Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Drunk Nerds posted:

Best rbs, decent depth. Wrs are suspect but still serviceable, and you grabbed some developing talent. TE and QB are top 6.
I'd say you played the waiting game just right, considering you overpayed on bell and DJ by about $20. Overall, I'd give it an A-, 90/100

Getting Bell and Johnson and having more than $1 left for every other spot is a massive win in my book. God drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big fork small knife
Jan 23, 2006

MrSargent posted:

Shameless bump. Tell me I didn't do so bad (despite owning much too large of a share of the Lions)

I like it. I'm kinda high on Abdullah and especially Tate this season and Stafford has always been good to me (except for a couple weeks where he wasn't great and I started him over Cousins and missed out on the playoffs). If Abdullah gets hurt or is disappointing again, Doug Martin should be a decent RB2 after his suspension. Don't trust any Patriots RBs, but that might just be me.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

TheManWithNoName posted:

Analyzers say to do this, just want to make sure. Yahoo, standard, 14 teams. My current RBs are Bell and Crowell.

I give:
Hunter Henry TE LAC
Kareem Hunt RB KC

I get:
Jordan Reed TE WAS
Latavius Murray RB MIN

I wouldn't do that trade. I really think Henry will be the TE to own in LA and Hunt is a featured back, Murray isn't. Yeah Reed is an improvement, but you lose so much more in the transition from Hunt to Murray. Plus it's a 14 team league. Starting RBs are worth so much more.

MacheteZombie posted:

Do people think he can skip suspension by being cut and re-signed or something?

I don't think he'd be cut, but he wouldn't be on the active roster if he's suspended. At least, that's the line of thinking I think people have. I don't know enough about the fine print of suspensions/contracts/etc.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

big fork small knife posted:

I like it. I'm kinda high on Abdullah and especially Tate this season and Stafford has always been good to me (except for a couple weeks where he wasn't great and I started him over Cousins and missed out on the playoffs). If Abdullah gets hurt or is disappointing again, Doug Martin should be a decent RB2 after his suspension. Don't trust any Patriots RBs, but that might just be me.

Dion Lewis was literally my last pick and was done because when he was healthy, he was actually pretty consistent with great upside. I'm not "trusting" him until I see his usage over the first few games and can drop him if need be. I know that I ended up with so many Lions players because they kept dropping and that offense is going to need to put up huge points because their defense is a sieve. I guess the guy I could get rid of would be Ebron.

big fork small knife
Jan 23, 2006

MrSargent posted:

Dion Lewis was literally my last pick and was done because when he was healthy, he was actually pretty consistent with great upside. I'm not "trusting" him until I see his usage over the first few games and can drop him if need be. I know that I ended up with so many Lions players because they kept dropping and that offense is going to need to put up huge points because their defense is a sieve. I guess the guy I could get rid of would be Ebron.

Yeah, that's true about Lewis. Not like you're counting on him to be a starter just yet, so you've got time to see how the NE situation shakes out. I've got Ebron and Abdullah (and just missed out on Tate and Stafford) in my draft yesterday, so I'm def with you in optimism for Detroit's offense. My only worry is Robinson taking over for Decker at LT. He's been doing ok from what I've heard, but he was just so bad on the Rams. If that offensive line works out, I'd be pumped to own a bunch of Lions.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
Got roped into drafting someone's team in an auction draft. First one ever. $100 budget, I can basically just cut beer sheet values in half right?

Also, how do I draft a good team in an auction format. Studs and duds? Just hunt for value?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I think I feel pretty ok with this... I'll feel a lot better if Luck isn't dead

12 teams, 1PPR, Crowell and Thomas were keepers

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Jose Valasquez posted:

I think I feel pretty ok with this... I'll feel a lot better if Luck isn't dead

12 teams, 1PPR, Crowell and Thomas were keepers

I like it. I probably wouldn't have gotten Luck if I had Rivers, but your team is pretty solid even with Luck on your bench.

Enemu
May 31, 2014
Anyone with some tips/tricks for doing well in a 14 team league? Draft was a shitshow in hindsight (I drafted Spencer Ware :smithicide:) but the last couple years I've sorta just sat on my guys and made the playoffs and lost. There historically hasn't been a lot of movement because FA/Waivers is so drat thin. Any just general ideas on how to outsmart these chucklefucks?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Enemu posted:

Anyone with some tips/tricks for doing well in a 14 team league? Draft was a shitshow in hindsight (I drafted Spencer Ware :smithicide:) but the last couple years I've sorta just sat on my guys and made the playoffs and lost. There historically hasn't been a lot of movement because FA/Waivers is so drat thin. Any just general ideas on how to outsmart these chucklefucks?

