Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
The babadook is a loving masterpiece compared to the piles of loving dreck that get shat out on a yearly basis. We make terrible movies in this country. It seems its a 50/50 split between dire as gently caress comedies and worthy subject films. Crap scripts, a revolving door of rookie directors and fuckawful scores seems to be the biggest issues.

If industry people think piracy is the issue they are living on the moon. No one is watching our films because they are almost entirely shithouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

In other news, http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-05/three-men-found-guilty-of-inciting-serious-contempt-for-muslims/8874804

Suck poo poo, convicted racist scum.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

None of these posts mention KKnD and are thus wrong :colbert:

Only recent Straya movies I've liked are Red Dog because nostalgia (Karratha kid) and Son of a Gun, which was basically 'Payday: Perth Edition'. They definitely don't rate as great movies, though

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
FOX told to renegotiate TEN output deal

Arsetralian 4/9/17

21st Century FOX has been told to renegotiate its content agreement with TEN, worth up to $195 million, or take a one-off $3.4 million payment from CBS.

Employees and general trade creditors of TEN will get 100% of what they are owed by the end of the year but content suppliers will only get their full payment if they stay with the network.

“Most creditors of the TEN Network businesses will get paid in full under the KordaMentha restructuring plan to sell the network to CBS,” KordaMentha said in a statement this afternoon.

CBS is providing $205 million to TEN to cover creditor costs, on top of $172.7 million it provided for the Commonwealth Bank and $12m each for Lachlan Murdoch, Bruce Gordon and James Packer.

Administrators have set aside $32 million for content providers. FremantleMedia Australia is owed $425,000, ITV Studios Australia is owed $1.9 million and EndemolShine Australia is owed $1 million.

TEN’s 750 employees will receive up to $56.2 million for annual leave and long service leave, and paying out any entitlements owed to former staff.

A second creditors meeting has been scheduled at the Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel on Tuesday, September 12. That will be followed by a Supreme Court ruling to ratify the transfer of shares from existing holders to CBS, when any challenge is most likely to occur.

KordaMentha expects to formally complete the sale by mid-October, with most creditors paid by the end of the year.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Brilliant :)

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
i plan to save australian media with my webcomic about pauline hanson being killed by climate change and telepathic alien fungus

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

JBP posted:

Beam Software's Aussie Rules Footy on NES is the best game ever.

OUT OF BOUNDS

ON THE FULL

Cartoon posted:

Bad Boy Bubby

Correct opinions on things.

Bad Boy Bubby owns.

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
it stars the reincarnation of ariel sharon but he drowns in a fish pond

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

iajanus posted:

Greatest videogame of all time

iajwife is out of town tonight, think I'll be firing up the SNES and HOWZAT HOWZAT HOWZAT HOWZAT HOWZAT

When you're batting, make sure you line up the white arrow so it's right at the back of his knee legside, hold L2+R2 then proceed to spank the ball over the fine leg boundary for 6 practically without fail

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Paingod556 posted:

None of these posts mention KKnD and are thus wrong :colbert:

KKnD was australian? I played the poo poo out of that

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

La Noire owns but not for any of the reasons the people making it thought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGnUGFwraL0

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

NPR Journalizard posted:

The Scouts the most obvious tell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iK3nCkgB_I

These briefings are still my favorite. The text box dialogue was sublime

Paingod556 fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Sep 5, 2017

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Top Knot Detective (probably still on SBS catchup) was Australian and pretty good.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Indie cutesy RPG Armello is Australian

http://store.steampowered.com/app/290340/Armello/

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
body melt

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Sonic Mania (Stealth is Australian, Tantalus did the Switch port)

Assault Android Cactus

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Assault Android Cactus is the best.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
I prefer games about australia like "Papers, Please"

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

norp posted:

Escape from Woomera?

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

norp posted:

The point of Papers, Please is to process people as fast as possible including those with valid refugee claims, so Australia is actually worse :australia:

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

NPR Journalizard posted:

Angry farm robots!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

norp posted:

Too much paying for heating and food, not enough budgeting for investment properties.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

aejix posted:

When you're batting, make sure you line up the white arrow so it's right at the back of his knee legside, hold L2+R2 then proceed to spank the ball over the fine leg boundary for 6 practically without fail

And just bowl at the base of middle stump every time since it's only a matter of time till there's a missed shot and instant wicket.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.

