Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koalas March
May 21, 2007

berserker posted:

I just finished watching these, gently caress these are really pro clicks. Thank you KM.
You're welcome!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
The best rebuttal to Steve King is that he himself grew up surrounded by American values, beliefs, morals and compassion and not one loving drop of them ever influenced HIS worldview.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

...how many gifs do you have, KM? I am genuinely impressed.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

So is Dow taking a poo poo because of DACA ending?

Yeah man, look at this huge crash going on.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

So is Dow taking a poo poo because of DACA ending?

No no no, it must be something else.

https://twitter.com/matt_levine/status/905118908683833345

Yes that sounds reasonable.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Candice Patton does not belong on the first post of a page!

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

https://twitter.com/woodruffbets/status/905124781221085184

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I skimmed through the news posts, wheres the god damned anger at the group of red state AGs that forced Donnie to make a decision by threatening a law suit against DACA today?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

PhazonLink posted:

I skimmed through the news posts, wheres the god damned anger at the group of red state AGs that forced Donnie to make a decision by threatening a law suit against DACA today?

they didn't actually force him to do poo poo this is all on him

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

mcmagic posted:

They should run ads on this.

Sadly, I don't think they would help. Sanity would suggest a "oh no, they are taking away overtime from workers, that's bad!" reaction. Reality suggests a "good, *I* don't get overtime, why should those fat cats who work for THE GOVERNMENT get it" one.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

AceOfFlames posted:

...how many gifs do you have, KM? I am genuinely impressed.

Enough to suit my needs

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

evilweasel posted:

you can never really explain why the stock market is doing anything and it's noisy as all hell so i wouldn't try to read into it too much. that said, the current rally since trump was elected is virtually entirely based on the assumption that republicans will be successful in cutting taxes. i would look at things in that lens: if it's because of DACA, it's more about if stuffing DACA onto the legislative calendar before the midterm elections makes it a little less likely taxes get cut.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

evilweasel posted:

you can never really explain why the stock market is doing anything and it's noisy as all hell so i wouldn't try to read into it too much. that said, the current rally since trump was elected is virtually entirely based on the assumption that republicans will be successful in cutting taxes. i would look at things in that lens: if it's because of DACA, it's more about if stuffing DACA onto the legislative calendar before the midterm elections makes it a little less likely taxes get cut.

What do you think's going to happen if when the stock market realizes Trump is a literal lead poo poo and/or the GOP still can't govern and tax reform crashes and burns?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

PhazonLink posted:

Nobody forced Big Hands Donnie I to anything, he's the President

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Sassy Stonewalling with SHuckS now live: https://www.whitehouse.gov/live/press-briefing-press-secretary-sarah-sanders-9

starting right off with DACA

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

I think he's ready for a chair
God I loving hate sanders so much more than i ever hated Spicer

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Hi!

We moved into manufactured housing in the Bay Area because the mortgage, combined with lot rent and insurance, plus getting a car and insurance for that, was still cheaper than the apartment we'd been renting for 7 years. If we live here for 11 years (9 more), it will entirely pay for itself.

AMA.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Candice Patton does not belong on the first post of a page!

My posts are tax exempt

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Cabbit posted:

What do you think's going to happen if when the stock market realizes Trump is a literal lead poo poo and/or the GOP still can't govern and tax reform crashes and burns?

Basically the economic equivalent of :unsmigghh:.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Beachcomber posted:

Hi!

We moved into manufactured housing in the Bay Area because the mortgage, combined with lot rent and insurance, plus getting a car and insurance for that, was still cheaper than the apartment we'd been renting for 7 years. If we live here for 11 years (9 more), it will entirely pay for itself.

AMA.

Would you like to move to Alabama, I'm selling a 3br 2ba house of 1567 sqft for $80000. New windows.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

RiggenBlaque posted:

God I loving hate sanders so much more than i ever hated Spicer

I can't stand to watch these briefings at all because I hate her so much.

