Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I will run my own fight on Monday if no one else does.

Where is the other new commish? We had 2 added right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Spermy Smurf posted:

I didn't get any volunteers this time.

Any volunteers?

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

Spermy Smurf posted:

*muffled sounds of mount and blade combat*

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Hey it was fun while it lasted, nothing lasts forever, thanks for coming everyone! :v:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I dont know what I was thinking when I said monday. I did an upgrade over the weekend for a customer and I'm still tweaking the poo poo they use once a quarter and didn't bother to test in the test environment.

Zeetoo ded?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Need to get a new comp so I can run these if needed

that won't be for awhile

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I was working on an update and was about to post it.

I guess you all have to wait another week.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Aug 30, 2017

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
Jazzimus what have you done

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Confirmed, everything lost in a nightmarish gray hellscape of 'refused to connect'.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
:stonk:

Let me go fix that.

EDIT: The annual hosting was up for renewal TODAY, and I was on autobill, and they DID charge my card and sent me a receipt... I'm bitching at them right now, brb.

EDIT2: Hell, maybe I should host this on my home Gbps fiber line instead, which just got hit by Hurricane Harvey and is still truckin' along.

Jazzimus Prime fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Aug 30, 2017

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
:siren: WE ARE BACK :siren:

I will be demanding an After Action Report from the hosting provider

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
And I'm not disappeared as far as running so much as... harried. I don't know that tomorrow or the next day will be great, but I promise* we'll finish up the round this weekend.

*guarantee not guaranteed**

**but, no, I've actually blocked out time for this

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
:siren: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE :siren:

Hello there my fellow fans of virtual arena violence.

I've never done this before, but...

Quite a few of you have asked how you can help the Arena Challenge in any way, even financially.

Well, I don't need any of your Armok-drat money.

But, you know what? Some of my neighbors do.

Anyone who posts a receipt from a donation to a reputable Hurricane Harvey relief charity gets 1000 current-tournament dorfbucks and a DORFCOIN* for each dollar donated!

Post a screenshot of the receipt in the Tech Support thread, or e-mail it to my e-mail address in the Tech Support thread, and the dorfbux and dorfcoins are yours. You can even post it in this thread, I don't mind; but I would strongly suggest you mask any personal information and especially any credit card numbers. But you already know that, right?

We're on the honor system here, I know that most of us are clever enough to know that it's easy to fake a web receipt screenshot. And we're also all enlightened enough to know that faking a screenshot for virtual dorfbucks means spending eternity in Hell. And I know and love you guys** enough to know none of you would ever do it.

Already donated? Great! If I get your receipt, you can double-dip and get Arena credit for what you already gave!

If you are not in a position where you can donate, there is no shame in that. And please don't feel obligated to do anything, I'm not trying to lay a guilt trip on anyone. But keep in mind this is your chance to buy your way to a betting title

*Dorfcoins, the decentralized virtual currency of the future of the battlefield, have not been implemented yet. But with your donation, you can get them before anyone else!

**In the generic non-gendered sense, I would say y'all but non-Texans might not be familiar with that term

Jazzimus Prime fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Aug 31, 2017

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

you should spot anyone hit by Harvey those dorfbux too. They just gotta send in a photo full of blue sevens

Selious
Mar 11, 2007

Master Defenestrator
As someone who had to work on Labor day, it saddens me to not see more blood spilled on the arena floor

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
Rip arena challenge

My poor dorf didn't even get to score

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
:siren: Round 2, Fight 2 :siren:

Totally not everyone throwing spear (0-1) is on the left side of the arena.
Hurly (Spermy Smurf) is a female strangler. She wields a wooden shield and an iron pilum and wears no armor.
Punching Bag (Galick) is a male troll. He is empty handed and wears an iron helm, two iron mail shirts, an iron breast plate, iron leggings, iron gauntlets, and iron high boots.
Ihadtoknow (habituallyred) is a female soldier ant woman. She wields two iron throwing axes and wears no armor.
Bling swing (Selious) is a male minotaur. He wields two silver bucklers and wears a bronze cap.

Feels A Bit Chilly (1-0) is on the right side of the arena.
Bowbold the Bold (Dance Officer) is a male dwarf. He wields an iron crossbow and wears no armor.
Naked Snake (astus) is a male serpent man. He wields an iron large dagger and wears no armor.
Polybolos in Strangler Camo (AJ_Impy) is a male strangler. He wields two iron pilums and wears no armor.
Fourlearned Is (Coward) is a female molemarian. She wields a copper spear and a wooden shield and wears no armor.

Feels A Bit Chilly is a 1.36 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 5500.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 4033.00 dwarfbucks for Totally not everyone throwing spear.

The nudists on the right have completely foregone armor in favor for weapon skill. Lets see how that turns out.

Hurly, probably the best gladiator to have ever graced the arena, lands a direct hit to Bowbolds right leg. The bone crumples, ACL and MCL are snapped, and Bowbold falls to the floor.

IHadToKnow takes Bowbolds bolt through her second right arm.

And now it's 2v2 in the center of the arena. Punching Bag does what he does and takes a punch that snaps his head back while Bling Swing blocks three consecutive attacks on his buckler.

