Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Parasol Prophet posted:

I can if they bring back her GHB with additional-Robin quests 4 or 5 times. They're already on Narcian's third and Robin's' third is coming up, so I assumed they'd just keep going through the cycle for new players.

Unless they make it so if you've already gotten the quest Robins, you can't get any more. But I don't think they'd do that.

... W-would they?

I would bet that they're not going to. So far they've made it so that if you need a specific hero for a quest, it's either a starter or a hero that they give you in another quest in that group, presumably so that even someone unlucky or who sent all of hero x home or what have you can still complete it.

E: Also if Narcian is any indication, there'll be an Infernal FRobin next time it comes around, which would probably be nice for your project.

Elyv fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Sep 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Goddamnit just give us Xander or Camus again

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Elyv posted:

I would bet that they're not going to. So far they've made it so that if you need a specific hero for a quest, it's either a starter or a hero that they give you in another quest in that group, presumably so that even someone unlucky or who sent all of hero x home or what have you can still complete it.

E: Also if Narcian is any indication, there'll be an Infernal FRobin next time it comes around, which would probably be nice for your project.

I'm really not looking forward to an infernal version of her horrible chokepoint map

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

The 3* summoning pool really needs to get expanded, especially greens.

...yep got another Bartre and Barst double.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Barst has reposition (and spur attack 3) so I can't have enough of him

Actias
Oct 9, 2012

Sodium Chloride posted:

The 3* summoning pool really needs to get expanded, especially greens.

...yep got another Bartre and Barst double.

Until I have Reposition on all of my units, I'm not going to complain about Barst. Bartre is another matter entirely.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

im bored of arena maybe i should stop doing it for a month like last time

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

bah Lyn only lost the voting gauntlet due to a well timed bonus on Camilla's end

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

In my heart of hearts I know Lyn was the correct winner

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

team camilla blew a lot of feathers on lyn so i think ike is probably gonna win this

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Ostentatious posted:

team camilla blew a lot of feathers on lyn so i think ike is probably gonna win this

i wonder... i kinda doubt it, most of us probably just waited for the bonus rounds and never spent flags aside from that. now, team lyn, otoh, they overspent so many flags that they got back to a 10% lead from a 9.5% deficit at least twice

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

also consider that a lot of Lyn's Losers probably joined team baps and are thirsty to spend their flags now

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Why are people giving Green Units Green Tomebreaker?

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

they should delete Camilla from the game imo

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

The man called M posted:

reinhardt counter that also counters other Reindhardt counters

Actias
Oct 9, 2012

Tae posted:

Or people who pulled too many Merrics/Boeys and are seeking revenge.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

The man called M posted:

Just for coverage basically. Green tomes are popular in arena as well so it can give you an edge

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

The man called M posted:

As a very vague rule of thumb, I would say you want a breaker on hero of the same color instead on the advantaged color, because it lets you turn a loss into a win instead of just turning a draw into a win.

Also it really depends on what you're trying to counter.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

I wish there was an option to never play with a unit in Voting Gauntlet after the first time you encounter them.

No, I don't want your level 30 Klein with only Death Blow 1, rando. God Hana and my ProjectClarisse have to fight a level 40 Nino, Ike, and Reinhardt, and you're not helping.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I actually replaced desperation on my Nino with gTomebreaker because of all the other mages with green tomebreaker in the arena

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Hmm.

Looked at lame new banner, said "give me Ephraim" when I went to do my free pull, and then I picked blue and it did!

I also have green tomebreaker on my Nino and it puts in a lot of work, as mentioned there are no shortage of green mages to gobble up.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

FartingBedpost posted:

I wish there was an option to never play with a unit in Voting Gauntlet after the first time you encounter them.

No, I don't want your level 30 Klein with only Death Blow 1, rando. God Hana and my ProjectClarisse have to fight a level 40 Nino, Ike, and Reinhardt, and you're not helping.

i got a 5* gordin with a loving iron bow. not iron bow+, not steel bow, loving iron

i've also gotten matched against three brave lyns when i had only fliers. whatever math they use for matchmaking in voting arena is absolutely terrible.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Who would like Swift Sparrow? I pulled Katarina on the Brave Banner just now.

I'm leaning towards my +Atk/-HP Amelia who is currently running Darting Blow, or my Masked Marth healbot, but I don't know. Most of my other units already have an A skill. Maybe save it in case Nephenee wants it over Distant Counter?

