Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Becky and I think alexa in those pictures for the latest reveal look awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The female character models are always awful.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Have they announced anything new about the game other than the roster

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Jackie D posted:

It has 10 different kinds of distraction finish. Im being serious.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jackie D posted:

8 characters on screen at once now finally.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Jackie D posted:

New commentary and a new lighting system.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Career mode is now tied into an online mode.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Skinty McEdger posted:

Career mode is now tied into an online mode.

This sounds potentially hideous but I'm curious what the details are.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Jackie D posted:

quote:

Another new feature added, meant to enhance both gameplay and story, is the notion of the quick pin - the idea that one player can land a schoolboy roll-up or a crucifix-style leverage pin, ending a bout quickly, just like the matches on TV sometimes. To aid this, there are now 12 different new match interference scenarios - from run-ins to walk-ins to just entrance music blaring - that will create a targeted distraction and open up a quick pin window. After the bell, the loser, still with full energy, will then have the option of beating down whoever it was that just scored the "fluke win."

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
finally I can simulate being disqualified for kicking too much rear end.

Admiral_Cola
Jan 11, 2012

SleepCousinDeath posted:

finally I can simulate being disqualified for kicking too much rear end.

It's the only way to stop the educated feet line from playing.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
The game will inexplicably still have that line in it because the game is still hot trash no matter how many lighting systems they put in.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.
As a Rick Martel fan, I’m happy he finally made it in a game after getting bumped in the Stan Hansen thing last year. It also explains why there was a re-recording of the Model theme on Uncaged III, a lot of the WWE games legend themes end up there when 2K puts in a certain iteration of someone.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
One more week of Roster Reveals for 2K18?

I am starting to compile my list of who is MISSING so far... I basically took the list of WWE Personnel on WIkipedia and compared it to what was announced.

NXT
Adam Cole
Aleister Black
Andrade Almas
Aliyah
Angelo Dawkins
Billie Kay
Bobby Fish
Buddy Murphy
Drew McIntyre
Kassius Ohno
Kyle O'Reilly
Liv Morgan
Mandy Rose
Montez Ford
No Way Jose
Oney Lorcan
Otis Dozovic
Peyton Royce
Ruby Riot
Sonya Deville
The Velveteen Dream
Tucker Knight
Wesley Blake

Main Roster

Aiden English
Alicia Fox
Ariya Daivari
Big E
Bo Dallas
Charlotte Flair
Curt Hawkins
Curtis Axel
Darren Young
Drew Gulak
Elias
Enzo Amore
Epico Colon
Fandango
Gran Metalik
Heath Slater
Jack Gallagher
James Ellsworth
Jeff Hardy
Kofi Kingston
Lana
Lince Dorado
Maria Kanellis
Matt Hardy
Mike Kanellis
Mustafa Ali
Naomi
Noam Dar
Primo Colon
R-Truth
Rhyno
Rich Swann
Samir Singh
Seth Rollins
Shane McMahon
Shelton Benjamin
Stephanie McMahon
Sunil Singh
The Brian Kendrick
Titus O'Neil
Tony Nese
Tyler Breeze
Xavier Woods

For the Legends/Alumni, here is who is missing and was in 2K17

Albert
Arn Anderson
Billy Gunn
Booker T
Brian Pillman
Cactus Jack
Christian
Dude Love
Edge
Jake Roberts
JBL
Mankind
Papa Shango
Road Dogg Jesse James
Shawn Michaels
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Sycho Sid
Tatanka
Tatsumi Fujinami
The Godfather
The Ultimate Warrior
Trish Stratus
Typhoon

And then going a step further, legends/alumni not in 2K18 that were in 2K16
Batista
Col. Mustafa
D-Lo Brown
Faarooq
Fit Finlay
General Adnan
Haku
Honky Tonk Man
Kama Mustafa
Ken Shamrock
Kevin Nash
Mikey Whipwreck
Santino Marella
Savio Vega
Sgt. Slaughter
Sting
Ultimate Warrior
William Regal
X-Pac

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Im not doubting 80% of those will be in. Seems like they made an effort to throw everything in this year.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Roster will definitely be pretty tight.

I'll probably buy it, spend a month setting up my Universe rosters. And then probably abandon it.

