Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
For the Greater Good only allows units that are within 6" of the unit being charged to communal overwatch, so if he was daisy chaining units together to get overwatch envelope he was basically cheating. Unless literally his entire list was within 6" of that one drone unit, in which case. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Xarlaxas posted:

Of course, if you're not too worried about getting the *full* value, selling it as one lot (with a reasonable reserve price) might be good, and, from a hobbyist perspective, it would be kinda sad to see such a nice army split apart.

this is the true answer

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Strobe posted:

For the Greater Good only allows units that are within 6" of the unit being charged to communal overwatch, so if he was daisy chaining units together to get overwatch envelope he was basically cheating. Unless literally his entire list was within 6" of that one drone unit, in which case. :shrug:

The drone unit was in a big long line around 18" long, and everything was within 6" of that. I was hitting it on one end and the ta'unar on the other got to fire full overwatch (except the burst cannons that were out of range). I can't really fault his gameplay, I just felt like the mechanics and the points values that make drones significantly better to take as a giant horde than fire warriors or battlesuits create unfun gameplay.

E: Part of the issue might be that the ta'unar gets the battlesuit keyword, so it benefits from savior protocols. If it didn't I might've actually been able to do something to it.

Gilgameshback
May 18, 2010

Booley posted:

The drone unit was in a big long line around 18" long, and everything was within 6" of that. I was hitting it on one end and the ta'unar on the other got to fire full overwatch (except the burst cannons that were out of range). I can't really fault his gameplay, I just felt like the mechanics and the points values that make drones significantly better to take as a giant horde than fire warriors or battlesuits create unfun gameplay.

E: Part of the issue might be that the ta'unar gets the battlesuit keyword, so it benefits from savior protocols. If it didn't I might've actually been able to do something to it.

Drones act independently after deployment, so I don't think they ever count as a unit. By my understanding Greater Good should measure from that particular drone, not the group.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Gilgameshback posted:

Drones act independently after deployment, so I don't think they ever count as a unit. By my understanding Greater Good should measure from that particular drone, not the group.

Drones that are attached to a unit split into their own unit after deployment. A Drone Team (Fast Attack slot) is definitely a unit.

Gilgameshback
May 18, 2010

Strobe posted:

Drones that are attached to a unit split into their own unit after deployment. A Drone Team (Fast Attack slot) is definitely a unit.

God I hate Tau.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
They're also not very durable at all at T4 and 4+ save. It's 100% better to just burn down most of the drones than it is to engage battlesuits as long as they're protected. They don't last long.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Strobe posted:

They're also not very durable at all at T4 and 4+ save. It's 100% better to just burn down most of the drones than it is to engage battlesuits as long as they're protected. They don't last long.

Sure, they're easy enough to kill, but that's still 30+ wounds I need to put on things before I even have a chance of hurting the big suits, while he's able to shoot my antitank from turn 1. And he can put the drones in Los blocking cover so I have to put wounds on the big suits in order to hit them. Maybe a different mission with more objectives would've worked, but it's loving demoralizing to go an entire game doing a grand total of 0 wounds to anything other than drones.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The Sex Cannon posted:

what a rollercoaster

so NOVA was fun. Got to hang with a great selection of goons, went 6-1 (thought the 1 was real bad) and ended up with 3rd place out of the Humanity side of the Narrative. Got to take home a bunch of free stuff, and got to make a bunch of new friends. SRM and I are doing a Novacast 2017 this week to talk about it. Should be out on Friday.

Get those games in, fuckboiz. We need to purge the galaxy of anime.

Glad it was awesome. Hopefully I can join in next year.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
For a Drone to do Savior Protocol it has to be within... what is it, 2" of the target? You can burn them out of support range if you concentrate enough fire. Savior Protocool is by model and not by unit, so he can't kill off a drone that's 10" away, he has to take one from very close to the suit. It's very easy to run out of those while keeping them all in cover.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Strobe posted:

For a Drone to do Savior Protocol it has to be within... what is it, 2" of the target? You can burn them out of support range if you concentrate enough fire. Savior Protocool is by model and not by unit, so he can't kill off a drone that's 10" away, he has to take one from very close to the suit. It's very easy to run out of those while keeping them all in cover.

