Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Irregardless posted:

Do you guys think there's enough time to organize everyone to get on board with not re-electing anyone for the next 6 years or so? Dem or Repub or anywhere in between, I feel like this country needs a hard reset, and definitely some younger blood up in Congress.

This is how you get the Kekistani Caucus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Irregardless posted:

Do you guys think there's enough time to organize everyone to get on board with not re-electing anyone for the next 6 years or so? Dem or Repub or anywhere in between, I feel like this country needs a hard reset, and definitely some younger blood up in Congress.

I'm fine with not reelecting any Republicans. The Democrats are actually sane, though. They shouldn't be punished for this bullshit.

Irregardless
Jan 19, 2007

not even once.
I'm inclined to agree with yous, but I feel like those that were complicit in the DNC choosing Hillary over berning man need to be ousted too, because that was such a bonehead fuckin move.

We definitely need to start organizing for the midterms coming up, like listing who all is on the chopping block in what states and GOTV efforts for all the LAZY PISSBABIES who enjoy not voting and not being bothered by any of this.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Irregardless posted:

I'm inclined to agree with yous, but I feel like those that were complicit in the DNC choosing Hillary over berning man need to be ousted too, because that was such a bonehead fuckin move.

We definitely need to start organizing for the midterms coming up, like listing who all is on the chopping block in what states and GOTV efforts for all the LAZY PISSBABIES who enjoy not voting and not being bothered by any of this.

Bernie lost. STFU and get over it, crybaby.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Irregardless posted:

You will need those pissbabies because you want to eliminate the majority of Democrat primary voters in some sort of purity purge.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Irregardless posted:

I'm inclined to agree with yous, but I feel like those that were complicit in the DNC choosing Hillary over berning man need to be ousted too, because that was such a bonehead fuckin move
i don't think you can oust voters.

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

i don't think you can oust voters.

Tell that to the last 40 years of Republican voter suppression tactics.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Willo567 posted:

Jesus christ, why the gently caress won't any of his staff stand up to him? loving hell, reporters need to give him hell when they see him

When it comes to reporters and the media, some are still desperately invested in the idea that the current situation is manageable and only slightly outside the norm, instead of a festering political crisis. Essentially George W. Bush except wackier.

You could see this especially clearly after he launched the Tomahawks at Syria. You could practically hear half the media go "Thank God! He's JUST a neocon warmongerer!"

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Deteriorata posted:

I'm fine with not reelecting any Republicans. The Democrats are actually sane, though. They shouldn't be punished for this bullshit.

Yeah, uh, about that http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dnc-black-lives-matter-memo_us_57c6f80de4b078581f1072ca

quote:

“Don’t offer support” for the “concrete policy positions” of Black Lives Matter protesters, the chief organization charged with electing Democrats to the House of Representatives warned its candidates in an internal memo leaked online on Wednesday.

I wouldn't call "don't support BLM" sane.

Irregardless
Jan 19, 2007

not even once.
I'm not a diehard bernie fan for anything, but strategically speaking, if the DNC wanted a better chance at not having cheeto man in the WH, they had some options and chose the absolute worst one.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Irregardless posted:

I voted for Bernie too but even disregarding the superdelegates and poo poo, more people voted for Hillary in the primaries. She won fair and square.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Irregardless posted:

I'm not a diehard bernie fan for anything, but strategically speaking, if the DNC wanted a better chance at not having cheeto man in the WH, they had some options and chose the absolute worst one.

"Bernie would have won"? That's really what you're gonna go with?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Deteriorata posted:

American political discourse.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Irregardless posted:

Shut up.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Irregardless posted:

You don't seem to understand how the American political parties choose a nominee.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

How does Bernie appeal more to the racist suburbanite white person than Trump? That is who swung the election, not poor factory workers.

Irregardless
Jan 19, 2007

not even once.
Basically my original point I was trying to make was:

There's loooooots of motherfuckers that have done some hosed up poo poo and made some real bad choices on which horse to bet on, and a lot of them fuckers have been in there for 20-30 years. It's time we fuckin' take a good hard look at every single motherfucker up for reelection for a while, and even if they've got a mostly good track record, if they've done some really questionable poo poo a time or two when pressured, get em the gently caress out.

