Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Whitenoise Poster posted:

Configuration: Wheel. Bastion turns into a cool robot wheel that can't shoot but goes really fast and can climb walls.

We can all pretend to be that really cool robot from starwars.

I think he should be able to explode for 600 splash damage in this configuration too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush
The best way to improve Bastion that I can think of without drastically changing him is to make his transition between sentry and recon modes basically instantaneous. Maybe also shrink his hit box a tad as well.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

I think it was mentioned in this thread that the core problem with Bastion is that he is at his most powerful when he is stationary which is contrary to the run around shooty game you are playing, I think he needs a Sym level rework

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

The Kingfish posted:

They should have a way to "sight" enemies with a callout like on battlefield

Press (and hold!) your talk button, then push some air through your vocal chords to make a sound like "mursee hazz rezz."

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Sade posted:

Press (and hold!) your talk button, then push some air through your vocal chords to make a sound like "mursee hazz rezz."

In solo ranked play good luck finding a team that actually stays in the voice channel.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

EMC posted:

I think he needs a Sym level rework

Solution: Recon mode is left as is, Sentry mode still has the ~eh~ Minigun but can now move at half speed on tank treads and makes lots of noise, and the new ult is Ganymede flying around a single target and being a Peepin' & Poopin'Avain Avatar of Anger, causing them to move at 75% speed and unable to use abilities for 5 seconds while the target spews profanity and gets pooped on.

Father Wendigo fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Sep 4, 2017

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

EMC posted:

I think it was mentioned in this thread that the core problem with Bastion is that he is at his most powerful when he is stationary which is contrary to the run around shooty game you are playing, I think he needs a Sym level rework

They could even explain it in a follow up to the Torb/Bastion story where he de-old piece of poo poo's the birdbot

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Manatee Cannon posted:

that would invalidate the sonic arrow and widow's whole ult. also sombra's see-through-walls gimmick for low health enemy players

Fair point, they should give Hanzo another scatter arrow and remove Widowmaker.

Sombra will be fine.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Widowmaker Ult is terrible anyway, both in terms of inventiveness and effect (giving a team a maphack is just dumb, it basically says 'Hey ignore these FPS skills for X time') so anything that replaced it would be better.

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

Dodgeball posted:

What's Mei's target demo?

I think it's also assholes
I didn't care about Mei until I realized how loving annoying she is to fight and now she's my main

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Zlodo posted:

I think it's also assholes
I didn't care about Mei until I realized how loving annoying she is to fight and now she's my main

mein

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
imo there should really be an achievement for killing two people in the air on the same jump in deathmatch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p7tQ9C2sZY

I quite liked this too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qN8jrBautE

both plays got actual appreciation from pubs, that doesn't happen often

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Thank god for Junkrat's tire speed buff because this would never happen without it:

https://gfycat.com/BarrenAdventurousCarp

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Is Junkrat meta now? Honestly can't tell... Pro players please chime in

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

pro players can't use the new junkrat in tournaments for at least another week or so

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Deathmatch isn't Chateau-only anymore and all the modified maps really suck for DM

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

flatluigi posted:

Deathmatch isn't Chateau-only anymore and all the modified maps really suck for DM

I didn't mind hanamura, kings row is terrible

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The problem with the regular maps is that their flow is linear and finite, when what you need for Deathmatch is something more continuous and labyrinthine like Chateau, with lots of interconnected loops and very few dead ends.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
there should be a 3v3 deathmatch on the elimination maps. I'd think they'd be too small for 4v4

either way I feel like DM is very popular and I hope they just reskin a few maps from other successful DM games for it

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the 3v3 elim maps are in tdm and they're perfectly fine for it

flatluigi posted:

king's row is great for practicing doomfist

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Supercar Gautier posted:

The problem with the regular maps is that their flow is linear and finite, when what you need for Deathmatch is something more continuous and labyrinthine like Chateau, with lots of interconnected loops and very few dead ends.

