Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Unfortunalty last year we had 43C AND 90%. gently caress. that. poo poo. gently caress that with a bargepole in every possible way. Last summer was indescribably awful in whole new ways - Phoenix heat with Florida humidity.

We've had average temps this winter but with a twist - while the overall average is about spot on, the nights have been colder but no real cold day times to bring the average up... but we've also had gently caress all rain and low humidity. Hopefulyl some rain coming otherwise this is goign to be one hell of a bad fire season

Don't forget the wind, which is late this year but already miserable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Here in Adelaide we've had a shitload of rain and it's loving bitterly cold. Problem is that with the wet summer we have we're already at end of spring levels of growth in the bush with the spring flush to come still as it finally warms up. If we get a dry summer it's going to be one mother of a fire season

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

slothrop posted:

Don't forget the wind, which is late this year but already miserable.

Brutal riding in it yesterday.

I was thinking that the weather reminded me of August - we usually get a weeks worth of westerlies which until Sunday hadn't really turned up. It's like winter wants to persist but yet the Magipes are attacking early this year.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

jamal posted:

So gross out there today, this morning was the worst air quality we've had in town so far this fire season.

Yeah, the western US being on fire is putting out enough smoke that it's been Silent Hill all day all the way out here in Iowa. Red sun and overcast with smoke despite no rain anywhere on the radar.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Balding chat Mk Deux

As I am an emotional cornflake right now I got frustrated and shaved my full head of not-grey hair so hopefully I fit in better wit da old dudes.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

After fighting with it most of the day I got the loving stripped stud out. Luckily I was able to fit a long hacksaw blade through one of the wheel holes and chop it off, after breaking one blade and having to get another. Then the stud end fell into the parking brake drum of the rotor so I had to get the rotor off and the rotor was seized on the hub. No M8 bolts to break it loose, so another trip to HD and finally got the fucker out.

Thanks for loving up my weekend!

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

So you're wire brushing the gently caress out of the other lugs/studs to make sure they don't follow suit right?

Doesn't really matter, Irma gonna flood the whole state next week

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I think what happened is one of the stupid lug-centric lugs got caught on the wheel because the hole in the wheel is all hosed up. My dumbass fault really, because I should have hand spun them in as far as I could instead of relying on the impact to do the work.

But yeah, we're all gonna die this time next week so who cares

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

My wife needs a new car and I'm seeing a lot of really cheap newer Hyundai Velosters. What should I be wary of on these cars? How is Hyundai's DCT? Her current car is a manual so that wouldn't be a problem but I guess I'm getting old and boring because I like the idea of having at least one auto car in our fleet.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Irma is just doing what is necessary. Florida must descend into a post-apocalyptic nightmare in order that Sims's Truck may arrive in splendor.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Previa_fun posted:

My wife needs a new car and I'm seeing a lot of really cheap newer Hyundai Velosters. What should I be wary of on these cars? How is Hyundai's DCT? Her current car is a manual so that wouldn't be a problem but I guess I'm getting old and boring because I like the idea of having at least one auto car in our fleet.

They're tight in the back seat. Really tight. A friend of mine has a late model one (2015?). I'm 5'7 and can't sit in the back at all.

Don't plan to use the back seat to actually hold people.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Not looking good guys, Cat5 180mph :ohdear:

People already in freak out mode. All the stores around me sold out of generators so i had to order one online :v:

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Sep 5, 2017

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Don't worry the US will be fine because Trump thinks Puerto Rico is Mexico.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

And climate change is a myth too lol.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
he might care if mar-a-whateverthefuckitscalled is affected

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

BraveUlysses posted:

That's what insurance is for.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Just looked into the Irma situation.

RIP

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
maybe this will force america to start taking climate change seriously hahahaha

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Well my Dad was going to fly up from Miami this weekend but it looks like the whole family might need to stay. At least I'll only have to do night diaper changes right.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Well in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter what Trump thinks, because Irma gives no fucks and a lot of people in Florida are going to be homeless by sunday if it continues on this track. There will be loss of life as well, this is a serious loving hurricane and I hope to god that it takes a hard right turn north into the atlantic for everyone's sake.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

fridge corn posted:

maybe this will force america to start taking climate change seriously hahahaha

Yeah I know, an impending natural disaster is super funny lol

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Applebees Appetizer posted:

that's not the part of my post that's funny

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Making jokes isn't going to make the hurricane worse though, and posting on a message board online isn't going to do much to influence national policy. If it takes two massive hurricannes two weeks from each other loving up major economic zones to get people to even maybe start taking climate change seriously, so be it. Truly the only thing that will is stuff like this happening. Irma indeed gives no fucks and neither did Harvey. I want it to swing back out to the Atlantic too but sooner or later man :(

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Unfortunately though anyone not personally suffering 2 weeks after irma passes will put it out of their mind and if they didn't believe in science before they won't then. That's not a dig at Americans, that's human nature.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

BRB getting gill surgery to prepare for my new underwater life.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

BraveUlysses posted:

I really don't want the hurricane to hit, because we are woefully unprepared for such a thing.

But Trump's golf course in vacation house getting absolutely demolished would make me infinitely happy.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

You know he 100% would get it rebuilt with taxpayers money though.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

cakesmith handyman posted:

Unfortunately though anyone not personally suffering 2 weeks after irma passes will put it out of their mind and if they didn't believe in science before they won't then. That's not a dig at Americans, that's human nature.

Exactly. And the victims will be too busy trying to survive to care.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Good luck Florida ghost. :(

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Not looking good guys, Cat5 180mph :ohdear:

People already in freak out mode. All the stores around me sold out of generators so i had to order one online :v:

Cat 5 - 200 MPH now.

https://twitter.com/RyanMaue/status/905116582518693889

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Orlando will probably be ok, but RIP costal areas.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I Hope the Keys are still there after Irma passes

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

ExplodingSims posted:

Orlando will probably be ok, but RIP costal areas.

I don't know, if that eye is still organized and it goes over Orlando it will not be good. If it hits the coast at a 5, it will still be at a 4 or 3 over land, so basically any place near the eye is going to be in very bad shape.

I'm just hoping the eye doesn't get close enough to me to do severe damage to my house. I can deal with power outages, no biggie.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
My wife, mother-in-law, and a couple of their relatives are in Lake Placid right now :ohdear:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
That big crocodile could get them

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

that big crocodiles gonna get swept up with the hurricane. crocicane

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
If I had a dick, this is where I'd tell you to suck it

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people
On the note of cars kicking you in the dick. Saturday morning I put a new TPS, fuel filter, and fuel pump in my wrx. It drove awesome again. Saturday evening it cracked the O2 sensor bung out of the uppipe and dropped it on the highways. Hurray another $300 in parts!

In between the success then failure, I took my mountain bike out, couldn't get the bead to seat on the rear wheel so after an hour of floor pumping I just put the tube back in and only rode 4 miles cause I was too tired from pumping in 90 degrees sun and more than 80% humidity. Now I can't ride the bike cause I don't have a working car it can fit in.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Bugger. I have an test sample to send to a lab in Florida this week, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

fridge corn posted:

that big crocodiles gonna get swept up with the hurricane. crocicane

CROCKNADO: THE HEART OF CROCKNESS coming this weekend to a 3rd rate tv station and redbox near you

• Locked thread