Representing your fellow Americans was supposed to be a great honor but it never actually has been. Let's make it that way, together.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

"Not support concrete policy positions" VS "label them terrorists and support making killing them with your car legal" are your options here.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

EugeneJ posted:

Don't worry Hillary's running again and has a swank new website

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/904484186291089408

What exactly is this website even supposed to do? Besides being an obvious target for trolls?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
So uhhh, This American Life is doing a piece on Betsy DeVos.

https://m.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/624/private-geography

she turned all of her mentored minority students and their families into house servants

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
To be fair, Bernie would have won.

Bogatyr
Jul 20, 2009

Internet Explorer posted:

People can be pissed about it and not be surprised. You're talking about 800k lives here, maybe try to be a bit less of an rear end in a top hat.

Apoplexy at the inevitable, easy campaign promise for Trump to fulfill is about as dumb as it gets. Don't be dumb. Jesus, you people are why the GOP have all three branches.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

FourLeaf posted:

What exactly is this website even supposed to do? Besides being an obvious target for trolls?

Money grab by consultants and whoever built the website. This is like the Juicero of Social Media platforms.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

You were here for the Kale meltdown, were you not? It's lovely, but I really think publicly supporting BLM policies would be politically disadvantageous. Platitudes are fine but as soon as talk turns towards actually fixing things white fragility rears its ugly head again.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Hurricane chat

You can use Windy to see a visual representation of both real-time and forecast data. It's very good.

https://www.windy.com/

The bar at the bottom lets you change the time so you can see history as well as the present and the forecast.

Bogatyr
Jul 20, 2009
And another thing, people mad at Verrit today are useful idiots too. Stop it.

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

A lovely Reporter posted:

Go away.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Don't you loving steal my piss baby term. Those are trumpers because they're babies who like piss play just like their leader.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Deteriorata posted:

Errrr, Clinton kind of did too.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

EugeneJ posted:

Don't worry Hillary's running again and has a swank new website

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/904484186291089408

Hey look another national platform for her to fail on

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

A lovely Reporter posted:

Of course Bernie would have won.

In other news, party that produced the most racist candidate for President in the last 60 years is SHOCKED that that person is enacting cruel and racist policy.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Majorian posted:

Errrr, Clinton kind of did too.

You're right. This is not the thread for relitigating old election gripes.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

I looked up the numbers on the DACA program, apparently the vast majority come from Mexico (here's a spreadsheet from the US Citizenship and Immigration Services). That spreadsheet seems to have 1 million+ people accounted for, but I may not understand the categories.

I just can't fathom the logistics. The only hope is that they get added as a low priority to the queue, and because the system is already hosed up they just skate by for a few years until a president with actual compassion comes along.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

coyo7e posted:

Yeah as I understand it, Schiller was one of the last true longtime Trump loyalists.

edit:

Is this Yachats Oregon?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

No way they are low priority, ICE already has their address, they won't even wait the 6 months unless forced to.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Eltoasto posted:

No way they are low priority, ICE already has their address, they won't even wait the 6 months unless forced to.

The six months is to plan the most effective way of bagging every single one as ruthlessly as possible.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Bogatyr posted:

Apoplexy at the inevitable, easy campaign promise for Trump to fulfill is about as dumb as it gets. Don't be dumb. Jesus, you people are why the GOP have all three branches.

People like me?

What the gently caress are you on about?

Irregardless
Jan 19, 2007

not even once.

Mustached Demon posted:

The six months is to plan the most effective way of bagging every single one as ruthlessly as possible.

I'm sure the way of bagging will be personal preference, ie whatever is the most fun way.

I reckon the six months is so they can negotiate where they're gonna dump em all over the border and/or legislate a way to get em across a border faster than we do now.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

enraged_camel posted:

Hurricane chat

You can use Windy to see a visual representation of both real-time and forecast data. It's very good.

https://www.windy.com/

The bar at the bottom lets you change the time so you can see history as well as the present and the forecast.

At least it's optimistic: https://www.windy.com/?2017-09-11-18,34.543,-90.264,5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Irregardless posted:

I'm sure the way of bagging will be personal preference, ie whatever is the most fun way.

I reckon the six months is so they can negotiate where they're gonna dump em all over the border and/or legislate a way to get em across a border faster than we do now.

Thankfully Obama set up a FEMA train depot for just this occasion.

• Locked thread