But, it'll be a pretty sweet roster.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
I thought Batista was a pre-order bonus thing, along with RVD.

And yea, no chance New Day isn't in it for sure.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

spongeh posted:

I thought Batista was a pre-order bonus thing, along with RVD.

And yea, no chance New Day isn't in it for sure.

Angle is the preorder, Batista and RVD come with the Deluxe or Cena versions.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Naomi, Austin, Godfather, Foley, and Nash were announced already.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/SpikeChunsoft_e/status/902359020500946944

Dave mentioned this on the last twitch stream. It's pretty cool how everybody involved with Fire Pro loves creating and editing wrestlers.

I hope a guide of Director's updates to NJPW wrestlers leaks out one day (since they already mentioned that they couldn't officially release them through the spike account due to copyright)

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Aug 31, 2017

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

https://twitter.com/SpikeChunsoft_e/status/902359020500946944

Dave mentioned this on the last twitch stream. It's pretty cool how everybody involved with Fire Pro loves creating and editing wrestlers.

I hope a guide of Director's updates to NJPW wrestlers leaks out one day (since they already mentioned that they couldn't officially release them through the spike account due to copyright)

There's someone uploading modern wrestlers with incredibly obvious fake names in japanese and english. Then there's the people porting over Fire Pro characters from various incarnations.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/tomozou_kantoku/status/903499976327675904

KungFu Grip posted:

There's someone uploading modern wrestlers with incredibly obvious fake names in japanese and english.

Do you have a link?

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Emotions were running high in this main event

Sadly, Gandhi was KTFO with a power bomb. Could be because he's not very well nourished

