Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

ffffffffffffffffffffff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

How is your original work so much better than your modern work and you put a disclaimer apologising for the early art right at the start of the comic jesus christ runon sentence

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The premise of Goblins is really stupid. Its not set in a D&D-esque fantasy world but an actual D&D game that people are supposed to be playing. So you have stupid stuff like everyone treating everything that happens as deadly serious but then they start mentioning levels and classes and when people are gravely injured they have numbers floating over their heads. It creates this tonal whiplash.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

muscles like this! posted:

The premise of Goblins is really stupid. Its not set in a D&D-esque fantasy world but an actual D&D game that people are supposed to be playing. So you have stupid stuff like everyone treating everything that happens as deadly serious but then they start mentioning levels and classes and when people are gravely injured they have numbers floating over their heads. It creates this tonal whiplash.

Everyone has met that guy who wants to tell you all about his sick d&d campaign. Except this time the DM is incompetent, the players are incompetent, and the guy telling you about it happens to have a Wacom, with which he is incompetent.

I've read chunks of Goblins out of the same masochism that led me to bookmark this thread, and it's all just a really lovely middle school d&d campaign. The only thing notable about it is that at some points the art is so bad that it seems like an achievement.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It's incomprehensibly bad also someone please link me the old mock threads I'm too mentally brain dumb to find them :saddowns:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

That's funny, I always thought the premise of Goblins was that it was set in a world where everything looks like garbage and everyone is confused at all times by what the hell is supposed to be going on.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

vyelkin posted:

That's funny, I always thought the premise of Goblins the real world was that it was set in a world where everything looks like garbage and everyone is confused at all times by what the hell is supposed to be going on.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

No wonder it's not getting renewed for another season :tif:

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I laughed at today's Penny Arcade, is something wrong with me?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

What I'm getting from this is: "son, imma gently caress your mom so good she'd be giving birth before you get back"
And that's probably better than the Vidya games joke.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Tagichatn posted:

It's an okay joke, probably funnier if you're a gamer who has a kid that's going to school and old enough to play games with you, which is definitely a tiny demographic. I do like that they stopped doing the drunk red noses though! It makes the art much more bearable to look at.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
What it is it with people giving a poo poo over what color cartoon peoples noses are?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

What it is it with people giving a poo poo over what color cartoon peoples noses are?

Because one color looks bad.

What is it with people on the internet giving a poo poo what other people on the internet think?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Bombadilillo posted:

Because one color looks bad.

What is it with people on the internet giving a poo poo what other people on the internet think?

REEEEEEEEEEEE

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Bad parenting is always a good joke. My parents were hilarious.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

You'll wait for me to get home from school before you start <VIDEO GAME>... right?

No son, absolutely not. That is a terrible idea.
I'm not even gonna wait for you to get on the bus.
By the time you get home from school today?
Your mother and I will be working on our <NEW GAME +>.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
You'll understand when you have kids. :smug:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Only 90's parents of dumbass millennial kids will understand.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Welcome to isekai.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Tagichatn posted:

Why does he look like he's barely any older than his son?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Look at their pics in real life, and they're the literal poster-children for the term "manchild".

With a little Sloth from the Goonies thrown into the ol' DNA mix too.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Characters are drawn as their mental age.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

Amoeba102 posted:

Characters are drawn as their mental age.

is that why Tycho looks like a bald baby irl

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Look at their pics in real life, and they're the literal poster-children for the term "manchild".

With a little Sloth from the Goonies thrown into the ol' DNA mix too.

The funniest thing about Indie Game: The Movie was when Phil Fish meets Jerry Holkins, because Phil does actually look like Tycho.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

BJPaskoff posted:

It's an okay joke, probably funnier if you're a gamer who has a kid that's going to school and old enough to play games with you, which is definitely a tiny demographic. I do like that they stopped doing the drunk red noses though! It makes the art much more bearable to look at.

I fit that demographic, and meh, it's still pretty so-so.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Gabe is certainly not drawn his dental age, because whooooo-boy, when that guy smiles it's like looking at the mouth of sauron. Only a little grosser.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Given how goony looking they are in real life, how flattering did the Penny Arcade guys draw their spouses?

The Whomp guy at least drew himself pretty true to life.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Ronnie is somehow a good-natured and delightful man who found his way onto the internet and, more astoundingly, made a webcomic. Like how does that even happen.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
A fine fellow.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Whomp is good.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

finalellipsis posted:

You'll wait for me to get home from school before you start <VIDEO GAME>... right?

No son, absolutely not. That is a terrible idea.
I'm not even gonna wait for you to get on the bus.
By the time you get home from school today?
Your mother and I will be working on our <NEW GAME +>.

uv solved jokes, dam

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

vyelkin posted:

Whomp is good.

Whomp is blood.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Slimy Hog posted:

Whomp is blood.

But then, by the transitive property, whomp is anime.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

marshmallow creep posted:

Makes you think doesn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

marshmallow creep posted: