Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Please don't conflate good games with destiny 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

vermin posted:

Has anybody heard of this?

Apparently it's like some kind of hyper-realistic pirate simulation. Like Red Orchestra 2 but with pirates.

PLAY NOW, ME HEARTY

SAVE YER LANDLUBBER

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So CD Projekt Red did a thing to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the first witcher game at PAX West this year and it was pretty great and everyone should watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CdRyFneSFs

Re-upload of a video from their stream.

Edit - Here's their full panel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWFWaojU4mA

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Sep 5, 2017

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
So was that excessive amount of Destiny advertising money intended to cover Destiny 2 as well or what? Like, was the 500 million intended to cover Destiny as a franchise then or was it originally intended just for the first game and its advertising and upkeep?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Remember everyone starting today your characters are not allowed to wear white in multiplayer games or else the other players will tease you.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
https://twitter.com/Swery65/status/904942339877068800

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lets hang out posted:

Please don't conflate good games with destiny 2

I feel like I can't even trust any reviews in progress about Destiny 2 since they're likely written by people who played the first game for 3 years straight and there's no way I'd trust anyone that batshit

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Apparently destiny 2 only has five strikes, and if the last game was any indication that's nowhere near enough to satisfy people.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

Apparently destiny 2 only has five strikes, and if the last game was any indication that's nowhere near enough to satisfy people.

it was less about that in the long run and more about how the economy and mechanics of upgrading / acquiring Light levels / etc were changed in the first few months, it was kind of insane. But yeah 5 strikes is laughable and I'm willing to bet the 40 or so other "activities" are just tedious busywork collecting spindles and rocks

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only reason anybody talks or cares about destiny is advertising money. The bigger release this week is the Splatoon 2 1.3 balance update, will probably be a game changer

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Grapplejack posted:

There's a PlayStation-exclusive strike which is pretty asinine given the lack of content at launch

In Training posted:

The only reason anybody talks or cares about destiny is advertising money. The bigger release this week is the Splatoon 2 1.3 balance update, will probably be a game changer

Are patch notes up anywhere?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Grapplejack posted:

If the beta Strike I played was any indication, then yeah. Without really being familiar with Destiny's mechanics, I got through it with pubbies in about 20 minutes, though admittedly I think they gave everyone pretty high tier loot in the beta.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dr Cheeto posted:

There's a PlayStation-exclusive strike which is pretty asinine given the lack of content at launch

Are patch notes up anywhere?

Usually they don't post it until the update is live but for splatoon they're good about giving detailed list of changes, unlike what they do with Smash.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

I'm still more excited for Persona Versus Rwby Versus Some Other Chumps.

I didn't believe this was a real thing but upon googling it actually is. hosed up.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Wanna know what stream sniping looks (and sounds) like in PUBG?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6p-hAwVtRs

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

A Sometimes Food posted:

I didn't believe this was a real thing but upon googling it actually is. hosed up.

I would never joke about Persona Cross Rwby Tag Battler 2018

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
It's my first hurricane season in Florida and while I can't do much but prepare for Irma I'm not looking forward to it hitting later this week. Luckily the area I live in is pretty much center of the state so I don't think we're in any direct path but my fiancée has family in Miami and I am a little worried about them.

If I had the money I would totally buy a generator to keep the fridge running and keep my Switch and 3DS charged in the event of a multiday power outage. I do have to use some weather stripping seal on the sliding glass door, that thing has flooded twice so far in the past 5 months and that was during regular old rain, I don't want to imagine what a week of heavy rain will cause to happen.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

FirstAidKite posted:

Launch should be playable in more dragonball games

Right now I think the games you can play as her in are "0"
You can play as and fight against her as a random treasure encounter in Dokkan Battle.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Whoever said they wanted new horror games and hadn't played RE7 yet, they just announced a GOTY edition in December.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-09-05-resident-evil-7-gold-edition-announced

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I stated up my even closer to the end than I thought Yakuza 3 save from like two years ago so now I've finished two Yakuza games when yesterday it was none.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

haveblue posted:

