Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Robot Wendigo posted:

I got Yakuza Kiwami for my birthday and I wanted to hug it

My cat loves Kiwami, too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Anybody else notice the the thread title is SECS?

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.

exquisite tea posted:

That's one game that I think really could have benefited from an auto-difficulty setting because when you die too many times it ironically snaps you out of the tension and ceases to be scary.

I got through roughly 75% of the game on hard difficulty, then when I got stuck I tried to turn the difficulty down only to find out you can't, there was no way in hell I was starting again and I'm still peeved I haven't finished it.

Tarantula fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Sep 4, 2017

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

that guy owns, i feel like a pretty good video gamer now

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

For some reason role playing two separate characters felt weird to me in the original, uh, Original Sin. Obviously I didn't have anyone to co op with.

I ended up having goofy fun with that. I gave each character a personality and tried to really RP as them (instead of how I normally play which is some mixture of "what would I do here" + "what do I think gives me the most additional content from this decision?"). Because there's the weird RPS conversation conflict manager, I could even have them disagree and argue amongst themselves.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

There should be a game called RPG Character Creator where you spend your playtime endlessly customizing all the little details about your dude with rich origin stories and features, then you send him out on a quest and the rest of the game is automated for you. After a few days or so you can check back and see how he did.

There's a fun board game called Rollplayer where you're drafting dice to create the perfect Dungeons & Dragons character. I won with a half-orc ranger whose parents are dead and is a lawful good reckless folk hero with 3 intelligence, 3 wisdom, and 3 charisma as god Gary Gygax intended.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

al-azad posted:

There's a fun board game called Rollplayer where you're drafting dice to create the perfect Dungeons & Dragons character. I won with a half-orc ranger whose parents are dead and is a lawful good reckless folk hero with 3 intelligence, 3 wisdom, and 3 charisma as god Gary Gygax intended.

The folk hero with no charisma.

"Well, he did single-handedly save our entire village from bandits, but that shirt with those shoes?"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

al-azad posted:

a half-orc ranger whose parents are dead and is a lawful good reckless folk hero with 3 intelligence, 3 wisdom, and 3 charisma

The UNAbomber?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Anyone have Disgaea 2 PC? How do you set a character's facing?

e: nevermind, found it!

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Sep 4, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

homeless snail posted:

it was really bad, and came out in an unfortunate time in my life where I would go to blockbuster to 1) rent any PS2 game with an anime character on the cover and 2) ask if they had macrosses 3-6 in stock

lol

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdJefkTfPBU

Note that the eyebrows I used as his mustache teleport when he smiles.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

LawfulWaffle posted:

Please stop, or I'll have no choice but to get this good-looking game! I already can't decide between Xcom 2 and Mario + Rabbids.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

one week until 9/11 does anyone have any video game plans?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

LawfulWaffle posted:

That sure was the same golf shot three times

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I'll be having a moment of silence because I'll be playing Destiny 2 and not going outside or talking to anybody.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

:thunk:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

hey gurn

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I know pre-ordering is bad and I shouldn't have done it, but I just bought Cuphead off of GOG.com.

Pretty stoked for that game. Also I totally forgot Spectre Knight came out for Shovel Knight so I got that to play while I slowly die from this tonsillitis.

Gampelay video from the XBOX One version - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20Rt7NugRMs

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Game Informer put up their own preview clip of Cuphead and their guy beat that first level in like 90 seconds lmao.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMkCIdGikmk

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Unfunny Poster posted:

Also I totally forgot Spectre Knight came out for Shovel Knight so I got that to play while I slowly die from this tonsillitis.

Are you excited for the Specter Knight amiibo?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FirstAidKite posted:

Are you excited for the Specter Knight amiibo?

I didn't know what amiibos were until I went to Japan the other month and saw them and had to ask a friend what they were.

So, not really but if I can get one as well as Shovel Knight then they can join my Fry & Venomancer figurines on my desk at work I guess.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Unfunny Poster posted:

I didn't know what amiibos were until I went to Japan the other month and saw them and had to ask a friend what they were.

So, not really but if I can get one as well as Shovel Knight then they can join my Fry & Venomancer figurines on my desk at work I guess.

Huh

I'm surprised you didn't know what amiibos were until a month ago. I figured everyone in games just kinda knew about them by now.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FirstAidKite posted:

Huh

I'm surprised you didn't know what amiibos were until a month ago. I figured everyone in games just kinda knew about them by now.

I haven't had a Nintendo since the original Wii so I never was really exposed to them much. I knew what the Skylanders stuff was so when I was told what Amiibos were I understood their gimmick, etc.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Rabi Ribi is a very cute and charming and awesome game.
deff having fun with it.

Edit: the only amiibo's I bought were the 2 cloud ones.
FF7 has a special place in my heart. Can I use them in Smash or something?

DLC Inc posted:

My cat loves Kiwami, too

Your cat is very cute

reminds me of mine before I lost her.

Sefal fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Sep 4, 2017

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/KimoForce/status/904433723676004353

:psyduck:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

:capitalism:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

LawfulWaffle posted:

my best so far is 180 yards :c00l:

https://gfycat.com/BadShrillCusimanse

But I played like 60+ hours of the vita Everybody's Golf and I got maybe 20 of those homing shots ever (and i still haven't gotten one in this version) I'm really bad at hitting the pin

Run Dodo Run
Oct 7, 2006

But the profits go to his family!

unless you live in one of 6 US states or the rest of the entire world in which cause warner bros takes all of it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

If you die in real life you die in the game (repeatedly, for a small fee)

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

So I'm playing IF again and

this one is really good

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

No joke though what poster here wouldn't give their left nut to one day be immortalized as some gawdy DLC in their favorite game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

No joke though what poster here wouldn't give their left nut to one day be immortalized as some gawdy DLC in their favorite game.

when I die please make me an anime girl

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I blazed through rabi ribi on PS4 because I wanted to see the new dlc stuff and one of the new bosses has 99 lifebars. the fight went on for like 20 minutes and they never repeated attacks once, it owns

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Really Pants posted:

when I die please make me an anime girl

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yeah I posted a bit about that a few pages ago. It's pretty awful.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

Yeah I posted a bit about that a few pages ago. It's pretty awful.

Yeah. :(

Sorry for missing it, I've been skimming pages in here again.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

StrixNebulosa posted:

Yeah. :(

Sorry for missing it, I've been skimming pages in here again.

The thing a lot of the Kotaku/Eurogamer/etc. articles missed is that the charity stuff that the DLC is doing ($3.50 of every $5 purchase goes to the guys family) only applies to 44 US states. Worldwide. Every purchase outside the US will just be straight up pocketed by WB.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

exquisite tea posted:

Game Informer put up their own preview clip of Cuphead and their guy beat that first level in like 90 seconds lmao.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMkCIdGikmk
That guy is pretty good though, I spotted a few places where I would have probably died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Sick all weekend, dragged myself to work, oh right it's labor day

• Locked thread