Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Joey Freshwater posted:

You can't help it can you?

Help what?

E: If you're referring to responding to jokes surrounding the super bowl, I apologize if I come off as a dick. Twitter has basically ruined me with literally, and I mean literally every Falcons team tweet, player tweet, mentions etc having a barrage of unoriginal jokes about 28-3, 25, 28-34, etc. I realize you all aren't the twidiots so I should just cut some slack. So apologies guys, don't mean to be a jerk. Been a long off-season :smith:

In actual news, Falcons cut Hageman.

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Sep 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
drat.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Falcons are really deep at undersized pass rusher.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Falcons are really deep at undersized pass rusher.

Better than undersized running backs.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Hey

HEY

Don't forget white

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Supposedly that dude that Seattle cut is good, maybe they'll take a look at him? Upshaw can fill the spot and the depth of the line is pretty deep so meh. Bust of a pick he was.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Hey, I'm an Australian who has never watched an NFL game in my life. My local pub is doing an NFL draft though and I get half priced meals all season and a free beer whenever my team wins.

I got the New Orleans Saints.

What do I need to know and how hosed am I? :v:

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

Sodomy Non Sapiens posted:

Hey, I'm an Australian who has never watched an NFL game in my life. My local pub is doing an NFL draft though and I get half priced meals all season and a free beer whenever my team wins.

Fairly. Then again use this as an opportunity to start watching NFL and join us other non Americans enjoying this silly sport. It's good actually

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Unless something goes reallllllly bad you'll probably get a free beer half the time

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

That's a pretty cool intro to the NFL. You could have done much worse than the Saints and they are fun to watch, lots of scoring. You arent hosed at all...you can count on 7 free beers this season. Enjoy!

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

weird Asian candy posted:

That's a pretty cool intro to the NFL. You could have done much worse than the Saints and they are fun to watch, lots of scoring. You arent hosed at all...you can count on 7 free beers this season. Enjoy!

:3:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Help what?

E: If you're referring to responding to jokes surrounding the super bowl, I apologize if I come off as a dick. Twitter has basically ruined me with literally, and I mean literally every Falcons team tweet, player tweet, mentions etc having a barrage of unoriginal jokes about 28-3, 25, 28-34, etc. I realize you all aren't the twidiots so I should just cut some slack. So apologies guys, don't mean to be a jerk. Been a long off-season :smith:

In actual news, Falcons cut Hageman.

I'm trying to remember, but what was the first 28-3 joke on social media?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I'm trying to remember, but what was the first 28-3 joke on social media?

idk, but the best one was the photoshop of the box score over the burned-down section of I-85.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
This hurricane needs to gently caress off, I need my Buc ball.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

You arent hosed at all...you can count on 7 free beers this season. Enjoy!

No more, no less.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

You need to know who Drew Brees is, and pray that his nearly 40-year old body holds up to many 300 lb+ gentlemen trying to crush his spine throughout this year.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

That Works posted:

I'd be kind of strangely sad and confused if non-Saints NFCS fans started rooting for the Saints if it wasn't like a Superbowl or something.

I'll cheer on the Saints if they are playing the Patriots or Steelers because gently caress Them™

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

NFCS love from an NFL.com article...not sure if I agree with all of it persay, but our division is the best so...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000838591/article/watchability-rankings-chargers-high-ahead-of-week-1

quote:

Half of the NFC's most fascinating teams reside in the NFC South. I also believe that half of the NFC's best teams play in the NFC South, although the upcoming season will likely render that prediction silly, like most predictions.

There's no debate that Matt Ryan, Drew Brees, Cam Newton and Jameis Winston form football's best division of quarterbacks. The difference in the Dirty South this season is that all four players have more assistance than usual. The Saints' and Falcons' defenses are set to improve because of an influx of young talent. Winston has more pass catchers than he knows what to do with, and Newton should be supported by a quietly strong defense and running game.

Much like the AFC West, it's easy to imagine any of the four teams in the NFC South taking the division crown and even earning a bye. The 2016 Falcons should be a reminder that there are more Super Bowl contenders entering each season than commonly believed. All four NFC South teams should be seen as potential teams to reach Super Bowl LII in Minnesota, which makes their division games this season among the most watchable in all of the NFL.

