Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Control Volume posted:

I recommend not playing at all.

Alternative position that is also correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Clarence posted:

Is tier 2-3 just wall-to-wall seal clubbers? I played in beta, then installed again when the 5x first win bonus was on (and I've got premium from WOWS).

Seems to be lots of people with fully equipped (e.g. fire extinguishers, obvious crew skills) light tanks and autocannons running around blowing everyone else away.

This is Not Fun.

It's not wall-to-wall. Maybe one or two per team that will cut through the actual noobs like a hot knife through butter.

Just buy a camo net and binocs and move them between tanks and you're set for low tier seal clubbing yourself.

Protip: If you see a [CIA] T-127 or B2 platoon quit playing low tiers for the night.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

McGavin posted:

Protip: If you see a [CIA] T-127 or B2 platoon quit playing low tiers for the night.

Or platoon with an actual good player and marvel as they slaughter the CIA players without taking any damage in return.

Reirrac
Jun 6, 2011
Managed to finish the hell grind for the T49 playing solo on the Bulldog thanks to the 2x every match with +200% xp reserves.

I gotta stop being a masochistic lone wolf and play platoons... :csgo:

Now onwards to grinding credits with the jg tiger 8.8 and the E25 to pay for the T49!

Ugh...

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
M41 is one of my favorite solo pub tanks.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Hellsau posted:

Or platoon with an actual good player and marvel as they slaughter the CIA players without taking any damage in return.

They're usually firing nothing but gold and most low tiers have paper armour. :(

Still, even solo in a tier 2 I can usually get two before I run out of HP to take on the third and he kills me and the rest of my full HP newbie teammates.

Reirrac
Jun 6, 2011

Barry posted:

M41 is one of my favorite solo pub tanks.

The M41 is a fine tank, too bad pubbies find me irresistible.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs
The jt88 is such a pos i wish I hadn't bought it 3 years ago

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

celewign posted:

How are you trying to play it?

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Clarence posted:

Is tier 2-3 just wall-to-wall seal clubbers? I played in beta, then installed again when the 5x first win bonus was on (and I've got premium from WOWS).

Seems to be lots of people with fully equipped (e.g. fire extinguishers, obvious crew skills) light tanks and autocannons running around blowing everyone else away.

This is Not Fun.

They always come back.... :getin:

Seriously though, I played up the new Chinese TD line less than a week ago starting at tier 2 and there were virtually no sealclubbers, including myself. I mean I was actually grinding at low tiers so you could only half-consider me clubbing, but the vast majority of the players were new and/or pure trash. The experienced players I saw were mostly in probable grind tanks, rather than premium or likely elited vehicles.

You can't really tell what equipment and modules everyone else is running, but you can guess by looking at player stats. The thing is, low tiers feature a ton of autocannons in general, so that has nothing to do with the "clubbing" aspect. Just don't let them get too close to your paper tank; it's not like autocannons are accurate at long range.

If you need to platoon to get through low tiers I'm always up for it.

serious gaylord posted:

But a tier 8 prem and get enough free xp to skip the seal club tiers.

I started going up the german light tank line and playing the Luchs made me feel dirty.

Yeah, no, don't recommend buying a tier 8 premium to new players (and/or guys returning after 5 years.) :colbert:

Control Volume posted:

I recommend not playing at all.

They always come back.... :getin:

Hellsau posted:

Yeah, those CIA shitters aren't good, they're just experienced players in good tanks. If you check out their stats you'll see they're trash in everything other than a T-127.

celewign posted:

Didn't they just buff this thing?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Atomizer posted:

Didn't they just buff this thing?

They did but having slightly better mobility can't really overcome the fact that you'll get totally clowned by a Defender or Patriot or whatever, and tier 9s and 10s don't give a poo poo about the JT88 anyway. The JT88 was never good, it could just make lots of credits by holding left click on enemy tanks until it died, but other tanks got way more armor and the JT88's 203 pen has just gotten worse and worse as time went on.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
I think I'm done with the Ferdinand. It will only ever be played in 5x weekends from now on. I can't stand that piece of garbage.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I love the FV 4005

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Barry posted:

I think I'm done with the Ferdinand. It will only ever be played in 5x weekends from now on. I can't stand that piece of garbage.

You can try the JPII, but ultimately it is worse in its own special ways.

Hellsau posted:

They did but having slightly better mobility can't really overcome the fact that you'll get totally clowned by a Defender or Patriot or whatever, and tier 9s and 10s don't give a poo poo about the JT88 anyway. The JT88 was never good, it could just make lots of credits by holding left click on enemy tanks until it died, but other tanks got way more armor and the JT88's 203 pen has just gotten worse and worse as time went on.

The JT88 was much more okay back in the day when it mostly got T8 with plenty of 6s and 7s to shoot. Their was also more concealment and cover back in the day with less stupid items to block line of site. Back then the 88 was adequate to go either go through or find the weak points of your enemy. Of course with the changes WG has made plus the addition of the better than tech tree tanks, I imagine it is probably completely worthless.

