Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

I wish I would have kept the twitch stream of someone I killed and you can hear him rage out and throw something heavy against the wall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

cvnvcnv posted:

I think that was Jackson?

no sadly it wasn't, but I do remember that gif. It was WYL lol

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I wish I still had the capture of that streamer running full 6 stack for IB when we matched them at the exact moment a bunch of my buddies were (unbeknownst to me) randomly in the streamer's twitch feed trolling him.

Xzzy and I went wild on the dude and bone krew dunked on his stomp streak, and there was much hootin and hollerin during and then after lmao

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Don't forget to play the Destiny 1 epilogue mission before you uninstall!!

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Don't forget to play the Destiny 1 epilogue mission before you uninstall!!

????

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
i think he's referring to a dumb hoax that some redditors fell for, where someone posted that bungie was going to release one final D1 mission with new assets (red legion, etc)

redditors are gullible motherfuckers

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I wish I still had the capture of that streamer running full 6 stack for IB when we matched them at the exact moment a bunch of my buddies were (unbeknownst to me) randomly in the streamer's twitch feed trolling him.

Xzzy and I went wild on the dude and bone krew dunked on his stomp streak, and there was much hootin and hollerin during and then after lmao

Ive watched some destiny streams lately and there are some people who really seem to think they're good at destiny, and I feel like its mostly because there are other good people on the streamers nuts usually

idk I really like the idea of streaming for my friends or something, but past that, there seems like a lot of sad people streaming

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

eonwe posted:

Ive watched some destiny streams lately and there are some people who really seem to think they're good at destiny, and I feel like its mostly because there are other good people on the streamers nuts usually

idk I really like the idea of streaming for my friends or something, but past that, there seems like a lot of sad people streaming

all the streamers I've faced solo are pretty garbage without their full stack to watch their flanks when sniping or to funnel people into their proper engagement distance

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
What's the content of D2 vs. D1 + all the DLC's? I saw someone say that Destiny 2 has more content than 1 + all the DLCs, but I'm not sure if they were bullshitting or not

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

89 posted:

What's the content of D2 vs. D1 + all the DLC's? I saw someone say that Destiny 2 has more content than 1 + all the DLCs, but I'm not sure if they were bullshitting or not

No comparison. D2 appears to be about identical to Vanilla.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

No comparison. D2 appears to be about identical to Vanilla.

D2 should be a lot more sustainable than D1 was at launch at the very least. That game was very threadbare in its 1.0 incarnation.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Since this is an online game, if the place I ordered it from has dispatched it and it arrives tomorrow before the release on Wednesday, will I be able to play it or will it all just go online when it officially releases?

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Sep 4, 2017

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

D2 should be a lot more sustainable than D1 was at launch at the very least. That game was very threadbare in its 1.0 incarnation.

That's a good point. From the sound of things, the List of Activities is similar (number of missions, strikes, etc) but the progression system is smarter and there is more reason to keep doing the things.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

There are three studios making Destiny content now: Bungie, Vicarious Visions, and High Moon Studios, all because Activision wasn't happy with how slow content was getting out into Destiny 1. Whether having three studios making strikes or whatever will actually show results is yet to be seen.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I bought vanilla Destiny and sunk a good 30-50 hours into it. Then, I bought the DLC's and played them for just a few hours :shrug:. So, I feel like I'm gonna be missing out on a lot from my terrible spending habits in buying all that DLC and not playing it.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

thebardyspoon posted:

Since this is an online game, if the place I ordered it from has dispatched it and it arrives tomorrow before the release on Wednesday, will I be able to play it or will it all just go online when it officially releases?

Destiny 2 servers go live midnight Wednesday New Zealand time. If you have a physical copy after that you can play.

Stores aren't supposed to sell copies until midnight or 11pm their country's time and digital copies are blocked from launching until midnight their country's time, but if you got lucky with a phys copy before then, go nuts!

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

qbert posted:

Destiny 2 servers go live midnight Wednesday New Zealand time. If you have a physical copy after that you can play.

Stores aren't supposed to sell copies until midnight or 11pm their country's time and digital copies are blocked from launching until midnight their country's time, but if you got lucky with a phys copy before then, go nuts!

