Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
If stroll wins lock the thread and ban everyone with more than 100 posts in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
what if it's 100 posts about how lance stroll is the best f1 driver to ever be?

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

You know 2017 is shaping up to be a pretty boring season with one or two exceptions

you mean 2018 right

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

OhsH posted:

what if it's 100 posts about how lance stroll is the best f1 driver to ever be?

Doesn't matter. Any contribution is a sign of moral degeneracy that led to stroll winning.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Wirth1000 posted:

A lot of you guys may not have watched F1 during the Schuey domination of the early to mid 2000s but you all sure as poo poo were around for Vettels streak so lmao that apparently now F1 is now dead and gone.

Ywah sure ok there bud

It was only good when my team was winning and it was totally fair and competitive during this time.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Stroll owns I've switched sides after the massive brain injury I gave myself yesterday and Saturday over the sporting results of my great nation.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
I can't believe Hack Clown is about to throw away Ron Dennis' masterplan, just when it was going to deliver an Honda engine with power and reliability like the world has never seen. Hmm actually I can.

He and Alonso, the mentally sick driver who is probably still whining out of jealousy for Palmer's skill and youth, are really made for each other.

They are doing irreparable damage to the best team in F1 history. This is a tragedy.

They are going to look so dumb next year when Kyvat becomes WDC. Ron Dennis must be spinning in his grave.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Gigi Galli posted:

Stroll owns I've switched sides after the massive brain injury I gave myself yesterday and Saturday over the sporting results of my great nation.

The hopes and dreams of the Great Italian Nation in 2017 rest with Big Dovi and the noble Ducati Corse motorcycle racing team.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wirth1000 posted:

A lot of you guys may not have watched F1 during the Schuey domination of the early to mid 2000s but you all sure as poo poo were around for Vettels streak so lmao that apparently now F1 is now dead and gone.

Ywah sure ok there bud

Rbr is garbage
Scuderia Ferrari is the greatest team in the history of motosports.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

DoctorGonzo posted:

Rbr is garbage
Scuderia Ferrari is the greatest team in the history of motosports.

Your av leads me to believe that I should question the veracity of your posts.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Lance Stroll is the Great White Hope

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Every day I pray so that Lewis, Ron, Paddy and Martin come back to McLaren and win all the races

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

1500quidporsche posted:

The hopes and dreams of the Great Italian Nation in 2017 rest with Big Dovi and the noble Ducati Corse motorcycle racing team.

He is boring and I don't feel strongly about him but if he wins he will be my best friend.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Weird how Ferrari is the only Italian racing team or driver that sucks. All the others are p cool.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Lol if Honda get their poo poo together next year. Alonso officially cursed.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

wicka posted:

Weird how Ferrari is the only Italian racing team or driver that sucks. All the others are p cool.

Trulli can go gently caress himself.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

Are you talking about the same Jarno Trulli who used to roam around Indy on his motorcycle during the USGP? Or a different Trulli?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wicka posted:

Reported for racism

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Actually the Ferrari is a much better car than the Merc. It's faster on every circuit, usually by several seconds.

Thankfully Lewis is a #megadriver giving everything for his country and his princess, who was murdered in the EU, to defeat the cheaters and frauds.

poty fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Sep 4, 2017

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Gigi Galli posted:

Whoa, whoa, hey, come on... why?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX0SnXMDR1U

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Wirth1000 posted:

Ywah sure ok there bud

Been watching since the late 70's bro. Yeah this is a boring season

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Been watching since the late 70's bro. Yeah this is a boring season

My point isn't that this is a boring season. My point is that F1 isn't dead and isn't anywhere close to being dead and if anything is on the up and up.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

This has been the best of the V6 Hybrid years and is not boring.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Thanks Ants posted:

Lol if Honda get their poo poo together next year. Alonso officially cursed.

Mad Max starts talking poo poo about RBR, kicked down to the farm team
Max Verstappen 2018 WDC in a Honda Toro Rosso
Alonso goes to run the Indy 500, doesn't come back

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Skarsnik posted:

This threads short memory about what an unbearable little poo poo Vettel was amazes me sometimes

Swap HAM and VET in the race this weekend and it would have been the greatest race of all time apparently

It's quickly becoming apparent that bad race = thread hivemind favourite driver didn't win and shame on you for disagreeing

This is so true, and sad. As an objective neutral spectator, it was a great race. Definitely in the top 6 for this season.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I like Alonso, but I think you guys seem to be ignoring that he won two WDCs with cheat cars, so the fact that he hasn't won a championship since pretty much solidifies his position as a massive fraud.

Stroll, however, probably has a good 20 years in the sport and will probably earn multiple WDCs once he unlocks his true skill.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Norns posted:

This has been the best of the V6 Hybrid years and is not boring.

Yah, with the exception of the Italian and Belgian grands prix its been pretty good.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Skarsnik posted:

This threads short memory about what an unbearable little poo poo Vettel was amazes me sometimes

Swap HAM and VET in the race this weekend and it would have been the greatest race of all time apparently

It's quickly becoming apparent that bad race = thread hivemind favourite driver didn't win and shame on you for disagreeing

actually op lewis is just bad

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Wirth1000 posted:

Whoa, whoa, hey, come on... why?

I am an idiot and was thinking about timo glock, whoops!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Marlboro is still a sponsor but they're not allowed to advertise?

Its not like Ferrari would stop being red if they stopped paying them. I don't get it.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Gigi Galli posted:

I am an idiot and was thinking about timo glock, whoops!

If I was Italian I'd be embarrassed to make this sort of mistake.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

I like Alonso, but I think you guys seem to be ignoring that he won two WDCs with cheat cars, so the fact that he hasn't won a championship since pretty much solidifies his position as a massive fraud.

Stroll, however, probably has a good 20 years in the sport and will probably earn multiple WDCs once he unlocks his true skill.

Don't you DARE say anything that starts with mass and ends with dampers!!!

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Mods?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Actually Palmer is the best driver on the grid.

at SUCKING

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

All title-winning F1 cars are at least adjacent to cheating.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

iospace posted:

Actually Palmer is the best driver on the grid.

at SUCKING

Mods?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The argument for the tuned mass damper ban was retarded in my opinion.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Those sound great

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

wicka posted:

All title-winning F1 cars are at least adjacent to cheating.

Cheating well (the good type of cheating like double diffusers, not the bad kind like photocopying other teams documents in a Xerox shop) has always been a staple of F1. It's why I smirked a bit when someone suggested Honda should just outright cheat to win. If they can't make an engine that doesn't grenade itself after 5 laps they sure as hell don't have the required intelligence to build a decent cheat into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I'd love to ride in one of these, although the view looks poo poo :cheeky:

• Locked thread