Nope. Unless it changed in the faq "if a drones unit is within 3" of a friendly tau empire infantry or battlesuit unit, you can choose to allocate any wounds to the drones instead of the target unit."

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

Booley posted:

Nope. Unless it changed in the faq "if a drones unit is within 3" of a friendly tau empire infantry or battlesuit unit, you can choose to allocate any wounds to the drones instead of the target unit."

I'm just C&Ping the FAQ here for simplicity sake, I dont actually know/understand if this changes anything:

Pages 53, 56, 57, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 and 74 – Saviour Protocols
Change this rule to read:
‘Saviour Protocols: If a <Sept> Drones unit is within 3" of a friendly <Sept> Infantry or <Sept> Battlesuit unit when an enemy attack successfully wounds it, you can allocate that wound to the Drones unit instead of the target. If you do, that Drones unit suffers a mortal wound instead of the normal damage.’

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

Booley posted:

I just got done with the single most frustrating game of 40k I think I've ever played. 2500 points, my blood angels against tau.

My list:
Librarian Dread
Primaris Lieutenant

Terminator squad
Relic Sicaran Venator
Aggressor squad
Relic Contemptor Dread

2x 10-man assault squads w/ 2x melta

Spartan

Fire Raptor

His list:
2x quad fusion commanders w/ 2x shield drones
triple cyclic ion blaster commander w/ 2x shield drones
cadre fire blade w/ 2x shield drones

36 drones, a mix of marker, gun and shield.

Y'varha battlesuit (w/ 2x shielded missile drones)

ta'unar supremacy armor w/ tri-axis ion cannon and pulse ordnance multidriver

I killed about a dozen drones total before I was down to just my aggressors and lieutenant. He stole the initiative and managed to use the commanders to kill both my librarian and contemptor dread straight off, and the ta'unar + y'varha killed the spartan, which then killed 3 of my terminators as they tried to disembark. On my turn I shot things, but he just put everything I managed to do onto the drones. It felt like having any multi-damage weapons was entirely pointless since they'd just kill a single drone. My assault squads took 1 of the two objectives I'd need to win (we were playing the konor mission), and the second squad tried to assault one of his drone squads on a second objective and promptly got overwatched by literally every unit in his army, killing all 10 of them. His turn 2 he killed off the sicaran, fire raptor, and second assault squad.

I know that tau ate a nerf from 7th, but I've never played a game that I felt quite so powerless to actually accomplish anything in.

I had a game like this at NOVA. No supremacy armor, but pretty much the same everywhere else. I quit on turn 2. He had stealthsuits, and they can drop homing beacons that let battlesuits deep strike within 1" of my dudes. I did not know this was a thing, so I really lost the game in the deployment phase. His turn one destroyed 700-800 points, and he combat locked everything else that could have done anything. It was not a fun game, not even a little bit.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Glad it was awesome. Hopefully I can join in next year.

I hope you can, too. We have a great group of people that have been doing the narrative for years now, and it's a really cool experience.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

The Sex Cannon posted:

I had a game like this at NOVA. No supremacy armor, but pretty much the same everywhere else. I quit on turn 2. He had stealthsuits, and they can drop homing beacons that let battlesuits deep strike within 1" of my dudes. I did not know this was a thing, so I really lost the game in the deployment phase. His turn one destroyed 700-800 points, and he combat locked everything else that could have done anything. It was not a fun game, not even a little bit.

I think it's because it feels incredibly one sided and that there's no coubterplay. Last week I had a game against thousand sons that I lost first turn when magnus saved every single thing fired at him, including 10 successful lascannon wounds. It was annoying, but it this frustrating, because I could see how better dice rolls or changed tactics could beat it. Against this, he had a screen of drones that make lascannons completely worthless until they're all dead, and all my lascannons will be dead before his drones are gone. And they work in melee so I can't even punch things to death. I think the taunar is undercosted too, it was doing significantly more damage than a Warhound for 300pts less.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

I'm sure there's a way to beat that list, and maybe with repeated playings you could figure it out. I've requested a re-match against the Tau player I was talking about, because I think I can take him now that I know what his poo poo does!

