Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
E★MO★TION

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Punk my butt, Dax.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mikedawson posted:

I will say this about TAZ fanart: It's kind of funny to me that nobody draws Carey as anything similar to what dragonborn canonically look like in dnd. She tends to look more like a kobold, anything.

Though to be fair, the canon dragonborn design looks kind of weird.

Probably comes from Griffin describing Carey as small and 'more of a lizardborn'. Plus she's a rogue so you'd imagine she's maybe smaller and a bit more lithe. Additionally the mental image of a little dragonborn with a big orc girlfriend is too cute.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xywyeYLhevU

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
Every time I see 'Dax' in the title I think it's gonna be an extended Deep Space Nine riff. It never is :(

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
It makes me think about Daz and I get excited for a round of the king's game

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Colonel Whitey posted:

It makes me think about Daz and I get excited for a round of the king's game

Griffin has ruined my Everybody's Golf experience because I constantly whisper 'kiss that egg' when I have to putt now.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

sexpig by night posted:

Griffin has ruined my Everybody's Golf experience because I constantly whisper 'kiss that egg' when I have to putt now.

I do the same thing when I play actual golf and it has honestly improved my game.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Nah man you pull waaaay back AND SURPRISE IT

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

sexpig by night posted:

Do you ask your friends how they liked the tightest loving swish they've ever seen when you sink a good shot?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
No but "give that man his 15 dollars!" Is very common to say when playing nba 2k since stuff like "slam dunk 20 vc" popping up is always funny to me.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I don't remember seeing anything formally announced in this thread, so just a heads up:

Griffin and Rachel have been talking about going in a new, non-Bachelor family of shows direction for a while now, but last week they finally announced what they're going to be discussing instead: just random poo poo they like! If you like Griffin content but you've been avoiding Rose Buddies because you hate reality TV, there's really no reason not to check it out now.

For a good example of what this show will be like, check out Ep. 77 of Rose Buddiez

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
https://twitter.com/wonderfulpod/status/905079625801502720

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
Conveniently, it's not a new podcast but a renaming of Rose Buddies. The first ep seems like it's going to be a CGI but with romance reality shows. Neat!

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

I've never listened to Rose Buddies because I have no interest in the subject matter but I'll check out the re-branded version. It seems like I have almost none of the same taste in media as Griffin so I'm hoping the discussion is at least interesting to people unfamiliar with the media they discuss. Maybe they'll even turn me on to some new cool stuff that I didn't know I'd like.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Kenny Logins posted:

Conveniently, it's not a new podcast but a renaming of Rose Buddies. The first ep seems like it's going to be a CGI but with romance reality shows. Neat!

This actually sounds like it might be fun. I may give it a listen.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

If you've been reluctant to listen to Rose Buddies because of the subject matter, check out their episodes on Baby TV and Good Things That We Like, they're great intros to the show's style without any of the icky stuff. If you're up for a little icky but still don't want to watch the shows or even remember the contestants' names, the Roze Buddiez episode on Please Marry My Boy and the Are You The One miniseries are fantastic - really, any of the Roze Buddiez stuff is a safe bet.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I don't remember the Terrace House episodes they did being particularly compelling, but it's an amazing show I'm glad they made me aware of.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/travismcelroy/status/905126244894822400

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Travis is surely into the triple digits for podcasts started

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If I'm going to listen to a fancast for a children's show it will be for a fun one like Power Rangers.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
I mean it's basically his full-time job at this point right? Justin & Griffin still work for Polygon, but this whole podcast/new media thing is all Travis does now it seems

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

dogsicle posted:

I don't remember the Terrace House episodes they did being particularly compelling, but it's an amazing show I'm glad they made me aware of.
I liked their TH eps quite a lot. Given that AS is much slower paced, but that they could lean on the prior coverage of the core concept, that one was pretty fun.

In my own way...

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

well why not posted:

Travis is surely into the triple digits for podcasts started

You're right, life IS good. :allears:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Man, one day there will be a Travis podcast that actually has a premise appealing to me, and boy howdy when that day comes I will be thrilled.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

SpacePig posted:

Man, one day there will be a Travis podcast that actually has a premise appealing to me, and boy howdy when that day comes I will be thrilled.
You won't have to wait long, dude is straight up addicted to starting and then leaving podcasts.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Travis is rad and all, but his tastes are completely the opposite of my own. It's a shame because he's so funny, but there's no goddamn way I am watching a minute of Dr. Who.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

well why not posted:

Travis is rad and all, but his tastes are completely the opposite of my own. It's a shame because he's so funny, but there's no goddamn way I am watching a minute of Dr. Who.

I mean, you hardly need to watch a show to listen to a recap podcast. I still haven't seen a minute of The Bachelor and I've listened to all of Rose Buddies

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I like it, but not enough to buy it and they're not streaming the latest season anywhere. Maybe next time, Travis. Also.

DoombatINC posted:

If you've been reluctant to listen to Rose Buddies because of the subject matter, check out their episodes on Baby TV and Good Things That We Like, they're great intros to the show's style without any of the icky stuff. If you're up for a little icky but still don't want to watch the shows or even remember the contestants' names, the Roze Buddiez episode on Please Marry My Boy and the Are You The One miniseries are fantastic - really, any of the Roze Buddiez stuff is a safe bet.

DoombatINC I have something serious to ask of you. It is SUPER important to me, personally.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

The latest Rose Buddies was me realizing Griffin and I have very different tastes when it comes to making imaginary tv shows.

Erwin
Feb 17, 2006

Boy, Griffin really leaned into the Griffin-speak this week on MBMBaM, huh? I usually enjoy the purposeful mispronunciations and weird sentence cadence, but it's like he was doing a Griffin McElroy impression and emphasizing it. I still enjoyed the episode though v:shobon:v

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

If you're looking for a podcast by Rachel and Griffin for people who don't like The Bachelor, I would recommend Rose Buddies, a year long journey in which Rachel and Griffin come to terms with the fact that The Bachelor sucks and they hate watching it

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Ariong posted:

DoombatINC I have something serious to ask of you. It is SUPER important to me, personally.

Does it involve your boy and the please marrying thereof? :ohdear:

Democratic Pirate posted:

The latest Rose Buddies was me realizing Griffin and I have very different tastes when it comes to making imaginary tv shows.

Me too, actually. I felt strongly opposed to almost every choice he made, which felt weird because I didn't know that I had preconceived biases about what I wanted in a made-up dating series :v:

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

SpacePig posted:

I really liked In Case of Emergency and was hoping Bunker Buddies would be a sort of relaunch for it, but it was not.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
i'm kind of surprised none of the boys have a great british bake off fancast, it seems right up their alley

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

DoombatINC posted:

Does it involve yo-

Pleeeeeeeaaaaaaase marrymyboy!!

Ahem. Yeah as much I love Griffin, International Date Line sounds like a super boring show.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
He's obviously binging on Hollywood Handbook

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.
Catching up on MBMBAM episodes from the beginning. I just hit 97, where they seriously discuss doing a D&D podcast over the Internet. I wonder if anything comes of that?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

ThatOneGuy posted:

Catching up on MBMBAM episodes from the beginning. I just hit 97, where they seriously discuss doing a D&D podcast over the Internet. I wonder if anything comes of that?

I have a question -- was the first TAZ actually an episode of MBMAM, or how did that work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

http://www.maximumfun.org/my-brother-my-brother-and-me/my-brother-my-brother-and-me-adventure-zone