Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Maybe Torrey Smith is like DeMarco Murray and the only one who could truly stop him was Chip Kelly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
The Eagles/Jets preseason game is really agonizing to watch.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

That coverage is.... bad.

Also Carson still threw it behind him.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

a new study bible! posted:

That coverage is.... bad.

Also Carson still threw it behind him.

The throw wasn’t great.

The read was fantastic. Carson threw it as soon as he saw the safety’s shoulders turn.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I'm pretty surprised the Eagles kept 5 RBs. I kind of expected them to IR Pumphrey if they thought he wasn't ready to play this year.

Also 8 seems a little light for offensive linemen. Dillon Gordon was among the cuts so there go our dreams of turning him into Jason Peters II. I guess it's a good sign that Warmack impressed enough to get an extension since he should have a pretty high upside if the Eagles can salvage him.

I also kind of thought WR Marcus Johnson might make it since he was getting a lot of hype from the beat writers, but I guess he wasn't good enough for them to give up on Gibson.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Marcus Johnson did make the team

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

89 posted:

Well for today. Tomorrow he could get cut after waiver-wire pickups.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

89 posted:

Cool, not sure how I missed that.

They gave Dexter McDougle a 1 year extension.

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
I always wondered why they never gave Byron Marshall more game time, I thought he looked better than any of our other running back in pre season to be honest and even anytime he appeared over the past two seasons he looked like he had something about him.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah they probably need another offensive tackle

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

El Patron posted:

I always wondered why they never gave Byron Marshall more game time, I thought he looked better than any of our other running back in pre season to be honest and even anytime he appeared over the past two seasons he looked like he had something about him.

I completely agree, but I believe the opposing point of view would be that the reason Marshall looks good is that he is usually the last back in and playing against 3rd stringers.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Su'a Cravens tried to retire earlier this weekend, Skins FO talked him out of it, put him on non-football/exempt list a few min ago

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I could see any non-Washington team taking the division this year. Without factoring in injuries they seem like a pretty clear 4th.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Really I just don't know about this season. You could probably convince me any of the teams will win the division. The Cowboys defense is just that bad, the Giants will live and die by that awful o-line and the "which Eli will we get" gamble, the Eagles ALWAYS look ready to take the next step but rarely have in recent years, and with Washington it would probably take disasters from the other three teams but with the NFC East that is always possible.

Nobody plays it as bipolar as the NFC East, baby.:c00lbert:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Each of the first three teams seem like a good bet, they just all have at least one extremely nagging cripping flaw that could sink their entire season. Not a division I'd bet on for sure.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Picking the winner of the NFC East this season is guesswork, but in the long view there are two teams on the way up and two teams on the way down, and we all know it because we all know which teams I am talking about without further clarification.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

NotWearingPants posted:

Picking the winner of the NFC East this season is guesswork, but in the long view there are two teams on the way up and two teams on the way down, and we all know it because we all know which teams I am talking about without further clarification.

nfce.txt

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

One team will win this division, I guarantee it

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Probably the Cowboys

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Probably the Cowboys

12-4

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
lol the Eagles signed a Redskins camp QB to their practice squad. I wonder if he makes it past week 1.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I'll go with the Cowboys

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

NotWearingPants posted:

lol the Eagles signed a Redskins camp QB to their practice squad. I wonder if he makes it past week 1.

eagles should sign kap.

i'm not even joking.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

It's all going to be a wonderful poo poo show for 3 teams and one shinning above the rest inexplicably.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

shyduck posted:

One team will win this division, I guarantee it

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Sep 4, 2017

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Su'a Cravens tried to retire earlier this weekend, Skins FO talked him out of it, put him on non-football/exempt list a few min ago

WTF happened there?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Is Zeke playing this week or what?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

They've filed for a temporary injunction blocking the suspension. We'll have a ruling this week on it. On one hand Goodell has pretty much universal authority on the other hand the NFL's people recommended no suspension and Roger pulled the trigger anyways.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Mr. Nice! posted:

They've filed for a temporary injunction blocking the suspension. We'll have a ruling this week on it. On one hand Goodell has pretty much universal authority on the other hand the NFL's people recommended no suspension and Roger pulled the trigger anyways.

which he has authority to do per the CBA. he could suspend brady for not putting glass in the right recycling bin

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I know. Zeke is probably going to lose his suspension case but I'm not sure on the defamation portion because officials said things that were flat not supported by the police or the NFL's investigation.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I don't know how long Zeke could potentially put the suspension off, but the opening weeks of the Cowboys schedule is the easiest. He should just take it now rather than later in the season.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Philadelphia: Where Super
Bowl dreams go to Di

lol

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

just so I'm clear we have it on video with him lifting that lady's top right? The whole thing with the ex is a poo poo show I've gathered.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes

This is a work of art.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

LethalGeek posted:

just so I'm clear we have it on video with him lifting that lady's top right? The whole thing with the ex is a poo poo show I've gathered.

We do. Twice.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

I don't know how long Zeke could potentially put the suspension off, but the opening weeks of the Cowboys schedule is the easiest. He should just take it now rather than later in the season.

quote:

September 10 vs. New York Giants
September 17 @ Denver Broncos
September 25 @ Arizona Cardinals

uh

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

axeil posted:

eagles should sign kap.

i'm not even joking.

I’ve been saying this for a while.

Kaep has to be better than Foles

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.

LethalGeek posted:

Tbh the NFL should have just suspended him one or two games for that instead of gunning for the six game off inconsistent evidence and against their own investigator's recommendation

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Omg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

aBagorn posted:

I’ve been saying this for a while.

Kaep has to be better than Foles

But they already paid Foles a ridiculous amount of money.

• Locked thread