Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

So you just paid $150 for a K-Wing but you still have money burning a hole straight through your pocket and into the meat of your upper thigh?

How about a $500 Miranda Doni Spot Gloss Plastic Promo from the Nova Open?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friction
Aug 15, 2001

IronSaber posted:

Last time I checked my FLGS, there were still some on the shelves.

Shall I see if I can retrieve a few for ya?

Thanks but I'm good :) More stock should be available later this week. I guess I'm not the only one trying to get 4 of these then, huh.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

AndyElusive posted:

So you just paid $150 for a K-Wing but you still have money burning a hole straight through your pocket and into the meat of your upper thigh?

How about a $500 Miranda Doni Spot Gloss Plastic Promo from the Nova Open?

I would need an actual K-wing first! :argh:

Okay, so question: I was flying against a kid with two K-wings a few nights ago, and his modus operandi was to Advanced SLAM away and drop bombs. I dodged most of them though, but doesn't performing an Advanced SLAM still require you to take a Weapons Disabled token? 'cause he was hammering me with his TLT's.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Doesn't matter how much that kid spent on his K-Wings, anything that ASLAMS gets a weapons disabled token.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

IronSaber posted:

I would need an actual K-wing first! :argh:

Okay, so question: I was flying against a kid with two K-wings a few nights ago, and his modus operandi was to Advanced SLAM away and drop bombs. I dodged most of them though, but doesn't performing an Advanced SLAM still require you to take a Weapons Disabled token? 'cause he was hammering me with his TLT's.

Yeah, SLAM 100% gets a weapons disabled, even if they have Advanced SLAM

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

AndyElusive posted:

Doesn't matter how much that kid spent on his K-Wings, anything that ASLAMS gets a weapons disabled token.

ConfusedUs posted:

Yeah, SLAM 100% gets a weapons disabled, even if they have Advanced SLAM

I fuckin' knew it. Well, it doesn't matter too much since I ended up winning on time.

Yeesh, that was worse than the time someone tried to convince me they could use Accuracy Corrector on bombs.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
RTFC, it's not that hard.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

The real reason why FFG includes so many reference cards in expansion packs is so you can give them to kids who try to eat your lunch during games like that.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

AndyElusive posted:

The real reason why FFG includes so many reference cards in expansion packs is so you can give them to kids who try to eat your lunch during games like that.

If only they included a reference card that said 'no loving poking poo poo in the middle of the game'. Seriously, I'm more than happy for kids to enjoy board games, as long as their parents teach them not to cheat outfuckingrageously.

Happylisk
May 19, 2004

Leisure Suit Barry '08
Is this at all viable? I know it's pretty vulnerable to an alpha strike list:

Scurrg H-6 Bomber: Captain Nym (50) Engine Upgrade (4) •Havoc (0) Veteran Instincts (1) Twin Laser Turret (6) Cruise Missiles (3) •Bomblet Generator (3) Advanced Sensors (3) •"Genius" (0)

E-Wing: •Corran Horn (48) Engine Upgrade (4) Push the Limit (3) Fire-Control System (2) •R2-D2 (4)

Total: 98/100

I'm considering taking this to my store's next casual tournie. If it's not a terrible idea, is it worth considering swapping FCS out for AS on Corran?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Happylisk posted:

Is this at all viable? I know it's pretty vulnerable to an alpha strike list:

Scurrg H-6 Bomber: Captain Nym (50) Engine Upgrade (4) •Havoc (0) Veteran Instincts (1) Twin Laser Turret (6) Cruise Missiles (3) •Bomblet Generator (3) Advanced Sensors (3) •"Genius" (0)

E-Wing: •Corran Horn (48) Engine Upgrade (4) Push the Limit (3) Fire-Control System (2) •R2-D2 (4)

Total: 98/100

I'm considering taking this to my store's next casual tournie. If it's not a terrible idea, is it worth considering swapping FCS out for AS on Corran?

Yup. Nathan Eide's current list., or something like it.

Basic tactic being kill enough stuff with Nym so that Corran can point fortress forever. The only thing I might change would be to swap the Cruise for a Plasma on Corran, he's much more likely to get a good shot in the opening engagement, especially with FCS.

In the current meta I also MUCH prefer Accuracy Corrector to AdvSens on Nym, especially TLT Nym.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Arquinsiel posted:

Went to dig out my stuff after basically ignoring the game since a tournament last October to find that I had somehow managed to misplace the card folder with all my pilot cards in it. Yay. Is there any point in sending a sob story email to FFG? Their CS portal seems to be pretty emphatic about not replacing lost parts.