NPR Journalizard posted:

That was an awesome game, shame we don't get games like that anymore.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

I remember that film.

I was doing film studies in the early 90's at uni so I was watching a lot of Australian movies at the time. I really enjoyed Love Serenade and Thank God He Met Lizzie.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Shadowrun SNES is really good

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Shadowrun SNES is really good

Oh yeah. Beam's output was largely.. Dubious in quality, but Shadowrun was excellent.

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

I loving love how the government claims the ABS can run a survey on peoples opinions, because back in the 70's they ran one about changing the national anthem.
I guess it didn't occur to them that, maybe that survey was illegal but nobody took them to court over it like what's happening now :saddowns:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

It's stupid that nearly half the parliamentarians are lawyers yet seem to gently caress up badly when cases go to the High Court.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

That doesn't mean they've very good at it.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Outspoken right-wing commentator Andrew Bolt has been chased through the streets of Melbourne this afternoon by a gang of anti-fascist thugs hell bent on glitter-bombing him again.

But Bolt wouldn’t have a bar of it.

Rather than let the gutter-dwelling communists catch him unawares, the barrel-chested South Australian tried his level best to outrun his assailants.

After a running gun battle through Richmond and Hawthorn in Melbourne’s lawless east, during which Bolt is said to have shot up to six of the left-wing goons chasing him, they caught up with him a short time ago at the Maroondah Reservoir Park in the capital’s far east.

“What is it you want?!” screamed the 57-year-old as he stood on the edge of the dam wall.

“I’m merely exercising my right to free speech, much the same as you are! If you kill me now, you’re no better than the forces you say you’re fighting!”

Given the option to surrender himself and be glitter-bombed or jump to his death, Bolt punched one last activist in the throat before throwing himself from the dam into the churning spillway below.

The Sun-Herald columnist was last seen on the banks of the Watts River about a kilometre from the reservoir coughing up water and cursing softly under his breath.

More to come.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
University degrees are basically totally devalued now. It's expensive toilet paper.

Especially for non-practicing IPA brats who only get any work (including cushy jobs sponging off the public purse) because of connections/corruption/nepotism.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
I've got two degrees and a diploma; does that mean my TP is 3-ply?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The Before Times posted:

I've got two degrees and a diploma; does that mean my TP is 3-ply?

2 ply. The diploma only counts as a hand towel.

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

You Am I posted:

It's stupid that nearly half the parliamentarians are lawyers yet seem to gently caress up badly when cases go to the High Court.

lol remember when a bunch of them pissed off early before parliament had adjourned, leaving Labor in control for a short while?

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
i'm going back for my second degree but my first is from cofa so it doesn't count. cofa doesn't even exist anymore

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
my degree isn't worthless AMA

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
it is now unsw art and design, i went on a date with a man heavily involved in the rebranding while it was happening and he very earnestly insisted it should from now on be referred to colloquially as unswad, pronounced "uns-wod", which of course it never was

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Outspoken right-wing commentator Andrew Bolt has been chased through the streets of Melbourne this afternoon by a gang of anti-fascist thugs hell bent on glitter-bombing him again.

But Bolt wouldn’t have a bar of it.

Rather than let the gutter-dwelling communists catch him unawares, the barrel-chested South Australian tried his level best to outrun his assailants.

After a running gun battle through Richmond and Hawthorn in Melbourne’s lawless east, during which Bolt is said to have shot up to six of the left-wing goons chasing him, they caught up with him a short time ago at the Maroondah Reservoir Park in the capital’s far east.

“What is it you want?!” screamed the 57-year-old as he stood on the edge of the dam wall.

“I’m merely exercising my right to free speech, much the same as you are! If you kill me now, you’re no better than the forces you say you’re fighting!”

Given the option to surrender himself and be glitter-bombed or jump to his death, Bolt punched one last activist in the throat before throwing himself from the dam into the churning spillway below.

The Sun-Herald columnist was last seen on the banks of the Watts River about a kilometre from the reservoir coughing up water and cursing softly under his breath.

More to come.

The virgin glitterbomber
The Chad columnist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
my arts degree is more useful than my law degree in my actual work

• Locked thread