All hail the new ace

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
My FPW champ is Zarya, and no one seems able to stop her. Her AI is just crazy drat Aggressive.
~~~

In my TEW file, I had a weekly TV deal that I ended up not re-upping since the bastards still won't give me a time slot better than "On Demand", even though I haven't had less than their Prime Time show rating requirement in almost two years. You'd think they'd at least let me have a not-on-demand slot that isn't the bloody graveyard. At least give me Afternoons or some poo poo.

So after my TV Deal ended, I went back to having 2 shows a month instead of 5, and, uh, after two months I'm swimming in money.

I can't decide if I want to slowly, agonizingly book shows in another area outside of Puerto Rico and maybe, someday, EVENTUALLY have a second zone I can but a real show on or if I want to start a Women's Division.

Oh, here's an idea: If I want to try and build up popularity in another region, could it be worth building my own arena there? So at least while I'm trying to gain ground I can get rid of one extra expense....

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Deandra Reynolds managed to win the women's title and it turns out she is way too powerful. She's built for Gruesome Fighting and in a wrestling match she just tore through everyone else until I finally played as her opponent. May have to keep her out of the title scene.

Also I started a League with a bunch of real world guys from Workshop and there were similar problems- Hulk Hogan was built to be as dominant as he was historically so nobody else stood a chance. That's no fun.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

had my first match where two AI wrestlers whiffed like 90 percent of their strikes and then one was pinned clean after a drop toe hold lol. probably the worst match I've ever seen in like 70+ hours

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

DLC Inc posted:

had my first match where two AI wrestlers whiffed like 90 percent of their strikes and then one was pinned clean after a drop toe hold lol. probably the worst match I've ever seen in like 70+ hours

MOTYC: this match.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

DLC Inc posted:

oh cool you simmed the Rachael/Marti match from the MYC?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I'm not sure what to expect from WWE2k18 on the Switch, but according to previews the Switch version of NBA2k18 has all the features as the Xbox One and PS4 versions. However, it runs at 30 FPS instead of 60, even when docked. It also requires you to have a microSD card in your Switch for storage in order to access all the modes. I would imagine the Switch would have the least amount of people uploading Community Creations out of all the versions, but you might need an SD card to use that feature. Might be a case of a company cheaping out and releasing the game on a smaller sized Switch card and then requiring you to download the rest of the game to your storage.

I'll take it for the ability to have a portable wrestling game worth a drat.

Tato fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Sep 4, 2017

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Tato posted:

I'm not sure what to expect from WWE2k18 on the Switch, but according to previews the Switch version of NBA2k18 has all the features as the Xbox One and PS4 versions. However, it runs at 30 FPS instead of 60, even when docked. It also requires you to have a microSD card in your Switch for storage in order to access all the modes. I would imagine the Switch would have the least amount of people uploading Community Creations out of all the versions, but you might need an SD card to use that feature. Might be a case of a company cheaping out and releasing the game on a smaller sized Switch card and then requiring you to download the rest of the game to your storage.

I'll take it for the ability to have a portable wrestling game worth a drat.

it does not in fact sound like it's worth a drat at all. 6 wrestlers at once instead of 8, the shittiest community creations available if at all, plus it's a 2k game jesus christ save your 60 bucks. The Fire Pro dev said he'll eventually want the game on Switch, just wait for that.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
NBA on Switch probably won't have much bearing on what the WWE Switch game will look like. Although they seem to share some renderer and animation/performance capture stuff, the rest of the engine is the same game it's always been since PS2.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Aphrodite posted:

Angle is the preorder, Batista and RVD come with the Deluxe or Cena versions.

I guess this appeals to late teens and early 20 somethings that grew up with these guys, but it's hilarious to me that they have to resort to using wrestlers that have been in multiple Smackdown/SVR/WWE games as pre-order and upsell bonuses.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
New Fire Pro patch is out.

Spike Chunsoft posted:

Version 0.9007 was published today.
Please refer to the patch notes below.
We have been watching the forums and are working to address the issues reported.
We thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to make improvements through Early Access.

CUSTOM MUSIC
  • Fixed freeze bug on Skill menu.

OFFLINE MODE
  • Failsafe added at launch to check that the save data and application version are compatible . If the application version is older than the save data, you will receive a warning and the game will not launch.
  • A notification now appears if your save data is updated at launch time.
  • Exhibition Match: Fixed bug that would reset a wrestler’s costume when their position was reshuffled on the Wrestler Select screen.
  • Fixed bug that caused a 10-count if you played a Battle Royal after a SWA Rules Match.
  • Exhibition Match/Battle Royal: Font now scales down for wrestler names using 12 or more characters.
  • Tournament/League: When selecting Stables and Organizations, wrestlers are no longer displayed in the active left window.
  • Tournament/League: [Keyboard controls] When selecting Organizations, pressing the Up key now properly displays wrestlers in the active left window.
  • Tournament/League: [Keyboard controls] Fixed bug that would prevent arrow keys from working if the mouse cursor was over a button.

EDIT MODE
  • Wrestler Appearance Menu: Fixed bug where highlight settings would not copy when copying body part layers.

MATCHES
  • Battle Royal: CPU no longer tries to attack a defeated opponent leaving the ring.
  • Battle Royal: If a CPU wrestler has no current opponent, they will walk forward in the current direction (and will no longer 3D walk).
  • A defeated wrestler will no longer stand up themselves.
    *This includes the final wrestler defeated in a Battle Royal.
  • A defeated wrestler will no longer reverse moves.
  • If a wrestler is Irish Whipped into the corner post at an angle, they will now slump against the post.
  • Fixed bug preventing fluorescent tubes from appearing as random weapons.
  • Adjusted damage from colliding with walls/barbed wire/fluorescent tubes, as well as from landmines.
    *Increased damage for explosive gimmicks.
  • Cage Deathmatch: CPU will no longer attempt pinfalls with Win Condition set to Give Up Only/Escape.
    *Specifically this disables the pinfall button. Other pinfall moves may be used.
    *Priority Moves set to the pinfall button will be ignored.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
Having spent a small amount of time with this patch, that Irish whip fix is loving game-changing. Like, you poo poo.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Since everyone is singing the praises of it, I'm assuming Fire Pro Wrestling World is good then?

Also have we had any updates regarding the PS4 version?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

drrockso20 posted:

Also have we had any updates regarding the PS4 version?
PS4 doesn't have an equivalent unfinished-games-for-sale program, so it won't come out on PS4 until they leave Steam Early Access. Their budget etc. means they can only stay in Early Access until next spring at the latest, so probably around then?

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

so hyped for the irish whip fix

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began

Budget Dracula posted:

so hyped for the irish whip fix

Seriously, something that has been around for ages is finally going to work the way we've wanted it to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

quote:

Battle Royal: CPU no longer tries to attack a defeated opponent leaving the ring.

But now my Minoru Suzuki will no longer be accurate!!