HFX fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Sep 6, 2017

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hellsau posted:

The jt88 doesnt see 10's :smuggo:

Whatever happened to the jt88 that was buffed with a new gun that didnt heve pref mm?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
The only time getting the JT88 made sense was when you could pick up multiple of those codes for the JT88+gold+premium on Kinguin for ~$15-25 per.

And I don't think the premium JT with the stock 128 has been released yet.

Reirrac
Jun 6, 2011

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The only time getting the JT88 made sense was when you could pick up multiple of those codes for the JT88+gold+premium on Kinguin for ~$15-25 per.

That's how I got the JT88. Money well spent.

I couldn't stand playing the JT88 before the buff, but now the mobility is just adequate. I try to aim for 2k damage before dying horribly.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
How do we feel about the STA-2? I could use some more prem account time and gold, and like medium tanks, and am also doing that japanese line so...should I?

I guess I should mention I have a JT88, T-34, and type-59 (which is not as fun as I remembered, seems slooooow)

Nitramster fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Sep 7, 2017

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

Tahirovic posted:

Is there a one time transfer option for account from NA to EU and vice versa?

Not as far as I know. I tried when I moved to Germany to study and WG told me no. So now I play when nobody else is on with ungodly lag.... Yaaaaay

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Nitramster posted:

How do we feel about the STA-2? I could use some more prem account time and gold, and like medium tanks, and am also doing that japanese line so...should I?

I guess I should mention I have a JT88, T-34, and type-59 (which is not as fun as I remembered, seems slooooow)

Don't give WG money.
Also there are no keepers in the Jap med line, so your crew should be fine after a while. There is tier 5 med that might be the cheaper option for crew training that doesn't involve tier 8 MM.
The rest of your tanks should be fine for credits, I am still running my T34 for that.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Nitramster posted:

I like it. It isn't op, but is a good solid medium similar to a pershing. I believe it has a faster aim time than the ripper, but a weaker mantlet. If you are doing high tier Japanese why not.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

Well yeah I mean I wouldn't play the JT88 for fun, just for printing credits. :shrug:

Barry posted:

I'm sorry you feel that way, because I thought the [fully upgraded] Ferdi was ~AMAZING~. :allears: I mean it's mainly about the [top] gun, because you can just assault gun in and shred almost anything you see while being able to bounce some things and having a nice HP pool.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Ah yes, my 4 JT88 codes got me $200 in gold for $100. :allears:

Nitramster posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the Type 59 is slow and unfun! (I almost wish I could rent mine out to pubbies to show them how not-loving-amazing it is....)

The STA-2 is pretty decent now that it's been buffed; it's roughly equivalent to the tech tree STA-1 now so it's not even like it's a gimped premium tank. I think you'll like it if you like the Pershing, as they're pretty similar although the STA-1 & -2 manage to have less armor, somehow. What I think you should do is play the STA-1 first, because you're going through it anyway, and that will give you a nearly perfect idea of how the premium tank will play before having to purchase it.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
^ you know what I think I'll pass on it then. I don't think I'll get to tier 8 by the time the event ends, I'm at 6 now but it's a slog and not fun, I probably won't keep going after the event if 7 isn't entertaining.

Cardiac posted:

Also there are no keepers in the Jap med line, so your crew should be fine after a while. There is tier 5 med that might be the cheaper option for crew training that doesn't involve tier 8 MM.

I totally forgot I have the Kai, but as to the no keepers, I thought the tier 10 was good?

Nitramster fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Sep 7, 2017

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The Chi-Ri is the worst tank in the game.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!

Atomizer posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the Type 59 is slow and unfun! (I almost wish I could rent mine out to pubbies to show them how not-loving-amazing it is....)

Well it's still worth playing, but the turret doesn't bounce like it used to with the power creep, and the motor is loving trash now (although I run a speed govenor and I do notice it can be on a longer time than it used to, sometimes 1 run up a hjill on a map would put you close to blowing the engine, now you can forget it's on and be safe)

If they just made it faster, or buffed the turret it would be great again. A slight pen buff on the silver rounds is needed to, just slight, I'm okay with loading 1/3 gold for the tough parts)

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

McGavin posted:

The Chi-Ri is the worst tank in the game.

lol naw the A-44 is much worse and they've added even more worse tanks than the Chi-Ri, like have you seen the tier 6 and 7 Swedish TDs?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Hellsau posted:

lol naw the A-44 is much worse and they've added even more worse tanks than the Chi-Ri, like have you seen the tier 6 and 7 Swedish TDs?