Neat, I'm in the UK and Amazon has said it's dispatched it already. I've never gotten a game early from them but loads of my coworkers have in the past so hopefully I get lucky this time.

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

thebardyspoon posted:

Neat, I'm in the UK and Amazon has said it's dispatched it already. I've never gotten a game early from them but loads of my coworkers have in the past so hopefully I get lucky this time.

I'm in the UK and simplygames say they dispatched my copy first thing this morning. So if I'm reading this right, and our copies turn up tomorrow, we can start playing at noon?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

No -----> Sorry, you cannot play D2
Yes -----> Congratulations, you may play D2

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Pop this in the mother-hecking OP!!

Guardians... Guardians... GUARDIANS!! HOOOOOO!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4LpnhdumQA

allsizesfitone
May 7, 2007
People never notice anything.
Sent a request to join [KINK] as therealmhumble to shoot dudes with goons

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

deadwing posted:

all the streamers I've faced solo are pretty garbage without their full stack to watch their flanks when sniping or to funnel people into their proper engagement distance

I mean yeah this is true but you eventually get EXTREMELY good at playing with a squad that isn't tactically retarded.

When I was playing with bone krew and saw someone like wrecks at point X, I knew what he was doing and that he wouldn't push too far forward and if he went down that meant big trouble.

When you play solo you can't make those kind of judgments

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Cultural Marxist posted:

I'm in the UK and simplygames say they dispatched my copy first thing this morning. So if I'm reading this right, and our copies turn up tomorrow, we can start playing at noon?

Yeah, pretty sure Bungie has never region locked their servers. They just rely on PSN, Live, and retailers not letting people have access to the game until midnight.

Keep in mind that whenever you get your physical copy you still have to download a 6gb Day 1 patch before you can start playing.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

eonwe posted:

There are a few very good players out there that are on some other level that makes it look like they are playing a different game. But yeah, mostly it's all stack skill.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

cvnvcnv posted:

IS IT WEDNESDAY WHERE YOU ARE?

Technically it's "Is it Wednesday in any part of your country"

Lucky Hawaiian bastards get to log on at like 7pm tomorrow.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

cvnvcnv posted:

IS IT WEDNESDAY WHERE YOU ARE?

on the pacific coast, get to play at 9pm tuesday :smug:

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Mikey-San posted:

on the pacific coast, get to play at 9pm tuesday :smug:

:respek:

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Vintersorg posted:

lol this rules

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Vintersorg posted:

oh my jesus shaxx on a tank

Subbz
Nov 4, 2008
Any idea if the UK is using EU time for release? It's treated as EU for some things but UK for others.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

qbert posted:

Yeah, pretty sure Bungie has never region locked their servers. They just rely on PSN, Live, and retailers not letting people have access to the game until midnight.

Keep in mind that whenever you get your physical copy you still have to download a 6gb Day 1 patch before you can start playing.

Another advantage of the digital preorder. My game has been updating several times since the preload started.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
https://i.imgur.com/bCdmjOH.gifv

excuse the ridiculous nade toss. I ran 2 sensitivity and Frostee's threw me off like crazy.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
When I see clips like that, all I can think is "why did dude #3 just decide to be 10 seconds away from the 2v1 fight"

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

When I see clips like that, all I can think is "why did dude #3 just decide to be 10 seconds away from the 2v1 fight"

3v3 burning shrine its advantageous to run the the map with a 2:1 split if you have inside spawn since 99% of time outside spawn camps against the sun. We split outside as well but my team decided to wipe inside. That lone titan just took too long to wrap around through outside cap.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Wait how is this game not released on Tuesday like every other dumb game?

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

Ultimate Mango posted:

Wait how is this game not released on Tuesday like every other dumb game?

Labor weekend most likely. Bungie probably doesn't want to launch a game right after a holiday weekend.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/RLqtmxd.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/N8A8A9Q.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/LIiNyM3.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/8kvjee6.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/SPogyOf.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/6fUL6lE.gifv

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

A good pun is like a good steak: A rare medium well done
Getting this for Xbox One and down to play with goons. Gamertag: TimeTarantula

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

:discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Vintersorg posted:

Stolen For the other thread.