And it seems like every loving match has a top score by McCree without fail now.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

there is a problem of the maps having long sightlines for hitscan heroes. I thought doomfist would be great on anubis but that's not really the case since there's so much high ground for soldier to rocket jump to

hollywood is really good tho, except for the spawn room you can hide in which is lame

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is the current lootbox freebie for Deathmatch bugged? I got first place and it still shows a lootbox to earn for getting a win.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

frajaq posted:

Is Junkrat meta now? Honestly can't tell... Pro players please chime in

Junkrat still has a lot of the flaws and drawbacks he had previously, the changes didn't really do much to address those.

1). He's a 200 hitpoint hero with very little in the way of mobility and no mitigation. Against things like long range hitscan he's not very difficult to burn down.

2). His grenades are sluggish and easily avoided by people who understand not to walk on the glowing angry cricket balls, or in Zarya's case who understand how to farm them for free charge.

3). He still basically loses the war against Pharah unless the Pharah player is extremely dumb.

He is qualitatively better than he used to be. The extra mine does raise his skill ceiling with regards to things like bomb jumps, gives him flexibility to use one mine to engage and another for burst, and in cramped quarters simply being able to quickly toss and detonate two mines in quick succession is a pretty hefty chunk of damage. Also the new Riptire is apparently pretty nuts with how you can use its increased speed and wall climbing capabilities to drop it on top of people from insane angles. I don't know if those things are going to be enough to make Junkrat worth taking as your sixth man in serious pro play level, but there's a difference between something being viable at the pro level and something being viable in ranked play, and I would guess that Junkrat doesn't become "meta" but that he starts seeing more use in ranked play outside of bronze, maybe not all over the ladder but somewhat. If that happens you can probably expect a further uptick in Zarya use since she benefits greatly from an enemy Junkrat.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Kai Tave posted:

Junkrat still has a lot of the flaws and drawbacks he had previously, the changes didn't really do much to address those.

1). He's a 200 hitpoint hero with very little in the way of mobility and no mitigation. Against things like long range hitscan he's not very difficult to burn down.

2). His grenades are sluggish and easily avoided by people who understand not to walk on the glowing angry cricket balls, or in Zarya's case who understand how to farm them for free charge.

3). He still basically loses the war against Pharah unless the Pharah player is extremely dumb.

He is qualitatively better than he used to be. The extra mine does raise his skill ceiling with regards to things like bomb jumps, gives him flexibility to use one mine to engage and another for burst, and in cramped quarters simply being able to quickly toss and detonate two mines in quick succession is a pretty hefty chunk of damage. Also the new Riptire is apparently pretty nuts with how you can use its increased speed and wall climbing capabilities to drop it on top of people from insane angles. I don't know if those things are going to be enough to make Junkrat worth taking as your sixth man in serious pro play level, but there's a difference between something being viable at the pro level and something being viable in ranked play, and I would guess that Junkrat doesn't become "meta" but that he starts seeing more use in ranked play outside of bronze, maybe not all over the ladder but somewhat. If that happens you can probably expect a further uptick in Zarya use since she benefits greatly from an enemy Junkrat.

All these are true. The extra mine really improves junkrat's survivability, though, because it will be much more likely that you have mobility options than before. Whereas previously you gained some burst in exchange for becoming a sitting duck, now you have some real options.

He might be good enough to use in some niche situations (and he's much stronger when people don't have the best aim) but the team will really need to be tweaked to cover some of his massive weaknesses.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Here are my opinions on new Junkrat as someone who pretty much exclusively plays him but isn't the best. He's always been a good character and the second mine makes him better. Before, you would have to plan your cool downs before engaging. A good strategy was to lay a mine, shoot some grenades, then mine jump when the cool down was up so you would be in the fight with a mine to either (a) get a kill confirm or (b) escape when it went bad. That means sometimes missing a good opportunity, so I ignored that advise and jumped into fights prematurely and died a lot. Now I have peace of mind knowing I can always run or kill at a moments notice. New Junkrat is good for very bold players, not those weak 'Rats who hide behind a wall and do arc shots on to the point from across the map. He should be jumping around the map more and trying to shoot from high up or behind the enemy. I've had team wipes before from sneaking around with mines and dropping a tire from point blank range. Yet again, new tire will allow you to get round faster. Quick tires are still best though.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Here's a Harbleu video where he plays some of the new Junkrat on Eichenwalde, and it features an insane tire jump.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I don't hate the team deathmatch as much as I thought I would, or at least they managed to get me on an MMR where I can help a team win without being completely carried, which is something that CoD never could do (although I guess the flow of that game somewhat relies on people feeding).

