x scopes. EZ SKINS EZ LIFE BOOOIIIII

Then we ran another 50 meters up the hill and were all gunned down by guys lying the grass in about 5 seconds, with the blue zone enveloping our corpses and sweet sweet package loot

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

taters posted:

There is just so much going on here

LE
Oct 19, 2002

taters posted:

So many layers.

taters
Jun 13, 2005

LE posted:

So many layers.

Extended Director's Cut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIAOhjiBz_4

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

Doorknob Slobber posted:

i like xcom2 i thought andromeda was garbage, i think the difference though is there are a million third person action games and not many squad strategy games

Wrong thread there buddy

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Sokani posted:

Wrong thread there buddy

But.... this is a third person squad action game that involves strategy...

Edit: Okay, here's some actual content... highlights of the night.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/172151898

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/172152518

VulgarandStupid fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Sep 4, 2017

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I just got this game and I've seen people mentioning a first person mode? How can I play in those servers?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Instead of clicking play at the top left, hover over the button and you can click on First Person Beta down at the bottom left.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I recognize that this is probably a playstyle thing, but is it good to bail on a hot spot once you've gotten a good amount of loot rather than hang around to get everything? In particular, I had a match where I started at school. I got a kill, got some decent loot, but then when I was clearing the rest of the building I got shot while looting somebody. I'm thinking that in hindsight I should have left once I had a decent amount of stuff.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I recognize that this is probably a playstyle thing, but is it good to bail on a hot spot once you've gotten a good amount of loot rather than hang around to get everything? In particular, I had a match where I started at school. I got a kill, got some decent loot, but then when I was clearing the rest of the building I got shot while looting somebody. I'm thinking that in hindsight I should have left once I had a decent amount of stuff.

You should have done what the guy who killed you did: get some starter loot and hunt down people who don't know when to stop.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

DrNutt posted:

You should have done what the guy who killed you did: get some starter loot and hunt down people who don't know when to stop.

Vest, helmet, and a non-shotgun primary with enough bullets to hose down at least 1 dude, and you're all set. Kill somebody else to get looted.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Neukoln19 posted:

Seems like this game has a lot of appeal for "gun nuts"

Not enough weapon variety tbh, selection is small and boring and bland.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Hazdoc posted:

Vest, helmet, and a non-shotgun primary with enough bullets to hose down at least 1 dude, and you're all set. Kill somebody else to get looted.

God gave you lethal hands for a reason. Even this can be too much to wait for in school, and shotty is just fine to find you your first body.

To the other part of your question, you can leave if you think you can get away or you don't feel like assaulting an entrenched dude who's got you pegged, but most people would suggest clearing the vicinity before you expose yourself trying to move out.

ILL Machina fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Sep 4, 2017

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

i thank my friend AqualiZer for his good friendship before his untimely death. rest in power
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbvz1NodMCk

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
(None of these were afk)

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback
I started a gun fight and won it at a range of more than 50 meters, without a scope. It was a headshot. I was feeling pretty good about that right up until the next game where I tried to use a crossbow, whiffed a few stationary headshots, and drew down a four-man squad when I landed a body shot. :negative:

I can spot targets now, I just need to work on my ranging and leading. Maybe in another 25 hours I'll get the hang of it...

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

I can spot targets now, I just need to work on my ranging and leading. Maybe in another 25 hours I'll get the hang of it...

Errors in execution are forgiveable. But errors in philosophy are unacceptable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
I cut my sensitivity almost in half and immediately saw a huge improvement in my aim, thank you friends for this advice

• Locked thread