Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tom Perez B/K/M?
This poll is closed.
B 77 25.50%
K 160 52.98%
M 65 21.52%
Total: 229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

joepinetree posted:

I don't think it's even so much her. But do you think Daou, Mook, Blumenthal would ever get a job or anywhere close to a position of power or influence if Clinton got away from politics entirely? The people punching left the hardest are the same people who would instantly be out of jobs if the party moved left.

This does explain a lot.

I wonder if Hillaristas self-segregating into their own safe space will make it easier for the rest of us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Inescapable Duck posted:

I wonder if Hillaristas self-segregating into their own safe space will make it easier for the rest of us.
Maybe, but I think nursing homes usually help their residents vote.

William Contraalto
Aug 23, 2017

by Smythe

Sneakster posted:

The liberals are against people who are against fascists while the old guard is dying off. I think we're at the start of a political Earthquake.

You're right. Lies, all of it. I'm a 6`4 rock jawed man of men, heterosexual men don't get uncomfortably hostile with me due to some confused gay panic sentiment making places like mens shelters explicitly more dangerous, women have no right to refuse my wants, lesbians should be coerced into sleeping with me via in an environment that stigmatizes them for not considering me as a sexual partner appropriate for their organizing (especially teenagers at university meeting potential partners for the first time, those trans phobic bigots really need to know what their missing out on), and any diversion from gender norms I have give me a right to assert that women have no right to refuse my demands.

That, or what I said was uncomfortably honest, and you're an rear end in a top hat with no morals.

If it is uncomfortably honest, you have a disgustingly fetishistic understanding of transness. But it isn't. I mean look at you. Obsessing over sex with TERFs. You're gonna have to get up a lot earlier in the morning to pull off this kind of charade, bucko.

UR MR GAY
Oct 26, 2007

Sneakster posted:

You're right. Lies, all of it. I'm a 6`4 rock jawed man of men, heterosexual men don't get uncomfortably hostile with me due to some confused gay panic sentiment making places like mens shelters explicitly more dangerous, women have no right to refuse my wants, lesbians should be coerced into sleeping with me via in an environment that stigmatizes them for not considering me as a sexual partner appropriate for their organizing (especially teenagers at university meeting potential partners for the first time, those trans phobic bigots really need to know what their missing out on), and any diversion from gender norms I have give me a right to assert that women have no right to refuse my demands.

So okay, I see some hardcore projection and self-loathing. Which is okay, I understand. Really!

I transitioned five years ago or so, and between my genetics and my access to resources (namely money, but supportive family, excellent university support), I got really lucky and passed flawlessly after five months. Not all transwoman fit the mold your trying to construct or imagine (who you are and would be), so you really should just consider stepping back and shutting the gently caress up.

But as I said, I really do understand. On the super rare occasions that I discuss my status with people I'm close to IRL, I have a natural incliniation to counter-signal ("I'm don't really care for the... LGBT movement. I'm not like those people!"). Now, note that said inclination, I don't actually do it because I am not a petulant child and such behavior only shines back really unfavorably. If you want, private message me and I can suggest some resources regarding transition stuff. The TMT here is full of loving weirdos and I would not suggest it.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

wtf is this bullshit

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich

William Contraalto posted:

If it is uncomfortably honest, you have a disgustingly fetishistic understanding of transness. But it isn't. I mean look at you. Obsessing over sex with TERFs. You're gonna have to get up a lot earlier in the morning to pull off this kind of charade, bucko.
Women not wanting what they consider male attention or intrusion into their space is a basic right, and lesbians not attracted to trans women aren't radical or bigots. You're either so self absorbed you delusion is your only response to criticism or you're just irredeemable shameless human filth.

UR MR GAY posted:

So okay, I see some hardcore projection and self-loathing. Which is okay, I understand. Really!
Don't worry, its profound narcissism, not self-loathing.

UR MR GAY posted:

But as I said, I really do understand. On the super rare occasions that I discuss my status with people I'm close to IRL, I have a natural incliniation to counter-signal ("I'm don't really care for the... LGBT movement. I'm not like those people!"). Now, note that said inclination, I don't actually do it because I am not a petulant child and such behavior only shines back really unfavorably. If you want, private message me and I can suggest some resources regarding transition stuff. The TMT here is full of loving weirdos and I would not suggest it.
Appreciate the advice and sentiment, but don't have PM, (and not interested in surgery), open to talking if you have suggestions for some other means. I support establishing a social environment that doesn't stigmatize people for not conforming to gender norms, but the complications for women's rights make me uncomfortable and uncertain with how a legal framework could be designed to enforce that. I have every personal reason to support it, but I can't in good conscious say its the right thing to do, and I'm not willing to support dismantling women's rights.

Condiv posted:

wtf is this bullshit
Not sure. Got a a little weird there, anyway...

