Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Polygon is a video game journalism company owned by Vox Media. Apparently they review games and write walkthroughs or something, but this thread is mostly about their entertainment content, which includes several weekly shows on YouTube and a web show/podcast, The Polygon Show.

https://twitter.com/Pizza_Suplex/status/963467735396167682

CURRENT PROGRAMMING

The Polygon Show

Four cool ladies talk about current video game news and which Overwatch player they want to kiss the most.
UPDATE: As of 10/12/17 The Polygon Show has pivoted to video! Look for streams on Twitter, Thursdays at 5:00 PM EST.

Awful Squad

A bunch of idiots try to play PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds.

Game Ogre

"Long ago, Pat and Simone were cursed by a powerful game wizard. Now at the wizard's cruel whim, they transform into a lumbering, two-headed beast, and must overcome challenging game trials lest they ever remain...GAME OGRE." - Justin McElroy's narration in the intro

WEEK IN REVUE

Polygon's newest hire Brian David Gilbert (BDG) provides a one minute long recap of weekly game news in rhyming couplet form every Friday.

Monster Factory

Griffin and Justin McElroy use character creation engines to create their own precious children.

Video Game Theatre

Simone, Pat, and others from the Polygon crew reenact (in)famous cutscenes from classic video games.

The Besties

Monthly show in which Griffin and Justin are joined by Chris Plante and Russ to discuss the best games released that month. Audio only, also has a podcast feed if that's your thing

Let's Play the Baseball Game

Allegra and Pat watch every opening video in a particular series such as Kingdom Hearts or Crash Bandicoot. Gets its name from this ridiculous song.

BACK CATALOG

Please Retweet - Producer Pat tries to get Nintendo's official twitter account to retweet his very good picture of Toad.

SEO Play - Host Simone asks all the hard hitting questions the internet has to offer about new games.

Griffin's Amiibo Corner - Griffin McElroy reviews every aspect of Nintendo's lovable collectibles, Amiibos.

Pokemon Y Nuzlocke run - Pokemon Y run done with Nuzlocke rules applied by Griffin McElroy, featuring live commentary.

PeaceCraft - Griffin tries to complete various tasks as a pacifist gnome named Raandyy in World of Warcraft. Lots of fan interaction as the series progresses.

Car Boys - Perhaps one of Polygon's most popular series but not often discussed anymore due to the inclusion of now-pariah Nick Robinson. If you're able to get past that, there's a lot of very funny content in this series and even a great conclusion.

Touch the Skyrim - Another Griffin + Nick collabo joint. Also very funny but due to how horny it gets about mid run paired with the fact that Nick Robinson co-hosts, it hasn't aged particularly well.

CoolGames Inc - Nick + Griffin again. A weekly video game design podcast that is now decidedly ended, but there are some funny animations of some of the highlights in this playlist.

FINALLY, I'D LIKE TO LEAVE YOU WITH THIS VERY GOOD PICTURE OF TOAD:

Jan. 22 edit: Added Game Ogre and WEEK IN REVUE, moved SEO Play to the back catalog.

timp fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Feb 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Simone, the best Polygoner, needs to make more SEO Plays immediately.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Are you in the Pat Pack or are you a Friend of Simone?

Orv
May 4, 2011
The gently caress is this.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I heard Nick Robinson was a creep is it true, thread?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Snooze Cruise posted:

Are you in the Pat Pack or are you a Friend of Simone?

I didn't know I would have to choose between the two, but I guess I'll go with Simone. Her laugh is the best part of the website, and she made that neat noise with her butt in the last Pool Games Inc.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Nick Robinson wants your women

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

I wanted to post it at full size but someone would get mad about it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

which one of these people will creep on women next, taking bets

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Paul Zuvella posted:

yes

thank you folks that's all we're good on that subject

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Cool Games Inc is a really good show

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

omg chael crash posted:

Cool Games Inc is a really good show
Was.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Stroop There It Is posted:

Boy howdy that sure is a really good picture of Toad

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Stroop There It Is posted:

That's a really good Toad.

SpaceParrot
Jul 18, 2006

Suggested thread theme music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlaVJcsjuEw

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Is there a new adventure zone this week or is it next week?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Toad Talks is legitimately one of the funniest things on the internet

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Thanks for the partial OP credit. :hfive:

inferis posted:

Is there a new adventure zone this week or is it next week?

Now you're being a butt.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Endorph posted:

plot twist, one of the women will

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FD-uwu847Q

never forget

(carboys is good poo poo though)

Orv
May 4, 2011

Pound_Coin posted:

never forget

The most entertaining thing Polygon has made.

(The McElroy brothers not withstanding since they're not as lovely as the rest of that place. Or at all, really.)