Depending on bench size, try to grab all the RBs on waivers/FA. I mean, I do this in all leagues but in a 14 teamer, it'll be good trade ammo.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Enemu posted:

But know who the best handcuffs are, and be prepared to stash people for several weeks. Get a 4for4 sub and start reading up on depth chart moves if there are any. Last year I grabbed Jordan Howard when I heard he took over as the 2 back in Chi and a week later he was the starter.

Edit: As also stated get Depth. Injuries are gonna come and if you don't have people who can fill your gonna scrounge for RB 50 praying he gets a TD every week.

Edit: Just realized you already drafted.

Paint Crop Pro fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Sep 5, 2017

Enemu
May 31, 2014
Snake.

Settings are all standard ESPN settings. I have a really strong top end, but then it drops to absolute crap in no small part because lolKCinjuries (my WRs are Crabtree and Desean Jackson with Coleman as a bench/Flex guy).

I went ahead and picked up Morris/Breida this morning to play the whole handcuff/someone is getting hurt game. Trying to swing Henry to the Demarco owner for a receiver but we'll see how that goes.

Did I totally gently caress myself wrt receivers? I feel like there isn't much depth for guys that will consistently give you, well, something.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

TBH your WR are pretty rough.

You could look and see if players on really bad offenses are available. Or start throwing darts. Look for Robbie Anderson, Paul Richardson, Marquise Goodwin etc.

They probably won't be much but you gotta look really deep and hope something sticks.

Edit: Phillip Dorset is a decent lotto ticket as well.

Enemu
May 31, 2014
Here's my roster

Got kinda brutalized by Ware. Fantasypros thinks I'm 5/14 somehow because I really play with some big time dummies.

I'm thinking grab the depth guys like I did this morning and really try to swing for a reliable WR. Suggestions?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I still have one team to go, but I feel pretty good about my two teams so far.

and

The first one was auto-drafted because I got the date wrong. I'm gonna try to move Big Ben to one of the Yinz homers, but not sure if I want to shore up WR or RB more.

Second team I just outright feel good about. I pretty much have to play McFadden every week until Zeke is back, right? Also is Gurley gonna suck out loud again or what?

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Sep 5, 2017

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

OxySnake posted:

I'm really torn between Dorsett lotto ticket or Doctson lotto ticket. Something tells me Dorsetts gonna be a forgotten addition to the myriad of Patriots WR's and that Doctson is going to get healthy and take over TPS's spot in a Gruden offense. On the other hand watch Dorsett become the outside route king in that offense and Doctson be injured/ineffectual all year.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Doltos posted:

I'm really torn between Dorsett lotto ticket or Doctson lotto ticket. Something tells me Dorsetts gonna be a forgotten addition to the myriad of Patriots WR's and that Doctson is going to get healthy and take over TPS's spot in a Gruden offense. On the other hand watch Dorsett become the outside route king in that offense and Doctson be injured/ineffectual all year.

I'd take Dotson over Dorsett. Outside route king is Brandon Cooks all year.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

OxySnake posted:

TBH your WR are pretty rough.

You could look and see if players on really bad offenses are available. Or start throwing darts. Look for Robbie Anderson, Paul Richardson, Marquise Goodwin etc.

They probably won't be much but you gotta look really deep and hope something sticks.

No he's not. He stinks. I'd rather have Robbie Anderson, Kearse, Jeremy Kerley, practically anyone else before I grab Dorsett.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I'm mad at Dorsett for derailing the Carr hype. Now he's stuck in NO in that crowded group.

big fork small knife
Jan 23, 2006

Just did my $50 draft last night and I'm not sure how I feel about it. Waited a bit too long to grab a QB, so I'm stuck with Dalton in yet another league. And I probably shouldn't have grabbed two TEs. This is a non-PPR, 12 team snake draft. I had pick 12, which I wasn't super prepared for. Also only 4pts per passing TD.

QB: Dalton (14)

RB: Gordon (1), Cook (4), Coleman (7), Abdullah (6), Martin (8)

WR: Green (2), Hilton (3), Robinson (5), Britt (10), Moncrief (11), Anderson (13)

TE: Henry (9), Ebron (12)

D/ST: Jax (15)

K: Koo (16)

The top QBs left are Flacco, Bortles (lol), Smith and Bradford. I'd be better off sticking with Dalton, right? I'm not 100% sold on Robbie Anderson now that they've got Kearse. Would Stills, Kupp or Ross be better pickups?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

If you're starting Trevor Siemian don't forget to pick up Osweiler as the handcuff.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
10man 0ppr

My WR's:

J. Jones
M. Evans
T. Hilton
D. Thomas
A. Jeffery
J. Crowder

Just got offered Brady for Evans...

My QB's are Palmer & Tyrod

I'm thinking this is an acceptable deal?

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
Dynasty league question; for those of you that do FAAB for startup and waiver in your dynasty league, how exactly do you handle rookie/FA drafts? Looking at starting a buy-in dynasty league next year, trying to iron out all the rules with some friends early to start looking to fill out. Thanks!