Whoever said they wanted new horror games and hadn't played RE7 yet, they just announced a GOTY edition in December.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-09-05-resident-evil-7-gold-edition-announced
Oh joy, I get to play as that rear end in a top hat Redfield again, for free.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

critics are raving about knack 2

it is "...kinda fun" by polygon

it is "pretty decent" by kotaku

it is "okay" by gamespot

get urs today

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

How are there already 44 published reviews for Knack 2 on metacritic.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Man waking up with a bad headache loving sucks.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Ostentatious posted:

it is "okay" by gamespot

get urs today

"But at other moments, Knack 2 invokes memories of a heroic past that simply does not exist. This is a trivial example, and it may have grown more vivid in my mind, but some way into this adventure Stealth Knack is reintroduced. Stealth Knack can absorb crystals and slip through laser grids, feats which, given the nature of video games in 2017, are really no big deal. But in-game it struck me that Stealth Knack was welcomed back with just a touch too much fanfare. Squint and you could perhaps be forgiven for thinking that he was the stuff of ballads, of warmly-invoked memes and spin-off cereal brands. Stealth Knack, you might even decide, if you really let yourself go, is all that's been missing from our lives for the last few years - years which can now be safely forgotten because Stealth Knack has finally returned to us."

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Raxivace posted:

Man waking up with a bad headache loving sucks.

I read this as an article headline. What did the author have against the man with the headache?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

vermin posted:

I read this as an article headline. What did the author have against the man with the headache?

Reason he loving sucks number 7 will take your breath away

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ostentatious posted:

it is "okay" by gamespot

get urs today

Knack 2: it exists

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

haveblue posted:

Really wish there were a better word for this than goty

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

glam rock hamhock posted:

Started and beat Momodora. It was a good if short metrodvania that, as eyerolling as it sounds at this point, had a nice Souls like atmosphere. Don't get me wrong, other than a few minor things, the gameplay wasn't Souls like at all but the entire atmosphere and story did remind me if it.

Reverie Under the Moonlight? Yesss the aesthetic and general vibe both own

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Looper posted:

Really wish there were a better word for this than goty

Well, I mean they aren't calling it GotY, it's being called Gold

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Looper posted:

Reverie Under the Moonlight? Yesss the aesthetic and general vibe both own

It's funny because the game starts in a bright wooden area like 90% 2D platformers do, but as soon as you get through there it gets very dark, very fast and like in a souls game everyone you meet is either doomed, curropted, lost all hope or insane.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

glam rock hamhock posted:

Well, I mean they aren't calling it GotY, it's being called Gold

Taint reaped again...

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I do appreciate Eurogamer using "return of the knack" as their snarky subhead though

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Remember everyone starting today your characters are not allowed to wear white in multiplayer games or else the other players will tease you.

Thanks for the heads up.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

boy did i misread that

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Scalding Coffee posted:

You can play as and fight against her as a random treasure encounter in Dokkan Battle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHbN_opu-Dw

Wtf is even going on

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

It is difficult to remember that RE7 is actually a 2017 game and still in consideration for this year's GOTY lists. There have been so many good games and so much bad poo poo that it feels like RE7 came out two years ago

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

FirstAidKite posted:

Oh is it Launch day?

I never thought about it before, but Launch sure has the aim of a stormtrooper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It is difficult to remember that RE7 is actually a 2017 game and still in consideration for this year's GOTY lists. There have been so many good games and so much bad poo poo that it feels like RE7 came out two years ago

it's in the top 10 bestseller list for console games this year iirc.

there's a lot of early stuff this year (Yakuza 0, RE7, Gravity Rush 2, Nioh, Night in the Woods) that feels like ages ago.

I think so far my top 10 looks like Yakuza 0, Zelda, Persona 5, Prey, Fire Pro World, maybe RE7. I'm expecting Mario Odyssey, Dishonored 2.5, Metroid to make that list later.

• Locked thread