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Deathmatch is a lot more fun than I thought. My highlight so far: Hooking another Roadhog right as a Tracer pulse bombed him, meaning we both died.

It was play of the game for the tracer, so everyone saw my shame.

edit: what i don't understand though is how junkrats keep winning, i have not died to one so far

is everyone else just feeding them or what

Slime fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Sep 5, 2017

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

I don't think bastion needs a crazy rework. He may be poo poo tier, but he serves kind of a cool strategic role. I think they should make him even better at erasing shields so that it's worth picking him just for shield denial. My less drastic rework would be:

1) half damage taken while self healing like roadhog. Also while ulting.
2) decrease sentry form damage by 30%, does double damage to shields.
3) Increase recon clip size.

Basically, make it so he wants to stand up and shoot heads except for when shield busting or maybe spraying down a skirmish area.

Bastions aren't as stationary as some make them out to be anyway. You should really be up and down all the time.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Slime posted:

Deathmatch is a lot more fun than I thought. My highlight so far: Hooking another Roadhog right as a Tracer pulse bombed him, meaning we both died.

It was play of the game for the tracer, so everyone saw my shame.

edit: what i don't understand though is how junkrats keep winning, i have not died to one so far

is everyone else just feeding them or what

yes, FFA deathmatch is moreso about picking on the weaker players and stealing kills like a vulture than winning cool 1v1 duels.

I really enjoy FFA deathmatch, it's just kind of goofy.

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Sep 5, 2017

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
The new fast riptire is cool, but bouncing/jumping with it is crazy and unpredictable sometimes

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

pzy posted:

The new fast riptire is cool, but bouncing/jumping with it is crazy and unpredictable sometimes

I hate how high and floaty jumping the tire is.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The tire's flyability is being nerfed on the PTR already fyi

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I think it should go way faster but not jump

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Kai Tave posted:

Here's a Harbleu video where he plays some of the new Junkrat on Eichenwalde, and it features an insane tire jump.

It also features some great Lucio tears when he keeps getting booped off only to catch the platform below.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Faster movement and better wall climbing is great, but man when you get to the top of a wall for a sweet play and the tire instead launches into orbit!

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

headcase posted:

I don't think bastion needs a crazy rework. He may be poo poo tier, but he serves kind of a cool strategic role. I think they should make him even better at erasing shields so that it's worth picking him just for shield denial. My less drastic rework would be:

1) half damage taken while self healing like roadhog. Also while ulting.
2) decrease sentry form damage by 30%, does double damage to shields.
3) Increase recon clip size.

Basically, make it so he wants to stand up and shoot heads except for when shield busting or maybe spraying down a skirmish area.

Bastions aren't as stationary as some make them out to be anyway. You should really be up and down all the time.

You've gotta give people incentive to actually use recon mode. As it is recon is "Soldier but worse."

I know that's what your saying but I don't think extra bullets will make people wanna get up.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Since we're talking Junkrat, I made a video for him that I posted in the chill thread.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSjtsitdjXg

I'd really like to make another video but it takes a long time to get footage. So I'm gonna open this up to a community thing. If you want to donate cool/funny clips from ANY character, email me wjobkar(at)gmail(dot)com. Thanks in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Wildtortilla posted:

Faster movement and better wall climbing is great, but man when you get to the top of a wall for a sweet play and the tire instead launches into orbit!

I mean, it's getting changed because they accidentally almost made Junkrat good the flying tire made for even sweeter plays.