Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Hahahahaha

quote:

In the meantime, Rutherford said he hopes Popper will just stop overnight, not unlike the fame of a certain ’90s blues-pop band.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts
Barely relevant to anything, but 'The Hook' is great because the lyrics are literally about how musicians don't have to try to write good music because people will listen to any old trash as long as it has a catchy hook.

e: And it doesn't even have to be an original hook, they used Pachbel's Canon in D for Hook and it became their biggest hit.

PubicMice has a new favorite as of 02:48 on Sep 1, 2017

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

John Popper was in two weird Twitter wrangles this week; the lady who tried to fake her way onto the New York Times bestseller list was a manager for Blues Traveler at one point.

It's nice to see he's lost so much weight, I guess.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

:agreed:, but for anyone.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

PubicMice posted:

Barely relevant to anything, but 'The Hook' is great because the lyrics are literally about how musicians don't have to try to write good music because people will listen to any old trash as long as it has a catchy hook.

e: And it doesn't even have to be an original hook, they used Pachbel's Canon in D for Hook and it became their biggest hit.

So do a lot of songs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdxkVQy7QLM

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

A Spider-Man mask with a Superman cape? loving disgusting.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

AlbieQuirky posted:

John Popper was in two weird Twitter wrangles this week; the lady who tried to fake her way onto the New York Times bestseller list was a manager for Blues Traveler at one point.

It's nice to see he's lost so much weight, I guess.

Yeah, I have a Let's Read thread for it. It's hilariously awful and features things like Carrot Top and Wayne Newton appearing to cheer on the protagonist (a self-insert of the author) in her magic show.

It also has extreme levels of creep because it started as a Wattpad fanfic back in 2013 about Jackson Rathbone (who played Jasper in Twilight) falling in love with her. It turns out she was the manager for his band, 100 Monkeys, and Handbook for Mortals still has a romantic interest named Jackson who lusts over how beautiful and awesome she is.

She also managed Plain White T's at some point, and faux-Jackson Rathbone is their singer in her book universe.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

‘Do It Now!’ U.K. Regulator Turns to Animatronic Arnold Schwarzenegger

quote:

LONDON — When British financial regulators were planning a public education campaign about missold payment protection insurance, they figured they needed to inject some pizazz into the relatively dry subject matter.

Enter an animatronic head of Arnold Schwarzenegger, calling back to his 1987 action film “Predator,” and shouting, “Do it now!”

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/reason/status/903686400473579521

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/VICE/status/903739269080076292

Useless
Sep 13, 2003
I'm keeping three or four fingers crossed you get a buick up the ass before the night is over.

gently caress, this is from basically the start of the internet but is still completely spot on.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Police warn Chicago residents of wild 'zombie dogs' roaming streets

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/zombie-dogs-chicago-coyotes-warning-police-what-are-they-a7925106.html

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

She isn't happy about the dry hump day, but wet labor day sounds promising.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Midwife rides inflatable swan through Houston floods to deliver baby

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Perhaps the Once and Future King Queen can save us.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Platystemon posted:

Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Undetectable from a post in D&D.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

a kitten posted:

You know what, let's give her a chance on this one. Hail Queen Matilda!

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Yeah! Take THAT, King Stephen!

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Man Who Ran Into Flames At Burning Man Festival Has Died
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4848026/Man-ran-flames-Burning-Man-festival-died.html

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Burning Man's burning man burns man.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Undetectable from a post in D&D.

...Did you mean indistinguishable?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Someone broke into his home, ignored the electronics and stole Legos — $7,000 worth

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article170794382.html

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

gleebster posted:

Yeah! Take THAT, King Stephen!

:hist101: one of my favorite crazy wars

This is actually really sad, because many people tried to stop him.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Husband thinks he killed wife in his sleep

quote:

“I think I killed my…,” Phelps said to the operator, according to the outlet.

“What do you mean by that? What happened?” the dispatcher asked.

“I had a dream and then I turned on the lights and she’s dead on the floor … I have blood all over me and there’s a bloody knife on the bed. I think I did it. I can’t believe this,” Phelps told the dispatcher.
“I had a dream and then I turned on the lights and she’s dead on the floor,” Phelps can be heard saying on the call.

“How? How?” the dispatcher asked.

At the end of the call, which lasted 7 minutes, Phelps sobbed to the operator and said his wife didn’t deserve what happened.

“She’s not moving at all. Oh my God. She didn’t deserve this,” Phelps said.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

trapped mouse posted:

...Did you mean indistinguishable?

... Yes. I think I was half asleep when I posted that because it was a Sunday night and I wasn't drunk. I think.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

:gonk:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Yeah. Dude is totally guilty. He read about the Ambien Murder online and figured "Hey, a quick and lazy alibi"

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Proteus Jones posted:

Yeah. Dude is totally guilty. He read about the Ambien Murder online and figured "Hey, a quick and lazy alibi"

Yeah. I feel like someone who actually sleep-murdered their wife (if such a thing is possible) and woke up next to her corpse and a bloody knife with no idea what happened would blame a home invader who left the weapon behind. Maybe they would have some nagging questions about how they slept through the attack or why the intruder didn't attack them too, but that still seems more reasonable than jumping to "my God, I murdered my wife in my sleep! That's the only reasonable explanation for being covered in her blood after sleeping right next to her all night!"

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Ape Agitator posted:

Burning Man's burning man burns man.

:captainpop:

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Yeah. I feel like someone who actually sleep-murdered their wife (if such a thing is possible) and woke up next to her corpse and a bloody knife with no idea what happened would blame a home invader who left the weapon behind. Maybe they would have some nagging questions about how they slept through the attack or why the intruder didn't attack them too, but that still seems more reasonable than jumping to "my God, I murdered my wife in my sleep! That's the only reasonable explanation for being covered in her blood after sleeping right next to her all night!"

I also think the first reaction while talking to the 911 operator wouldn't be "hey I think I killed my wife???" but rather "OH MY GOD SHE'S DEAD WHAT THE gently caress".

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

GrossMurpel posted:

I also think the first reaction while talking to the 911 operator wouldn't be "hey I think I killed my wife???" but rather "OH MY GOD SHE'S DEAD WHAT THE gently caress".

Oh hey, I didn't know you got your degree. When did you graduate?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Johnny Aztec posted:

Oh hey, I didn't know you got your degree. When did you graduate?

You what?

cnut
May 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

a kitten posted:

Huh. I expected Excalibur to be shinier.