Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I settled on a 5l for my Searing Touch on my chieftan because gently caress it the last socket would be Empower and I don't have the currency to get one at level 3 or care enough to level one manually.

Also I may have splurged 20c on a Skin of Lords with the color setup I needed for my latest project because a cheap 6l with +1 gem level and +100% global defenses (to offset the armor itself having nothing) is pretty rad.

For the curious my latest project is one I've been brainstorming for a month now. Trickster Trypanon CoC Bladefall/EK. With Trickster's Walk the Aether I can reserve 100% of my mana on Double Herald + Hatred plus I'll get some nice evasion survivability boosts and free frenzy charges. If I had to patience to save currency for ages I'd want to upgrade the body armor to either a 6l Queen of the Forest for a big movespeed boost with some nice resists or a Kintsugi for large burst hit insurance.

Main skill setup is Cyclone - Cast on Crit - Ethereal Knives - Bladefall - Controlled Destruction - Life Leech. EK has the threshold jewel making it a nova. You can replace Controlled Destruction with Concentrated Effect for a bigger damage boost but I didn't like the small cyclone range. Life Leech along with Vaal Pact gives a ton of survivability since you have knives flying everywhere constantly.

Long term goal is to get a Sin's Rebirth flask for a good survivability flask that'll also give a good damage boost. Cheap flasks I have now are a Rotgut which gives a near permanent movespeed boost since my constant crits keep it topped off and an Atziri's Promise for a good damage boosting flask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Not even sure how to price this; there are no others on poe.trade or even comparable rare amulets. And no one would probably search for it directly.

I'll s your d

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Craig K posted:

*blink*

*blink*

lol

Sup fellow koams buddy

Now vaal it

Bitch

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Dennis McClaren posted:

Christ, just look at the math involved in trying to understand curse damage - https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Curse
This is why so many times I just :shrug: at this game wondering how I'm supposed to interpret so much info on a skill/item

Anyway, outside of bosses, regular mobs can be affected by how many curses simultaneously?

Don't worry about the details imo. Let path of building think about that for you.

And by default everything can have one curse active, although there are items and things on the skill tree that can let you get a few more up, things like dodres damning or cospris will.

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"
How does the interaction between essence drain and contagion work? Which should you toss out into enemies first?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

GaistHeidegger posted:

How does the interaction between essence drain and contagion work? Which should you toss out into enemies first?

You want the first enemy to die to have both on it so they spread around based on the contagion aoe. Usually if I'm a little ways from the pack I cast ED first then contagion, if I'm close then contagion first.

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"

MMF Freeway posted:

You want the first enemy to die to have both on it so they spread around based on the contagion aoe. Usually if I'm a little ways from the pack I cast ED first then contagion, if I'm close then contagion first.

Thank you!

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
God, it's 2017 and I have to keep stat gear in my stash so that I can wear the hat that lets me equip itself.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Or you could take a +30 stat node or jewel and save yourself the hassle for a (likely) not very significant DPS loss. Or just get one with your stat requirements (which PoE trade lets you limit by) if it's not a unique.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
I'd rather swap rings to change the sockets on my hat than spend respec points every time.

The issue is that if you're 20 Dex short for wearing an item that gives you 20+ Dex the game doesn't figure out that you can wear the item.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Dennis McClaren posted:

Christ, just look at the math involved in trying to understand curse damage - https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Curse
This is why so many times I just :shrug: at this game wondering how I'm supposed to interpret so much info on a skill/item

By learning. The game does not hand you everything in the text.

quote:

Anyway, outside of bosses, regular mobs can be affected by how many curses simultaneously?

Both are the same of course, 1.

You need passives or items with +1 curse to get more than that.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
Is it just me or does the archer feel like she doesn't do a lot of damage? Also, question for y'all on pc. Can you move while shooting?

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

beaner69 posted:

Is it just me or does the archer feel like she doesn't do a lot of damage? Also, question for y'all on pc. Can you move while shooting?
I'm guessing you're a new player? The really early game is slow for every class because the basic attack sucks. Once you start getting more skills you'll be tearing through monster packs in no time.

There's no way to move while shooting as far as I know.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
DBK where you at

Help me price this thing

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Well start by bless rolling that 17% to 20%

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Well start by bless rolling that 17% to 20%

Look at this guy thinking they go to 20

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
3-4 ex

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
What the heck is "added curse effect"? I thought there was only increased, reduced, more, and less.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

whydirt posted:

Look at this guy thinking they go to 20

Woops, was thinking of the melee ones.