Forge world stuff, like the Tau'Nar, is undercosted bullshit across the board, and I wouldn't fault you for choosing not to play against a list with any in it.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

I'm just C&Ping the FAQ here for simplicity sake, I dont actually know/understand if this changes anything:

Pages 53, 56, 57, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 and 74 – Saviour Protocols
Change this rule to read:
‘Saviour Protocols: If a <Sept> Drones unit is within 3" of a friendly <Sept> Infantry or <Sept> Battlesuit unit when an enemy attack successfully wounds it, you can allocate that wound to the Drones unit instead of the target. If you do, that Drones unit suffers a mortal wound instead of the normal damage.’

It means the FNP on Shield drones actually has effect now, whereas before you transferred the wounds instead.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

The Sex Cannon posted:

I'm sure there's a way to beat that list, and maybe with repeated playings you could figure it out. I've requested a re-match against the Tau player I was talking about, because I think I can take him now that I know what his poo poo does!

Forge world stuff, like the Tau'Nar, is undercosted bullshit across the board, and I wouldn't fault you for choosing not to play against a list with any in it.

I mean my list is full of forgeworld, but I try to avoid using the undercosted stuff. The relic contemptor seems fairly reasonable, as does the spartan and sicaran venator. I've mostly stopped using my leviathan since it's way better than it's points. I'd just feel bad using forgeworld and telling him not to. I may try to rematch that list in a few weeks once I get a few asscan razorbacks and a land raider crusader painted up, but I'm not confident that would change anything against that drone blob.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Maybe not. Maybe add some some terminators? Nasty CC infantry of any flavor will do well against suits.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

The Sex Cannon posted:

Maybe not. Maybe add some some terminators? Nasty CC infantry of any flavor will do well against suits.

Yeah, I had one squad that I expected to do well if they could get there, but out of 5 dice I rolled 3 1s (and had already command pointed that phase) for the disembark, and then the last 2 guys died to yvarna overwatch when i tried to charge it.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Didn't end up playing any 40k at dragoncon, mainly played battletech and a little bit of warmachine. Had a great time though. They had some pretty decent sized 40k tournaments going on, I just didn't have the time to take part in them and there wasn't a lot of open play going on.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

So I wanted to add some shooty to my Emperor's Children Fuckboi army and went and bought a Hellforged Leviathan Dreadnought. I was thinking of building it with the grav-flux and butcher cannon array. Anyone have experience with this thing on the table?

On paper the guns look ridiculous, but I want to have an idea of which arms to buy because I'm going to kitbash the gently caress out of this thing, and I don't plan on magnetizing it.

Also, anyone know where I can find some fun slaaneshi/chaos alternative bits? I have an idea of what I want to go for, but I don't know what's out there and I could miss out on some fun stuff. :ohdear:

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

The Sex Cannon posted:

what a rollercoaster

so NOVA was fun. Got to hang with a great selection of goons, went 6-1 (thought the 1 was real bad) and ended up with 3rd place out of the Humanity side of the Narrative. Got to take home a bunch of free stuff, and got to make a bunch of new friends. SRM and I are doing a Novacast 2017 this week to talk about it. Should be out on Friday.

It was cool meeting you and other goons- especially the drunk guy who still managed to play at 3x the speed of my sober brain!

I feel bad for only being around half the time, I had a few pressing issues at home coupled with the horrible idea to do night games (I somehow was expecting them to wrap up around midnight, not 3).

I guess next year I'll have to try for infamy again- during the doubles I killed 4 but just gave he points to my partner.

Nice showing though, I didn't see you much after the games would start but the two I went to I think I saw SRM about an hour after the start so I hope he didn't get turn-2-tabled...