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Pound_Coin posted:

never forget

Do we know who was at the helm of this doom video? It's so loving funny, it would be a good gimmick for all their gameplay videos to be like that

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Colonel Whitey posted:

Do we know who was at the helm of this doom video? It's so loving funny, it would be a good gimmick for all their gameplay videos to be like that

Arthur Gies, who is leaving so Polygon is close to becoming a fully good site (Ben Kuchera needs to leave before it's 100% pure)

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Arthur already left I believe, Sonic Mania was his last review.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Paul Zuvella posted:

to give a little more detail, since I have a weird feeling this is gonna come back up otherwise:

yes. very very yes. he had a seriously bad reputation for that poo poo among game devs, they just never said anything because they didn't want to gently caress up their relationship with Polygon. then he crapped on Overcooked on twitter and the floodgates opened, because many of those devs just didn't want to loving deal with him anymore regardless of how it affected their relationship with Polygon. Polygon fired his rear end almost immediately and we don't talk about Car Boys anymore, the end.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Endorph posted:

The pasty white one. Either gender.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

jesus loving chirst is there anything that doesn't milkshake duck

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Pound_Coin posted:

jesus loving chirst is there anything that doesn't milkshake duck

I have never heard a bad word said about Mr. Rogers, and a lot of good words from people who only encountered him casually.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

to give a little more detail, since I have a weird feeling this is gonna come back up otherwise:

yes. very very yes. he had a seriously bad reputation for that poo poo among game devs, they just never said anything because they didn't want to gently caress up their relationship with Polygon. then he crapped on Overcooked on twitter and the floodgates opened, because many of those devs just didn't want to loving deal with him anymore regardless of how it affected their relationship with Polygon. Polygon fired his rear end almost immediately and we don't talk about Car Boys anymore, the end.

Touch the Skyrim will never be finished either. :(

DLC Inc posted:

Arthur Gies, who is leaving so Polygon is close to becoming a fully good site (Ben Kuchera needs to leave before it's 100% pure)

Gies always struck as the type to ask why we couldn't talk to the demons so this makes perfect sense to me.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

1stGear posted:

Touch the Skyrim will never be finished either. :(

Well the last episode has them literally breaking Skyrim, and having to open the console to progress every quest.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Is this the thread where I poo poo on Polygon for liking games and having feelings?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Gumball Gumption posted:

Is this the thread where I poo poo on Polygon for liking games and having feelings?

Yes, also the place to ask questions about former Polygon staffer Nick Robinson

Seriously though, I expect at least a little bit of Nick chat - obviously it's certainly on topic for this thread - but I'm hoping that sooner rather than later we can all just, y'know...move on. The whole thing is lovely, let's just put it behind us and focus on the man who will carry Nick's workload going forward: Patrick Gill Russ Frushtick

:smith:

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

timp posted:

Yes, also the place to ask questions about former Polygon staffer Nick Robinson

Seriously though, I expect at least a little bit of Nick chat - obviously it's certainly on topic for this thread - but I'm hoping that sooner rather than later we can all just, y'know...move on. The whole thing is lovely, let's just put it behind us and focus on the man who will carry Nick's workload going forward: Patrick Gill Russ Frushtick

:smith:

I don't even get why Russ seems to be Griffin's new go to. It's cool to see a bunch of new video content from him now that he's lost several shows from his workload, but he doesn't even have a good report with Russ. Not that many people could.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Everyone should watch Pat and Simone's stream of Human Fall Flat to hear about the worst thing that ever happened to Pat, or anyone ever.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n1Nw4To64Gc

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Simone and Allegra playing Tetris is the best because Simone doesn't slowly lose it; she start out having irreparably lost her it, and things go downhill from there. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbm5W3NGBio

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Why isn't Touch the Skyrim in the OP?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Roach Warehouse posted:

Everyone should watch Pat and Simone's stream of Human Fall Flat to hear about the worst thing that ever happened to Pat, or anyone ever.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n1Nw4To64Gc

Around minute 4 Simone makes a joke about her and Nick shopping around a series where they play Peggle called "Get Pegged with Nick and Simone" that does not feel good in hindsight.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Which one shoved the joycon up his rear end?

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

timp posted:

Russ Frushtick

maybe i'm insane, but i've grown to love his agent of lovely chaos gimmick he does on every video. him loving up griffin's swings in everybody golf was hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

maybe i'm insane, but i've grown to love his agent of lovely chaos gimmick he does on every video. him loving up griffin's swings in everybody golf was hilarious.

I just hate his whimpering voice.
I'd rather see Parm doing that bit but completely straight, acting naive and innocent.