Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

She doesn't have a completed IMDB page and she isn't the singer from Chromatics either :v:

I guess this was her only credit to date?

she doesn't look anything like the singer from chromatics lol. she's like 30 years older

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

el oso posted:

wraps things up

in plastic

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Origami Dali posted:

I was wondering what the giant meant by 430 from ep 1, but I just realized that Coop and Diane drove 430 miles exactly.

Yeah, I was wondering that too. It might explain why Cooper remembers who he is in the dream and not Diane, who disappears. I think the Fireman knew something like this would happen. Mother sure wants to keep poor Laura down.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"The past dictates the future."

I suppose that refers to the effects of the series timeline from the past lingering in the new present timeline?

Shonen Waifu
Jun 29, 2003

sector_corrector posted:

Wait, pretend I posted this instead:

Ok

Haha

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
What Fireman tells Coop:
It's in our house now
It cannot be said aloud
Richard and Linda
Two birds with one stone
Cooper is far away

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Honestly, the fireman's whole good guy shtick is extremely suspect at this point. At best he's just Judy's unwitting other half, aiding in the infinite garmonbozia cycle through "opposition" to it.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

TheMaestroso posted:

Maddy died there, not Laura. She died in the train car.

Whoops. Well my incorrect fan-theory still stands that her memories, or some of them, returned.

Unless we get an S4 and from her perspective some inter-dimensional beast is crawling through the sky at her. Then I'll just throw my hands in the air and keep watching.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

If people expected a loving Twin Peaks story to wrap things up tidily and neatly I don't really know what to tell them, or what exactly they thought they were watching either. Season 1 didn't end that way. Season 2 sure as gently caress didn't end that way. FWWM even moreso didn't end that way. Hell even Frost's book didn't really end that way.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

blue fuckin velvet had a happy ending

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

romanowski posted:

she doesn't look anything like the singer from chromatics lol. she's like 30 years older
The way the singer from Chromatics looks in Twin Peaks, at least.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

handsome only face posted:

I disagree.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Blue Velvet undercuts the apparent happiness a bit, like with the woman eating the bug.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

it was fake happy that's why the robin looks so fake

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
What's (especially) weird about the Fireman/Coop scene is that it seems like the Fireman is guiding Coop to go to this other dimension to rescue Laura's spirit (I guess) but it all seems to result in a horrible end. The Fireman was otherwise putting pieces into place to take care of Mr C so why send Dale to this fate afterwards?

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

The way the singer from Chromatics looks in Twin Peaks, at least.

i'm sorry my friend but you have a bad case of the classic goon faceblindness

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

el oso posted:

What's (especially) weird about the Fireman/Coop scene is that it seems like the Fireman is guiding Coop to go to this other dimension to rescue Laura's spirit (I guess) but it all seems to result in a horrible end. The Fireman was otherwise putting pieces into place to take care of Mr C so why send Dale to this fate afterwards?

You can't really expect everything to go your way when you play 40-dimenional timechess with demons who feed on suffering.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Booper was just a glitch in the system; everybody but Booper himself and maybe BOB wanted him to go back in. That part's not inconsistent with the fireman (and MIKE, for that matter) being secret assholes, unwitting assholes, or just normal assholes.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
For the people who were wondering about who the actress playing Mrs. Tremond is: She's not an actress, it's the lady who actually owns the house in real life.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Who is the Firemen? Mike?

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
I feel devastated by this ending and I kind of love that.

Like, I'm not saying the ending was good or bad, just that it was damaging in a way television rarely is and I appreciate that

(especially compared to the limp dick finale of GoT last week)

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
The only way I can piece together the Audrey scenes is she's just remembering the "echoes" of her Twin Peaks timeline, just a Laura did at the end there. Bizarro-Audrey is somewhere out there, possibly in the looney bin, in the Richard and Linda universe.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

So essentially Cooper is just a marble that rocks back and forth infinitely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmJzy0WrSXY

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

When even a blatantly evil entity like the arm wants Booper to go back in, it might be a sign that absolutely no one likes Booper

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
That ending was so incredibly Lynch it hurts. It's definitely something that requires some rewatching/unpacking to fully "get it" and I really don't expect anything less. Ya did it again Lynchie.

