Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Zochness posted:

I got pulled out of our training department (already got an R-side class) to D-side because my area probably has the best eclipse viewing in the country. Holy poo poo, I've never seen our strip bay that full. It is bonkers right now.

I don't know about other facilities, but this would mean that we are in full-blown panic mode at mine. They don't take people out of the training department on a whim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zochness
May 13, 2009

I AM James Bond.
Pillbug

MrYenko posted:

I don't know about other facilities, but this would mean that we are in full-blown panic mode at mine. They don't take people out of the training department on a whim.

Yeah, we kind of knew this going in to work today. Most of the classroom instructors are retired from my area so they are on the floor right now just as extra eyes. We didn't have any class today because this was going on. I get to go back and work everybody leaving now, yay!

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Shoutout to whoever cleared WN1375 to Zig Zag around the PNW and Northern ID today for eclipse purposes -- it was beautiful. Much appreciated ATC goons. :patriot:

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
This has been absolutely loving insane. We're preparing for the departure push now. It should be better since we can only do one out at a time but holy loving poo poo. I have pics of our esis or whatever board and a break list that we turned into a strip bay but I probably should not post them on the internet.

e: also getting held over for 2 hours on my loving friday :suicide:

e2: this is pure loving chaos. If two of these planes don't or haven't come together it's a loving miracle. We have multiple rolling strip bays full of proposals with overflow laying on a table. There's weather popping up everywhere. I still have to go back. I've been here 8.5 hours so far with well over 7 on position. This is so, so, so stupid.

fknlo fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Aug 21, 2017

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

fknlo posted:

This has been absolutely loving insane. We're preparing for the departure push now. It should be better since we can only do one out at a time but holy loving poo poo. I have pics of our esis or whatever board and a break list that we turned into a strip bay but I probably should not post them on the internet.

e: also getting held over for 2 hours on my loving friday :suicide:

e2: this is pure loving chaos. If two of these planes don't or haven't come together it's a loving miracle. We have multiple rolling strip bays full of proposals with overflow laying on a table. There's weather popping up everywhere. I still have to go back. I've been here 8.5 hours so far with well over 7 on position. This is so, so, so stupid.

I have the mid tonight; I'm assuming I'm going to be working the stragglers headed home all night.

Also, username at gmail for anything worth sharing. We were far enough away from totality that it was just an odd spike of cabin class singles headed northbound.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

MrYenko posted:

I have the mid tonight; I'm assuming I'm going to be working the stragglers headed home all night.

Also, username at gmail for anything worth sharing. We were far enough away from totality that it was just an odd spike of cabin class singles headed northbound.

Sent you the lovely pics I was able to get.

I looked up the 3rd busiest airport in my airspace today, KPCD on flightaware. There were more than 60 arrivals listed between last night and today. There were 7 total arrivals listed the previous week.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Oh you whiners, how bad could it possibly...

https://twitter.com/michetravi/status/899930960178798592

Ooohhhh... okay, then. Holy gently caress!

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

PT6A posted:

Oh you whiners, how bad could it possibly...

https://twitter.com/michetravi/status/899930960178798592

Ooohhhh... okay, then. Holy gently caress!

Every single one of those guys was in the air within 30 minutes of the end and they were all calling at the exact same time over and over and over.

That NOTAM that ZKC had put out for no VFR services within 30 miles of MDH really helped! That was seriously their fix.

Zochness
May 13, 2009

I AM James Bond.
Pillbug
We had a temporary tower and temporary sector set up just for Madras the past four days, apparently they ran it really well and it wasn't too insane. I didn't work that sector yesterday, which sounds like it was unfortunate because the ones I did work were shitshows.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
New mid policy is gonna piss so many people off.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

the culminator posted:

New mid policy is gonna piss so many people off.

What's this?

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
New bathroom policy going to piss people off end post.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
Just got a briefing on it today. Cant do 4 straight hours on position anymore. So if you're a 2 man mid you gotta do 2 and 2.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

the culminator posted:

Just got a briefing on it today. Cant do 4 straight hours on position anymore. So if you're a 2 man mid you gotta do 2 and 2.

Any idea if that's a local or national thing? We do 3 man mids but that's still going to mess up how some crews run them depending on what the official time allowed on position is.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
It came down from national. We do a 3 man rotation too because we need to have a D side but most of the crews like to do 2 hour breaks and that's out the window now.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

https://twitter.com/USDOL/status/900810344746143744?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!

Holy loving WOWWWWW

Imagine a trusted family friend raping your brother to DEATH, defiling the corpse, then taking videos of themselves mushroom stamping the corpse and sharing them with your family/friends. And your family/friends go "oh no way he is the bestest ever!".

That's the Reagans administration's relationship with the labor force, not even considering what happened with the ATC strike.