The A-44 isn't a slow moving, barn-sized shitbrick with an anemic gun and armour that can't stand up to tier 5 HE.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

McGavin posted:

The A-44 isn't a slow moving, barn-sized shitbrick with an anemic gun and armour that can't stand up to tier 5 HE.

someone wanna post the "hellsau gets owned by VK3601 HE derp" gif

But seriously the Chi-Ri has a functional gun assuming the low pen isn't a problem and the A-44's gun isn't functional at almost any range and its module damage problem is pretty severe. Also the Challenger still exists but I guess they're buffing that or have buffed it i dunno.

e: oh poo poo the Type 95 still exists, that's way worse than all the tier 7s we're talking about, and also the Toldi if you count premiums since it's worse than all the tier 1s and it gets regular tier 3 matchmaking.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Hellsau posted:

e: oh poo poo the Type 95 still exists, that's way worse than all the tier 7s we're talking about, and also the Toldi if you count premiums since it's worse than all the tier 1s and it gets regular tier 3 matchmaking.

I have a 100% win rate in the Toldi, so I won't have you besmirch it. :colbert:

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Nitramster posted:

^ you know what I think I'll pass on it then. I don't think I'll get to tier 8 by the time the event ends, I'm at 6 now but it's a slog and not fun, I probably won't keep going after the event if 7 isn't entertaining.

I totally forgot I have the Kai, but as to the no keepers, I thought the tier 10 was good?

The tier 6 was pretty decent (it's not much of a "medium" tank, but the gun is good and so is the depression) but the tier 7, well, the other guys have told you all you need to know about the Chi-Ri. :(

I totally do recommend skipping the Chi-Ri like I did, and the STA-1 is playable. I think the tier 9 is pretty good, and pretty Patton-like (haven't started it yet) and the tier 10 I hear is kind of outdated, but at least has a good gun and depression. I wouldn't be surprised if they buff it at some point in the near future.

Nitramster posted:

Well it's still worth playing, but the turret doesn't bounce like it used to with the power creep, and the motor is loving trash now (although I run a speed govenor and I do notice it can be on a longer time than it used to, sometimes 1 run up a hjill on a map would put you close to blowing the engine, now you can forget it's on and be safe)

If they just made it faster, or buffed the turret it would be great again. A slight pen buff on the silver rounds is needed to, just slight, I'm okay with loading 1/3 gold for the tough parts)

Also you could blow out the motor now and just use a newly multi-use repair kit. :shobon:

The thing that always killed me about the Type 59 was the low ammo count, more than anything else.

Hellsau posted:

I hated the A-44 and skipped like half of it, and skipped the whole Chi-Ri. I'd play those Swedish TDs all over again over the aforementioned 2 MTs, though.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

McGavin posted:

The ChiRi has depression, good gun handling and 400 in alpha.
It is basically a fat kid with a smg.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
every battle i play im getting two booster things im *worried* for this games state of health

finally gonna die? :grin: pgs btw and got foch tier 9 its pretty nice with an auto loader , and oh nvm pgs is dead? but i see potential for the 30v30

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Sep 7, 2017

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Atomizer posted:

I'm sorry you feel that way, because I thought the [fully upgraded] Ferdi was ~AMAZING~. :allears: I mean it's mainly about the [top] gun, because you can just assault gun in and shred almost anything you see while being able to bounce some things and having a nice HP pool.

Yeah the upgraded ferdi is great fun.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I should try play my JT88 some again, I remember it being fun enough. I guess I need more gold ammo now because I don't know all the weakspots anymore and powercreep is a thing.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Atomizer posted:

I'm sure you're right I just... I can't do it anymore. I'm managing about 1k damage and a 39%WR through 40 battles which wouldn't be the end of the world if it were actually enjoyable but it's just this giant, unreliable slug.

e: Also I'm kind of enjoying the A-44. I feel zero responsibility when I don't do well in it because man, that is one hell of a potato cannon on it. Those yukon gold shells just want to get back in the dirt where they belong. Sit back and let whatever happens happen.

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/premium-shop/stg-guard-is-here/ I assume it's OP

Barry fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Sep 7, 2017

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
I think I may start playing this again if only to finally finish my goal of achieving what I had in beta--all of the initial heavy and medium tank lines to Tier X.

Though I continually question whether it is worth the hard drive space... quick question, did they ever go through with selling my pre-order mutant, and if so, did they compensate people with who pre-ordered the game and were promised their pre-ordered tanks would never be sold?

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!

ZombieLenin posted:

I think I may start playing this again if only to finally finish my goal of achieving what I had in beta--all of the initial heavy and medium tank lines to Tier X.

Though I continually question whether it is worth the hard drive space... quick question, did they ever go through with selling my pre-order mutant, and if so, did they compensate people with who pre-ordered the game and were promised their pre-ordered tanks would never be sold?

I believe they got around that promise by making it aquirable through a lengthy mission or as a random rare reward on tank rewards.com? I don't think they actually sold it but more people have it now that's for sure.

Edit: VVV Well nevermind me lawlz. VVV

Nitramster fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Sep 7, 2017

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

They actually sold it.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
Maybe we should talk about this new soviet premium they have up now. As I said before the old Type-59 was fun, will the STG be fun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

McGavin posted:

They actually sold it.

So nice of them, as long as they gave me my $60 bucks back or $60 worth of stuff. I'm sure Wargaming did that, right? :downsrim: