Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

NT is, at its very core, a team fighting game designed to catch a piece of that sweet sweet Gundam Versus money. If any of those descriptors don't inherently appeal to you, you're not gonna like it.

It's not like it ever advertised itself as anything else.

This. Do not expect a traditional single-player RPG mode from NT. There is a leveling system but all it does is unlock HP attacks and cosmetics. Honestly I was hoping for some kind of Classic Dissidia mode, but I think the 3v3 thing is interesting enough to pick up the game for despite how unnatural I think it feels to play now. If you're not into the team aspect at all or you tried the Beta and it just turned you off, I don't think the full game is going to change your opinion.

SonicRulez posted:

I'm very glad to have found this post. I agree with everything here. Which is really sad because I loving LOVED the original Dissidia. I put easily 400+ hours into it. This is not that. Beyond everything you've mentioned, they've changed some properties that I don't like. Like the inability to dash through weak projectiles. Squall's Fated/Aerial Circle doesn't home in like it used to and that's loving me up as much as the O/X switch. I keep doing the move just short and it's embarrassing. Also apparently Squall has the ability to trigger like in FF8, but I have no idea how you're meant to pull that off.

Since the system is a bit obtuse and everyone is bad, I've had matches end in like 60 seconds. Both winning and losing. I have hope, but I'm not all that impressed with the gameplay involved. It looks very pretty and I want to like it, but that's about it.

- For what it's worth, I have been attacked through Tornado as Terra. I don't know yet if it's something only specific characters/attacks can do, or if Tornado isn't nearly as good as I want it to be, but some attacks will definitely go through projectile attacks.

- Only thing I can say about Fated Circle is either save it for a Wall Rush, nail someone in a team mate's Brave combo, or just try to sneak up on someone who's focusing on someone else. It is large enough to hit through a Summoning Crystal and it has a p quick startup, both of which can catch enemies off guard.

- Trigger is done by continuing the Brave combo at the right time (I think it's as the attack connects, just like in FF8), with I think a 3-frame window. The first hit of a combo can't be triggered, but the rest can.

- I wholeheartedly agree that I think the game looks very nice and I want to like it, but right now it feels off which is partly due to my unfamiliarity with the new gameplay (and having to force myself to remember what X and O do :mad:). I am optimistic about it though, and plan on picking it up on release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Vanrushal posted:

and having to force myself to remember what X and O do :mad:

Why not just switch the button config on the PS4 (via the accessibility tab in settings)? Some people I know already do it when they switch between JP/ENG versions and you can quickly turn it on and off.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!
I did not know that that was a thing! I'll check that out, thanks!

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Yeah, but then won't I have to menu with the buttons switched?

I will say I'm glad to hear that there are things to unlock. I would say a fair number of the characters I've tried don't have access to the HP move that I like best from the previous games. I'm pretty likely to pick it up on release because I give 90% of my income to Square-Enix on general principle, but I'm hoping that playing it more will make it feel more fun. My disappointment with 012 and NT is that neither feels like the sequel I asked for. That doesn't make them bad, just...not right?

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
Yeah it'll make all the menu's switched. I'm not bothered by it given that I grew up using both Nintendo-style and Sony-NA-style so I find it weird only for a couple of seconds myself.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Damnit, I wish I actually enjoyed MMORPGs.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I enjoyed FFXIV when I played it but I think made a mistake of trying to clear absolutely every content on hardest difficulty. Some of the bosses are simply too tough with randoms so I gave up on Ramuh Extreme

I think I should've focused on the story more

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

It's always impressive how this went from one of the worst MMOs of all time to one of the best.

Now where's the Mystic Quest patch.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Delita and Ramza....!!!!!!

Well, while this dashes some hopes that Lea Monde will appear (though who the gently caress knows) this is some serious deep vault poo poo. FFT remains a landmark title for Square, from its golden age no less. Early PSX Square could do no wrong.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Mega64 posted:

SE should bite the bullet and pay some random person to use their fanfiction as Dissidia's story.

are you sure that isn't what they already did

or are you just incredibly sad you can't play as Iscar Matthias

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

Mega64 posted:

It's always impressive how this went from one of the worst MMOs of all time to one of the best.

