Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

uber_stoat posted:

Abuela's surrogates were constantly making GBS threads on Bernie and his nefarious Bros throughout the campaign. that she even says she refrained from going negative is itself disingenuous.

bruce rappaort etc etc

that poo poo was funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

uber_stoat posted:

Abuela's surrogates were constantly making GBS threads on Bernie and his nefarious Bros throughout the campaign. that she even says she refrained from going negative is itself disingenuous.

Yeah she preferred the catspaw method to go after Bernie and supporters, such recycling the same sexism angle attack she used against Obama.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
https://twitter.com/KenJennings/status/905195058793611264

Holy gently caress Ken Jennings is the best.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Over Easy posted:

For the first time in my adult life, I am proud I :10bux:

here i thought hillary was at least smart enough to hold back on lashing out at obama but lol

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Scent of Worf posted:

tfw you realize zegermans is right and has been all along

america is a shithole full of greedy, racist sociopaths. leftists will never hold any significant amount of power because american people are trash.

i completely and wholeheartedly agree with zeger "arm the poor" mans

so if thats true, the logical next step would be to vote for trump to acelerate the implosion of america

did zergman wear the hat?

ps the country was ok with leftism under fdr, it was rightwingers and big business taking over the government to smear and murder lefties, and trash the education and media systems that swung the populace rightward, plus dems abandoning labor didnt help retain voters

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

here i thought hillary was at least smart enough to hold back on lashing out at obama but lol

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

of course she went scorched-earth on him in 2008 but as of right now he's the only one who she should be scared of pissing off. if obama decided that the party establishment should line up behind harris or booker or patrick and cut off hillary that would be the end of it for her.

Shear Modulus has issued a correction as of 23:41 on Sep 5, 2017

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

anime was right posted:

list of things bernie failed to capitalize on in the primary:
did not attack hillary on the following:
- wall st
- 90s crime bills
- welfare reform
- how she failed to pass healthcare reform in the 90s, and that she hired the person that killed it for her to run her superpac or w/e (bill kristol)
- how she hired that other guy who like, called bill clinton a rapist or w/e, captain doll-hair, forget his name
- all of her flipflops from the 2008 primary to the 2016 primary, often times she completely flipped if she was running to the left or the right of her opponent
- how long it took her to get on board with gay marriage
also:
- he did not tie her to all of her other donors
- he killed the email scandal, which was an advantage for him
- he obviously had no intention of winning from the beginning
- didn't announce or develop a profile soon enough
- tooooooooooootally hosed up the planned parenthood thing
- flubbed on guns, a lot
- often times he was too stump-speechy. this was to his advantage a lot, but he rarely adapted when it was necessary
- never clearly articulated how medicare for all would save money for the avg taxpayer, often explaining in a longwinded manner
- etc

he did hammer her on wall street and the secret speeches (butr held off on coming out and stating the implied fact which was that the speaking fees were bribes and she was bought)

that was always the thing that pissed hillary off the most because "everyone does it, why are you attacking me for it" when bernie's deeper critique (which he also was bad at making explicit) was that everyone doing it is the whole problem; if he was running against barney frank or chuck schumer or pelosi or howard dean or Jeb! he would be saying the exact same thing

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Typo posted:

I think it's generally accepted that surrogates are allowed way more breadth than candidates themselves to say poo poo about the other side

sure, but the campaign wasn't really trying to roast bernie. they didn't need to, there was only a few weeks of actual terror at the prospect of hillary losing before she assumed control of the race on march 1. surrogates are often asked to follow talking points, but it's not exactly rare for them to go off script and do their own thing. they aren't paid to be surrogates. booker calling obama's attacks on romney's hedge fund "nauseating" is a good example of that, or samantha power telling a journalist during the 2008 primary that hillary was a monster. hillary's campaign wanted to boost her favorables, talking about bernie didn't usually feed into that (except, notably, when she got the opportunity to move to his left on guns, as that pulled double duty when it came to boosting her progressive credentials). i don't know why people assume every single negative story in the media originated with the campaign, in all likelihood very few of them did.

if you remember 2008, you know what a scorched earth negative campaign looks like. bernie did not receive it, even remotely.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Concerned Citizen posted:

i don't know why people assume every single negative story in the media originated with the campaign, in all likelihood very few of them did.