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

The Sex Cannon posted:

SRM and I were talking to someone who knew him better and apparently he was just largely making up rules or conveniently​ forgetting rules when they didn't suit him, so you'll definitely have to know what his poo poo does.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Booley posted:

It felt like having any multi-damage weapons was entirely pointless since they'd just kill a single drone. My assault squads took 1 of the two objectives I'd need to win (we were playing the konor mission), and the second squad tried to assault one of his drone squads on a second objective and promptly got overwatched by literally every unit in his army, killing all 10 of them. His turn 2 he killed off the sicaran, fire raptor, and second assault squad.

I know that tau ate a nerf from 7th, but I've never played a game that I felt quite so powerless to actually accomplish anything in.

You're going to need high volume shots, instead of things like plasma and las, get some frag missile launchers (2D6 shots at S4) or just go nuts with a castellan missile launcher which gives you 72" and 2D6 S6 shots.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

MasterSlowPoke posted:

SRM and I were talking to someone who knew him better and apparently he was just largely making up rules or conveniently​ forgetting rules when they didn't suit him, so you'll definitely have to know what his poo poo does.

I have index xeno 2, so if you want me to type out any of the datasheets you think he'll use let me know.

OhDearGodNo posted:

You're going to need high volume shots, instead of things like plasma and las, get some frag missile launchers (2D6 shots at S4) or just go nuts with a castellan missile launcher which gives you 72" and 2D6 S6 shots.

Yeah I agree, 90% of the armies at my store are some version of space marine so I've been tending towards slightly higher damage. It's also worked well by letting me take out hostile tanks very quickly, letting mine run around on the board. Some missile launchers are definitely something I want to add for flexibility.

Booley fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Sep 5, 2017

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
Played a couple of games this weekend, and realized that I don't really enjoy the act of playing 40k. Don't get me wrong, 8th is a tectonic shift toward being a good game, and I love the social and hobby aspects of it, and I'm gonna continue to slam ham with pals as long as I live, but almost every game I play I end up getting insanely mad over trivial bullshit, and the optics on that are not great. Anyway, I'm resolved to care less about games, but still do more painting. This is what I got done today, 2 anti-tank Land Speeders:

Not great, but it's good to be painting again, and 3 hours isn't an unreasonable amount of time to have sunk into them.

The Sex Cannon posted:

SRM and I are doing a Novacast 2017 this week to talk about it. Should be out on Friday.

I'm way too lazy to email you about it, but we did a game on Saturday that was a solid win for the Fuckbois. My poo poo got ruined, but before the game TheChirurgeon and I kept arguing because we both wanted to be fuckbois, and we decided that whoever won got to claim allegiance. I only accepted this wager because my teammate, ShadowDaesh, is good, and TheChirurgeon's teammate Phil (I believe you played his Orks back in July), is a mondo dumbass, so I figured it'd be a slam dunk. Didn't work out, but for what it's worth, I wanted to be a 40k fuckboi, I'm just so bad at this game that I'm not allowed to be one anymore.

Anyway, I'm a badcast badboy now. :getin:

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
Next up: Tyranids.

These were mostly newer-ish models, or at least they were a bit easier to identify. Unpainted this army would go for around $300, so I'm thinking of asking closer to $500 since the paint job is actually pretty decent (although I'm very tempted to intercede and toss a coat of brown wash on the teeth).

Overview:

Closeups:

I'll try and post the Space Wolves and Orks tomorrow, but they're a bit more daunting.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

ANAmal.net posted:

Played a couple of games this weekend, and realized that I don't really enjoy the act of playing 40k. Don't get me wrong, 8th is a tectonic shift toward being a good game, and I love the social and hobby aspects of it, and I'm gonna continue to slam ham with pals as long as I live, but almost every game I play I end up getting insanely mad over trivial bullshit, and the optics on that are not great. Anyway, I'm resolved to care less about games, but still do more painting. This is what I got done today, 2 anti-tank Land Speeders:

Not great, but it's good to be painting again, and 3 hours isn't an unreasonable amount of time to have sunk into them.

I'm way too lazy to email you about it, but we did a game on Saturday that was a solid win for the Fuckbois. My poo poo got ruined, but before the game TheChirurgeon and I kept arguing because we both wanted to be fuckbois, and we decided that whoever won got to claim allegiance. I only accepted this wager because my teammate, ShadowDaesh, is good, and TheChirurgeon's teammate Phil (I believe you played his Orks back in July), is a mondo dumbass, so I figured it'd be a slam dunk. Didn't work out, but for what it's worth, I wanted to be a 40k fuckboi, I'm just so bad at this game that I'm not allowed to be one anymore.

Anyway, I'm a badcast badboy now. :getin:

What was the score of that game?

What's getting you upset in the games you're playing?

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

4 of us got together today to slam some 'hams for the new global campaign. Lets just say it was a good day to be a Badcast Badboi. Pictures, battle report, and erotic fanfiction coming soon!

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Aggressors are not in Index right? I'm not missing something? And I'm assuming that the point values for them are not online yet like GW said they would be?

Can someone tell me the point costs involved with these guys for matched play?

My workplace has MTG drafts that I play in and that's the only place I'll play that poo poo. I just sold about 6 drafts worth of rares and poo poo for $100 store credit. Bought aggressors and intercessors. I'm very pleased.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

DiHK posted:

Aggressors are not in Index right? I'm not missing something? And I'm assuming that the point values for them are not online yet like GW said they would be?

Can someone tell me the point costs involved with these guys for matched play?

My workplace has MTG drafts that I play in and that's the only place I'll play that poo poo. I just sold about 6 drafts worth of rares and poo poo for $100 store credit. Bought aggressors and intercessors. I'm very pleased.

Here's the PDF link.
https://www.games-workshop.com/reso...4_July_29th.pdf

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

The Sex Cannon posted:

What was the score of that game?

What's getting you upset in the games you're playing?

I don't exactly know the score, on account of I was hammered, but Daesh and I scooped at the end of turn 2, so it's pretty much maximum points for the fuckbois.

The things that get me to lose my poo poo are usually either

1. I forgot what the rules were, in which case I usually shut up and deal with it, but in this case it was my trying to rotate a rhino that had been boxed in, to pull it out of combat, and just getting salty when it didn't quite work (I couldn't get it more than an inch away on both sides - it was surrounded - and I'm not at panascope levels of blatantly cheating, to just fudge it).
2. Bad dice roles. Specifically: over-advance a unit of meltas into a Rhino, leaving them open but considering it worth the risk, only to have them all either miss or fail to wound. Not even that they didn't kill it: 2 missed, and the other 2 rolled 1s to wound, then I burned a command point and rolled another 1. In these situations I usually throw the dice away (again, many beers deep, and I do have a hundred identical dice, so throwing 2-3 of them in the trash is more performative than anything else).

There's a common denominator there, which is Too Much Beers, and it's always something that with a moment of reflection I know is stupid, but I get caught up in it and throw a shitfit over dumb stuff until I notice.

I'm not going to stop playing this dumb game, because it does own to paint models and talk poo poo at people, but being a dick about getting corncobbed is a little much, gotta stop doing that.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
On the subject of drinking too much and forgetting rules, quick reminder that Goonpocalypse V: Hung like parliament is taking place at Warhammer World this weekend. (Saturday 9th)

We are going to be playing normal games of eighth, we have a big Tau Research station table and the Shrine World (although at the moment we are 5 and I might email to say we don't need the Shrine World). Come and hang out. We are of varying skill levels and a nice bunch of guys, there is some really fantastic looking stuff coming this year.. If anyone is free please feel free to bring your models and jump on board. We can econtribute to the Badcast campaign and have long debates as to whether we are Fuckbois or Badbois.