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005
Did you guys know that Healthy Mind will generate more ES on a mana Guardian than Energy from WIthin? Well I certainly figured that now just now, immediately after spending 60c on two EfW.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

We sort of discussed this in guild earlier, but I lost track of it. As far as a Bisco's-wearing elewander goes, is Pathfinder still the best thing running? Or are Raider or Ascendant (deadeye/occultist) not too far behind?

Also, do elewanders go crit or noncrit as a rule?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

We sort of discussed this in guild earlier, but I lost track of it. As far as a Bisco's-wearing elewander goes, is Pathfinder still the best thing running? Or are Raider or Ascendant (deadeye/occultist) not too far behind?

Also, do elewanders go crit or noncrit as a rule?

Wanders always go crit. As for the class its up to personal choice/budget. Scion (Ele/Deadeye) is reflect immune. Pathfinder gets Dying Sun + Vinktar benefits. Raider can go fast n get max dodge.

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
So what's the trick to not getting insta-killed in PoE? I gave up on my first character (crit strike lightning witch) and made a lifesteal-tanking Berserker, which got me past act 10 and into maps. But now I literally can't even level up because random mobs instakill me with elemental damage I have max 75% resistance to. I lose more XP in maps than I gain because the most durable build I could make is too fragile. How do I survive this poo poo?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Doc Walrus posted:

So what's the trick to not getting insta-killed in PoE? I gave up on my first character (crit strike lightning witch) and made a lifesteal-tanking Berserker, which got me past act 10 and into maps. But now I literally can't even level up because random mobs instakill me with elemental damage I have max 75% resistance to. I lose more XP in maps than I gain because the most durable build I could make is too fragile. How do I survive this poo poo?

get more than 4k life.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Doc Walrus posted:

post your character? you need 3,5k life to start mapping., zerker should have 6k to do everything up to t16

edit: this will be like the third time someone that goes zerker without VP amirite?

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

I'm having a vaguely similar issue with red maps. I'm doing the alch + vaal for the bonus, I have 5.3 HP + MoM and I tend to get deleted really easily.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

flasks

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Which ones would you recommend? I don't have much armor or evasion to speak of, right now I'm using a jade (in addition to the usual seething/quicksilver/ruby for RF).

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

vOv posted:

Which ones would you recommend? I don't have much armor or evasion to speak of, right now I'm using a jade (in addition to the usual seething/quicksilver/ruby for RF).

witchfire and rumi's are both pretty big for survivability on RF. witchfire for both making you kill things quicker and blinding everything, rumi's for the big flat def + block %s.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

vOv posted:

Which RF SR build are you? Also you're kinda on the lower end HP wise for an RF build.

Kild fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Sep 4, 2017

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Flask use is one of those things that seems minor but is actually huge to your survivability. Learning to proactively use my flasks and use them as often as possible is what made me stop having spontaneous explosions so often.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Are there any builds out there besides ancestral warchief berserker that are tanky enough to comfortably do full key uber lab runs, that also have enough damage to do uber atziri? Trying to avoid playing that again but it does seem to be the best build that comes to mind for what I'm looking to do.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Kild posted:

Which RF SR build are you? Also you're kinda on the lower end HP wise for an RF build.

I'm doing a homebrewed Trickster build. I know it's low on HP but I don't have a good life necklace yet and I haven't really noticed TTK problems.

vOv fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Sep 4, 2017

Jbz
Jun 6, 2011

Since there seems to be guild room again, could one of you nerds invite me.

MannyMeatSweats

e- rip guess its full, ive been owned again

Jbz fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Sep 4, 2017

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

J posted:

Are there any builds out there besides ancestral warchief berserker that are tanky enough to comfortably do full key uber lab runs, that also have enough damage to do uber atziri? Trying to avoid playing that again but it does seem to be the best build that comes to mind for what I'm looking to do.

LL RF+SR is one such build.

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
Yikes, I only have 2300 HP. I guess I'll refund some damage passives and see how much HP I can get.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Flask use is one of those things that seems minor but is actually huge to your survivability. Learning to proactively use my flasks and use them as often as possible is what made me stop having spontaneous explosions so often.

yeah this. i always slack on getting my flasks for some reason and didn't until like 84 on this guy when i was pushing through yellows and it was a night and day difference in dropping dead when charging into big packs.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Are there any builds out there that use Wrath? I feel like I see a bunch of Hatred and the occasional Anger for fire-heavy builds, but even lightning builds don't seem to use Wrath much.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

wanders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Doc Walrus posted:

Yikes, I only have 2300 HP. I guess I'll refund some damage passives and see how much HP I can get.

check your gear first fam