Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
guess we'll just have to make due with a prettier game at 60 FPS and a control scheme that isn't a filthy abomination before God. Also no subscription fee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Also the "PS4 Exclusive Content" trailer for Lake Of Shadows shows no enemies except Taken, so I'm lead to believe the exclusive strike is loaded with nothing but the most obnoxious enemies from the first game.

That warp/teleport "haha your magnetic bullets didn't hit me" poo poo would have been clowned on by mouse users anyhow.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Craptacular! posted:

I had a...ugly...once...I really unloaded on the guy...it wasn't very special. It was just more...to shoot at, and more...to...ghost on...

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Oh my gently caress

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

tap my mountain posted:

The PS4 exclusive strike was pretty unique since it had that trio of bosses, but that just meant it was the hardest/worst strike.

That "trio of bosses" was just another huge HP pool sink before Bungie learned how to design strike bosses that aren't stupid.

The PS4 exclusive content in D1 was a wet fart that was designed to be easy to crank out and not something you'd die if you missed. I expect the same for D2 and so no big deal.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

eonwe posted:

im playing quake champions

Cool? How does that relate to this game in any way to warrant a post about it?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

1stGear posted:

guess we'll just have to make due with a prettier game at 60 FPS and a control scheme that isn't a filthy abomination before God. Also no subscription fee.

praise be the master controller (m+kb)

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

1stGear posted:

What do you mean 60? The frame rate is basically uncapped on PC. I think the max is something like 200fps which is plenty for a game like this.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Hamelekim posted:

What do you mean 60? The frame rate is basically uncapped on PC. I think the max is something like 200fps which is plenty for a game like this.

Most people's monitors won't go over 60. Yes, some people (like me) have monitors that go higher, but its odd of you to be like "what do you mean, 60?!?"

If you're rendering 200fps on a 60Hz monitor you're only seeing 60 frames.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Adregan posted:

Dumb or not some players need more help than others. I don't know why some of you jumped on him when he gave an example of a problem area he was having trouble with. I have raided so many times with different "Krew" members and even LFG people and there are plenty of people out there that had trouble with jumping parts. I'm sure if he gave the example of the having trouble in the "phallus pleasure palace" room you guys wouldn't have batted an eye.

I'm glad he made it through and learned to time his jumps better. I'm all saying is that some players need more help than others. Instead of calling them dumb and moving on, help them. Guide them. In the future they could that asset fireteam member you always needed.

Lol

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Zaphod42 posted:

Most people's monitors won't go over 60. Yes, some people (like me) have monitors that go higher, but its odd of you to be like "what do you mean, 60?!?"

you still get less display lag if you're rendering faster than your display refresh rate, which feels noticeably nicer. same idea behind gsync.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Zaphod42 posted:

You said it was 60 and it isn't. Whether or not most or all people on PC would experience only 60fps doesn't matter. What matter is whether or not they have a meaningful upper limit, and they don't.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
i just hope i can play this game at 60 frames per minute

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

OctaMurk posted:

https://youtu.be/9lgLfSj4-oA

Digital Foundry did a vid on what kind of CPU/GPU is necessary to hit 1080p/60. The tl;dr is a Pentium G4560 and a GTX 1050 will get you to 60fps on mid-settings. Even an old 750ti manages to get a somewhat stable 60fps with resolution scaling

sadnessboner fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Sep 4, 2017

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
even a console can do 60 frames per minute in destiny 2 though, so it's not a high bar

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Spanish Manlove posted:

i dont care what you think i should post about, namaste

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im going to enjoy this game, one day, when it comes out

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
If you're not locking your frames in at 69fps with lots of tearing then gtfo

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

If you're not locking your frames in at 69fps with lots of tearing then gtfo

i have a 420hz monitor

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

what is fps to you, who have slain gods in the black gardens?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Zo posted:

you still get less display lag if you're rendering faster than your display refresh rate, which feels noticeably nicer. same idea behind gsync.

Lmao that is not remotely how gsync works

And not really

Hamelekim posted:

You said it was 60 and it isn't. Whether or not most or all people on PC would experience only 60fps doesn't matter. What matter is whether or not they have a meaningful upper limit, and they don't.

I didn't say poo poo bro, the guy you replied to said it (1stGear) keep your poo poo straight. I'm just pointing out that you're being an odd stickler over words for no loving reason.

1stGear didn't even say "destiny 2 is locked at 60" which is what you're interpreting it as for some stupid loving reason, just so you can pretend to dunk on him and seem smart?

Obviously in context he was talking about on a 60hz monitor. Its obvious to anybody not trying to show off.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Sep 4, 2017

Orv
May 4, 2011
I changed my mind, the weird atavistic console wars people should post more.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Zaphod42 posted:

Lmao that is not remotely how gsync works

And not really

yeah lol you have no idea what you're talking about then

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Zo posted:

yeah lol you have no idea what you're talking about then

gsync reverses the direction of order. Normally your computer pushes frames at one rate and your monitor accepts them and displays them at another, and any sync problems causes tearing, and vsync requires limiting the computer to the rate of the monitor.

Gsync (and freesync) reverses this so the computer buffers frames and supplies them and the monitor runs at the rate it accepts frames at, constantly changing its frame rate to match, so there's never any sync issues at all in the first place, regardless of frame rate.

Gsync has nothing to do with rendering faster than your monitor displays. Its about keeping them in lock-step.

If you're at 40 fps on a 60 fps monitor with no vsync you get 40 fps with tearing.
If you're at 40 fps on a 60 fps monitor with vysnc you display 30 fps with no tearing.
If you're at 40 fps on a monitor with gsync you see 40 fps with no tearing.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Sep 4, 2017

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Spanish Manlove posted:

i'd read eonwe's daily blog sooner than i'd read another 50 days of console/pc dickwaving about destiny 2, really. hell, eonwe's name is even in the thread title.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Zo and Zaphod are my two favorite Always Salty Posters so seeing them Grump Out on each other is like watching a movie where godzilla and king Kong gently caress

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i like you all

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

eonwe posted:

i like you all

You too buddy

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

zaphod youd probably get better results with some gold plated cables so all the bits get through to the monitor

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

OctaMurk posted:

I have a laptop with a GTX 980m and had a steady 80fps on high. The game runs stupidly well on a PC.

Maxy Boy
Sep 7, 2008
I just preordered this and I've never played Destiny 1. I meet the minimum specs and I loved Borderlands. What am I in for thread??

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Maxy Boy posted:

I just preordered this and I've never played Destiny 1. I meet the minimum specs and I loved Borderlands. What am I in for thread??

Much better shooting than Borderlands and much much much better enemies and bosses.

Not quite as much gun randomness. Same gun brand concept.

Character classes are less diverse but have more abilities and are more fun. Lots of double jumping.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Maxy Boy posted:

Buying Poptarts and Rockstar energy drink will help you proceed in the game, because 2017 is really goddamn stupid

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Maxy Boy posted:

getting dunked on in pvp by auto aim, forever

also a fun coop mode but whatever

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Buying Poptarts and Rockstar energy drink will help you proceed in the game, because 2017 is really goddamn stupid

lmao

halo's been pulling that poo poo for yeaaaars though with mountain dew and doritos

Maxy Boy
Sep 7, 2008
That sounds dope. Just realised the PC release date is like 2 months after the console one.
Oh well, gives me plenty of time to learn what the gently caress this game is & to catch up to the thread

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

sadnessboner posted:

https://youtu.be/9lgLfSj4-oA

Digital Foundry did a vid on what kind of CPU/GPU is necessary to hit 1080p/60. The tl;dr is a Pentium G4560 and a GTX 1050 will get you to 60fps on mid-settings. Even an old 750ti manages to get a somewhat stable 60fps with resolution scaling

I have a 6500K and GTX970 and game was a silky smooth 60fps at 1080p with everything in high (default settings is 'custom' which seems to be a middle point between mid and high from what I saw in the beta).

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I pulled a constant 60 on high @ 1080p running an i5-6600k and a GTX 1060. FWIW I'm overclocking my CPU though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

And Tyler Too! posted:

I pulled a constant 69 on high @ 1488p running an i5>9000 and a GTX 420. FWIW I'm overclocking my CPU though.

• Locked thread