One overlooked intra-division move could make a huge difference in the NFC South race. Luke Kuechly's former understudy in Carolina, A.J. Klein, impressed the Saints in August and could provide the kind of three-down stability at linebacker that coach Sean Payton hasn't seen since Jonathan Vilma left town. All Drew Brees needs is an average defense, because the team's passing game doesn't have down years, and the Saints' three-headed running back monster of Mark Ingram, Adrian Peterson and Alvin Kamara could make this a ground-and-pound offense when necessary. Really. Payton and Brees will have an incredible amount of ways to attack defenses.

Panthers rookie running back Christian McCaffrey immediately makes the Panthers more watchable. He is a GIF waiting to happen, and his presence could make Jonathan Stewart a better player with a reduced role. Throw in Cam Newton, and there won't be a more difficult running game to defend. The Panthers also have a host of defensive players to track, from Luke Kuechly to Kawann Short to emerging second-year cornerback James Bradberry to Julius Peppers in his homecoming. This is an eminently entertaining team, even if the offense takes some time to get in gear.

No one who watched "Hard Knocks" needs to be sold on Tampa's buzzworthiness. It's not just Jameis Winston's personality, but his go-for-broke style playing with two of the league's most entertaining wideouts to watch (Mike Evans and DeSean Jackson). While the rest of the division is breaking in new players, the Falcons' offense is returning almost everyone but the coordinator from one of the great offenses of all time. And it's coach Dan Quinn's defensive vision being realized that should help prevent any Super Bowl hangover.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Shiki Dan posted:

You need to know who Drew Brees is, and pray that his nearly 40-year old body holds up to many 300 lb+ gentlemen trying to crush his spine throughout this year.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Well you didnt get the Patriots so youll have to pay for meals.

If Drew Brees dies Id just start mailing the bar a check because they should start charging you double for meals.

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

wandler20 posted:

This hurricane needs to gently caress off, I need my Buc ball.

yell at the hurricane until it goes away

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

incompetent posted:

yell at the hurricane until it goes away

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

Congrats on your seven free beers and good moral standing.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
edit: oops wrong thread

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

The Bucs Dolphins game getting moved to week 11 is some extremely high grade bullshit. What the gently caress? What happened to player safety? Philly was available to host the game but gently caress it, let them play 16 straight weeks of football instead, thanks NFL!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

A Pale Horse posted:

The Bucs Dolphins game getting moved to week 11 is some extremely high grade bullshit. What the gently caress? What happened to player safety? Philly was available to host the game but gently caress it, let them play 16 straight weeks of football instead, thanks NFL!

:stare: WHAT THE gently caress, GOODELL?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

A Pale Horse posted:

Curious to see what the nflpa has to say about this. Absolutely stupid decision and goes against every player safety talking point the league has been playing up.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
So stupid. They had options and picked the worst of them. Not shocking I guess.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Wait, what happened? They don't get a bye week now?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

WampaLord posted:

Nope. Horseshit.

Well technically a week 1 bye week.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

WampaLord posted:

Week 1 Bye lol. So dumb

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

wandler20 posted:

So stupid. They had options and picked the worst of them. Not shocking I guess.

It's the worst for the players and teams. It's actually the best for the owners and Miami stadium revenue.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

/clears throat
/steps up to the mic

"good"

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Shiki Dan posted:

It's the worst for the players and teams. It's actually the best for the owners and Miami stadium revenue.

That's my thinking too. Ross was unwilling to part with the gate so the players have to endanger their health so a loving billionaire scumfuck can rake in a few more million than he normally would.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Yeah this is some horseshit

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Yeah that lovely as all hell.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Just play your 16 straight games and rub some dirt on it, dammit.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

Just play your 16 straight games and rub some dirt on it, dammit.

I'd feel less bad if both of these teams didn't play in open air stadiums in the hottest/most humid state in the union.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
It feels like everyone gets to open Christmas gifts but the Bucs and Dolphins were bad and have to wait a week to see what they have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

It feels like everyone gets to open Christmas gifts but the Bucs and Dolphins were bad and have to wait a week to see what they have.

My Jacquizz Rodgers lost a week of effective #1 back duties, though. Wasted Bench spot.

• Locked thread