Now where's the Mystic Quest patch.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

I thought that was Balthier at first and I was really confused. Maybe if the view of Ramza's butt wasn't blocked it would be more recognizable.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Saint Freak posted:

I thought that was Balthier at first and I was really confused. Maybe if the view of Ramza's butt wasn't blocked it would be more recognizable.

The stupid rat-tail hair is a dead giveaway.

Its like somebody wanted to draw him with short hair and then decided he should bolt-on a ponytail later.

E: Wait, why did they make Ramza a woman in Dissidia?!?

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

guess who's back
back again
ramza's back
tell your friends

Barudak
May 7, 2007

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

guess who's back
back again
ramza's back
tell your friends

Id rather not be killed for heresy

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

guess who's back
back again
ramza's back
tell your friends

gently caress yeah butt pants

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

guess who's back
back again
ramza's back
scream at friends

ftfy

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQGWY5tMZB8

I really do wonder who came to Tabata with this idea first

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

I know that's supposed to be him shrugging, but as a kid I always thought he was cupping his hands all "come oooon"

As if he were just as bemused by the choices made in the game as I was.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Tae posted:

I forgot that Noct's last moments with his dad was him being a brat.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It's actually impressive how bad The After Years is, takes real effort to gently caress up such a simple thing.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

precision posted:

It's actually impressive how bad The After Years is, takes real effort to gently caress up such a simple thing.

Let's literally rehash all the same dungeons, add a bunch of throw-away unmemorable mediocre characters that can never hope to keep up or match our original cast, and add a moon system that only exists to force you into rotating your party members when the phase makes them useless.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Tae posted:

I'm impressed that with their limited processing power they still had the ability to lovingly render Cindy's bazooms in their full glory.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Tae posted:

i want 13 in this style

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Looks pretty good for what it is. I'd like older FF games in that style.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
They all look pretty cute, but Gladdy Daddy is just..... wot?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

he's flipping you off

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

funko fantasy

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

What is everyone's favorite versions of the FF V / VI / IX soundtrack or specific songs?

I enjoy the piano collection of VI, but a lot of good songs aren't on it. Looking for other arrangements either done through OC Remix or official releases.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Harlock posted:

What is everyone's favorite versions of the FF V / VI / IX soundtrack or specific songs?

I enjoy the piano collection of VI, but a lot of good songs aren't on it. Looking for other arrangements either done through OC Remix or official releases.

I like the Black Mages and some people don't, but if you like them, I enjoy their versions of Clash on the Big Bridge and The Decisive Battle

For VI, the OCRemix album is full of hits/misses as usual, but I like

A Fistful of Nickels
Go-Go Gadget Gonkulator
The Narshemellow
De Nuit
Camp Kefka
Train Suplex
A Simple Flip Can Change Fate

This remix from Zircon is a great mix of a couple different VI songs and is one of my favourites.

I don't remember what concert it's from but one of the FF concerts at one point did an awesome live version of the opera from VI and you can probably find that somewhere.

For the FF9 OCRemix album, there's

Vamo alla Django
A Rose in the Storm
Four Score and Six-Eight
Arxidopita

for the IX Piano collections, pretty much all of them are good, but my standouts are

Daguerreo
Eternal Harvest
You're Not Alone
Melodies of Life
Treno

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nTm2DosnqE

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Can't believe I'm saying this but the FFXV Assassin's Creed DLC was pretty drat enjoyable. You get to warp around one of the major cities and at the end there's one of the biggest setpieces of the game.

Most of the time you run around the rooftops doing sidequests while assassinating magitec soldiers. There's also a lot of new banter from all the boys, especially Noctis and Prompto.

Also I think this might be the first FF to let you run around a city with a chocobo.

Not bad for free DLC, if you can ignore the fact it's a giant AC commercial.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Sep 5, 2017

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

avatar + post combo they're even the same tempo

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Mega64 that avatar is reaching new lows even for you

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
How come no one ever phrases the spoiler as "Jenova Life Form kills Aeris"

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
alys dies

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

The White Dragon posted:

alys Jared dies

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

How come no one ever phrases the spoiler as "Jenova Life Form kills Aeris"

Nobody has ever actually played FFVII, theyve only learned the plot from the spinoff titles and from fanfiction stories

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Barudak posted:

Nobody has ever actually played FFVII, theyve only learned the plot from the spinoff titles and from fanfiction stories

yuffie kills aeris. sephiroth was trying to block the pinwheel