Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Excessive sexual abuse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

ultrabindu posted:

Is this the same kind of poo poo that resulted in one of JFK's sisters getting a lobotomy?

No, she had brain damage as a result of difficulties during birth.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
"The patient in room 40 seems normal, why is he here?"

"His son got married."

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
I'm partial to "hard study", "greediness" and "vicious vices"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The sad thing is when these places genuinely start out trying to be genuinely progressive and to help people get better from ailments.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

ultrabindu posted:

Is this the same kind of poo poo that resulted in one of JFK's sisters getting a lobotomy?

Rosemary Kennedy had some kind of learning disability that probably could have been helped but that was inconvenient for America's Perfect Family so daddy had her lobotomized and they botched it and left her a vegetable.

tactlessbastard posted:

Excessive sexual abuse

As the abuser, or the victim? :stare:

"The patient in room 23 is... just don't go in there alone."

venus de lmao has a new favorite as of 14:53 on Sep 5, 2017

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Rosemary Kennedy had some kind of learning disability that probably could have been helped but that was inconvenient for America's Perfect Family so daddy had her lobotomized and they botched it and left her a vegetable.

Lobotomies were uncomfortably common at the time. They were being touted as this new cure-all for any behavioral problems and it's terrifying that that was a thing.

But hey this isn't funny so heres a picture

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

"vicious vices"
mods, username please

Also I feel if you get put in a mental asylum for a gunshot wound you might want to get a second opinion.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Collateral Damage posted:

mods, username please

Also I feel if you get put in a mental asylum for a gunshot wound you might want to get a second opinion.

That sounds like over-taxing the mental faculties. Off you go!

I'm partial to "business nerves" and "bad whiskey". One problem solves the other, and they still lock you up.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://vtt.tumblr.com/tumblr_ovrgpggI2V1qk91wg_480.mp4#_=_

Volume warning

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RareAcumen posted:

Volume warning

please do the needful

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

One weird trick

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

zoux posted:

One weird trick
... to getting your car impounded.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

zoux posted:

One weird trick

Assholes like this make me irrationally angry. Get the hell off my paid-for-by-taxes roadways in that case, you goddamn numbnuts.

Edit: You probably don't have insurance either, so I'm screwed when you inevitably run a red light and wreck my car. Christ.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Assholes like this make me irrationally angry. Get the hell off my paid-for-by-taxes roadways in that case, you goddamn numbnuts.

Edit: You probably don't have insurance either, so I'm screwed when you inevitably run a red light and wreck my car. Christ.

Traffic Lights are part of the Government. If they're not going to obey tax laws, why would they obey traffic ones? :rolleyes:.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Collateral Damage posted:

... to getting your car impounded.

Ah but you see the owner is one of the people.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Yeah, gently caress Sovcits. I hate the "you don't like it, move the gently caress out of my country." but if they don't like it they can get the gently caress out. They refuse to participate in society while reaping all the benefits. like driving on the road we all pay for, like its their 'right'. :getout:

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Bombadilillo posted:

Yeah, gently caress Sovcits. I hate the "you don't like it, move the gently caress out of my country." but if they don't like it they can get the gently caress out. They refuse to participate in society while reaping all the benefits. like driving on the road we all pay for, like its their 'right'. :getout:

*ahem* TRAVELING on the road

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Comptroll The Forums posted:

*ahem* TRAVELING on the road

:triggered:

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth

zoux posted:

One weird trick

At first glance, I was certain that bumper sticker read TRIPLECUCKS.com

new friend from school has a new favorite as of 18:09 on Sep 5, 2017

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

RagnarokAngel posted:

Lobotomies were uncomfortably common at the time. They were being touted as this new cure-all for any behavioral problems and it's terrifying that that was a thing.

Not at the time she had hers. She had one of the first frontal lobotomies performed in the country. Joseph probably had good intentions since he definitively loved her but he wouldn't have hid the procedure from the rest of the family until after the fact of he thought it was entirely up and up.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

RagnarokAngel posted:

But hey this isn't funny so heres a picture

Wait a second... I don't *have* a dad!

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Randaconda posted:

please do the needful

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
Who is Landerig and why do people edit his avatar into any picture like that?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Geomancing posted:

He made some sort of alignment chart like that and put himself in as Chaotic Neutral, and folks just roll with it.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bombadilillo posted:

The unemployed shouldn't be allowed out onto public venues either then

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:golfclap:

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Geomancing posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2450

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

ahah imagine someone gets into that bookstore and the clerk greets him "you have come to the wong fookhing bookstore, stranger"

huh?

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

This is a really good SAclopedia entry. I especially like this quote:

Call Now posted:

[Landerig] became some sort of running joke for people who can't seem to think of good jokes and simply keep reusing old jokes, first unironically, then ironically, and then just because they don't know the difference anymore but have seen other people make fun of Landerig...

That right there is pretty much the forums in a nutshell. Unironic --> ironic --> don't know anymore, impersonate others.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Also lol "bloody flux". Flux is diarrhea. You're making GBS threads blood? Off to the asylum with you, ya fuckin' maniac!

They probably mixed up sanitarium with sanatorium. The loony bin keeps getting these people with cholera, dropsy, and the flux, while the healthy living center next door keeps getting Civil War vets who just ain't right, people who think they're James Garfield, and women with opinions.

Bombadilillo posted:

Oddly enough, if they're buying gasoline instead of refining it themselves, they are paying for the roads they're driving on. The gas tax is typically earmarked for road maintenance and improvements, for obvious reasons. I mean, they're still shitheads and it'll be hilarious when he's arrested and tries that poo poo at trial and they're so uninformed about basic civics that the fact that they're still paying for some taxes hasn't occurred to them, it's just that in this one tiny aspect they're paying their way.

Random Stranger has a new favorite as of 19:09 on Sep 5, 2017

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Seaniqua posted:

That right there is pretty much the forums in a nutshell. Unironic --> ironic --> don't know anymore, impersonate others.

*prevents newcomer monkeys from climbing the ladder to get the banana*

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Seaniqua posted:

Also,

quote:

Posted by Hitler B. Natural on September 15, 2015
The whole thing was a colossal, idiotic waste of time and energy on the part of all concerned.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Seaniqua posted:

You don't know my life. :colbert:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Seaniqua posted:

So a meme

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Landerig did way funnier stupid stuff like quit SA and go to SS, then came back to SA acting like some sort of forums double agent and then got immediately banned from here

But that can't be memed so we'll just post chaotic neutral until the meaning of the word landerig is lost to time

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Back in the day novels had a really bad reputation.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I have a feeling I asked this before, but as someone who doesn't play D&D, what's so bad about Chaotic Good?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Chaotic neutral is the most lol wacky random of the alignments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

El Burbo posted:

Chaotic neutral is the most lol wacky random of the alignments

So crazy!