Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

In my case I just picked up two guys at either the end of the draft or the WW. If they don't pan out (they won't) then I won't feel bad dropping them.

In other news I need some help with some last minute thoughts.

Team 1: Half PPR, 3WR

QB: Luck, Carr
RB: Gurley, Riddick, Rawls, White, Prosise, Burkhead
WR: Julio, Cooper, Diggs, Sanders, John Brown
TE: Kelce

I need to drop someone for a DST, or I need to make a trade. Is offering Sanders and Brown for Watkins too much? Maybe aim for Keenan Allen?

Team 2: Half PPR, 2QB, 3WR
QB: Luck, Rodgers, Goff
RB: Gordon, Abdullah, Elliott, Burkhead
WR: Jeffery, Garcon, Hogan, Diggs, Marvin Jones, Ginn, Golladay, Kevin White
TE: Rudolph

In this situation should I drop Golladay for a DST? Pittsburgh or Carolina?

Team 1: the guy who has Watkins or Keenan, what's the rest of his roster like?

Team 2: I'd drop Golladay for Pitt. They get the Browns and a rookie QB Week 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

pubic works project posted:

Team 1: the guy who has Watkins or Keenan, what's the rest of his roster like?

It's my mother-in-law so basically anything I can do will help:

QB: Rodgers
RB: Ajayi, Montgomery, Buck Allen, Alvin Kamara
WR: Keenan Allen, Sammy Watkins, Rishard Matthews, Kevin White, Cooper Kupp, Kendall Wright
TE: Martellus Bennett, Coby Fleener

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's my mother-in-law so basically anything I can do will help:

QB: Rodgers
RB: Ajayi, Montgomery, Buck Allen, Alvin Kamara
WR: Keenan Allen, Sammy Watkins, Rishard Matthews, Kevin White, Cooper Kupp, Kendall Wright
TE: Martellus Bennett, Coby Fleener

Her team isn't terrible, but her bench is kinda bad. Maybe Sanders and a bench RB for Keenan?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Honestly none of his bench RBs are worth the potential downgrade from Allen to Sanders and with it being a 3WR league she'd need the WR help more. Though she would be sol if Montgomery or ajayi gets injured.

Won't matter once Keenan dies thou.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

So I'm overthinking having Rivers for my week 1 QB against Denver. He's laid some goose eggs against them before.

I see Bradford out there against New Orleans. Should I drop Smallwood and grab him?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Her team isn't terrible, but her bench is kinda bad. Maybe Sanders and a bench RB for Keenan?

Which one?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Try White

theCops
Aug 13, 2004
ESPN (non-PPR)

QB: Carr, Rivers
RB: D. Johnson, M. Gordon, Elliott, Hyde
WR: D. Thomas, K. Benjamin, D. Parker, Garcon, Maclin, Snead, Ginn
TE: Julius Thomas
D/ST: Arizona
K: Vinatieri

Yahoo (.5 PPR)

QB: Dalton, Manning
RB: Bell, Hyde, CJ Anderson, Ingram
WR: Garcon, K. Allen, D. Baldwin, D. Parker, Maclin, Watkins
TE: Ebron
D/ST: Pittsburgh
K: Prater

Main concerns are TE in the ESPN draft, and QBs in the Yahoo draft. I feel like my WRs in both leagues are okayish and are going to make or break the teams depending on whether the hype pans out. The Yahoo league has some funky rules like extra points for distance of kick, up to 5 points for 50+, so i took a guy that kicks 50 yd FGs in a dome half the year.

theCops fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Sep 5, 2017

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

So I'm overthinking

This is the biggest mistake people can make in Week 1. Just roll with what you got for now, you drafted those guys for a reason.

KitsonGT
Oct 5, 2004

Remember: if the balloon pops, the noise makes the angels cry.
I did a thing.

0.5 PPR auction 12 team

QB: Wilson
RB: Howard, Gordon
WR: Nelson, Allen Robinson
TE: Ertz
WR/TE: Tyrell WIlliams
Flex: Bilal Powell
K: Koo
DST: Arizona

Bench: Dak, Terrance West, Danny Woodhead, Frank Gore, Adam Thielen, Marvin WIlliams

Had pretty decent keepers coming in, and I've never left a draft as happy as I did here.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/YahooNoise/status/904897936772915200

WaveLength
Nov 22, 2006

Feel the beat
One guy in my league had a very uhhh interesting strategy

Took Ezekiel in the 1st at 10, followed by Freeman and Miller. Trades Freeman and Miller for Amari Cooper and Brandin Cooks, leaving him with Zeke and Rawls at RB. Then trades Kelvin Benjamin and Crowder to someone else for Hyde.