Tommy 2.0 fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Aug 25, 2017

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Tommy 2.0 posted:

Holy loving WOWWWWW

Imagine a trusted family friend raping your brother to DEATH, defiling the corpse, then taking videos of themselves mushroom stamping the corpse and sharing them with your family/friends. And your family/friends go "oh no way he is the bestest ever!".

That's the Reagans administration's relationship with the labor force, not even considering what happened with the ATC strike.

The alien in that video has a very ill-fitting human suit.

Also, gently caress Reagan and whatever fucker decided this.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Tommy 2.0 posted:

They sent a poet. :allears:

hjp766
Sep 6, 2013
Dinosaur Gum
Long shot. Any LAX goons know why GOMYT meant to be going LAX MAN yesterday is stuck on the ground? I ask as I am bringing the engineers out tomorrow... 330 came in from MAN... Hoping ATC might have heard...

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I've been calling medical for the NW mountain region for a month trying to get a status on my medical. The person they always transfered me to never answered the phone or called me back.
Called today and was accidentally sent to the wrong person, but they answered their phone! Told them I just wanted to check on my medical status and that I've not been called back. She did some looking and it turns out that this person never called me because they don't have my file; it was assigned to someone in the western-pacific region for some reason? Either way, they just never called to tell me that they're not who I'm assigned to, which is a little annoying, but whatever.
I now have to wait for 7-10 business days before Wes-Pac calls me back with my status.
If/when I find out my medical status, and seeing as how my preliminary security is already completed, is there any point in contacting my HR rep, or would that do nothing but annoy her?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
A guy from another area that got picked up after me is also going to ZDV. However, he got a release date that's 2 months earlier than mine. They're apparently going to have to offer me an earlier date because of it? My house hits the market this week, if I sell it and haven't signed some an apartment lease that lasts until my original date I think I'm gonna peace the gently caress out early.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

So, this happened:

What the gently caress, nature?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

MrYenko posted:

So, this happened:

That's different.

And they did have to offer me an earlier release date. Got pushed up almost 2 months. Works for me.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!

MrYenko posted:

So, this happened:

Huh. How bout that.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

So I guess our new logo is timely.

gently caress.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

MrYenko posted:

gently caress.

That's loving awesome. Sucks about the hurricane. :rip:

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

MrYenko posted:

gently caress.

This rules.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
Is it at all surprising that DAL431 and DAL302 successfully flew in and out of Puerto Rico between bands of Hurricane Irma today?

https://twitter.com/AirlineFlyer/status/905472779084025856

https://twitter.com/i/moments/905487561182908416

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL431/history/20170906/1205Z/KJFK/TJSJ
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL302/history/20170906/1705Z/TJSJ/KJFK

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

The planes probably would have been at way more risk on the ground than flying out then.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Did someone at ZTL run out of leave and need the night off?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Our OMs just did the area-shuffle, and our new OM is a known rat-gently caress weasel-person.

Anyone want to transfer here and be area rep? :(

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

MrYenko posted:

Our OMs just did the area-shuffle, and our new OM is a known rat-gently caress weasel-person.

Anyone want to transfer here and be area rep? :(

We're getting ready to do an FLM shuffle. We're losing the guy that counseled me for using 8 days of sick leave last year! Sadly only across the aisle though. Not sure if that's before or after I transfer out.

Another area had a trainee wash out with 0 certifications after something like 3 or 4 years. He got the same Alaska FSS offer as two beer(?)

fknlo fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Oct 8, 2017

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
If you don't have them yet, the automated point outs are loving glorious. We're doing poo poo we probably shouldn't be doing with them like referencing traffic but you gotta run with it until they tell you to stop!

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

My body is ready.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Our FacRep asked the Facility Manager today when they should have the first HRT meeting, in preparation for tropical depression 18, and the Facility Manager was not aware that there was a storm approaching.

You simply cannot make this poo poo up.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

MrYenko posted:

My body is ready.

After using it all day, it really is great. I think they're going to have to reign in some of the poo poo we're doing though. I'm going with the better to ask forgiveness approach!

MrYenko posted:

Our FacRep asked the Facility Manager today when they should have the first HRT meeting, in preparation for tropical depression 18, and the Facility Manager was not aware that there was a storm approaching.

You simply cannot make this poo poo up.

Sounds about right. We had a FLM in training argue "I was just about to do that!!" multiple times today. Mother fucker is a career trainee and should know better. We were openly mocking him in the area.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Last day as a cpc. :rip:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

fknlo posted:

Last day as a cpc. :rip:

I’ll pour one out for you tonight. Training loving blows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zochness
May 13, 2009

I AM James Bond.
Pillbug

MrYenko posted:

Training loving blows.

This x1000. Although R-side training is infinitely better than D-side. If I can get speed control on the STAR in my first sector down I should check out a little above minimums. :thumbsup: