Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry
I looked at some hooks at our local supermarket and they were in the sales bin at 4.50€ each, and I eyed some of those stitch markers and needle caps at a yarn store but backed away at the 6.30€ per packet price.

This thing I just ordered is a really fine-looking set of crotchet hooks that comes with all you could ever want with your hooks; gauge measure, scissors, stitch holders, stitch markers, needles both bent and straight and it's 10,22€.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Loo...2311.0.0.Vy05d3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Any leads on a decent double din android receiver, or does a decent one not exist?

E: receiver as in car radio

Docahedron
May 11, 2008

Im a special snowflake

Sharpest Crayon posted:

I looked at some hooks at our local supermarket and they were in the sales bin at 4.50€ each, and I eyed some of those stitch markers and needle caps at a yarn store but backed away at the 6.30€ per packet price.

This thing I just ordered is a really fine-looking set of crotchet hooks that comes with all you could ever want with your hooks; gauge measure, scissors, stitch holders, stitch markers, needles both bent and straight and it's 10,22€.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Loo...2311.0.0.Vy05d3

It's seems nice but the hooks look pretty meh, they look like the garbage Boye? ones that Walmart sells. I much prefer Susan Bates but ymmv

Hopefully the rest of the fine array of crap isn't bad

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry

Docahedron posted:

It's seems nice but the hooks look pretty meh, they look like the garbage Boye? ones that Walmart sells. I much prefer Susan Bates but ymmv

I'm unfamiliar with both of those brands, but I'll report back when I get them in a month! All I'm hoping for is that they won't have any edges that stick to the yarn, I had that problem with one cheap set that I bought in a Proper Store. The green one kinda looks like the green crotchet hook that I inherited from grandma which I absolutely loved so I'm hoping against hope these will be like that. Or that at least I won't get lead poisoning from them.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Just ordered some dollar sports toe socks on Aliexpress.

I used to score brand named Injinji toe socks on Aliexpress for half of their retail price but they don't have them any more.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I could use some good cheap no show socks if anyone's tried especially good ones

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Snowy posted:

I could use some good cheap no show socks if anyone's tried especially good ones

http://s.aliexpress.com/YBFbmUnY

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Is the sale thing still on?

I'm looking for a new wallet and the one i like is $22 (down from $57) and i don't really like the idea of dropping more than $5

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr....4b24ae2b7qFSwH

Is the best one i've seen so far

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I love you

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

You must be seriously into heirloom tomatoes.:eyepop:

I work at a landscaping store that's starting to branch out into hydroponics (which is why they brought me on) and I've found asking people if they're growing "medicinal tomatoes" usually breaks the ice well.

To be honest I want to get another tent and grow spaghetti squash in it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Meskhenet posted:

Is the sale thing still on?

I'm looking for a new wallet and the one i like is $22 (down from $57) and i don't really like the idea of dropping more than $5

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr....4b24ae2b7qFSwH

Is the best one i've seen so far

If you want to buy a 22USD wallet, just go to a shop and I'm pretty sure you'll end up happier than if you spent it on Aliexpress.

e: Speaking as someone who has ordered wallets from on-line stores but is now the happy owner of a 20€ leather wallet made in Finland, bought from Citymarket.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

That's a huge wallet

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
The "new-bring" wallets are really nice.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

yoloer420 posted:

The "new-bring" wallets are really nice.

those are neat but it seems like they'd be inefficient if you have more than a couple of cards. I can't find the exact one I have anymore but it is this without the keychain part

https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32823189737.html?spm=a2g0n.search-cache.0.0.7f25570fOONPLB#autostay

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Has anyone bought an automatic soap dispenser like one of these: https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=130105&initiative_id=AS_20170903070529&SearchText=automatic+soap+dispenser

I'm constantly annoyed by having to squeeze out detergent when doing the dishes so that would be perfect if it worked well.

Sentient Data posted:

Any leads on a decent double din android receiver, or does a decent one not exist?

