Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I talk some poo poo but 67 is too young.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xqih8X-m2GE

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

KMac was bred in a lab for the sole purposes of chewing gum and high-quality guitar shitposting, and he's all out of gum.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

That kid came out of nowhere and is a million times more funny and enjoyable than terreberry/dines/those dudes

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
some people get that comedy comes from absurdities created by juxtaposition and not just making dumb faces

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Kilometers Davis posted:

That kid came out of nowhere and is a million times more funny and enjoyable than terreberry/dines/those dudes
Fat dudes are funnier on average.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkyXTuKenDg&t=250s

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
Steampunk guitar at a cyberpunk price.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

drat Metallica are now old enough that it's not funny when one of them falls over :/

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

well why not posted:

drat Metallica are now old enough that it's not funny when one of them falls over :/

actually it just keeps getting funnier

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Trig Discipline posted:

actually it just keeps getting funnier

It's coming back around. Are they really sober?

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

...and the pitch! posted:

It's coming back around. Are they really sober?

probably but for some reason they decided to put trap doors in their stage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPMofMuhceI&t=233s

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I laughed really hard at that.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

[Norm Macdonald voice] Metallica Ziggo Dome accident

donut
Feb 4, 2001

I was watching Kirk because I figured this was gonna be a "lol kirk wah" video so I completely missed James falling over until Robert stopped playing.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I dunno man Metallica is low-hanging fruit.

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

I could see that being useful as a preamp.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

what was the point of those trapdoors? why open them when no one's looking? Is this a metal gear solid level

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Oh I see the point was so every member of the band could drum for some reason. Can't blame them, what with lars on the kit there

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

tbh tube screamers with sym/asym clipping switches are pretty sweet, too bad about the graphics.

praxis
Aug 1, 2003

The Muppets On PCP posted:

probably but for some reason they decided to put trap doors in their stage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPMofMuhceI&t=233s

"James lay there like a slug. It was his only defense."

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

field balm posted:

tbh tube screamers with sym/asym clipping switches are pretty sweet, too bad about the graphics.

Yeah being able to faff about with clipping is fun on dirt switches :ssh:

But that thing's ugly and I'm gonna guess about $400, and now I go to price check

e: I can't even find it, this is some sort of weird fever dream???

I can only find evidence of it

Shugojin fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Sep 6, 2017

seatbeltstrap
Nov 5, 2004

That bitch Carmen Sandiego's got nothing on me.

Shugojin posted:

Yeah being able to faff about with clipping is fun on dirt switches :ssh:

But that thing's ugly and I'm gonna guess about $400, and now I go to price check

e: I can't even find it, this is some sort of weird fever dream???

I can only find evidence of it

It's a weed fever dream, duh.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Funny thing about the Tube Screamer's op-amp: When you use clipping diodes in the feedback of an op-amp you will NEVER hear the op-amp clip. The only difference between op-amps in a pedal with clipping diodes in the feedback network is the noise floor and thd. The idea you'd have a switchable op-amp is pretty funny.

Now if those clipping diodes shunted to ground or weren't there at all you WOULD be able to hear the op-amp break up. While not strictly an op-amp, the LM386s in the Earthquaker Acapulco Gold (and also the D*A*M Sonic Titan) have no diodes so you get that rippin' power amp distortion from the chip.

Clipping diodes in the feedback network act like a limiter (since they are the ones doing the clipping) so you just can't push the chip amp.

Here's the clipping diodes in the feedback for the op-amp on a tube screamer:

Here's a picture that shows the same soft clipping the tube screamer uses and the hard clipping (shunt to ground) that clips after the op-amp (allowing the op-amp to clip itself):

All of those op-amps in the pedal shown are old school high noise high thd chips except that OP2134 which has even less "character" because it's low-noise and low-thd.

Dang It Bhabhi! fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Sep 7, 2017

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Wuh?

Err yeah I remember Malcolm Young said the same thing when he recorded Powerage

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Chrpno posted:

Wuh?

Err yeah I remember Malcolm Young said the same thing when he recorded Powerage

People trying different chips in a Tube Screamer: it's pointless because reasons.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Lmao I didn't even see the op-amp switches, I was too distracted by the wall of diodes

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I mean... I still laughed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8djPcxgndIc

edit: god drat it

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/wtf/heres_bb_king_shredding_in_style_of_yngwie_malmsteen.html

Dang It Bhabhi! fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Sep 7, 2017

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Kinda hoping there'll be some really indignant "how dare you, sir?" comments on this

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

My friend told me a pretty funny story about seeing BB King play in Reno several years ago. My friend went to MI in LA for guitar and BB King had always been one of his idols so he was super stoked to see him play. He said the show was incredible but he couldn't help but notice a hilarious dynamic between BB King and his "backup" guitarist. My friend said the backing guitarist was playing his loving rear end off the entire show and would get a few claps here and there, maybe. But every time King so much as held a single note bend, the crowd would go absolutely bonkers. My friend said he couldn't help but feel bad for the guy playing his heart out and getting absolutely no response from the crowd, which I thought was pretty funny.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

quote:

I don't care what you say. Blues Elitism IS A THING. If I hear one more blues guitarist say something is poo poo because it is fast, I'm voting for Trump

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

lol

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txuOROqif7Q

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

I like the JHS Meat & Potatoes mod to the EHX Soul Food pedal but drat that guy's all types of shady.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Rugoberta Munchu posted:

I like the JHS Meat & Potatoes mod to the EHX Soul Food pedal but drat that guy's all types of shady.

it's pretty funny that they charge $45 to add an extra switch and diode

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

it's more awesome music poo poo but i can't stop laughing at (mildly :nws: ) a satanic southern baptist faith revival

Shugojin fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Sep 8, 2017

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

might wanna nws that

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

i'll do it but i dunno what you expected from a link with "satanic" in the name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I don't even know why I commented, I don't really care about the random breastage at the end, I guess it's just a reflex at this point.

It's a pretty good video tho

• Locked thread