Richyp, you posted a wee while back about coming down. That would be great. If you bring your son we shall have to all watch our language but he would be welcome too. I have taken some fairly big hammerings before, I can add a four-year old to my list of people who have beaten me at this silly game.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Artum posted:

gently caress it, use aggressors on principle of not encouraging forgeworlds utter bullshit.

The local cheeselords realised that the chaplain dreadnought can be screened by infantry and given the armour indomitus, and the worst part is I'm the one picking it up for him.

I'm planning to use 6 flamer Aggressors and Vulkan He'Stan as a wrecking machine for my Bigly Salamanders, just because it seems like something they'd do, and they're powerflamerfist bros.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Wait, can you not rotate vehicles any more? If so, I missed that.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The Sex Cannon posted:

I hope you can, too. We have a great group of people that have been doing the narrative for years now, and it's a really cool experience.

For sure! I even expect to have an army painted! The Goon Chapter Challenge got me sufficiently inspired that I am going to do a complete army of Regal Skulls, and it looks like the scheme will be fairly quick and super rewarding.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

PantsOptional posted:

Wait, can you not rotate vehicles any more? If so, I missed that.

If you fall back, you have to end your movement outside of 1" from your opponent's models. If they bubble wrap you such that you can't possibly move/rotate and create a 1" gap, you can't fall back and will remain in close combat.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

ANAmal.net posted:

I don't exactly know the score, on account of I was hammered, but Daesh and I scooped at the end of turn 2, so it's pretty much maximum points for the fuckbois.

The things that get me to lose my poo poo are usually either

1. I forgot what the rules were, in which case I usually shut up and deal with it, but in this case it was my trying to rotate a rhino that had been boxed in, to pull it out of combat, and just getting salty when it didn't quite work (I couldn't get it more than an inch away on both sides - it was surrounded - and I'm not at panascope levels of blatantly cheating, to just fudge it).
2. Bad dice roles. Specifically: over-advance a unit of meltas into a Rhino, leaving them open but considering it worth the risk, only to have them all either miss or fail to wound. Not even that they didn't kill it: 2 missed, and the other 2 rolled 1s to wound, then I burned a command point and rolled another 1. In these situations I usually throw the dice away (again, many beers deep, and I do have a hundred identical dice, so throwing 2-3 of them in the trash is more performative than anything else).

There's a common denominator there, which is Too Much Beers, and it's always something that with a moment of reflection I know is stupid, but I get caught up in it and throw a shitfit over dumb stuff until I notice.

I'm not going to stop playing this dumb game, because it does own to paint models and talk poo poo at people, but being a dick about getting corncobbed is a little much, gotta stop doing that.

It sounds like drinking is the problem here, not 40k.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

JackMack posted:

On the subject of drinking too much and forgetting rules, quick reminder that Goonpocalypse V: Hung like parliament is taking place at Warhammer World this weekend. (Saturday 9th)

We are going to be playing normal games of eighth, we have a big Tau Research station table and the Shrine World (although at the moment we are 5 and I might email to say we don't need the Shrine World). Come and hang out. We are of varying skill levels and a nice bunch of guys, there is some really fantastic looking stuff coming this year.. If anyone is free please feel free to bring your models and jump on board. We can econtribute to the Badcast campaign and have long debates as to whether we are Fuckbois or Badbois.

Richyp, you posted a wee while back about coming down. That would be great. If you bring your son we shall have to all watch our language but he would be welcome too. I have taken some fairly big hammerings before, I can add a four-year old to my list of people who have beaten me at this silly game.

Sounds awesome, and I was all set until I found out we'd agreed to take him to the Zoo on Saturday as a reward for (hopefully) surviving his first week at school :/

If there's another trip planned this year though l'll be up for that. If not at the rate he keeps point stuff out in the local GW that I should paint, he'll want to come next year himself rather than go the Zoo anyway :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

goose willis posted:

Personally I'm not a fan boy and I agree they're a little bland but I like the low price point because they're a great source of proxy models and/or bits for conversions

They could be free and I wouldn't use them in Warhammer. Same way I wouldn't use 40K models in Infinity, mixing aesthetics is :vomarine: