Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Buxton appears to be coming around. He's been great the last few weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

:love: Rhys :love:

Looks like the Gary Sanchez of 2017, the August callup who carries your team through the fantasy playoffs

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Byron Buxton cool and good.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Giolito shut down the Tigers today. 7IP 0ER 3H 3BB 4K. Hmmmm

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I wonder if Rhys is still on the ww?

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
I have so many great potential keepers but I can only keep 4. Gallo should hit 40 HRs as a 23 year old and I'll have to drop him.

Harper
Correa
Bellinger
G Sanchez
Gallo
Bregman
Buxton
Merrifeld

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Holy poo poo Buxton

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Schweinhund posted:

I have so many great potential keepers but I can only keep 4. Gallo should hit 40 HRs as a 23 year old and I'll have to drop him.

Harper
Correa
Bellinger
G Sanchez
Gallo
Bregman
Buxton
Merrifeld

Wow, that's something. Who are you going to keep?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Wow, that's something. Who are you going to keep?

I vote for the first four.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

harper, correa, bellinger, buxton

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

I vote for the first four.

Yep. I just have to decide if I want to try to package some up and make a trade to upgrade Sanchez or Bellinger. But a lot of the good keepers are on teams like mine with 4+ good keepers so the only real targets are Arenado, Betts, & Altuve. Altuve would be an upgrade but he's turning 28 and he cost $20 more so I have to think about it.

I don't trust Buxton yet but we'll see how he does. And I think he might only listed for like $10 next year so the way my league goes he'd probably be drafted for like $25 and I can keep him for $11 so it's not saving a ton of money to keep him. And Sanchez is really valuable in my league since it's only 9 offensive positions, so having a great player at C is really valuable.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Schweinhund posted:

Yep. I just have to decide if I want to try to package some up and make a trade to upgrade Sanchez or Bellinger. But a lot of the good keepers are on teams like mine with 4+ good keepers so the only real targets are Arenado, Betts, & Altuve. Altuve would be an upgrade but he's turning 28 and he cost $20 more so I have to think about it.

Unless you can get Posey, I would argue that you're not really going to upgrade at C over Sanchez.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

oh god I just actually looked at my possible keepers and I have like 16 (out of ten) I want to keep

there's a guy looking to "get younger" so maybe I can swing a two or three for one with him

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I think I'll be keeping Didi over Xander next season, which is great because I absolutely hate having Red Sox on my team.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

oh god I just actually looked at my possible keepers and I have like 16 (out of ten) I want to keep

there's a guy looking to "get younger" so maybe I can swing a two or three for one with him

:ohdear::hf::ohdear: Samesies. I think I have to wait and see how ADP pans out next year. There's literally 16-17 guys I want to keep also.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

In our auction league I have Sanchez, Judge, Turner and Segura all as inexpensive no-brainer keepers with a couple other dudes to ponder; however, do I keep 2 guys who will only be SS next season and just DH one? I'm leaning yes.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Does anyone know if Trea Turner is playing this week? Seems like he's eligible to return tomorrow and has been rehabbing for a week. But if they're leaving him down for another week I don't want to burn a roster spot.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Buster Posey has a sore thumb so that makes it seven guys injured on my team. :thumbsup:

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

Rand alPaul posted:

Buster Posey has a sore thumb so that makes it seven guys injured on my team. :thumbsup:

Easy, easy, give it time. I'm sure there will be an eighth before the night is over.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

Unless you can get Posey, I would argue that you're not really going to upgrade at C over Sanchez.

Yeah I mean in the off season. I'd like to do something like Sanchez, Gallo & Buxton for Trout. But the guy who has Trout has 3 other really good keepers so he won't want to do that.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Schweinhund posted:

Yeah I mean in the off season. I'd like to do something like Sanchez, Gallo & Buxton for Trout. But the guy who has Trout has 3 other really good keepers so he won't want to do that.

Oh oh oh, for some reason I thought you meant an upgrade at the same position.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Niwrad posted:

Does anyone know if Trea Turner is playing this week? Seems like he's eligible to return tomorrow and has been rehabbing for a week. But if they're leaving him down for another week I don't want to burn a roster spot.

ESPN posted:

Turner (wrist) will return to the Nationals on Tuesday, Jorge Castillo of the Washington Post reports.
Spin: Turner struggled during his rehab assignment, as he went just 2-for-21 over seven games. His performance is less important than how his wrist felt after those games, though, and Turner is apparently feeling good enough to make his way back to the majors. The Nationals will be able to work Turner back slowly, as Wilmer Difo has performed admirably in his absence, but Turner's line drive ability, baserunning and defense are too good to leave on the bench down the stretch. Expect an official roster move to be made sometime Tuesday, as the Nationals will need to clear a 40-man roster spot to get Turner off the 60-day DL

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Johnny Cueto is possibly done for the year according to Rotowire.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Whole lotta rain in the Northeast today. Keep an eye on those games for sure. Here's a good site for tracking baseball weather: https://rotogrinders.com/weather/mlb

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Yanks-Indians rained out already

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

what are fantasy baseball sites going to do with otani next season? create two otanis, one a hitter, the other a pitcher?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Abel Wingnut posted:

what are fantasy baseball sites going to do with otani next season? create two otanis, one a hitter, the other a pitcher?

It's like the Y2K bug of fantasy sites.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Abel Wingnut posted:

Didn't they have to figure it out for a couple of guys this year? Or did they just punt on Bethancourt?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Inspector_666 posted:

Didn't they have to figure it out for a couple of guys this year? Or did they just punt on Bethancourt?

Anthony Gose is currently listed as an OF despite being a sucky pitcher now.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
If they don't make this guy dual eligible, I see little hope for Otani.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX8-Ze-0GR4

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
If some of you guys are wondering who to start in these upcoming crunch weeks I can give you a list of my opponent's players cus they're guaranteed to each hit 5 god drat dingers

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
I've lucked out on health for the most part but it looks like I may be without Harper for the playoffs. I did luck out on nabbing Buxton off FA.

Bryce Harper is "a long ways from running" - Dusty

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Boosh! posted:

I did luck out on nabbing Buxton off FA.

" posted:

Byron Buxton told reporters Thursday that he's dealing with a left hamate bone injury.
Not good. Buxton suffered the hand/wrist injury on a hard swing Wednesday night and he underwent an MRI on Thursday morning, the results of which should be available by the middle of Thursday afternoon's series finale against the White Sox. If it's a broken hamate bone, the rising star will be out at least 4-6 weeks. Zack Granite is playing center field and batting ninth Thursday versus Chicago right-hander Miguel Gonzalez.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Yeah they just talked about that on the radio. Apparently he described it as a "sharp pain" when he first felt it which I guess usually means a break? Basically a season ending injury if true.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
This season can really gently caress off with the DLs.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

why the hell has bogaerts been active since he got hit on the hand? he just came out earlier today to the globe talking about how much it hurts and has hurt since that exact moment. he furthered that, saying he's had to change his whole swing. and if that wasn't enough, he revealed everything's worse now because the pain's spread to his wrist. loving dl him christ.

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Sep 1, 2017

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

also, greg bird. get him

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:siren: Carlos Correa stole a base :siren:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Someone hold me and tell me Chris Archer will be okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Hell yes, won this week and made it into the playoffs with the 5 seed in my biggest money league. Now to make an early exit...

• Locked thread