Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Who is this person? I watch a ton of Polygon youtube stuff and I don't recall him.

He wrote reviews and other stuff

I don't watch any of the video stuff, he probably didn't do any of that

https://www.polygon.com/forums/meta/2017/8/7/16106898/new-things

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Sep 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
sooooooo... how many of you others are also getting paid by george soros *raises paw*

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'm kind of disappointed Please Retweet stuck with the Toad instead of asking other companies to retweet similar edits.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Sega, retweet this Sonic the Hedgehog with the juiciest rear end possible.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Bogart posted:

Wait a minute, this is a regular Sonic picture!

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
It's the new Polygon thread.

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!!!

*every smooth-brained chud failson with strong opinions on games journalism kramers in for a HUGE self-owning contest*

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Guy Mann posted:

It's the new Polygon thread.

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!!!

*every smooth-brained chud failson with strong opinions on games journalism kramers in for a HUGE self-owning contest*
i too have listened to chapo once

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Actually it's about ethics in videogame journalists DMs

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

how about the new EP of TPS everyone?

it's good, they cover Catherine and Ashley has started playing Persona 5 for a second 100 hour playthrough. Allegra's multi screen habits are briefly addressed.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
I sometimes do two things at once, especially a podcast while playing a game. But I have no idea how Allegra manages that. I would go insane having two TV shows on at once, let alone having other screens going as well.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
A) she's a Sherlock Holmes level supergenius, or B) she barely pays attention to any of the things she's doing

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i don't follow anything about polygon but i like griffin mcelroy's voice so i'm listening to his nuzlock run while i play Guild of Dungeoneering thx OP

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

precision posted:

i don't follow anything about polygon but i like griffin mcelroy's voice so i'm listening to his nuzlock run while i play Guild of Dungeoneering thx OP

You're welcome, friend

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Not Operator posted:

A) she's a Sherlock Holmes level supergenius, or B) she barely pays attention to any of the things she's doing

I mean, yeah, I figure she's tuning out most of it. That's just so much audio input.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Don't just discount option a.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

listening to Besties and it really sounds like Russ secretly hates Chris Plante

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

Where do you get that?

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

Ah, taking inspiration for post style from the Giant Bomb thread I see

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
This seems like The Verge, where I enjoy the YouTube content but can't stand the actual site because it's like two Microsoft-related posts and a whine about Trump.

I thought without Arthur Gies that maybe Polygon will improve, but they're still using inflammatory titles that kick people in their lizard brain and provoke them to post hot take reaction comments. I visited to be greeted with an article called "You Should Buy Destiny 2 on the PS4" when the actual content of the article feels like "There's Some Disadvantages To Destiny 2 On PC, Here They Are."

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Bogart posted:

I think Sega, or at least the Sonic social media team, is way more easygoing when it comes to interacting with fans in good humor, so I don't think this one will be as much of a challenge.

Nintendo posting a regular-rear end picture of Toad, like, the day a new episode of Please Retweet came out was one of my favorite things about this, though, so maybe Sega'd play along in the same way.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Awful Squad is streamin'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSWI7viJvfQ

Serf
May 5, 2011

The fact that Russ is covering the Destiny 2 stuff right now and not Griffin is a real shame.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Does Awful Squad start at a scheduled time, or do I have to be watching Justin's twitter?

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

It's nice to see Simone and Travis bonding over their badness.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Does Awful Squad start at a scheduled time, or do I have to be watching Justin's twitter?

They usually start 1100 PST on Tuesdays but sometimes its a bit later.
Sucks because it's juuuuust late enough that I can't play a couple rounds.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

They've been posting new Monster Factory stuff on Facebook that isn't going on YouTube, if you're in for that.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Russ casting Travis as the first Tower Climber because he resembles Shaggy from Scooby Doo is pretty clever. This was a neat episode. They're never dull but this was one a lot of fun. Griffin's efforts at setting up a boss level were really endearing. Dude just can't help but commit to a joke.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
A new video series? Video Game Theater: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTbIBclBkNE

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

You expect me to kern when I'm dropping bullets on the floor?
I guffawed.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I know in not saying anything new here, but Simone's laugh is loving wild.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Goddamn, how does a human being laugh like that? It's like a record being spun backwards. I love it.

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

I think its an ingressive laugh?? Like she does it while breathing in

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Like, I understand that for the usual one or two quick honks that she usually does, but the one at the end of this one is something else entirely.

Serf
May 5, 2011

timp posted:

A new video series? Video Game Theater: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTbIBclBkNE

I like the Polygon logo at the end there with the "Affiliated with SEO - MF - PRT" bit.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

The Tetris Theatre clip in the credits destroyed me.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

The best non series polygon videos are:

American Truck Sim
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXxfabOa_Gg

Who's Your Daddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b3ImVxhA34

and Girl's Club
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASwnEtMF3fo

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

I sometimes do two things at once, especially a podcast while playing a game. But I have no idea how Allegra manages that. I would go insane having two TV shows on at once, let alone having other screens going as well.

I'm still working my way through the early episodes and I caught myself getting a bit spergy about Allegra mispronouncing a few characters' names, but then I realized that of course she has no idea how their names are pronounced, she's probably never heard them over the cacophony of two TV shows and whatever else. Video games must be a purely visual experience to her.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Someone on this dumb forum must be qualified enough to make silly videos with the McElroys (and Russ)

https://twitter.com/justinmcelroy/status/906180326124376065

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

This week's Polygon Show is out, and if any of you want to know which of the ladies is mostly to write self-insert LOTR fanfiction, you're in luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Colonel Whitey posted:

Someone on this dumb forum must be qualified enough to make silly videos with the McElroys (and Russ)

https://twitter.com/justinmcelroy/status/906180326124376065

I like this bit:
> Experience in improv comedy or theater (yes, and ...)

I think that's a lot about what makes MBMBAM and TAZ great.