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Alfalfa posted:

10man 0ppr

My WR's:

J. Jones
M. Evans
T. Hilton
D. Thomas
A. Jeffery
J. Crowder

I wouldn't. QB's are deep, especially in a 10 man league.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Alfalfa posted:

10man 0ppr

My WR's:

J. Jones
M. Evans
T. Hilton
D. Thomas
A. Jeffery
J. Crowder

Is it 6pt or 4pt passing touchdown? In a zero ppr WR's are less valuable, and your QB's are not great. Getting the best or second best QB in the league for your #2 WR seems like a decent value. WR's are super deep this year.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Frustrated posted:

Is it 6pt or 4pt passing touchdown? In a zero ppr WR's are less valuable, and your QB's are not great. Getting the best or second best QB in the league for your #2 WR seems like a decent value. WR's are super deep this year.

6pt

RisqueBarber posted:

I wouldn't. QB's are deep, especially in a 10 man league.

Not in this league. Everyone is rolling with 2 or 3.

Currently on waiver wire:
Bradford
Cutler
Siemian
Tolzien
McCown
Bortles
Glennon
Hoyer
Goff
Smith
Kizer
Savage

lol

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Can someone tell me if Randall Cobb will ever be fantasy relevant again

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Doltos posted:

Can someone tell me if Randall Cobb will ever be fantasy relevant again

Provided he stay healthy this year, i'd bet on him returning Flex/WR3 numbers at the least.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

I would mash that personally. Brady gonna throw a lot of td's this season.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Alfalfa posted:

6pt

Not in this league. Everyone is rolling with 2 or 3.

Currently on waiver wire:
Bradford
Cutler
Siemian
Tolzien
McCown
Bortles
Glennon
Hoyer
Goff
Smith
Kizer
Savage

lol

Okay I would take the trade.

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001

Alfalfa posted:

10man 0ppr

My WR's:

J. Jones
M. Evans
T. Hilton
D. Thomas
A. Jeffery
J. Crowder

Have to imagine Brady was available when you drafted Evans. Maybe do a 2fer and try to upgrade an RB.

yoyodyne
May 7, 2007
Someone dropped Jeremy Hill, and I'm considering dropping Jalen Richard to get him. Is he the one to drop?
Here is my team:
14 team 1 ppr
We've got Doctson here!!
QB: Derek Carr
RB: Lamar Miller, Isaiah Crowell, Joe Mixon, Thomas Rawls, D'Onta Foreman, Jalen Richard
WR: Antonio Brown, Tyreke Hill, DeVante Parker, Eric Decker, Josh Doctson, Kevin White
TE: Jared Cook
K: Younghoe Koo
D/ST: Ravens

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

yoyodyne posted:

Someone dropped Jeremy Hill, and I'm considering dropping Jalen Richard to get him. Is he the one to drop?
Here is my team:
14 team 1 ppr
We've got Doctson here!!
QB: Derek Carr
RB: Lamar Miller, Isaiah Crowell, Joe Mixon, Thomas Rawls, D'Onta Foreman, Jalen Richard
WR: Antonio Brown, Tyreke Hill, DeVante Parker, Eric Decker, Josh Doctson, Kevin White
TE: Jared Cook
K: Younghoe Koo
D/ST: Ravens

Richard or Foreman. Just be ready for Hill to lose his job in a couple of weeks.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Bucs-Phins cancelled. Might be moved to week 11.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

scrubs season six posted:

If you're starting Trevor Siemian don't forget to pick up Osweiler as the handcuff.

Also don't forget to burn your sheets and then hang yourself

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Matt Zerella posted:

Bucs-Phins cancelled. Might be moved to week 11.

Cool, love to sit Ajayi and Evans week 1.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

6points passing, -1 INT.

Who do you like more as a fill in for Winston: Bradford or Wentz?

I have a 500$ FAAB budget and 5$ bids out for both of them (dropping the same guy). Just trying to figure out priority.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Inspector_666 posted:

Cool, love to sit Ajayi and Evans week 1.

Is it that bad? You get their bye out of the way at a time when the rest of your team is not on bye and when your bench is healthy. In Week 11, 4 other teams will be on bye and God knows who will be injured. I think it's almost preferable.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

coronaball posted:

Is it that bad? You get their bye out of the way at a time when the rest of your team is not on bye and when your bench is healthy. In Week 11, 4 other teams will be on bye and God knows who will be injured. I think it's almost preferable.

It just means I'm almost certainly gonna lose week 1 but yeah, I'm just being petulant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Well I'm loving mad because in my dynasty I'm stuck starting Cutler. Granted, that's its own loving problem but now I get the honor of trotting out Bortles :vomit:

• Locked thread