Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
When does the patch drop on the main client?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Knifegrab posted:

When does the patch drop on the main client?

https://twitter.com/Rainbow6Game/status/904685143025213441

Also, have a launch trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93jV9004foc

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
If I leave my uplay client on, does it download automatically, or do I have to launch the game for it to update? This patch is big enough that I'm not gonna be able to play it the night of if I leave it until I get back, and I totally forget what the download procedure was for previous patches.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Koramei posted:

If I leave my uplay client on, does it download automatically, or do I have to launch the game for it to update? This patch is big enough that I'm not gonna be able to play it the night of if I leave it until I get back, and I totally forget what the download procedure was for previous patches.

IIRC you'll have to either restart uplay or start the game after the patch deploys. If you're not going to be around then it might be worth it to try and leave the client on but I don't think it'll download without being restarted. Maybe you can login to your PC remotely?

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Koramei posted:

Uplay client settings if you scroll down a bit under downloads, make sure you have checked the ''Enable automatic game updates'' option.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Capitao looks really cool but i don't really understand how to use the crossbow properly. Help?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
his fire is an aoe damage. if you see someone hiding in a corner or behind a shield you shoot the adjacent wall to flush them out. if they dont leave immediately their face will melt off like raiders of the lost ark

you can also use it to cover a flank as an area denial ability. like lets say there are 2 entrances to the objective. you know you run in they're gonna get alerted and come hunt your rear end. you can shoot your fire arrow in a way that blocks a main entrance for a couple seconds so you can focus covering one of your choice.

it can also be used for simple distractions or harassment tactics

smoke arrows are the thiccest smoke in the game. they can be used for concealment in a way that would take multiple smoke grenades. they can also benused as distractions/harassment

basically capitao owns and is criminally underplayed regardless of the new ops

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
capitao is boss bitch of defuser defence

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.

Mans posted:

Capitao looks really cool but i don't really understand how to use the crossbow properly. Help?

Use the sling to put it on your back and then use your rifle to kill people.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Thief posted:

Except for the part where he has both of the worst guns in the game.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Thief posted:

it's probably because he's a darker PoC and internet racists gonna internet racist.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Hexenritter posted:

it's probably because he's a darker PoC and internet racists gonna internet racist.

It's more that his gadget is situationally useful at best and his guns are not particularly good. Pretty much all the other ops either have only one of those problems or none. For example IQ has a very meh gadget but has great guns, and Thermite has a fantastic gadget but meh guns. Ash is also a 3 speed and has both a very useful gadget and great guns! You're just handicapping yourself by playing Cap unless you're really in love with the idea of flaming crossbow bolts.

I think he'd be a lot better if he traded his two smoke bolts for a third fire bolt and if the fire bolts had like a 25% increase in diameter. Also make the M249 not do piddly damage for some reason. If you want a machine gun you're way better off with Fuze/Russian recruit or even IQ's LMG.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
What do I even do with IQ w/o a headset?

I kinda just snake one or two gadgets and that's about it

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thief posted:

his fire is an aoe damage. if you see someone hiding in a corner or behind a shield you shoot the adjacent wall to flush them out. if they dont leave immediately their face will melt off like raiders of the lost ark

you can also use it to cover a flank as an area denial ability. like lets say there are 2 entrances to the objective. you know you run in they're gonna get alerted and come hunt your rear end. you can shoot your fire arrow in a way that blocks a main entrance for a couple seconds so you can focus covering one of your choice.

it can also be used for simple distractions or harassment tactics

smoke arrows are the thiccest smoke in the game. they can be used for concealment in a way that would take multiple smoke grenades. they can also benused as distractions/harassment

Thanks for the tips man! I haven't really got much operators yet but i've been liking Capitao, Hibana and Blackbeard on attacking and Caveira is just :eyepop:

Just need to actually learn how to shoot.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
He also has an M249 so you just hold m1 while screaming till you run out of ammo.

Orv
May 4, 2011
And lose every firefight because of its low RoF and absurdly low damage. His guns were way too good once upon a time but the fact that they've left them in the state they are is dumb as hell.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

lol its not like his guns are so bad that he's unplayable

he's a 3 speed operator that has a beltfed machine gun - this only adds to his harassment capabilities. it's also fun to put a suppressor on the FAL and kill ppl in 4 hits instead of 3

silencers and shotguns are cool in general even if the dps sucks. Ela is gonna introduce another silly 3 speed weapon option with access to both

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

PATCH WHEN?!!?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Like 2h 15m.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Trap Siege starts now.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

keyframe posted:

Trap Siege starts now.

In 30 minutes.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I've watched excessive amounts of anime. My trap-detector is far superior to that of an ordinary human.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
https://embed.redditmedia.com/widge..._source%3Dembed

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

sea ewe speiss cauboi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyI635o2pmk

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

:smith:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Update for PC when?

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Update for PC when?

I have been downloading since 8am pst.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Can someone explain to a non-CS:GO pro what is so bad about fixed recoil? Removing randomness? Allowing people to memorize compensation patterns?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

keyframe posted:

I have been downloading since 8am pst.

OH NO.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

explosivo posted:

Can someone explain to a non-CS:GO pro what is so bad about fixed recoil? Removing randomness? Allowing people to memorize compensation patterns?

ITS BULLSHIT

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

explosivo posted:

Allowing people who are dedicated to a handful of operators to be even better with them.

Forseable consequences:
Bigger skill gap
Enticing people to "main" a handful of operators (even more so than today)
Making top operators become picked more often (as everyone will main them)
Making average to bad operators be picked less often (as nobody will main them)
Making Smurf Ash even more unbearable

Also risk loving up something that work fine and take development ressources away from more urgent needs

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
i look forward to shooting people with my cool siege pals, but this time, there will be things sticking in our feet

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Krogort posted:

Making Smurf Ash even more unbearable

I had no idea what this means so I had to look it up. Why do people do this? :psyduck:

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

patch is apparently gonna take me 5 hours to download :wtf:

may as well offload operation health vids to spam this thread in the meantime

Sdoots posted:

i look forward to shooting people with my cool siege pals, but this time, there will be things sticking in our feet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaooFastSrg

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Estimated patch size: 26 GB
Actual patch size: 42 GB

On an unrelated note Hard did SOMETHING so that me and my friend with an even shittier computer both get a solid 60 FPS on every map all the time. It's incredible and makes the game so, so much more fun.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Operation Change Every Line of Code apparently.

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator

explosivo posted:

a lot of us don't play cs:go

this is one reason why

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Started downloading the patch, got half way through and my computer froze. Had to start the whole thing again because uplay can't save patch progress. Downloaded the 26gb again successfully and clicked play then it told me the game needed to patch and started downloading the loving patch again :thumbsup:

Can we get an operation health for the uplay launcher?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

automaticswim posted:

a lot of us don't play cs:go

this is one reason why

this game pretty much ruined cs:go for me

not only has the shooting been boring since CoD1 introduced me to aiming down the sights like loving 15 years ago ...but the sound in Siege is so great - and at some point they basically changed all the gunshots in cs to sound like literal poo poo turds plopping onto the ground. most of the enjoyment that comes from CS these days is joining bottom tier ranked games and listening to the cyber athletes talk on their mics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator
i will say that sound is absolutely one of my favorite things about this game. it's just so amazing

• Locked thread