Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Dropped in for a gander at the local titty bar in Portland. Was amazed a draft beer was only $5 and no cover. Watched for a few minutes then went over to the Hale Pele tiki bar. Set sail for rum in silly glasses!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bengy81
May 8, 2010

LingcodKilla posted:

Dropped in for a gander at the local titty bar in Portland. Was amazed a draft beer was only $5 and no cover. Watched for a few minutes then went over to the Hale Pele tiki bar. Set sail for rum in silly glasses!

The strip clubs are the best/worst part of Portland. Last time I was there (10 years ago) Sunday night was adult industry night at a bunch of bars I can't remember the names of, if that helps you plan your night a little better.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Is House of Blues worth checking out or is it one of those overrated things?

Varies by location. And what kind of blues you like. Food should be good though.

Wait, you're in Chicago, go do it for the touristy thing. Chicago blues are some good blues.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Is House of Blues worth checking out or is it one of those overrated things?

For a show, or to eat? I wouldn't go there for the food.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

bengy81 posted:

The strip clubs are the best/worst part of Portland. Last time I was there (10 years ago) Sunday night was adult industry night at a bunch of bars I can't remember the names of, if that helps you plan your night a little better.

Kinda hurting this morning. Tiki bar was good.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Bojack Horseman season four starts Friday

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I LUST FOR YELLOW JACKET DEATH

I've had this up for less than a week and already killed three nest beforehand.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Having stepped on a nest when I was 5, I say kill them all!

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I like shaking the trap once ive got a good haul and listening to them go completely apeshit.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Narcos season 3 is terrific. The show smoothly transitioned out from Pablo Escobar to a whole new group of villains without any weird poo poo.

And someone on the creative team positively adores UH-60 Blackhawks. Good helicopter poo poo every few episodes.

bloops fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Sep 4, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

cowboy elvis posted:

Narcos season 3 is terrific. The show smoothly transitioned out from Pablo Escobar to a whole new group of villains without any weird poo poo.

And someone on the creative team positively adores UH-60 Blackhawks. Good helicopter poo poo every few episodes.

I'm very skeptical about Narcos post-Pablo so this is good to hear.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

cowboy elvis posted:

Plus they killed Gabriel Iglesias

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

I'm very skeptical about Narcos post-Pablo so this is good to hear.

I was too like hardcore. Narcos is on a very solid run.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Pesticide20 posted:

Plus they killed Gabriel Iglesias

Yea and that owned

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Burning Man. Locals picked all this up. The highway still looks like poo poo.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That's not all that bad, actually.

I went to Bonnaroo a few times. That place turns into a loving landfill when people leave.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

I went to Bonnaroo a few times. That place turns into a loving landfill when people leave.

OTOH, "leave no trace" and "civic responsibility" are 2 of the 10 principles of burning man.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

There's a yellowjacket nest outside my bedroom window. I can't open the goddamn thing in this heat wave without my apartment becoming full of them.

gently caress yellowjackets.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Ok so John Wick 2 was pretty wild god drat

I mean i knew it would be but still 😧

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Stultus Maximus posted:

OTOH, "leave no trace" and "civic responsibility" are 2 of the 10 principles of burning man.

People fly into Nashville, raid walmart for camping gear, use it all weekend at Bonnaroo and just leave it all on site when they catch a ride out and back to the airport. Clean up crews usually find at least one corspe during the week following. There's also 80k people for Bonnaroo. What's the cap at burning man?

However, music festival vs whatever the hell burning man is supposed to be. Different crowds, similar people, still mostly trash.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
They do not find a loving corpse when they clean up usually, lmfao

Bonnaroo is legit disgusting and populated by trash people though

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Okay, not every year, but it's definitely happened more than once.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Compared to the juggalo meeting im sure it's just dandy.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Oddly, I never notice newspieces about deaths at the gathering. Even if they happen, they're not worth reporting anyway.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

That's what they did to the one-block "downtown" area in town. God knows what Black Rock actually looks like. I-80 is just strewn with bags and other poo poo blowing all over the place.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
they certainly found a corpse at burning man this year :twisted:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

A literal burning man at the figurative burning man festival.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well, burnt man.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

https://youtu.be/ruCsYGL3QlY

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Redbox free video game or blu-ray rental:

2M7F3PUC

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

music festivals that involve camping and cruise ships freak me the gently caress out and I have no idea why anyone would want to go to one.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

You don't like dying of heat stroke in a tent and paying $5 for a bottle of water?

Burning Man, like most things, seems like it might have been cool before it got so popular and commercialized...and becomes the opposite of the original intention lmao

If you have some time to kill read anything and everything surrounding the recent-ish failed Fyre festival. I think we talked about it in here but the whole thing is 👌🏽

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

If you have some time to kill read anything and everything surrounding the recent-ish failed Fyre festival. I think we talked about it in here but the whole thing is 👌🏽
That was a total shitshow, and it was hilarious watching it fall apart in real time.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I could post some links, but honestly, best just find all the details

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Literally FEMA survival tents.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Woodstock '99 had a bunch of rapes and I guess Fred Durst was there too so that's about as bad as it gets.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

lol but a lot of people in this thread actually liked Limp Bizkit at one point

Where the JNCO jeans at

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

music festivals that involve camping and cruise ships freak me the gently caress out and I have no idea why anyone would want to go to one.

It's not for everyone. I stayed high as gently caress throughout the Bonnaroos I went to, but the music was great and it knocked some artist/bands off my wishlist. Never went on a Dave year. Saw tool, the police, nin, flaming lips, Junior motherfuckin' Brown, and a bunch more poo poo I barely/don't remember. It was a blast.

But the site is a goddamn mess every year. The news choppers would fly down from Nashville the day after and film the great exit flood.

The anxiety of being surrounded by 80k drugged and drunk people is pretty intense if you're not at least a little stoned, but most people don't want any bullshit to start either, so it goes smoothly. Security is pretty good at Bonnaroo too, but not too good to keep all the fun drugs out.

It was really fun though. Sunday nights usually end up being long rear end jam nights that Stabbing Westward did in '07. People eat all their drugs and go nuts because flying/driving with whatever isn't a great option. If that sounds like fun, you'll have it by buckets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Disney fired the director for Star Wars Ep 9.

• Locked thread