lol

https://twitter.com/Olivianuzzi/status/740367983466414080

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

lmfao peter daou is a gigantic bitch

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Scent of Worf posted:

extremely problematic language over here

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

deadgoon posted:

extremely problematic language over here

but what if he's a woman or a homosexual?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Concerned Citizen posted:

i don't know why people assume every single negative story in the media originated with the campaign, in all likelihood very few of them did.

probably because content farming is A Thing

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Leave it to the champ to come up with a holocaust joke that is both tasteful, genuinely funny

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Over Easy posted:

but what if he's a woman or a homosexual?

isnt everyone

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
I wonder if Hillary feels embarrassed or ashamed of Daou's behavior on the twitter and thinking that she's given him too much latitude to feel self-important because it is Hillary that is the important one here

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

SKULL.GIF posted:

donald trump executes 800 bright young people with a flamethrower fueled by benjamins

the democrats: "this is wrong, and furthermore, it's an enormous waste of money. it costs us $70,000 per second to carry out these incinerations. this must stop immediately."

hanales posted:

This is america. Everyone is a series of dollar signs. It's part of the package.

like I give a poo poo about hell dumping gently caress these moron ghouls

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

https://twitter.com/MichaelChasin/status/905180564625309696

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

lol

https://twitter.com/chapotraphouse/status/905204588776710145

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Scent of Worf posted:

This is pretty Trumpy behavior

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Lastgirl posted:

I wonder if Hillary feels embarrassed or ashamed of Daou's behavior on the twitter and thinking that she's given him too much latitude to feel self-important because it is Hillary that is the important one here

if she did she wouldn't have tweeted his stupid website

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

uber_stoat posted:

my favorite was that shitlord Chris Murphy from CT trying to blame sandy hook on Bernie.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

This guy is a corncob for which each individual kernel is a corncob in itself, repeating infinitely like a fractal of corncobs

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Streak posted:

This guy is a corncob for which each individual kernel is a corncob in itself, repeating infinitely like a fractal of corncobs

he came from planet Abuela.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

got any sevens posted:

so if thats true, the logical next step would be to vote for trump to acelerate the implosion of america

did zergman wear the hat?

ps the country was ok with leftism under fdr, it was rightwingers and big business taking over the government to smear and murder lefties, and trash the education and media systems that swung the populace rightward, plus dems abandoning labor didnt help retain voters

no because even someone like donald trump isn't shaking the status quo. also the new deal only worked because its programs massively benefited whites more than blacks due to discrimination and outright exclusion of black people. in a country where a good 50% of the people start foaming at the mouth over someone getting $150 a month in food stamps i don't think there's much of a chance for leftism to ever really gain power through reform. maybe if automation puts tens of millions out of work. or after WW3 kicks off and then we can welcome our posadist overlords :getin:

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Lastgirl posted:

I wonder if Hillary feels

No

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Is it still a meltdown when it encompasses the entirety of your Twitter persona across all time?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
https://mobile.twitter.com/hardcore_hank/status/905210136167309313

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Remember when Clinton attacked Sanders for not seeing him supporter her on healthcare in the 90s and like that video came out like an hour later of him standing right behind her during a healthcare speech? In my opinion, that was very funny.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Over Easy posted:

Is it still a meltdown when it encompasses the entirety of your Twitter persona across all time?

Yes, just like the Sun is basically a perpetual nuclear meltdown in space, it counts even if you have never been anything other than melting down

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Remember when Clinton attacked Sanders for not seeing him supporter her on healthcare in the 90s and like that video came out like an hour later of him standing right behind her during a healthcare speech? In my opinion, that was very funny.

She also had Chelsea launch the shill attack claiming Bernie was trying to cancel health insurance for americans

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
https://twitter.com/dril/status/905167692931506177

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Streak posted:

Yes, just like the Sun is basically a perpetual nuclear meltdown in space, it counts even if you have never been anything other than melting down

You explained it so beautifully, they should have sent a poet, and they did

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

This is a direct quote from The Book of Five Rings, fyi.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Lastgirl posted:

people have excessive luxuries and comfort in this country that its met with ennui so that they have to invent ways to victimize themselves

its how suing became a national sport.

Suing's been the national sport since the puritan days. One of the things that struck european visitors to the early American colonies was how suit-happy they were.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

America was founded by a bunch of prudes who care really really hard about the specific wording of the bible how could it not be a sue happy country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

I loving HATE IT when he gets political

• Locked thread