No idea what he's doing but I hope it works out for him

Leaves him with

Q: Jameis, Luck
WR: Parker, Cooper, Cooks, Diggs, Moncrief
RB: Zeke, Hyde, Rawls
TE: Kelce, Doyle

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Alfalfa posted:

Tyrod seems to be like he won't play week 1. Good thing my alternative is Luck :suicide:

Bradford, Bortles, Cutler, Flacco, or Goff are on the wire. Should I grab one and if so who?

6paTD

Going along with this, 0ppr should I sit TY for D. Thomas, A. Jeffery, or J. Crowder?

Bumping this since it was posted before the D. Johnson auction fiasco.

Tiffany
May 29, 2013

Jacquizz Rodgers or Paul Perkins for RB2? My RB1 is DeMarco Murray. My gut says Perkins but Rodgers is better statwise.

This is why live drafts are better. Color coded stickers lol

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Just finished my draft tonight in 12-team half-ppr (7th position) and I think I could have done better...my biggest problem obviously being that I wasn't paying attention and drafted 4 Detroit Lions players (ugh). Please tell me it won't be that bad.

QB: Matt Stafford
RB: Jordan Howard
RB: Ameer Abdullah
WR: AJ Green
WR: Demaryius Thomas
Flex: Golden Tate
TE: Eric Ebron
K/DST: who cares

Bench: Stefon Diggs, Doug Martin, Kenny Britt, Thomas Rawls, Dion Lewis

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
:siren: Cheating4Charity is Drafting 9/6! :siren:

Seriously. Go here and have fun. It's a ridiculously awesome league, the worst that can happen is that you feel good about donating to charity!

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Hey Beer, how often are you updating the sheets, every Wednesday? I remember them sometimes being updated multiple times per week last year, and wanted to make sure I didn't miss a new one before my draft later today (Tuesday)

Thanks again for all the hard work you do on these sheets, you're an awesome dude

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

How did I do? I'm not at all confident on my RB situation.
5PaTD, 0.5ppr, 12 teams

Chernabog fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Sep 5, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Tiffany posted:

Jacquizz Rodgers or Paul Perkins for RB2? My RB1 is DeMarco Murray. My gut says Perkins but Rodgers is better statwise.

This is why live drafts are better. Color coded stickers lol

Do not listen to your gut tiffany

punch drunk
Nov 12, 2006

Does anyone else go pretty much all in on auction drafts? First time for our league and it didnt seem like a terrible plan. Paid $68 for Bell in the first, $81 (lol) for Johnson second and then sat out for quite a while.

Ended up with 12 team 1 ppr:

QB Matt Ryan
RB Bell
RB Johnson
WR Crabtree
WR Tate
TE Rudolph
Flex Garcon
Dst Rams
K Koo

Bench: Kenny Britt, Duke Johnson, Forte, Corey Davis, Zay Jones, Paul Perkins, James Conner

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Chernabog posted:

How did I do? I'm not at all confident on my RB situation.
5PaTD, 0.5ppr, 12 teams

I would keep:

Brees
Julio
Fournette
Cooper
Ertz
Robinson

You don't need two QBs and TEs

Try to trade Ben/Ebron/West for more depth at WR and RB

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Kloaked00 posted:

Hey Beer, how often are you updating the sheets, every Wednesday? I remember them sometimes being updated multiple times per week last year, and wanted to make sure I didn't miss a new one before my draft later today (Tuesday)

Thanks again for all the hard work you do on these sheets, you're an awesome dude

I will do a last one on Wednesday.

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead
Had my 12-team .5 PPR draft last night. Ended up at 1 overall, not a big fan of my depth, but we'll see.

1. (1) David Johnson (Ari - RB)
2. (24) Amari Cooper (Oak - WR)
3. (25) Isaiah Crowell (Cle - RB)
4. (48) Kelvin Benjamin (Car - WR)
5. (49) Allen Robinson (Jax - WR)
6. (72) Jordan Reed (Was - TE)
7. (73) Doug Martin (TB - RB)
8. (96) Rob Kelley (Was - RB)
9. (97) Jordan Matthews (Buf - WR)
10. (120) Jameis Winston (TB - QB)
11. (121) Andrew Luck (Ind - QB)
12. (144) Matt Forte (NYJ - RB)
13. (145) Minnesota (Min - DEF)
14. (168) Cairo Santos (KC - K)
15. (169) Tyler Lockett (Sea - WR)

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What the gently caress do I do with Luck?