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Sneakster posted:

Not sure. Got a a little weird there, anyway...

and yet this post is full of the same bullshit?

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Condiv posted:

and yet this post is full of the same bullshit?
Meant that in a a moving on kind of way if you don't want that discussion in the thread.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Condiv posted:

wtf is this bullshit

someone trying very carefully to be as pc as possible about their transphobia

anyway, missed detail in Gab.Ai For Hillary Stans' launch; Peter "I Served In A Fascist Militia In Lebanon" Daou will be doing a podcast as a part of it

this may circle all the way around from hopelessly tone-deaf to hilariously tone-deaf, so fingers crossed on that one

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Sneakster posted:

Meant that in a a moving on kind of way if you don't want that discussion in the thread.

i would very much like that you don't talk about transgender people like that in this thread. how about gbs or something?

UR MR GAY
Oct 26, 2007

Sneakster posted:

Women not wanting what they consider male attention or intrusion into their space is a basic right, and lesbians not attracted to trans women aren't radical or bigots. You're either so self absorbed you delusion is your only response to criticism or you're just irredeemable shameless human filth.

Don't worry, its profound narcissism, not self-loathing.

Appreciate the advice and sentiment, but don't have PM, (and not interested in surgery), open to talking if you have suggestions for some other means. I support establishing a social environment that doesn't stigmatize people for not conforming to gender norms, but the complications for women's rights make me uncomfortable and uncertain with how a legal framework could be designed to enforce that. I have every personal reason to support it, but I can't in good conscious say its the right thing to do, and I'm not willing to support dismantling women's rights.

I'm not going to bother addressing your political points individually. Your framework is too narrow and your relationship with this subject is too personal - It would be a waste of both our times. You're entire mode of thinking is wrapped and bound to the false dichotomies that serve to define the current Zeitgeist. This the same Zeitgest that positions heterosexual rights against homosexual rights, white rights against minority rights, trans(men/women) rights against cis(women/men) rights. It's the same game that 95% of the idiots in this forum full waste their time playing, and it accomplishes nothing other than feeding their own self-righteousness delusions.

If you want to talk. My junk email is: ~gone~. Message me there and I'll give you my skype.

UR MR GAY fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Sep 4, 2017

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Whats with the weirdos in this thread today,

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
The cool kids were probated.

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Ze Pollack posted:

someone trying very carefully to be as pc as possible about their transphobia

Condiv posted:

i would very much like that you don't talk about transgender people like that in this thread. how about gbs or something?
Eh, GBS is a shitposting sewer and I'm not interested in demonizing trans people. I can drop it if you want, but it's not "talking about", I identify as transgender*, that doesn't inherently validate my argument, but I'm sure its very easy for people who's rights aren't threatened to assert complete certainty that the loss of someone else's legal agency is a cost they're willing to pay.

*I'm a coward and willing to conform to social norms.

UR MR GAY posted:

If you want to talk. My junk email is: redacted
Yeah, I'll shoot you an email in a moment, I've been wanting to talk to someone about this stuff that actually has a stake in it since I'm extremely uncomfortable with the morality and I don't think liberal orthodoxy properly addresses it.

Edit: sent.

Mister Facetious posted:

The cool kids were probated.
Gotta admit, JC made for a compelling clear cut villain.

Sneakster fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Sep 4, 2017

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Too bad it was the same loving argument with him, over and over again.
Even cartoon villains try something different each week.

William Contraalto
Aug 23, 2017

by Smythe

Sneakster posted:

The idea that trans women are salivating rapists (except you, apparently, you shining star you) is so incredibly disgusting it moves into laughable territory before remembering that people who believe this exist and encourage violence against trans people, especially children. So, uh, go gently caress yourself.

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Mister Facetious posted:

Too bad it was the same loving argument with him, over and over again.
Even cartoon villains try something different each week.
Mostly Rita Repulsa, but occasionally would step up to Zed-Introduction and cross conceivable moral horizon, before slinking back into slap stick.

The idea that trans women are salivating rapists (except you, apparently, you shining star you) is so incredibly disgusting it moves into laughable territory before remembering that people who believe this exist and encourage violence against trans people, especially children. So, uh, go gently caress yourself.
It doesn't matter how much I identify with being female or how well I pass, or even that that heterosexual women are practically inappropriate partners: stigmatizing cis lesbians for not wanting trans women in their space is coercion. Asserting I have a right to intrude in an environment that would pressure them into considering me a partner is tad too close to corrective rape for my tastes.

William Contraalto
Aug 23, 2017

by Smythe

Sneakster posted:

It doesn't matter how much I identify with being female or how well I pass, or even that that heterosexual women are practically inappropriate partners: stigmatizing cis lesbians for not wanting trans women in their space is coercion. Asserting I have a right to intrude in an environment that would pressure them into considering me a partner is tad too close to corrective rape for my tastes.

My dude, people can tell you're lying when you do it this poorly. If you were completely honest instead of ineptly saying "trans women are actually men", the vast majority of people in this thread would still allow you to belch propaganda without one peep of objection.

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich

My dude, people can tell you're lying when you do it this poorly. If you were completely honest instead of ineptly saying "trans women are actually men", the vast majority of people in this thread would still allow you to belch propaganda without one peep of objection.
Sex and gender aren't the same thing. People born with female biology have a right to association, which includes the right to exclude people born with male biology. They have the right to voluntary association of course, but you have no right to tell gay people they have no right to fraternize among themselves, even if just the right kind of penis would cure their trans phobia.

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Sneakster posted:

Sex and gender aren't the same thing. People born with female biology have a right to association, which includes the right to exclude people born with male biology. They have the right to voluntary association of course, but you have no right to tell gay people they have no right to fraternize among themselves, even if just the right kind of penis would cure their trans phobia.

So... why is that ok, but skin color biology is wrong? What is meaningfully different between the two?

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Is this some kind of liberal autism where the very concept of discrimination is somehow incomprehensible except in the most exaggerated and absolute sense and thus ends up being accused of being racism no matter how utterly incoherent the comparison is?

Bel Shazar posted:

So... why is that ok, but skin color biology is wrong? What is meaningfully different between the two?
Gay people exist, and coercion and corrective rape/therapy isn't acceptable. Being attracted to the same biological sex is not racism you loving maniac. Cosmetic surgery and hormones cannot change biological sex, even if they help facilitate presenting being accepted socially.

I am literally the best case scenario and the very loving essence in terms of basic physical safety of the argument for trans women having a right to women's spaces. That doesn't give me the right to assert biologically female women don't have the right to reject me, morally or legally.

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Sneakster posted:

Is this some kind of liberal autism where the very concept of discrimination is somehow incomprehensible except in the most exaggerated and absolute sense and thus ends up being accused of being racism no matter how utterly incoherent the comparison is?

Gay people exist, and coercion and corrective rape/therapy isn't acceptable. Being attracted to the same biological sex is not racism you loving maniac. Cosmetic surgery and hormones cannot change biological sex, even if they help facilitate presenting being accepted socially.

I am literally the best case scenario and the very loving essence in terms of basic physical safety of the argument for trans women having a right to women's spaces. That doesn't give me the right to assert biologically female women don't have the right to reject me, morally or legally.

I feel like we're not talking about the same things. So, I'm going to completely agree that gay people exist, coercion is wrong, and corrective rape is wrong. Now, that all being said, why is it ok for people to segregate in bathrooms by biological sex but not biological skin color?

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Bel Shazar posted:

Now, that all being said, why is it ok for people to segregate in bathrooms by biological sex but not biological skin color?
In practice, the time saved by urinals. Now why are you comparing sexually compatible people with different skin colors with dismantling women's right to association?

Biological men are still more violent than biological women by an extraordinary margin, and biological women have the right to their own spaces. The bathroom bills stuff is mainly anti trans hysteria, but biological women still have the moral right to association.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

I thought you said you were going to stop?

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Condiv posted:

Sorry, was responding to people and assumed the lack of censure was indifference.

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Sneakster posted:

In practice, the time saved by urinals. Now why are you comparing sexually compatible people with different skin colors with dismantling women's right to association?

Biological men are still more violent than biological women by an extraordinary margin, and biological women have the right to their own spaces. The bathroom bills stuff is mainly anti trans hysteria, but biological women still have the moral right to association.

Heh, so the urinal argument makes sense, though I'm not sure you would HAVE to exclude women just because there are urinals there. If a woman wants to use the men's room I don't know that I care. Maybe just identify the type of facility and let people self-select.

I'm definitely not arguing against a right to association. Freedom to exclude is a wholly other thing. I think bathrooms should be single stall, but that's not what we have right now. Since we're forced to deal with gendered bathrooms, I want to at least entertain the violence argument you made, but I can't find a thing about a higher prevalence of violence against women by transwomen, but I find volumes about violence against transwomen by men. So even if I take your argument at face value, it seems that there is a greater risk of violence by excluding transwomen from the ladies room.

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Condiv posted:

I mean, I *did* ask.

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Bel Shazar posted:

I mean, I *did* ask.
Just gonna respond to this last one unless condiv supports it further. I think to some degree this is the appropriate place for this since fundamentally this thread is about the schism with liberals and the left, not just Trump , and issues with women's and trans rights and their conflict with the liberal orthodoxy is appropriate to the discussion and going to get better arguments here than telling it to sit in the corner if it interrupts the circle jerk like the Trump thread.