(She's +Def/-Spd, so basically Swift Sparrow Fodder.)

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
maybe celica if you have her? it's like l&d without the malus, and synergizes pretty well with her weapon

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I do have a Celica... +Res/-Atk. I have a ton of -Atk or -Spd really good units, Bride Cordelia (+Def/-Spd), Innes (+Def/-Atk), Kagero (+Atk/-Spd), Bride Caeda (+Res/-Spd)...

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Nothin like getting your free pull on a banner and it ends up being Donnel. Poor boy still hasn't found a real helmet.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Warding Blow on Fir with Glacies and Killing Edge+ is ... not bad. I don't know if she'll ever be useable like some other projects, but I like Fir, and I don't like Niles.

Also, random player, your Klein is not better as a level 32 if you only have Death Blow 1 on him. My Clarisse does twice as much damage as his lazy rear end does. What are you spending his sp on if he's not already at DB3? :psyduck:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

FartingBedpost posted:

Warding Blow on Fir with Glacies and Killing Edge+ is ... not bad. I don't know if she'll ever be useable like some other projects, but I like Fir, and I don't like Niles.

Does the warding blow even do anything since mages don't counter melee units?

Edit: Oh right, it boosts glacies. Feels like a waste though.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Sep 4, 2017

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

FartingBedpost posted:

Also, random player, your Klein is not better as a level 32 if you only have Death Blow 1 on him. My Clarisse does twice as much damage as his lazy rear end does. What are you spending his sp on if he's not already at DB3? :psyduck:

Delete them from your friend list

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Fir absolutely needs every point of damage she can get. I'm running Wo Dao+/Moonbow/Death Blow 3/Seal Atk-Def/Threaten Def on her myself.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Senerio posted:

I do have a Celica... +Res/-Atk. I have a ton of -Atk or -Spd really good units, Bride Cordelia (+Def/-Spd), Innes (+Def/-Atk), Kagero (+Atk/-Spd), Bride Caeda (+Res/-Spd)...

+Atk/-Spd is arguably the best IV for Kagero since she's all about one-shotting anyway. Shame about the rest though.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

cheetah7071 posted:

Delete them from your friend list

Not on my friends list. They choose a rando and a friend usually. I just keep getting the same rando.

Andrast posted:

Does the warding blow even do anything since mages don't counter melee units?

Edit: Oh right, it boosts glacies. Feels like a waste though.

I have 4 4* Niles and I hate him, so it's worth experimenting with Warding Blow, imo. L&D 3 and Fury might be better all around, but my units with that are limited and/or units I like.

Senerio posted:

Fir absolutely needs every point of damage she can get. I'm running Wo Dao+/Moonbow/Death Blow 3/Seal Atk-Def/Threaten Def on her myself.

She has Seal Def and Threaten Def already, but I don't have a Wo Dao+ or Death Blow 3 available at the moment. I guess I could Moonbow after I get those, but before that is doing basically nothing, honestly.

FartingBedpost fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Sep 4, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

blizzardvizard posted:

+Atk/-Spd is arguably the best IV for Kagero since she's all about one-shotting anyway. Shame about the rest though.

Not really. Her speed is good, which means she can double and kill a lot things she can't OHKO, like many horses and fliers.

She can't kill brave Ike without doubling either.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Sep 4, 2017

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

You can always run DC and hsve Fir function as a Green and Red Magebait

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Senerio posted:

i mean -atk isn't terrible on her. with swift sparrow + full hp, her raw atk is still like 52, which is pretty respectable. i mean, she'll never double a nino but hey she's still a bulldozer

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Ostentatious posted:

You can always run DC and hsve Fir function as a Green and Red Magebait

I would need a Hector for that. :(

Edit: like I said, I doubt Fir will ever be viable, but this (using weird things nobody really uses on a hero nobody really uses) is more interesting to me than making Blade Tome user #21.

FartingBedpost fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Sep 4, 2017

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Tae posted:

This. My +Res Sonya with G Tomebreaker doesn't give a poo poo about mages who aren't red. Unless they also have g tomebreaker, then she might.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
+spd/-res is a better nature for Bow Lyn than my neutral one right?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Starsnostars posted:

+spd/-res is a better nature for Bow Lyn than my neutral one right?

Very much so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I got bow lynn and axe Ike, I also have a sword Ike. Should I spend my free pick on Lance Lucina? I'm pretty casual so not looking to minmax. I do have Lance Beach Robin.