It's not actually that big a collection, just 20 ships or so, and while even tournaments around here don't care I really dislike proxying.
VVVV
Quoting myself. I threw in a request just to see what happened and it turns out that Zach over at FFG/Asmodee support is a generous and kind person. He managed to set me up with a solid 2/3rds of what I lost, which for "my own stupid fault" is far more than I could hope for. I'm heading off to ebay to try fill in the rest but if any goons bought multiple TIE Interceptors, T-70 X-wings, Starvipers, or Inquisitor's TIEs for the upgrades and has spare unique pilots then I'm willing to pay and TBH I'd rather enable some goon to go further down the rabbit hole than line the pockets of some random ebay seller. I'm just going to have to deal with ebay for the YT-2400, the HWK-290 and the generic pilots. For shipping purposes I'm in Ireland.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Wow, I'm surprised and happy for you that they sent about 2/3 of your missing pilot cards. I honestly wouldn't have expected them to replace even 1/3 of them!

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
My collection is small so they only had to replace the core box and eight ships to get me that far. So small that since that convention I had bought nearly the same amount of stuff again and just never sorted it out because I was so busy. It is still far more than I had any right to expect and I am very grateful to them.

Happylisk
May 19, 2004

Leisure Suit Barry '08

thespaceinvader posted:

Yup. Nathan Eide's current list., or something like it.

Basic tactic being kill enough stuff with Nym so that Corran can point fortress forever. The only thing I might change would be to swap the Cruise for a Plasma on Corran, he's much more likely to get a good shot in the opening engagement, especially with FCS.

In the current meta I also MUCH prefer Accuracy Corrector to AdvSens on Nym, especially TLT Nym.

Thank you for the advice! I go back and forth between AS or AC on Nym. I'll put Plasmas on Corran which now that I think about it makes a lot of sense.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

It also makes him more expensive which is valuable when point fortressing.

Which is a horribly boring tactic and very draining over the course of a full tourney day by the by.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Arquinsiel posted:

Quoting myself. I threw in a request just to see what happened and it turns out that Zach over at FFG/Asmodee support is a generous and kind person. He managed to set me up with a solid 2/3rds of what I lost, which for "my own stupid fault" is far more than I could hope for. I'm heading off to ebay to try fill in the rest but if any goons bought multiple TIE Interceptors, T-70 X-wings, Starvipers, or Inquisitor's TIEs for the upgrades and has spare unique pilots then I'm willing to pay and TBH I'd rather enable some goon to go further down the rabbit hole than line the pockets of some random ebay seller. I'm just going to have to deal with ebay for the YT-2400, the HWK-290 and the generic pilots. For shipping purposes I'm in Ireland.

I've got a ton of spare unique pilots for Inquisitor's TIE's, StarVipers and T-70's. PM me which ones you'd like and where to send them.

*E* Well maybe not TONS, but I definitely have extras.

IronSaber fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Sep 4, 2017

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Any help is much appreciated man. See your PMs and let me know what I owe you.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I definitely have T-70 pilots, I may have Inq and Starviper pilots. I'll take a look at post back later.

What's the list of pilots you need?

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
IronSaber has me covered for the uniques from those ships, but I appreciate the offer. The rest of the ships aren't really the kind of thing that people buy multiples of.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Arquinsiel posted:

IronSaber has me covered for the uniques from those ships, but I appreciate the offer. The rest of the ships aren't really the kind of thing that people buy multiples of.

Sure, but when I play, I play with all proxies, so if you need any pilots, let me know.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Does anyone know if they're going to reprint any of the Imperial huge ships? I'd love to add a Raider or Assault carrier to my list. Assault carrier especially, because having 2 extra TIE fighters would be nice.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Some Numbers posted:

Sure, but when I play, I play with all proxies, so if you need any pilots, let me know.
Well since you're so kindly offering I've chucked you a PM.

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

Does anyone know if they're going to reprint any of the Imperial huge ships? I'd love to add a Raider or Assault carrier to my list. Assault carrier especially, because having 2 extra TIE fighters would be nice.
They're both shelfwarming at my FLGS, but they're at Euro prices which are non trivial.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Well, I pulled off a sorta one turn kill on an untouched ghost this past weekend.