Bel Shazar posted:

Heh, so the urinal argument makes sense, though I'm not sure you would HAVE to exclude women just because there are urinals there. If a woman wants to use the men's room I don't know that I care. Maybe just identify the type of facility and let people self-select.

I'm definitely not arguing against a right to association. Freedom to exclude is a wholly other thing. I think bathrooms should be single stall, but that's not what we have right now. Since we're forced to deal with gendered bathrooms, I want to at least entertain the violence argument you made, but I can't find a thing about a higher prevalence of violence against women by transwomen, but I find volumes about violence against transwomen by men. So even if I take your argument at face value, it seems that there is a greater risk of violence by excluding transwomen from the ladies room.

1: Freedom of association is the right to exclude, otherwise minorities would have literally no right to fraternize/organize. Women are subjugated by men physically and socially, discrimination isn't the liberal orthodoxy, but I'm going to side with women's rights over liberalism even if feminism is sexism which is racism if you torture the logic into complete inanity. Bathrooms are a red herring for a much broader issue that includes women's shelters, rape crises counselors, and various situations that are largely about women's right to women only spaces that rely on their right to exclude men, including biologically male trans women, ie to associate among themselves. In every way, especially my own physical safety, a women's shelter would be far more appropriate, that still doesn't give me the right to tell biologically female women they shouldn't have the right to exclude me.

2: Men are more violent than women, to the extent that pretty much almost all murders are committed by them. Biological women have every moral right to exclude biological men for their physical safety, even if they don't identify as men, and its disingenuous to reduce the issue to bathroom bills.

3: Lesbians are a small part of the population, this isn't a minor thing, and making it illegal for them to fraternize without biological males intruding on their space while stigmatizing not wanting to have sex with a penis as trans phobia is pretty much tantamount to endorsing corrective rape, and publicly supporting the brutalization of women not wanting to have sex with a penis isn't going to make it any better no matter how you shove your rear end up your rear end to pull out the jargon needed to justify pressuring them into liking dick. I'm sure heterosexual biological males are certain that rejecting them is a monstrous crime that needs to be corrected in just the right way, but I'm going to err on the side of letting biological women make that decision rather than asserting corrective rape is the answer as long you just use the right pressure.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The genius who came up with the Verritis seven digit authentication system should get an award. Imagine the wonders it will do for the discourse!
A: "39283721?"
B: "98615312!!!"
A: "Oh, 98615312? 98615312!"

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

yronic heroism posted:

What will this thread's spin be if they manage to flip the House?
I'll be glad that they stemmed the bleeding and anxious that they're doing nothing to address what got Trump elected in the first place.

It's not a secret that Republicans are awful, and it is possible to win off the back of that fact. This is pretty much what happened in 2006, and the Dems were a horror show of a political party then, as well. But I'm not really eager to repeat "GOP reminds everyone how awful they are, Democrats win by default," then wait a few years to start again, ad nauseam.

How about this: based on what the Democratic establishment has been up to since Trump was elected, what do you think they're actually going to do, should they win the House and (being generous here) the Senate in 2018? Keep it to stuff that hasn't got anything directly to do with Trump.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

yronic heroism posted:

Dems now polling 10 points ahead of Republicans on congressional ballot.

Well maybe the other guy will gently caress up so badly that we win by default, and that'll show you all!
:goonsay:

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
What the gently caress is wrong with you people :stare:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Cerebral Bore posted:

Well maybe the other guy will gently caress up so badly that we win by default, and that'll show you all!
:goonsay:

It worked for Trump.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

yronic heroism posted:

:cawg:

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/Impeach_D_Trump/status/904485015546933248

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Is Hillary really that transparently greedy and ambitious that she'd gently caress over the party's chances and also millions upon millions of people's safety and wellbeing just to get that sweet, sweet oval office she "deserves"?

Apparently so.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

yronic heroism posted:

yeah until an actual election happens

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Shukaro posted:

Is Hillary really that transparently greedy and ambitious that she'd gently caress over the party's chances and also millions upon millions of people's safety and wellbeing just to get that sweet, sweet oval office she "deserves"?

Apparently so.

This is why Trump won :rolleyes:

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Sneakster posted:

2: Men are more violent than women, to the extent that pretty much almost all murders are committed by them. Biological women have every moral right to exclude biological men for their physical safety, even if they don't identify as men, and its disingenuous to reduce the issue to bathroom bills.

Do you know of any credible stats on the rates of violence (especially domestic) by transwomen, and how that compares with straight cismen and lesbian ciswomen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Contraalto
Aug 23, 2017

by Smythe

Sneakster posted:

Dude, you should probably get help for your constant fantasizing about rape and your insistence that you are inherently, uncontrollably violent. The first step is admitting you have a problem.

Anyways, trans women aren't "biologically male" unless we believe in a Cartesian dualism which makes "biologically male" irrelevant.

• Locked thread