Troll blood flies to mix with moleman blood and snakeman blood.

Bling Swing crushes Naked Snakes left arm with his buckler, and aside of some general scratching (which tears skin and bruises bone) not much damage is being done.

Four more projectiles launch. Two pictured above, 2 immediately after. One bounced off of Punching Bags breastplate, other is blocked by Hurlys shield.

And now Totally not everyone throwing spears is all in.

IHadToKnow axes the already-wounded snake and down goes Naked Snake. Another strike takes his head.

Fourlearned is the lone enemy while four weapons fly at the moleman. Two projectiles fly into the crowd, and then Polybolos charges. Punching Bags armor turns another of Bowbolds arrows while Polybolos last javelin punches through IHadToKnow's thorax and pierces her heart.

The plucky antwoman is still in the fight though.

Bling Swing takes a minute from his day to reflect on the days events.

Fourlearned loses an arm, and then Hurly stabs the moleman in the back foot and the sheer force from the blow travels up the moleman and twists the spine so badly that the moleman is now paralyzed from the waist down.

:siren:****IMAGE MISSING****:siren:
Polybolos arrives and loses a leg completely to IHadToKnow's axe. Down goes the lesser strangler.

At the same time the Greater Strangler (Hurly) stabs Fourlearned's arm in half and the moleman bleeds out.

Bowbold launches another arrow to save Polybolos, but all it does is pierce IHadToKnow's thorax for a second time.

It's 4v1. Punching Bag wrenches the iron pilum from the stranglers weak grasp. Polybolos loses a second leg to Bling Swings buckler and the now-unconscious strangler loses his head to IHadToKnow's axe.

And now it's just 4v1 and it's just an archer.

Oh come on, gently caress this game.

The dwarf is down and severely wounded and can't keep up with 4 enemies.
Hurly gets the kill with Punching Bag helping with his stolen pilum.

Totally not everyone throwing spears wins with a decisive 4-0 victory.

Kills:
Hurly: 2
IHadToKnow: 2

Combat Log

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Sep 5, 2017

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Shot through the heart, but I'm too late. I give launchers a bad name.:(

Selious
Mar 11, 2007

Master Defenestrator

Combat Log posted:

Bling Swing_TOTES strikes Fourlearned_FEELS in the upper body with his silver buckler, bruising the muscle, jamming the left true ribs through the heart and tearing apart the heart!
A major artery in the heart has been opened by the attack!

Bling Swing_TOTES strikes Naked Snake_FEELS in the head with his silver buckler, bruising the muscle and shattering the skull!
The force twists the neck, tearing apart the fat and bruising the muscle and tearing apart the upper spine's nervous tissue!
A tendon in the upper spine has been torn!

Turns out you don't need much of a heart or brain to fight, though I lost track of how many parts of Fourlearned had been exploded into gore. Nice to see our team put in work after all that waiting

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

AJ_Impy posted:

Shot through the heart,

And you're to blame

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
Apparently enemy archers just hate Bowbold.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Astus posted:

Apparently enemy archers just hate Bowbold.

It's bad luck that he's on top (first one to get targeted) and doesn't have a shield.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
A heartless execution of the enemy team. Just what I wanted when I picked an ant.

Incidentally real ants do have a central circulatory pump.

Edit: Also new round points are in, so get going.

habituallyred fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Sep 5, 2017

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

Yay! 4 for 4 on bets this past round!

Now to gently caress it up for next round. :V

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
The playoff picture for this tournament is very simple:

The winner of Totally not everyone throwing spear vs. Arm Reduction is in

The winner of Three Strong Women & Frick vs. Feels A Bit Chilly is in

The winner of Big Trouble vs. Morning Routine is in

The winner of The Windy Whirly Farters vs. Projectile Vomit actually doesn't matter at all because Projectile Vomit is already in and The Windy Whirly Farters are already eliminated

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
OK, I've updated my fighter! You can start the next round now!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Updated and ready to die again

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Fuubi posted:

OK, I've updated my fighter! You can start the next round now!

Oh, I didn't even realize! Updated as well.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
I will update in like 5 hours after I get off work.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I will be unable to update my fighter if there's anything to do for the Shaver of Beards due to the inbound hurricane and will be evacuating, sorry. :(

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Cythereal posted:

I will be unable to update my fighter if there's anything to do for the Shaver of Beards due to the inbound hurricane and will be evacuating, sorry. :(

Could probably have a commish or jazzimus update them for you

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
Punching Bag is still a punching bag.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

verbal enema posted:

Could probably have a commish or jazzimus update them for you

Place I've currently evaced to has internet. Updated.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Disaster survival tips:

1) Get out of the zone of immediate danger
2) Update your fighter
3) Locate a water supply

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Clean water supply.

There's water aplenty as is.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
It doesn't really need to be clean. That's a myth.

The human body has ways to shut it down if it's legitimatly unclean water. Or is that just women that have that ability? I am so bad with human biology.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

If you put a well on top it's good to go.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
My fighter is Updated and ready to fling copper javelins uselessly while his outnumbered teammates die in the middle of the arena, losing me thousands of dorfbux.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
Has everyone updated their fighters yet, where is the blood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Update ya fighters ya bums