Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Concerned enough about his posture to get a gym ball but still slouches on it like a slob.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
Isn't he married in the comics? If so, I'd go with the idea that his wife and doctor were more concerned with his posture (and the former with the floor scuffing), but the hunching is more his way of rebelling. That was my interpretation. Either way, I absolutely love watching him race down rabbit holes after Spider-man.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

His wife died :(

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

wiegieman posted:

Just 10 issues of J. Jonah Jameson solving crimes and righting wrongs.

"Jigsaw" Jameson is on the case.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
The J stands for Justice. All of them.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Last I remember he had another heart attack and was living a healthier lifestyle. So it could be part of that. Good for you, Jonah!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Push El Burrito posted:

Last I remember he had another heart attack and was living a healthier lifestyle. So it could be part of that. Good for you, Jonah!

That scene in the second Spider-Man movie where his desk is covered with pill bottles and he's desperately trying not to yell at Betty Brant is so great. :allears:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

prefect posted:

That scene in the second Spider-Man movie where his desk is covered with pill bottles and he's desperately trying not to yell at Betty Brant is so great. :allears:

That's from the third film. :stonk: You just complimented Spider-man 3.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lurdiak posted:

There's a lot of good scenes in Spider-Man 3

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Yeah I know. There's barely any bad scenes in it (most of them are in the last 20 minutes), it's just that none of the scenes follow each other and the film is an incoherent mess as a result.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Lurdiak posted:

I don't care, because JK Simmons JJJ was the best Jonah. :colbert:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

prefect posted:

I don't care, because JK Simmons JJJ was the best Jonah. :colbert:

They should've just kept JK Simmons in all three versions.

I suspect the reason that JJJ never even cameoed in the Amazing Spider-Mans or Homecoming is because how the gently caress can you follow that up.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Crossposting this from the TV thread, Zdarsky did a charity sketch:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

is that Charlie cox as Namor?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Looks unsettlingly like Paul Ryan.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
And Colter as Hulk and Ritter as Dr. Strange. Iron Fist is using his Silver Surfer powers to be the background.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah I know. There's barely any bad scenes in it (most of them are in the last 20 minutes), it's just that none of the scenes follow each other and the film is an incoherent mess as a result.

If there's ever been a film that embodies "less than the sum of its parts", I've yet to encounter it.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

nerdman42 posted:

Uncanny X-Men #96

Reading the Claremont run for the first time is an utter delight so far.

You didn't die from nuclear holocaust along with the others Cyclops, are you ok with that? No?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
He also either used direct photo reference or committed to the bit enough to draw Cox doing his blind acting and not matching the other two's eyeline.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

evilmiera posted:

You didn't die from nuclear holocaust along with the others Cyclops, are you ok with that? No?

Oh it wasn't anything so dramatic.

Count Nefaria tried to take control of Norad with his ani-pals. The X-men promptly routed them, and while running away, Thunderbird jumped on Nefaria's jet and punched it so hard it exploded, killing him.

The odds John Proudstar was going to have a long career were pretty low.

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kalli posted:

The odds John Proudstar was going to have a long career were pretty low.

In another timeline, Wolverine was the redundant tough guy they killed off, and Thunderbird is the hyperpopular icon of comic book superheroes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

purple death ray posted:

There's a lot of good scenes in Spider-Man 3

you son of a bitch

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

TenCentFang posted:

In another timeline, Wolverine was the redundant tough guy they killed off, and Thunderbird is the hyperpopular icon of comic book superheroes.

In another (popular) timeline, John "Thunderbird" Warstar became Apocalypse's Horseman of War, so that checks out.

Somewhere in the Multiverse, there was (is?) a reality where Slapstick or Morph or someone else equally ridiculous ascended to become Apocalypse, and picked equally-appropriate Horseman - Howard the Duck and Squirrel Girl, for example.

Perhaps Doom saved us all from that outcome, and Reed Richards et al managed to *not* restore it.

Only via future one-shots, events and parody pages will we ever know...

WHY THAT ONE WATCHER ONLY DRINKS AND CRIES

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Lurdiak posted:

His wife died :(
SPIDER-MAAAAAAAAAAAAN :argh:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Knormal posted:

SPIDER-MAAAAAAAAAAAAN :argh:

It actually kinda was Spider-man's fault. He was all "Don't worry Jonah, I'll keep her safe!" Then like 5 seconds later his spider-sense didn't warn him a huge piece of shrapnel was headed for her head and she died.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

As News-Paper Spider-Man has taught us many times, his spider-sense is blind to falling rubble.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

As News-Paper Spider-Man has taught us many times, his spider-sense is blind to falling rubble.

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

And butlers!

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe

TenCentFang posted:

And butlers!

that 3rd panel makes it look like spidey is sucking on his thumb while he takes a nap

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Kharn_The_Betrayer posted:

that 3rd panel makes it look like spidey is sucking on his thumb while he takes a nap

Can you prove he isn't?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

I want a list of all the batshit Z-list villains that Stan Lee has created and debuted in Newspaper Spidey, because they are equal parts wonderful and terrible. I want Big Time, Clown 9, Hammerhand, and all these other gormless morons to exist in the official marvel handbook and be played entirely straight.

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

CzarChasm posted:

I want a list of all the batshit Z-list villains that Stan Lee has created and debuted in Newspaper Spidey, because they are equal parts wonderful and terrible.

I'm almost certain Stan Lee's involvement with the newspaper strip ends with the use of his name.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

TenCentFang posted:

I'm almost certain Stan Lee's involvement with the newspaper strip ends with the use of his name.

I suspect Larry (his brother?) does the actual writing.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

prefect posted:

I suspect Larry (his brother?) does the actual writing.

Yeah, Larry is his brother. But I wonder how much he even does at this point.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
PANT NAZIS - COMICDAFT

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

It's a G for GOOD BOY! Yes he is! Yes you are!

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

See, this is why George Reeves always dodged when the bad guys threw guns at him.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

CzarChasm posted:

I want a list of all the batshit Z-list villains that Stan Lee has created and debuted in Newspaper Spidey, because they are equal parts wonderful and terrible. I want Big Time, Clown 9, Hammerhand, and all these other gormless morons to exist in the official marvel handbook and be played entirely straight.

This is probably the closest you'll get for now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Jiro posted:

It's a G for GOOD BOY! Yes he is! Yes you are!

His superhero name is in fact G-Boy, and he's great.