I don't think she's ever actually answered a question in any of them anyway. Like I'm not even joking, has she actually answered anything?

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Cabbit posted:

Nothing. Those assumptions are already priced in.

The only thing that would crash the market is an unforeseen event. And Trump being a shithead was definitely not unforeseen.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Beachcomber posted:

Hi!

AMA.

do you know where the closest evac shelter is and how to get there?

do you have both hurricane and flood insurance?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Profoundly evil.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

skylined! posted:

do you know where the closest evac shelter is and how to get there?

do you have both hurricane and flood insurance?

Wrong coast, dingus. :haw:

Bay Area is almost always describing San Francicso.

e- Esp. when capitalized.

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Sep 5, 2017

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Would you like to move to Alabama, I'm selling a 3br 2ba house of 1567 sqft for $80000. New windows.

Please don't threaten fellow posters with moving to Alabama.

Confirmation Clarke is now a Senior Adviser for for the America first PAC.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/905128601376493569

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Cabbit posted:

the market will likely drop if the market concludes that tax cuts won't actually happen because that tax cut is already priced in. that said, the other half of the bubble is there's nowhere else for the money to go: there's too much capital chasing returns because interest rates are still effectively zero, so we'll see: forcasting the stock market is usually a fools' errand because while it tends to always revert to the fundamentals, when it is going to do that is virtually impossible to predict

the collapse of bear stearns should have told everyone the jig was up w/r/t the subprime mortgage crisis but somehow the music kept playing for another half a year until lehman collapsed back in 2008

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

farraday posted:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/905128601376493569

So basically he has a ceremonial position with zero real responsibility?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

KickerOfMice posted:

Wrong coast, dingus. :haw:

Bay Area is almost always describing San Fran.

e- Esp. when capitalized.

oh man

i got swept up in the flood of derails

i can't believe i stormed in and waved around such depressing questions

next time i'll hurri-consider the point of topic before surging in with a response

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So basically he has a ceremonial position with zero responsibility?

And likely a large paycheck.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

So, killing DACA can only lead down two paths:

A. This is the worst thing the administration will do to immigrants, and all subsequent policies will be *only* equally harmful or less harmful.
B. This is not the worst thing the administration will do to immigrants, and some subsequent actions will actually be *worse*.

The administration definitely wants B (we have every reason to believe that they will only get worse, not better), and ending DACA is probably a bridge to expanding action against legal immigrants or coming down harder on illegal immigrants. But what can they actually get away with that's worse than this?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So basically he has a ceremonial position with zero real responsibility?

Aka Wingnut Welfare

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
lol "you've said it's unconstitutional but how does Trump feel about the actual DACA program"

her answer is sooo stumbling and squirmy it's great

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

farraday posted:

all things considered isn't this a pretty good (for the rest of the country) place for him to land?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

enraged_camel posted:

Nothing. Those assumptions are already priced in.

The only thing that would crash the market is an unforeseen event. And Trump being a shithead was definitely not unforeseen.

i dont think the risk of tax cuts failing is priced in, but even if it is, that risk going from what it is now to 100% should move the market because it's a minority view that failure to pass tax cuts is even a 50% shot

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

skylined! posted:

all things considered isn't this a pretty good (for the rest of the country) place for him to land?

I mean, if you don't consider jail a possibility, sure.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Every time a DREAMer gets deported Trump's base's boners get bigger.

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

I think he's ready for a chair
Pretty funny watching these reporters constantly asking for more details about what the administration's policy is towards DACA and shucks has no answers because the loving administration has no policy aside from "gently caress obama's legacy"

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

evilweasel posted:

i dont think the risk of tax cuts failing is priced in, but even if it is, that risk going from what it is now to 100% should move the market because it's a minority view that failure to pass tax cuts is even a 50% shot

I would put it under 10% chance of passing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Sanders' repeated line of "Congress was elected to do this thing, and if they aren't willing to do their job they should step out of the way and let us take care of it" is deliciously fascist

• Locked thread