At the same time, I don't 100% think Season 4 is gonna come, but I wouldn't be surprised if Lynch and Frost plan on it either.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

It's a bummer that we didn't get to see Ben picking up a naked Jerry at the airport.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Episodes ruled

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

CJacobs posted:

For the people who were wondering about who the actress playing Mrs. Tremond is: She's not an actress, it's the lady who actually owns the house in real life.

This makes the finale 1000x better

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Still dunno who Judy is, lol.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I'd be okay with all these loose ends and an ambiguous ending if I felt like I understood it at all. The end of the original series was pretty straightforward, despite ending on a cliffhanger. I'll keep reading online theories for a few days but I doubt there will ever be a consensus.

I'm curious what the Final Dossier will contain. It's not a sequel to this series - it's meant to bridge the gap between 1991 and 2016. I imagine we'll find out what's going on with Audrey once and for all. Probably find out what Donna has been up to, Sheriff Truman, etc.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Origami Dali posted:

Clearly it's Jahweh.

Jahweh -> Jodway -> Judy.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Origami Dali posted:

The thing that vomited a zillion eggs when the atomic bomb went off

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Origami Dali posted:

Pretty sure Judy and mother are the same.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Final Dossier will be an authoritative account of how much mark frost likes collecting paychecks, I wouldn't expect anything else out of it

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

wa27 posted:

I'd be okay with all these loose ends and an ambiguous ending if I felt like I understood it at all. The end of the original series was pretty straightforward, despite ending on a cliffhanger. I'll keep reading online theories for a few days but I doubt there will ever be a consensus.

This is how I feel about it I think. It's definitely possible to have confusing, unresolved, and mysterious things while still creating enough solid ground for the viewer to stand on. The end of season 2 did this. I feel like season 3 did not.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Bowie told him where to find Judy tho. And.. eh fuckit.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

There was a moment where Cooper was guiding Laura's hand that I blurted out "Coop is the Fireman!" and I thought had all this figured out. Boy was I wrong! Coop could still be the fireman, or at least playing a similar role and in the process of becoming one, but man I don't have anything figured out.

On the topic of the who is the dreamer? Before Twin Peaks this type of phrase was often used in reference to Descarte.
I think, therefore I exist,
I doubt, therefore I am not perfect
That I am not perfect implies the existence of something that is perfect upon which I depend – i.e., God

The wording in Lynch's Monica dream is nearly identical. It doesn't necessarily mean a literal dreamer, and could be more a reference to a creator or source of origin.

el oso posted:

I think it's been posted in here already but Coop in E18 is definitely a mix of good & evil Dale.
Just another example of how insane his performance is. He needs an Emmy.

No Mods No Masters posted:

Honestly, the fireman's whole good guy shtick is extremely suspect at this point. At best he's just Judy's unwitting other half, aiding in the infinite garmonbozia cycle through "opposition" to it.
Fighting evil is not the moral equivalent to evil itself.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I was hoping we'd find out what happened to goddamn Chet Desmond. Maybe see Chris Isaak next to teapot Phillip Jefferies or something?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Origami Dali posted:

At the very beginning of 17, Gordon Cole says that Cooper and Briggs told him about an extreme negative force called in olden times "Jowday", which became "Judy".

Philip Jeffries told Cooper that Judy was someone he had already met.

Cooper met Sarah Palmer (who has the mother inside of her).

So I extrapolated from that that Judy = Sarah Palmer/mother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

I like that nobody apparently gave Mr. C coordinates to what he was actually looking for. The other set was a trap on top of that rock and then the one's from Briggs seem to have just lured him to the Fireman to put him on the track to get punched straight to hell by Freddie.