Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

There's literally a law against it.

It must be nice in your world where you think Trump cares about the law more than the poo poo he took that morning while tweeting. Can I join you there? Sometimes I could use a break from reality.

Edit: gently caress your dog tax. This is how my cat sleeps.

bird food bathtub fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Sep 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Speaking of presidential gifts, given Trump's obsession with being the opposite of Obama, I'm surprised we haven't had the former lavishly praising The Witcher 2.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/904738121127952384

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/904743143421218816

These are very reassuring things to read about a man who has access to nuclear weapons.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Hollismason posted:

I always find it ironic that people are all " Our Jobs" and then you're like " Oh go pick strawberries " and then they're like "What no that's crazy hard work"

Nah, the reasoning is more like "what no i've got a family to feed i can't do that on $7.50/hr" and you're like "oh i see... :rolleyes:"

What will happen is that farmers will have to increase worker wages, which will gradually increase the price of food.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Majorian posted:

This hits a particular chord of irony for me. I just came back from two weeks in Peru, and spent one of those weeks right at the edge of the rainforest (I work for a vision care nonprofit, and we were doing free surgeries on people with cataracts in Tarapoto). Before I left, I had to work my rear end off to find a place that had the yellow fever vaccine, since there's a major shortage of it throughout the U.S. I don't think I saw one mosquito while I was there. And now I come back and see this. One wonders what sorts of diseases will start to show up.

a few more degrees of warming and we'll see the range of botflies start creeping up into the U.S. too mmmm that itchy, wriggly scalp (I caught three eggs when I was in Peru last)

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

bird food bathtub posted:

It must be nice in your world where you think Trump cares about the law more than the poo poo he took that morning while tweeting. Can I join you there? Sometimes I could use a break from reality.

Stop covoking. Trump does enough dumb things without inventing new ones from whole cloth.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Hollismason posted:

I always find it ironic that people are all " Our Jobs" and then you're like " Oh go pick strawberries " and then they're like "What no that's crazy hard work"

There's more to it than just that. Statistically speaking, Americans are willing to work longer hours than just about any other developed world country. It's that those jobs are underpaid, unsanitary, and/or dangerous, and if you're here legally and can get a job in an air conditioned wal-mart instead, that's what you do. If you aren't here legally and can't get any better work, ok then.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Majorian posted:

This hits a particular chord of irony for me. I just came back from two weeks in Peru, and spent one of those weeks right at the edge of the rainforest (I work for a vision care nonprofit, and we were doing free surgeries on people with cataracts in Tarapoto). Before I left, I had to work my rear end off to find a place that had the yellow fever vaccine, since there's a major shortage of it throughout the U.S. I don't think I saw one mosquito while I was there. And now I come back and see this. One wonders what sorts of diseases will start to show up.

Isn't Zika the newest kid on the block? How's Zika doing, it was a big news last year, but i haven't heard and mainstream items on it recently.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Majorian posted:

West Nile is still a thing. My city, here in Louisiana, still sends out sprayer trucks in the evening to try and gas those bastards.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

DaveWoo posted:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/904738121127952384

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/904743143421218816

These are very reassuring things to read about a man who has access to nuclear weapons.

So why did this dude leave again?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Of course it is those two

https://twitter.com/JoyAnnReid/status/904739131359670272

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

enraged_camel posted:

Nah, the reasoning is more like "what no i've got a family to feed i can't do that on $7.50/hr" and you're like "oh i see... :rolleyes:"

What will happen is that farmers will have to increase worker wages, which will gradually increase the price of food.

Which will be blamed on immigrants again somehow.

If these two didn't have an insane personal agenda against nonwhites I'd assume they were pushing for it just to push trump's approval numbers even lower.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

This is my shocked face.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

PhazonLink posted:

Isn't Zika the newest kid on the block? How's Zika doing, it was a big news last year, but i haven't heard and mainstream items on it recently.

Zika seems to have been a flash in the pan, thankfully:

quote:

The number of people infected with Zika is down substantially this year in the United States, reflecting a precipitous drop in mosquito-borne virus infections in Puerto Rico and other overseas locations.

New York, for instance, has reported 155 Zika infections at last count, a figure that’s 56% lower than at the same point last year. Only 30 of them have been in upstate New York, including just one case in Monroe County. Monroe ended last year with 22 Zika cases, far more than any other upstate county.

The same scenario is playing out elsewhere in the U.S. for the same basic reason — the Zika infection rate has cratered in some one-time hot spots in just 12 months’ time. That has made it considerably less likely that Americans will pick up the virus while traveling abroad this summer.

It may pop back up again, but for now, at least, it's on the wane.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

But but Maggie Haberman said that Trump doesn't actually want to end DACA!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

not surprised at all.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
It's only been just 8 months folks...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_nPp64OrBc

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Y'all are lucky I ain't a d&d mod and anymore because anyone hardcore Covoking would get a challenge to go doomsay in the streets lmao.