E: receiver as in car radio
Also curious if there is something that's not garbage. I hooked up my old tablet into the car but it never worked as well as I wish it did.
Ordered. I don't usually wear these small socks but at under the bucks, what the hell.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

those meat socks are what you get if you wear the previously-posted 'foot skin remover' slip on shoes for too long.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Amusing writeup of an inspired AliExpress grifter.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
"Deal With It" sunglasses

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

The glasses are very high quality and very popular around the
world, add your selfconfidence

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy

gently caress yeah, that's hilarious. I'm ordering a few for the nieces/nephews.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Meme shirt

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fre...sAbTest=ae803_2

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

:capitalism:

JointHorse
Feb 7, 2005

Lusus naturæ et exaltabitur cor eius.

Yams Fan

keevo posted:

Bought this flashlight a couple weeks ago and it finally came in yesterday -
http://s.aliexpress.com/MFFNBfQZ
[...]
You can select the color emitted by the flashlight. I probably should have gone with the white but this color is fine and works. I really just needed something bright.

Oh hey, I have the same model. I got mine from BG years ago, and it's been working great. It's one of the few flashlights that has a basic Low/Mid/High mode, and has a warning when the battery drops to 3 volts, which is great if you're using unprotected batteries e.g. laptop cells.
And seconding the color: I went with T5-5B 4000-4200K, and it's still quite orange/yellow. Especially on the lowest mode, it looks like an old flashlight that's running out of batteries :v:

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Very disappointed these are sold out

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Ended up ordering like 20 bucks worth of random crap with the socks. Also saw this charming mug:

A bit too expensive for a gag but could be a decent gift for your frenemy or something.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

I bought a pair of these last year, and holy crap, are they ever painful to put on. The squared edges of the arms really scrape up the side of your head / ears when you don them. I tried having them fall from above and land perfectly on me but no luck yet :v:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

I bought a pair of these last year, and holy crap, are they ever painful to put on.
Maybe you should just... deal with it.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

I bought a pair of these last year, and holy crap, are they ever painful to put on. The squared edges of the arms really scrape up the side of your head / ears when you don them. I tried having them fall from above and land perfectly on me but no luck yet :v:

Cheaper than 10 items usually have better price on ebay. i ebay searched deal with it glasses and ordered a pair for $2 shipped.

I probably will scratch up my face bloody but I save :3bux:

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Finally!!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
enemy of the state, crippling poverty, poverty?

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Lol

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I just found some amazing patches

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
poo poo those are right up there with

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Link?

And also God drat some sellers can whinge about a return. I've been buying "g15 glass" sunglasses and doing tests on them. One seller sent plastic lenses and WOULD NOT GIVE A REFUND, even after photos of me bending the lenses. Still only $6 but if you see any reviews from sunglasses sellers with my username they're legit.

I'm 4/5 on getting actual glass so far. I'm measuring thickness and lens edging quality. Surprised that most are good so far.

For 7 years I was a refracting optician, ABO/NCLE certified. I did the phoropter exam ("Which one is better, 1 or 2?") and made the lenses, or just edged the lenses in-house, depending on Rx.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

cyberia posted:

I just found some amazing patches

Pick posted:

poo poo those are right up there with

Holy poo poo these are great! Where's that wolf patch!?

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Wamdoodle posted:

Holy poo poo these are great! Where's that wolf patch!?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mot...2677398391.html

edit - look at these amazing wolf tees

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cool-Tee-Shirt-Men-Hungry-Like-The-Wolf-80-s-Music-Parody-T-Shirt-Men-Fashion/32788361789.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Tees-Hungry-like-two-Wolves-Hombre-Camisetas-Summer-T-Shirt-Teenage-Latest-Geek-T-Shirts/32814351799.html

cyberia fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Sep 6, 2017

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Welp, I bought one. Might make a good gift!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

myDad posted:

Welp, I bought one. Might make a good gift!

Same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Link?

And also God drat some sellers can whinge about a return. I've been buying "g15 glass" sunglasses and doing tests on them. One seller sent plastic lenses and WOULD NOT GIVE A REFUND, even after photos of me bending the lenses. Still only $6 but if you see any reviews from sunglasses sellers with my username they're legit.

I'm 4/5 on getting actual glass so far. I'm measuring thickness and lens edging quality. Surprised that most are good so far.

For 7 years I was a refracting optician, ABO/NCLE certified. I did the phoropter exam ("Which one is better, 1 or 2?") and made the lenses, or just edged the lenses in-house, depending on Rx.

I'd ask why you're policing glasses on aliexpress, but the important part is that you're doing the lords work, god bless