6 die cruise missiles from N'Dru 3 hits and 3 crits

4 die cruise from Nym 3 hit 1 crit

and 4 die plasma torp 2 hit 2 crit

one was a double damage so got him down to 1 health. He was shook and landed on on a rock next turn while having a stunned pilot.

Suck my dick Biggs

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Nym, Ndru, Fenn?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Arquinsiel posted:

Hello I have a metric fuckton of spare unique TIE Interceptor (and other) pilots probably. Hit me up

Wapole Languray
Jul 4, 2012

Hey, there's a store tourney coming up near me and I'm wondering if I have the makings of a decent list anywhere in my collection? I fly rebels at the moment, and what I have is basically just made up of what the FLGS had on the shelves. Appearently our local distro is poo poo and is out of stock on tons of stuff.

1x FA Core
1x Heroes of the Resistance
1x YT-2400
1x ARC-170
1x A-Wing
1x T70 X-Wing
1x Sabine's Tie
1x Z-75 Headhunter

And in on-rebel ships:

1x Tie f/o
1x Starviper

I was thinking something like:

Poe (PTL+BB8+AutoThrust) + Nien Nunb (Stay on Target, Targeting Astro, Autothrust) t70's+ Cracken Z-95 Wingman.

or

Poe (PTL+BB8) + Dash Rendar (Heavy Laser Cannon/Outrider) or Rey (Gunner/Finn/Stay on Target)

Replace the 7-95 with Sabines Tie maybe, and the Poe with an ARC-170 with the fatty ships. Obviously will have other upgrades, but those would be the ones that define the ship.

I tried to make a triple T-70 but couldn't get anything to work right, or an ARC+two T70s, but the same.

Thoughts?

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...

Arquinsiel posted:

The rest of the ships aren't really the kind of thing that people buy multiples of.

Hahaha dont underestimate the collecting power of starwars nerds. Post what you still need.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

hoiyes posted:

Nym, Ndru, Fenn?

Nym, N'Dru and a Contracted scout

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

I'd like a raider and can't find any at reasonable prices. If you're in N.America, the assault carrier still seems to be going for regular retail on amazon, etc.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Recoome posted:

Hello I have a metric fuckton of spare unique TIE Interceptor (and other) pilots probably. Hit me up

Tequila Ranger posted:

Hahaha dont underestimate the collecting power of starwars nerds. Post what you still need.

IronSaber and Some Numbers have offered to sort me out with most of it at this point so I think I'm almost sorted. I'll bear it in mind though, thanks.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

After a cursory look, I don't have nearly as many pilot cards as I thought; I can't find a single Interceptor pilot.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Some Numbers posted:

After a cursory look, I don't have nearly as many pilot cards as I thought; I can't find a single Interceptor pilot.

2017XwingMeta.txt

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Well then here's the full list of cards left to get back to square one.

quote:

Alpha Squadron Pilot
Avenger Squadron Pilot
Baron of the Empire
Black Sun Enforcer
Black Sun Vigo
Blue Squadron Novice
Dash Rendar
Eaden Vrill
Fel's Wrath
Gold Squadron Pilot
Jan Ors
Kyle Katarn
Leebo
Rebel Operative
Red Squadron Veteran
Roark Garnet
Saber Squadron Pilot
Sienar Test Pilot
Soontir Fel
Turr Phennir
Wild Space Fringer

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I have a spare Soontir, Turr, and Fel's Wrath I can send you, PM me your address.

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.
I got two interceptors blisters, so i can spare any unique pilots from those. Also, if you want a gencon alt-art Baron of the Empire instead of normal, they were handing them out like candy, i can part with one or two.

No PMs, but i can hit you up on discord

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Where's the card generator? Cause I wanna turn this

Into either a boba pilot card, a boba crew card, or a homebrew crew card

(Boba's Bunny: If you can target another enemy you must shoot that ship instead as the bunny is too cute. 5pts)

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

bunnyofdoom posted:

Where's the card generator? Cause I wanna turn this

Into either a boba pilot card, a boba crew card, or a homebrew crew card

(Boba's Bunny: If you can target another enemy you must shoot that ship instead as the bunny is too cute. 5pts)

Make it an alt-art for inspiring recruit (remove two stress, awww)

Friction
Aug 15, 2001

Success! 4 Aggressors acquired. Time to fit some dank Tie Bombers.

In other news, what the hell to do with 8 TLTs - Become the most despised epic player ever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

• Locked thread