Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Current status: at thrift store with 14. We're going to sort out his rack and panniers then box the bike up. He just canned himself with the bike rack. I'm rolling here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

MrYenko posted:

Charge his phone, too.

Bonus points if you meet him with a can of silver spray paint.

chrome cake frosting for best effect plz make it happen

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:

Prepping for box. New front pads! Dave didn't lie about the farts.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Did somebody take his cat then?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Rhyno posted:

Did somebody take his cat then?

Cat goes in the box, pay attention!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

strangehamster posted:

Cat goes in the box, pay attention!

I thought bike went in box???

Do we need to buy a kitty carrier for Rosie?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
can you fedex pets? is it psycho? i know a place. maybe..:ohdear:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

HandlingByJebus Thanks for all the updates and work keeping things on track. Lets get this man on a bus and continue the adventure

If you need any help with funds please let me know, I owe you for the CSL brakes.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

HandlingByJebus posted:

Prepping for box. New front pads! Dave didn't lie about the farts.
He lives!
HbJ, you're good people. Just like last time, I'm good for a few bucks to move Dave along.

SWEDISH FISH!

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

Inch Bike:

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

God I love this thread.

e: and the people in it, i guess too

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Now that is a compact box.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Dick bike in a box is go.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Get in the goddamn robot on the goddamn bus Shinji Dave!

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Godspeed, crazyman. :patriot:

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Yessssssss

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

shortspecialbus posted:

It feels weird to be this emotionally invested in a dude I've never met and a truck that belongs to someone else that I've also never met.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

14" is on the bus, and it is rolling. Repeat: 14" on the move, en route to Nebraska. Tac teams ready! Do not open fire until I say the word. Repeat: not authorized for deadly force at this time.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Payload is en route.

Target will never know what hit it.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

Message from Dave:

DICK DICER posted:

Pls alert thread thank you whoever put 30 on, mobile data seems to not work(if/yet/whoknows). Bus has working strong wifi, clean seats, near empty, working outlets. List of things packed into freight cargo: all wall chargers, spare cables, headphones, food or snack items, unread copy of Neuromancer. Luckily i have a fully charged brand new Anker Powercore 20100 mAh portable battery i left my only cable on hand for at the bus depot. Also the bus blocks SA.

Whoops. At least we made sure he had the 20Ah (not a typo) power brick charged...

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Well, good thing I bought that thing for him.

Also I call BS. No Greyhound bus is that nice. :mad:

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

where is rosie? we need thsi:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
On the bus? Okay :D

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I ask that mod rule that was rightly put in place gets rethought if Dave gets on the bus.

I'd like to help in some way now. Dunno how but I'd like to.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

If anyone wants to help, trying to get Dave the supplies he needs for the ride from North Platte to Valentine would be the best.

If we can locate an Amazon locker in North Platte, things can be sent there. Maybe Jeebus can provide a more detailed list, but from when I last spoke with him, he still needed:

Tires
Water bottles/ canteens
Tent/shelter supplies
Travel food

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

ExplodingSims posted:

Also I call BS. No Greyhound bus is that nice. :mad:

They have a sub-fleet of beautiful new equipment they put on routes where any sort of significant local competition seems to be sprouting up or they know a DOT spot-check is impending, and sometimes they get used on other routes to cover for downed equipment where it would be extremely inefficient to bring another junker in.

Anuvin
Jan 10, 2008
Death to the False Emperor!
Peter Watts publishes some pretty good stuff on his site if you are in the mood for sci-fi : http://www.rifters.com/real/Blindsight.htm#Prologue

This community writing project has some interesting stuff, sort of like Cabin in the Woods in wiki format. http://www.scp-wiki.net/

Project Gutenburg has mostly older books, but it does have 54000 of them, available for download and offline reading. These titles on camping may be of some interest. https://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Camping

I hope 14 finds a way to see this before the info is useless to him.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

ExplodingSims posted:

If anyone wants to help, trying to get Dave the supplies he needs for the ride from North Platte to Valentine would be the best.

If we can locate an Amazon locker in North Platte, things can be sent there. Maybe Jeebus can provide a more detailed list, but from when I last spoke with him, he still needed:

Tires
Water bottles/ canteens
Tent/shelter supplies
Travel food

There is not a locker in North Platte. Probably too late to send general delivery unless people use priority mail.

I thought he had a tent?

wildemere
Nov 19, 2013
Those tires look fine for a few more miles but some slime, spare tubes and maybe some CO2 inflation cylinders would be useful.
Maybe one spare fold-able tire.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

What's 14's ETA in N Platte, and what is the Rosie status, HBJ?

guess it's time to fire up the hot sauce cannery :black101:

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

According to Greyhound, he should be in Platte by Wednesday or so.
Weather or not his luggage shows up too is another story. :v:

nm posted:

There is not a locker in North Platte. Probably too late to send general delivery unless people use priority mail.

I thought he had a tent?

I'm not sure if he had one or now. He said he didn't have one when I asked him how his supplies were.

Also, disappointing that there's no locker there. I guess maybe a cash donation is the best option now?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
There is a bike shop in North Platte, so sending money might be a better way.

Also, need to clarify if he needs tires, tubes, or both. (You also needs sizes, etc, which is why this may be better bought by him). I would suspect he'd be fine with a few tubes, some patches, and a tire boot. The distance isn't that far.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

This is what he said he wanted:

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...JbTnKlAedmfBdwA

700x32C sized

But yeah, anything he needs at this point he'll have to pick up in Platte. There's nothing of substance in between there and Valentine.

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet
I'm sure this has been thought of, but could we just find a mom and pop bike shop/camping shop in North Platte and buy whatever he needs and put it on layaway for him?

Get him the supplies, have a shop take care of him, but I would avoid cash, even if he's gone as far as getting on the bus.

As sad as it is to say, this could be a good time for Dave, but the ghosts of temptation are still present I'm sure.

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

There's a Super 8 right by the bus station with smoking rooms, free breakfast, and wi-fi. I'd be willing to set up a night there if it'd help.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

There is a Wal-Mart in town there too, if things could be shipped for pickup there.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

Yes, please don't send cash yet.

Rosie is not with Dave. :( he said someone agreed to take care of her. He seemed pretty torn up about it yesterday, which I totally get :( I didn't mention her today.

He has a hammock but not a tent. I suspect that warm layers, and maybe rain gear, are going to be increasingly important. Bike needs tires, he told me too late that they were too expensive - it is in really good shape but could use new rear pads too. Cigarettes and food are definitely going to help.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited
I'm not sure if the North Platte office supports this (I think it does, should call Tuesday to check), but most USPS locations support the "hold for pickup" or "general delivery" option. It's only three miles from the Greyhound station and he can pick things up from there with just an ID. Burying the post office there in boxes is no good (he still has to get to Valentine), but we could probably at least get some basic essentials waiting there for him.

Cassius Belli fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Sep 4, 2017

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Awooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

That's pretty loving shiny, do you later get to assemble your bike in pitch darkness by the side of the road?

• Locked thread