Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
I knew that beautiful not-bird was gonna save the day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
That was... lovely. Good job mangaka, because those last few pages had me laughing for half a minute in real life.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

THE TRUE HERO TAKES THE STAGE

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Dude...
Party fowl.

FTFY

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
I love Piwi's Big Adventure.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
HELCK: Piwi's Big Adventure

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Getting a lot of not founds from the bato site.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that's been my experience every time I take a link to that site. after a while I stopped bothering entirely

YamataNoOrochi
Oct 24, 2005

Batoto breaks links if a new/updated version of a chapter is uploaded, and also hides anything older than like a month behind that pseudo 404 error if you aren't logged in, which is dumb as all hell.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

y'know I always kinda figured that not having an account had something to do with it but assumed that was too stupid to be true

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
They made that change last year to discourage bots that would scrape the chapters withing minutes, add watermarks, and put them on other for-profit sites. It was as much a "let's protect scanlators' wishes" decision as it was a "holy hell there's too much bot traffic taxing our servers" decision.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

They made that change last year to discourage bots that would scrape the chapters withing minutes, add watermarks, and put them on other for-profit sites. It was as much a "let's protect scanlators' wishes" decision as it was a "holy hell there's too much bot traffic taxing our servers" decision.

Sometimes it makes for hilarious things, though. Somebody has been uploading Sonichu to batoto and it is now finding its way onto other manga sites due to bots.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Yeah, they said it doesn't stop all the bots, but it cuts traffic from bots down.

Also not sure how that's hilarious?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well ir depends if you know sonichu

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Nalin posted:

Sometimes it makes for hilarious things, though. Somebody has been uploading Sonichu to batoto and it is now finding its way onto other manga sites due to bots.

lmao

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Helck/Ch-100-002--Message--002-?id=382907

I knew Piwi was a Godly Being of some sort. In this case, he's simply anathema to evil, it seems. Also, I thought the mysterious witch lady was Vamirio from the future, but seems she's an entirely different person.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Captain Invictus posted:

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Helck/Ch-100-002--Message--002-?id=382907

I knew Piwi was a Godly Being of some sort. In this case, he's simply anathema to evil, it seems. Also, I thought the mysterious witch lady was Vamirio from the future, but seems she's an entirely different person.

It sounds like she's her Aunt or something and didn't really let anyone know it/about her since she just wanted to chill out on an island or whatever.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Huh, so Vamirio is like Annie from Gunnerkrigg Court. Didn't see that coming, but it makes a lot of sense!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it was very clear that the witch was not vamirio as soon as the side stories featuring her came out.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

havenwaters posted:

It sounds like she's her Aunt or something and didn't really let anyone know it/about her since she just wanted to chill out on an island or whatever.

Yeah it's totally her aunt

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Either aunt or great-aunt or great-great-aunt or something, depending on how many generations have passed (the witch's the first Red Heavenly Dragon's sister, and I don't think it was mentioned which number Anne is). Still a relative though.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Piuy is not a bird! Piuy is a...moss???

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Piwi is Makar

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Piwi is the best!

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Genocyber posted:

Piuy is not a bird! Piuy is a...moss???

...Well. She did say he was a moss during her side story after all.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Is this the first time Yggdrasil is referenced in this story?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Coffee Mugshot posted:

Is this the first time Yggdrasil is referenced in this story?

Anne's twig is from Yggdrasil iirc.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Please rename thread to PIUY (and Anne and some nobody named Helck or something) :colbert:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I can't claim to be the one who spotted this, but if you have a second re-read chapter 32.

http://bato.to/reader#1ccc97170615d3b8

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Agronox posted:

I can't claim to be the one who spotted this, but if you have a second re-read chapter 32.

http://bato.to/reader#1ccc97170615d3b8

Post the panels

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Piwi was humming and it calmed down Helck vs that shadow knight

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Aurora posted:

Piwi was humming and it calmed down Helck vs that shadow knight

Yeah. So Piwi's powers were not only foreshadowed, they were pretty much explicit! But when you first read it you think Piwi is singing to calm himself down and Helck just beat the poo poo out of the other guy.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
That was the exact moment I called Piwi was gonna save world.

I have been believing in Piwi for a long time.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Lurking Haro posted:

Anne's twig is from Yggdrasil iirc.

Which is especially hilarious because when it was introduced everyone thought it was just a little kid imagining a wand or something, and it turns out that it's an insanely powerful magical artifact.

I liked those adventures we saw of younger Vamirio.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
HELCK:

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
What was "He lost his pointer and greatly shrank." about? Is Piwi supposed to have a pointer on his head? He's a good notbird either way.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Megafunk posted:

What was "He lost his pointer and greatly shrank." about? Is Piwi supposed to have a pointer on his head? He's a good notbird either way.

I guess it has something to do with the fact that the large piwi-like thing has a big pointy head.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm guessing we're gonna see Ratatosk at some point.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

RabidWeasel posted:

I guess it has something to do with the fact that the large piwi-like thing has a big pointy head.

Maybe Anne can put her stick on his head and he'll become super powerful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
as we saw from the witch chapters, piwi never had a pointer unlike his sweeping-enthusiast kin.

• Locked thread