Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

mashed_penguin posted:

Shotguns are such glorious bullshit. I wasn't expecting this guy to be on the stairs and was already running away when well...

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/bravehastyamericanbadger

Shotguns are maybe the one weapon I'm comfortable with. I really love how lethal they are in this game.

Ninjalicious posted:

In close quarters: spray automatic or rapid fire and control the point of aim to be center of mass of your target. At medium range try to use your scope or aimpoint on but stick to auto honestly for pop up shots. At long to extreme range single shot or you won't hit poo poo.

Like people say, land with a ton of other people. Get starter wep and backpack. Kill someone else. Rinse repeat till midgame.

Any tips for pistols? When it comes to automatic weapons, is there any kind of pattern to the spray, or do you just want to be pulling straight down? Is there a good recipe for determining how far I need to lead a target?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Shotguns are maybe the one weapon I'm comfortable with. I really love how lethal they are in this game.

Any tips for pistols? When it comes to automatic weapons, is there any kind of pattern to the spray, or do you just want to be pulling straight down? Is there a good recipe for determining how far I need to lead a target?

In the starting area there's a large rock by the tables with the guns you can use to examine the weapon spray patterns. For pistols it doesn't really matter, if you're firing fast enough for it to matter you'll be close enough to the target that it doesn't matter.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Det_no posted:

Someone already tested all that stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=worfS4pDkP4

Dumb question, but he says oscillating is a bad method to do the jumps, but how do you keep a constant speed of 40 km/h without oscillating?

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Misclick and jump early in a squad game where one of our people fails to connect, decide to land at jail. 2 teams drop there with me, I take the house on the top of the hill and come out with a crossbow and a helmet. One of the teams wipes the other, and I enter the main building and see an AK lying on the floor right away, pick it up...

and then wipe the whole squad solo. That was a great thrill. Too bad about my computer freezing up constantly whenever we were near military base, that place just causes my computer to poo poo itself for some reason. I hope this game gets some more optimization soon, because god drat.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Mister Fister posted:

Dumb question, but he says oscillating is a bad method to do the jumps, but how do you keep a constant speed of 40 km/h without oscillating?

He meant the people who hit it really fast. You can do it just but it's about the speed of your button mashing. Just wait until you get down to 20 and then feather it. It only take a second and you'll get the hang of it.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

ChesterJT posted:

He meant the people who hit it really fast. You can do it just but it's about the speed of your button mashing. Just wait until you get down to 20 and then feather it. It only take a second and you'll get the hang of it.

So just tap it quickly instead of holding it for like a second and releasing?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
just got three kills in a game where my buildings didn't load so i'm sure i'll be banned soon

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMq7WDeTr-E

Had a weird bug either with the game or with my keyboard where my guy would not stop walking, so I tried to fix it and hilarity ensued...

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!

AndyElusive posted:

This game feels like a Scrounging Around Simulator.

All I do is collect things, try to figure out what ammo goes with what guns, while running from dilapidated house to dilapidated house.

Until I get shot by someone a football stadium away.

Grab the first gun you see and go hunting.

sensy v2.0
May 12, 2001

AndyElusive posted:

This game feels like a Scrounging Around Simulator.

All I do is collect things, try to figure out what ammo goes with what guns, while running from dilapidated house to dilapidated house.

Until I get shot by someone a football stadium away.

Here is a list from memory with ammo type and weapons. I'm sure there is no such list anywhere else on the internet that is more correct!

9mm:
P92
PNUMBERSC the glock
Uzi
UMP9

.45:
P1911
Vector
Tommy Gun

5.56:
M16A4
SCAR-L
M416
M249

7.62:
Revolver
AKM
SKS
Kar9k
M24
Mk14
Groza

.50:
AWM

Shells:
S686 double barreled shotgun
Sfour numbers pump shotgun
S12K

Bolts:
Crossbow

sensy v2.0 fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Sep 5, 2017

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I could have sworn the AWM actually uses .300 magnums?

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!
P18c are the glock

revolther
May 27, 2008
VSS also needs to be in the 9mm category.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Hazdoc posted:

Misclick and jump early in a squad game where one of our people fails to connect, decide to land at jail. 2 teams drop there with me, I take the house on the top of the hill and come out with a crossbow and a helmet. One of the teams wipes the other, and I enter the main building and see an AK lying on the floor right away, pick it up...

and then wipe the whole squad solo. That was a great thrill. Too bad about my computer freezing up constantly whenever we were near military base, that place just causes my computer to poo poo itself for some reason. I hope this game gets some more optimization soon, because god drat.

This sounds like it's more on your end, although the game definitely needs a lot of work on that front.

Cindy Shitbird posted:

I could have sworn the AWM actually uses .300 magnums?

Correct

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
you forgot the most important ammo:
motorcycle sidecar motorcycle uaz boat dacia and buggy all use car ammo

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
When I started I just tried to remember:

5.56 (green boxes) are for the assault rifles except AKM.
7.62 (yellow boxes) are for sniper rifles and the AKM.
9mm (orange boxes) are for the common pistol/SMGs.
Shells are for shotguns.
.45 (blue boxes) are for a couple rarer guns.

Exceptions exist but you'll pick them up as you get more experience.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Squadding up with friends in irl is like a bad sitcom sometimes.

There's the New Guy who has played approximately two minutes of the game in total before squadding up.
The Hoarder who compulsively wants to loot until everyone has two assault rifles and more medpacks than a trauma team before we go anywhere.
And me, the Cool, Smart and is also being a Nice Guy (who may or may not get them all killed when he wants to rush as soon as we find half a pistol clip).

With the power of friendship we combine to usually die about 2 circles in.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

violent sex idiot posted:

you forgot the most important ammo:
motorcycle sidecar motorcycle uaz boat dacia and buggy all use car ammo

It's called gas cans.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010

Futuresight posted:

When I started I just tried to remember:

5.56 (green boxes) are for the assault rifles except AKM.
7.62 (yellow boxes) are for sniper rifles and the AKM.
9mm (orange boxes) are for the common pistol/SMGs.
Shells are for shotguns.
.45 (blue boxes) are for a couple rarer guns.

Exceptions exist but you'll pick them up as you get more experience.

Yeah, it doesnt take too long to figure them out once figure out the gun categories. It helps tremendously with learning them since they always drop ammo boxes on the gun.
I have over 200 hours in this game and I still haven't bothered to learn pistol names and sometimes screw up at the start of a gun race when 2 pistols are on top of each other and I grab the wrong ammo for the gun I pick up, and have to swap guns or pick up more ammo. Doesnt get me killed. It's just annoying.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

cosmicjim posted:

It's called gas cans.

What? No, this is wrong. It's car ammo

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

come on now, everyone knows the 1911 uses 45

bigmandan
Sep 11, 2001

lol internet
College Slice
Myself and some friends are pretty bad at this game, but we finally got a chicken dinner in squads over the weekend. Never thought that seeing those 4 yellow words pop up on the screen would feel so good.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
1911 is blue. 92 is red. revolver is yellow. easy.

sensy v2.0
May 12, 2001

Mouth ammo:
Painkillers
Red Bull Energy Drinks™
Adrenaline Syringe
Bandages
First Aids

bigmandan
Sep 11, 2001

lol internet
College Slice

sensy v2.0 posted:

Mouth ammo:
Painkillers
Red Bull Energy Drinks™
Adrenaline Syringe
Bandages
First Aids

Bandages and First Aid would be body ammo and the syringe would be blood/heart ammo

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

sensy v2.0 posted:

Mouth ammo:
Painkillers
Red Bull Energy Drinks™
Adrenaline Syringe
Bandages
First Aids

you forgot med kit.
did everyone know that a adrenaline shot takes up as much weight as a first aid kit

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

https://clips.twitch.tv/CourteousClearAniseKippa
woo

https://clips.twitch.tv/EncouragingMildWoodcockTBTacoLeft
I'm a good driver.

Nfcknblvbl fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Sep 5, 2017

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

violent sex idiot posted:

did everyone know that a adrenaline shot takes up as much weight as a first aid kit

Makes sense, the only thing inside the first aid kit is a syringe.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

I don't understand why the syringe isn't an instant full boost. (or at least significantly shorter than red-bull) I can't imagine it would be that OP...

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010

It's interesting the stronger meds and stims are worse than weaker ones because of use times and inventory space. That needs to be adjusted.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Qmass posted:

I don't understand why the syringe isn't an instant full boost. (or at least significantly shorter than red-bull) I can't imagine it would be that OP...

What?

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
Maybe he meant it should take two seconds - stick yourself and plunge and be done with it (Pulp Fiction). I'm guessing with the clunky slow simulator-ness of this game they're imagining that you have to clear clothes, alcohol swab the skin, and then do whatever nurses do with syringes.

e; spelling

RizieN fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Sep 5, 2017

Shayl
Apr 11, 2007

Good lord I suck so bad. I had a shotgun in someone's face yesterday and still missed.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

just have to jump out at the school every game until you become a killer and wipe out everyone that lands. practice makes perfect.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Qmass posted:

it even says in the description that it is instant or at least it used to

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
He did and, imo, he's partially right. As it stands, the syringe is only slightly faster than using an energy drink + painkiller, while it takes up more inventory space than that combination and it has the downside of being 'uncancellable' at either 3 or 6 seconds to at least gain some boost. Its cast time should either be reduced significantly or, imo, it should become a stack of five that all give 20% boost at a 1-1.5 second cast time.

Doorknob Slobber posted:

it even says in the description that it is instant or at least it used to

It does say that, but the notion of 'instant' is often misconstrued in this context. It is instant in the sense that there is no build-up of energy after the cast. However, the same goes for med kits, first aid kits, energy drinks and painkillers - i.e. everything except bandages. What he was talking about was that casting it should be instant.

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Sep 5, 2017

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I feel it's really hard to practice aiming in this game considering that even the shortest cycle between games is at least 5-10 minutes (queue, wait for a minute, fly and land, find a weapon, get shot).

Shayl
Apr 11, 2007

gmq posted:

I feel it's really hard to practice aiming in this game considering that even the shortest cycle between games is at least 5-10 minutes (queue, wait for a minute, fly and land, find a weapon, get shot).

This has been my experience but I figure I'll just persevere. My only problem is it scares the poo poo out of my every time I die so sometimes I need to just land where nobody is and have a chill game.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
To fix the afk problem, remove the free participation rewards, double the rewards for surviving and killing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
just had a situation where me and a guy both killed each other with punches at the same time. really strange. i thought that wasn't a thing?

• Locked thread