I traded for Cousins because I grabbed Jay Cutler thinking Luck was going to miss 1 maybe 2 weeks.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Arbitrator has until 4 pm today to issue a decision in Zeke's case or he can play this Sunday.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Arbitrator has until 4 pm today to issue a decision in Zeke's case or he can play this Sunday.

My Hot Take:

1. Zeke will play a few weeks.

2. Wheels of justice will slowly turn.

3. Zeke owners will discover he's suspended over the fantasy playoffs.

4. Chaos Reigns.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Maybe we aren't in the darkest timeline after all.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Analyzers say to do this, just want to make sure. Yahoo, standard, 14 teams. My current RBs are Bell and Crowell.

I give:
Hunter Henry TE LAC
Kareem Hunt RB KC

I get:
Jordan Reed TE WAS
Latavius Murray RB MIN

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Well gently caress, Tampa Miami might be moved to the bye?

RIP Week 1 for me with Evans and Winston.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Keith Atherton posted:

I would keep:

Brees
Julio
Fournette
Cooper
Ertz
Robinson

You don't need two QBs and TEs

Try to trade Ben/Ebron/West for more depth at WR and RB

Thanks, maybe later in the draft since my opponents don't trade much and even less at the beginning of the season. The ww doesn't have anything that catches my eye at this point either.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/905084821457731585

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

TheManWithNoName posted:

Analyzers say to do this, just want to make sure. Yahoo, standard, 14 teams. My current RBs are Bell and Crowell.

I give:
Hunter Henry TE LAC
Kareem Hunt RB KC

I get:
Jordan Reed TE WAS
Latavius Murray RB MIN

depends if you think Reed is really worth giving up a starting RB for (I don't)

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

That makes much more sense than what people were trying to claim before

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Varg posted:

depends if you think Reed is really worth giving up a starting RB for (I don't)

I can't really start him over Crowell can I?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TheManWithNoName posted:

I give:
Hunter Henry TE LAC
Kareem Hunt RB KC

I get:
Jordan Reed TE WAS
Latavius Murray RB MIN

I don't like it. Reed's injury history is primarily concussions, Murray may not even be flex worthy, and in a 14 team league Henry is perfectly starter-worthy.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

TheManWithNoName posted:

I can't really start him over Crowell can I?

Having a startable RB as your RB3 is a good thing. Reed is good, but I would not do that.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Is there a "Grade my Draft" aka Check out my sikk-2-deth team thread?

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I don't like it. Reed's injury history is primarily concussions, Murray may not even be flex worthy, and in a 14 team league Henry is perfectly starter-worthy.

Reed practically won me my league in 2015 and I traded for him in 2016 and didn't necessarily regret it, but I am avoiding him entirely this year. His brain is pudding.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

MrSargent posted:

Just finished my draft tonight in 12-team half-ppr (7th position) and I think I could have done better...my biggest problem obviously being that I wasn't paying attention and drafted 4 Detroit Lions players (ugh). Please tell me it won't be that bad.

QB: Matt Stafford
RB: Jordan Howard
RB: Ameer Abdullah
WR: AJ Green
WR: Demaryius Thomas
Flex: Golden Tate
TE: Eric Ebron
K/DST: who cares

Bench: Stefon Diggs, Doug Martin, Kenny Britt, Thomas Rawls, Dion Lewis

Shameless bump. Tell me I didn't do so bad (despite owning much too large of a share of the Lions)

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

punch drunk posted:

Does anyone else go pretty much all in on auction drafts? First time for our league and it didnt seem like a terrible plan. Paid $68 for Bell in the first, $81 (lol) for Johnson second and then sat out for quite a while.

Ended up with 12 team 1 ppr:

QB Matt Ryan
RB Bell
RB Johnson
WR Crabtree
WR Tate
TE Rudolph
Flex Garcon
Dst Rams
K Koo

Bench: Kenny Britt, Duke Johnson, Forte, Corey Davis, Zay Jones, Paul Perkins, James Conner

Best rbs, decent depth. Wrs are suspect but still serviceable, and you grabbed some developing talent. TE and QB are top 6.
I'd say you played the waiting game just right, considering you overpayed on bell and DJ by about $20. Overall, I'd give it an A-, 90/100

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Do people think he can skip suspension by being cut and re-signed or something?

• Locked thread