I get it. Things are scary. We have a dementia ridden monster in the white house. North Korea is doing it's thing. Hurricanes. Neo Nazis. Rounding up ethnic populations. The apocalypse is nigh.

Spend time with your loved ones. Wiggle your toes in the grass or sand. Have a cup of tea or coffee and.look out to the sky. Smell the flowers. Enjoy the little things. See a therapist.

Take a break if you get so anxious you need to come in here and spread the anxiety.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Given that presidential gifts become the property of the National Archives, and are often exhibited at presidential libraries, these are gonna make a killer exhibit on the decadence of the Trump White House in the final days of the First Republic

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.
Barely four months ago

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/JoyAnnReid/status/904741080981274624

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Koalas March posted:

Y'all are lucky I ain't a d&d mod and anymore because anyone hardcore Covoking would get a challenge to go doomsay in the streets lmao.

I get it. Things are scary. We have a dementia ridden monster in the white house. North Korea is doing it's thing. Hurricanes. Neo Nazis. Rounding up ethnic populations. The apocalypse is nigh.

Spend time with your loved ones. Wiggle your toes in the grass or sand. Have a cup of tea or coffee and.look out to the sky. Smell the flowers. Enjoy the little things. See a therapist.

Take a break if you get so anxious you need to come in here and spread the anxiety.

You still have a mod star though?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

There's literally a law against it.

This is meaningless.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

You still have a mod star though?

TGRS (formerly Negrotown) is my forum. I don't have much modding to do because my posters police themselves well and there is a bigger focus on effort posting so it also moves slower. It is nice.

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

Xae posted:

When Tax Reform fails I figure Trump will start taking a personal interest in the NAFTA renegotiation and poo poo will quickly go down hill.

If we're lucky Canada adds 50 new provinces.

canada offers to take jeff bezos off trump's hands; washington becomes the newest canadian province

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
No post here, move along

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Koalas March posted:

TGRS (formerly Negrotown) is my forum. I don't have much modding to do because my posters police themselves well and there is a bigger focus on effort posting so it also moves slower. It is nice.

Oh also I don't think Guyovich and Fans would appreciate me doing poo poo like that here.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

moostaffa posted:

Barely four months ago

then ten minutes later he talked to Sessions

then the next day he talked to some corporate suit

then last week he talked to Sessions again

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Koalas March posted:

That sounds nice.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
How long until Trump restarts the Indian Wars and orders the Army to burn down reservation settlements?

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I think sometimes this thread is too hard on Covok, and plus it's weird to see the verb Arzying replaced.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

yall lucky I aint a mod or I would give people permission to express themselves and not police thoughts I deem overly negative or pessimistic

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret
You know, I don't care about how forums get modded. nothing to see here.

osker fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Sep 4, 2017

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Koalas March posted:

I am currently snuggling my 8 month old as she naps. She and my wife literally are getting me through this poo poo show and I love them every second for it.

still in talks with my reps (still ignored especially by Walorski... hell at least Donnelly and Holcomb wrote me back when I call and write them.) and also with the guy who's trying to get me on the ballot for a local party position for democrats to push them leftward.

waiting game sucks and I am now actively worried for my neighbors but I'm being productive and bonding with my loved ones is Getting me through this one day at a time

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

osker posted:

I am very fond of these "tough-on-takes new-sheriff-in-town law-and-order" backseat mods. If you ignore this Covocks and the glow-fish geography hot takes you don't even have to add them to the ignore list.

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Hellblazer187 posted:

I think sometimes this thread is too hard on Covok, and plus it's weird to see the verb Arzying replaced.

Arzy was right.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Trump's Nominee To Be USDA's Chief Scientist Is Not A Scientist
http://www.npr.org/2017/09/04/547934012/trumps-nominee-to-be-usdas-chief-scientist-is-not-a-scientist

Among the concerns: Clovis isn't a scientist. He holds a doctorate, but it's in public administration and not a scientific discipline.

If confirmed, Clovis would oversee the agency's $3 billion research budget, which funds, among other things, research to help farmers and ranchers adapt to climate change. Clovis is currently the White House liaison to USDA.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Nocturtle posted:

Arzy was right.

Arzy was from 2008 and was sooo wrong at everything

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Post 9-11 User posted:

http://www.npr.org/2017/09/04/547934012/trumps-nominee-to-be-usdas-chief-scientist-is-not-a-scientist

Among the concerns: Clovis isn't a scientist. He holds a doctorate, but it's in public administration and not a scientific discipline.

If confirmed, Clovis would oversee the agency's $3 billion research budget, which funds, among other things, research to help farmers and ranchers adapt to climate change. Clovis is currently the White House liaison to USDA.

He also referred to liberals as race traitors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Post 9-11 User posted:

In any other administration I'd be all "ehh, maybe he has something useful to bring to the table in terms of improving the organization of the agency"

In this one,

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

He also referred to liberals as race traitors

• Locked thread